|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does every traveler have to show while traveling in Russia?
(a) A passport.
(b) Their "ticket to live."
(c) A driver's license.
(d) A train ticket.
2. For a month after the war begins, what are Flashman and Prince William doing?
(a) Hiding from the action.
(b) Training to fight.
(c) Staff work and social engagements.
(d) Fighting at the front.
3. In the second message, how does Raglan order Lucan to behave?
(a) Defensively and with good judgment.
(b) Offesnively and with good judgment.
(c) Full attack.
(d) However he feels is appropriate.
4. As a prisoner of war, how is Flashman treated?
(a) Very poorly.
(b) The Russians just pretend that he doesn't exist.
(c) Extremely well; almost like an honored guest.
(d) He isn't taken as a prisoner of war.
5. Where is Campbell from?
6. Where does the British government decide that Lord Raglan and his army must invade?
(c) Nowhere; they decide that they should go home.
7. Why is Flashman worried about how well Prince William is performing his army duties?
(a) Because he is doing so well that Flashman is afraid they will be assigned to action.
(b) Because William's performance is only average, and Flashman doesn't want him to go to battle before he is ready.
(c) Because when William does poorly, it reflects poorly on Flashman.
(d) He doesn't really care; he's just happy to be able to go to high society parties.
8. What happens when Flashman finally is able to complete his first mission?
(a) He never finds Campbell.
(b) He is told that Campbell been killed.
(c) He is told that his information is out of date.
(d) He finds Campbell mortally wounded.
9. Why does Flashman dislike Lord Cardigan?
(a) He doesn't dislike Lord Cardigan, who is like a mentor to him.
(b) Because he has always been better at his job than Flashy.
(c) Because he fired him and sent him to Afghanistan 14 years previously.
(d) Because Lord Cardigan is very arrogant.
10. What surprises Flashman about the Russian peasants?
(a) That they are so smart.
(b) That they are so dirty.
(c) That they are so poor.
(d) That they are slaves.
11. Why does Flashman think to himself "let it be a long war," when he gets to the estate where he is staying?
(a) Because he secretly wants the Russians to win.
(b) Because Flashman is tired and needs a rest.
(c) Because of a beautiful young lady who is also at the estate.
(d) Because he's tired of England and is enjoying Russia.
12. At Marjorie's party in Chapter 2, what does Flashman stumble upon Elspeth and Lord Cardigan doing?
(a) About to be intimate.
(b) Dancing together.
(c) Shopping together.
(d) Riding together on Lord Cardigan's horse.
13. What country are Britain and France fighting for in order to protect it?
14. When Lord Raglan and Flashman are speaking about William after the battle, what does Raglan tell Flashman he has done?
(a) That he has failed, utterly and completely.
(b) That he has done a very good job.
(c) That he needs a little work in some areas.
(d) That he has shown great bravery.
15. Why does Flashman say that Lord Raglan is the worst kind of General imaginable?
(a) Because Lord Raglan just wants to go home.
(b) Because Lord Raglan blames Flashman for the Prince's death.
(c) Because he is weak and cowardly.
(d) Because he is brave, optimistic and ready to take on all the odds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Flashman believe that Satan would be if he were a human being?
2. When Flashman re-joins the siege operations, what is his first mission?
3. Why does Flashman pull strings to join the Board of Ordnance?
4. How does Flashman find his journey through the Russian countryside?
5. What is Flashman's personal nickname for Lord Cardigan?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)