|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Flashman describe the Russian soldiers?
(a) Ordinary, but good company.
(b) Small and fast.
(c) Big and brave.
(d) Dull and ordinary.
2. Who's estate is Flashman staying at while he is a prisoner of war?
(a) With Count Pencherjevksy.
(b) With Count Ignatieff.
(c) The estate of a peasant family.
(d) It's an old hotel in the Russian countryside owned by the government.
3. What is in the locket that Willy has around his neck?
(a) A picture of the Queen.
(b) A picture of Elspeth.
(c) A picture of his favorite prostitute.
(d) A lock of hair.
4. Who or what does Prince William turn out to be?
(a) The greenhorn that Cutts took advantage of at the pool hall.
(b) A spoiled brat.
(c) A brilliant soldier, eager to do battle.
(d) A lazy, good-for nothing royal.
5. What happens when Flashman finally is able to complete his first mission?
(a) He is told that his information is out of date.
(b) He never finds Campbell.
(c) He is told that Campbell been killed.
(d) He finds Campbell mortally wounded.
6. Who is Billy Russell?
(a) He is Flashman's good friend.
(b) He is a journalist.
(c) He is Lew Nolan's valet.
(d) He is a soldier.
7. What is the date that the entirety of Chapter 4 takes place on?
(a) December 1st, 1854.
(b) October 1st, 1854.
(c) October 25th, 1854.
(d) October 31st, 1850.
8. Where is Campbell from?
9. What is Prince William's nickname?
10. What does Willy do to annoy Flashman as they are leaving for war?
(a) He sleeps in that morning.
(b) He speaks about how exciting it is and are eager.
(c) He cries, saying he will miss his favorite prostitute.
(d) He decides not to go.
11. How close is the Russian charge before Campbell finally allows his troops to fire?
(a) 200 yards away.
(b) 100 yards away.
(c) 50 yards away.
(d) At least a mile.
12. Who does Flashman believe that Satan would be if he were a human being?
(a) A Turk.
(b) An American.
(c) A Frenchman.
(d) A Russian.
13. Who does Flashman unexpectedly meet at the estate where he is staying?
(a) Lord Raglan.
(b) Count Ignatieff.
(c) Lord Cardigan.
(d) Scud East.
14. What does Billy Russell tell Flashman will happen "in a day or so"?
(a) That Flashman will be kicked out of the army for allowing Willy to die.
(b) That the war will be over.
(c) That Lord Raglan won't hold a grudge against Flashman for Prince Williams death.
(d) That they'll get to go home.
15. Why is Flashman worried about how well Prince William is performing his army duties?
(a) Because William's performance is only average, and Flashman doesn't want him to go to battle before he is ready.
(b) Because he is doing so well that Flashman is afraid they will be assigned to action.
(c) Because when William does poorly, it reflects poorly on Flashman.
(d) He doesn't really care; he's just happy to be able to go to high society parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Prince Albert painted as a character?
2. How does Flashman teach Cutts a lesson?
3. Why does Flashman teach Cutts a lesson at the pool hall?
4. When Flashman goes to charge down the slope, what does he tell Willy to do?
5. What is Flashman doing when he catches Elspeth and Lord Cardigan?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)