|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country are Britain and France fighting for in order to protect it?
2. What word does Flashman search for as he lies on the ground waiting for Russian swords to pierce him?
(a) The Russian word for "hello."
(b) The Russian word for "friend."
(c) The Russian word for "surrender."
(d) The Russian word for "sorry."
3. What does every traveler have to show while traveling in Russia?
(a) A train ticket.
(b) A driver's license.
(c) A passport.
(d) Their "ticket to live."
4. When Lord Raglan and Flashman are speaking about William after the battle, what does Raglan tell Flashman he has done?
(a) That he needs a little work in some areas.
(b) That he has done a very good job.
(c) That he has failed, utterly and completely.
(d) That he has shown great bravery.
5. Why does Flashman dislike Lord Cardigan?
(a) Because he has always been better at his job than Flashy.
(b) Because he fired him and sent him to Afghanistan 14 years previously.
(c) Because Lord Cardigan is very arrogant.
(d) He doesn't dislike Lord Cardigan, who is like a mentor to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Flashman doing when he catches Elspeth and Lord Cardigan?
2. What does Billy Russell tell Flashman will happen "in a day or so"?
3. What new post does Lord Raglan give to Flashman?
4. How close is the Russian charge before Campbell finally allows his troops to fire?
5. Why does Flashman regret that he might be exchanged soon for a Russian POW?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)