|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flashman say is common practice when a staff galloper is given a written message?
(a) To borrow a horse from the cavalry in order to deliver the message.
(b) The run as fast as they can to deliver the message.
(c) To only travel at night to deliver the message.
(d) To ask if there are any verbal instructions or messages.
2. After finding out about Willy's fate, what does Raglan ask Flashman that seems inappropriate?
(a) He doesn't say anything; just pours himself a cup of tea.
(b) He asks Flashman if he is okay.
(c) "What will I tell the Queen?"
(d) He inquires after Willy's uniform.
3. What does Raglan do with Flashman after the tragedy?
(a) He banishes Flashman to Russia.
(b) He sends Flashman home.
(c) He stops speaking to Flashman.
(d) He allows Flashman to stay on his staff.
4. Why does Flashman teach Cutts a lesson at the pool hall?
(a) Because he hustled a game of pool and took 15 pounds from a greenhorn.
(b) Because Cutts insulted Lord Cardigan.
(c) Because Cutts was trying to get involved romantically with his wife.
(d) Because Cutts insulted his wife.
5. Why doesn't Lord Raglan like beards?
(a) He does like them, and, in fact, has one himself.
(b) He thinks beards look foreign.
(c) He thinks they smell.
(d) He says they get in the way while his troops fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 2, what does Flashman vow to do?
2. How does Flashman describe the Battle of Alma from the start?
3. Who does Prince William fall in love with?
4. What two characteristics are used to paint Lord Cardigan as a villain?
5. What country are Britain and France fighting for in order to protect it?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)