|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the scene that Flashman encounters when he is placed in the cell with two men?
(a) Flashman passes out when he reaches the cell.
(b) A terrible smell of the two men who haven't bathed.
(c) Both men are pased out on the cell floor.
(d) One man hanging from all for limbs and another underneath him trying to hold him up.
2. How does Flashman describe the Russian civil servants?
(a) As genial drunks.
(b) As very nice, but stupid.
(c) As stoic goverment servants.
(d) As a bad lot who were pompous and stupid.
3. What drives the serfs to finally revolt against Count Pencherjevsky?
(a) When he sleeps with one of the serf women.
(b) When his Cossacks kill a priest.
(c) When he knocks out one too many.
(d) When his Cossacks kill the political agitator, Blank.
4. Where does Campbell believe that the main Russian advance will be directed?
(a) North of the Causeway.
(b) South of the Causeway.
(c) Back towards Balaclava.
(d) He doesn't think there will be another Russian advance.
5. Why is Flashman annoyed at East for giving Valla something for sleep?
(a) Flashman wanted the opportunity to comfort the half-naked blonde.
(b) Flashman couldn't care less if East gave her something or not.
(c) Flashman was afraid he'd given her too much.
(d) Flashman wanted Valla to be alert for danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the British government decide that Lord Raglan and his army must invade?
2. How does Flashman find his journey through the Russian countryside?
3. How do Flashman and East discover Item 7?
4. After the rescue, where do the Tajiks take Flashman after riding for hours?
5. What country are Britain and France fighting for in order to protect it?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)