|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Flash pass out in this section?
2. Who soldiers does Flash say Singh should order his men to attack?
3. Why does Goolab say Jeendan wants Flash to escort her son?
4. What is Flash ill with at the beginning of chapter eighteen?
5. Who frees Flash in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Flashman plan to get Dalip out of the palace unnoticed?
2. Why is Flash so impressed with Dalip in this section?
3. Why does Gardner want Flash to travel with the Khalsa?
4. What plans does Broadfoot say he has for Flash?
5. How does Hardinge embarrass Flash in this section?
6. How does Lawrence persuade Hardinge that Flash is the right man to escort Dalip?
7. Why is Flash relieved to hear Broadfoot has been killed in battle?
8. How does Flash argue against Lawrence sending him to Lahore?
9. Why is Tej Singh so upset in this section?
10. How does Jeendan shock the soldiers in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do people think Flash has achieved? In what way does Flash's own view of himself contradict how the public sees him? How would someone like Flash be represented in the media today?
Essay Topic 2
Why are the Khalsam such a threat to the British? What would have happened if the Khalsam had defeated the British?
Essay Topic 3
In what could it be said that Flashman is not necessary the coward he suggests? What does it say about Flashman's characters and the readers perceptive of him that he claims he is a coward?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)