|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Van Cortlandt's opinion of Flash?
2. Where does Jassa take Flash?
3. Where does Dalip say he wants to be after six?
4. Who is hiding Lal Singh?
5. Who frees Flash in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lawrence persuade Hardinge that Flash is the right man to escort Dalip?
2. What does Lawrence tell Flash the Khalsa's new plans are?
3. What plans does Lawrence say he has for Flash?
4. Why does Littler say Flash may be tried and executed?
5. What does flash see from his position on the north bank?
6. How does Flash say the British prevent certain defeat?
7. Why does Gardner want Flash to travel with the Khalsa?
8. Why is Tej Singh so upset in this section?
9. What are the three mens' plan to get inside the palace?
10. How does Jeendan shock the soldiers in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Fraser change his representation of history to fit the story? What criticisms can be directed at the author for his version of history?
Essay Topic 2
What is the history of Punjab? How has the area evolved since the 1850s? How accurate is the author's representation of Punjab?
Essay Topic 3
Why were the British so interested in Lahore? What do the natives think of the British presence in Lahore? In what way did the British presence cause conflict between the natives?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)