|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flash compare the stone structure to?
2. Who does Flash say they should return the Koh-i-Noor to?
3. What kind of officer spots Flashman just outside of Lahore?
4. Why does Goolab say Jeendan wants Flash to escort her son?
5. Where do the British Calvary take Flash?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does flash see from his position on the north bank?
2. Why does Flash decide to stay in his current position?
3. Why is Tej Singh so upset in this section?
4. How do the Khalsa intend to torture Flashman?
5. What does Goolab alrady know about the treaty?
6. How does Flashman plan to get Dalip out of the palace unnoticed?
7. What does Flash learn about Lal Singh in chapter twelve?
8. What plans does Lawrence say he has for Flash?
9. How does Hardinge embarrass Flash in this section?
10. How does Jeendan shock the soldiers in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Flashman react to the following people's deaths?
1. Captain Sale.
2. George Broadfoot.
3. Jawaheer Singh
What does his reaction say about his character?
Essay Topic 2
Why do historians think Singh retreated instead of moving in and defeating the British? What does it say about the difficulties of representing history, and that there are different perspectives rather than one truth?
Essay Topic 3
Why are the Khalsam such a threat to the British? What would have happened if the Khalsam had defeated the British?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)