|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Flash as the battle rages?
2. Why is Flash partly relieved that Broadfoot has died?
3. What does Flash injure as he escapes the house?
4. Who is the message from that the young officer reads out for Flash?
5. What news does Gardner have about Jeendan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plans does Broadfoot say he has for Flash?
2. What plans does Lawrence say he has for Flash?
3. Why does Flashman say Tej Singh withdrew his troops?
4. What is Hardinge disgusted about in this section?
5. Why does Littler say Flash may be tried and executed?
6. Why is Flash relieved to hear Broadfoot has been killed in battle?
7. In what could Flashman's situation in this section be called ironic?
8. How does Flash say the British prevent certain defeat?
9. What does Flash suggest Singh tells the general if they don't agree with his plan?
10. What does Flash learn about Lal Singh in chapter twelve?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Fraser change his representation of history to fit the story? What criticisms can be directed at the author for his version of history?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Flashman's character across the whole series.
1.How does the author develop Flashman's character across the whole series?
2.What new elements does the novel add to Flashman's character?
Essay Topic 3
Why do historians think Singh retreated instead of moving in and defeating the British? What does it say about the difficulties of representing history, and that there are different perspectives rather than one truth?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)