|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character is critical of Flashman's report?
2. Why does Mangla say Flash cannot leave immediately with Dalip?
3. Where does Dalip say he wants to be after six?
4. Why does Flash pass out in this section?
5. What is Van Cortlandt's opinion of Flash?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gardner want Flash to travel with the Khalsa?
2. What does Flash overhear the British officers saying about him?
3. What does flash see from his position on the north bank?
4. What does Flash suggest Singh tells the general if they don't agree with his plan?
5. What is Hardinge disgusted about in this section?
6. What plans does Broadfoot say he has for Flash?
7. What does Goolab alrady know about the treaty?
8. How does Jeendan shock the soldiers in this section?
9. What does Flash think will be the cause of the British defeat?
10. How does Hardinge embarrass Flash in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do people think Flash has achieved? In what way does Flash's own view of himself contradict how the public sees him? How would someone like Flash be represented in the media today?
Essay Topic 2
How does Fraser change his representation of history to fit the story? What criticisms can be directed at the author for his version of history?
Essay Topic 3
What did the treaty say about the relationship between the British and the Punjabis? Why was it such an important treaty, and what difference did it make to the relationship between the British and the Punjabis?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)