|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Khalsa want to murder?
2. How does Flash notify Gardner that they are approaching?
3. Who does Manglas say Jeendan is meeting in this section?
4. Who does Flash decide to try and embarrass in this section?
5. Why does Mangla say Flash cannot leave immediately with Dalip?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Khalsa intend to torture Flashman?
2. What does Flash suggest Singh tells the general if they don't agree with his plan?
3. What events does Flash hear about among the opposition?
4. What does Flash learn about Lal Singh in chapter twelve?
5. What does Flash think will be the cause of the British defeat?
6. How does Hardinge embarrass Flash in this section?
7. What plans does Broadfoot say he has for Flash?
8. Why is Flash relieved to hear Broadfoot has been killed in battle?
9. How does Flash say the British prevent certain defeat?
10. What does Flash overhear the British officers saying about him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what could it be said that Flashman is not necessary the coward he suggests? What does it say about Flashman's characters and the readers perceptive of him that he claims he is a coward?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is Flash similar in character to both Gardner and Jessa? Why do the students think Flash seems to identify with Jessa more? In what way does this highlight Flash's alleged cowardice? What is the purpose of the author seemingly using Gardner and Jessa as reflections of Flashman's own character?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)