|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Broadfoot want Flash to disguise himself as?
2. Where does Jassa take Flash?
3. Where do the British Calvary take Flash?
4. What can Flashman see from the point high above the river?
5. What kind of person does Jeendan say she has always wanted to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lawrence persuade Hardinge that Flash is the right man to escort Dalip?
2. Why is Flash so impressed with Dalip in this section?
3. How does Jeendan shock the soldiers in this section?
4. How does Flash say the British prevent certain defeat?
5. What advice does Flash give Lal Singh in this section?
6. What plans does Lawrence say he has for Flash?
7. What events does Flash hear about among the opposition?
8. What does Lawrence tell Flash the Khalsa's new plans are?
9. How does Flash argue against Lawrence sending him to Lahore?
10. What is Hardinge disgusted about in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Fraser change his representation of history to fit the story? What criticisms can be directed at the author for his version of history?
Essay Topic 2
What is the history of Punjab? How has the area evolved since the 1850s? How accurate is the author's representation of Punjab?
Essay Topic 3
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)