|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cunningham say were mainly to blame for the war?
2. Why does Flash pretend he can't walk?
3. How are thousands of men thrown into the Sutlej river?
4. What had Flashman previously observed at the spot Mangla takes him?
5. Which character does Flash hear has escaped back to Lahore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What events does Flash hear about among the opposition?
2. How does Lawrence persuade Hardinge that Flash is the right man to escort Dalip?
3. Why is Flash relieved to hear Broadfoot has been killed in battle?
4. What does flash see from his position on the north bank?
5. How does Jeendan shock the soldiers in this section?
6. Why does Littler say Flash may be tried and executed?
7. In what could Flashman's situation in this section be called ironic?
8. What are the three mens' plan to get inside the palace?
9. What does Flash overhear the British officers saying about him?
10. How does Flashman plan to get Dalip out of the palace unnoticed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way could it be said that Flashman is an unreliable narrator? In what way does the author take advantage of the unreliable view point and what meaning does this unreliability give the story?
Essay Topic 2
What did the treaty say about the relationship between the British and the Punjabis? Why was it such an important treaty, and what difference did it make to the relationship between the British and the Punjabis?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2.Point of view
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)