|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Broadfoot say he wants to hear more about?
2. Why does Gardner want Flash to enter Lahore during the day?
3. Who is the message from that the young officer reads out for Flash?
4. Who do the Khalsa want to kidnap?
5. Where is Flash shot in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Flashman say Tej Singh withdrew his troops?
2. What is Hardinge disgusted about in this section?
3. What advice does Flash give Lal Singh in this section?
4. Why does Gardner want Flash to travel with the Khalsa?
5. What does Lawrence tell Flash the Khalsa's new plans are?
6. How do the Khalsa intend to torture Flashman?
7. In what could Flashman's situation in this section be called ironic?
8. What does flash see from his position on the north bank?
9. How does Lawrence persuade Hardinge that Flash is the right man to escort Dalip?
10. How does Flash argue against Lawrence sending him to Lahore?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did the treaty say about the relationship between the British and the Punjabis? Why was it such an important treaty, and what difference did it make to the relationship between the British and the Punjabis?
Essay Topic 2
What do people think Flash has achieved? In what way does Flash's own view of himself contradict how the public sees him? How would someone like Flash be represented in the media today?
Essay Topic 3
Why were the British so interested in Lahore? What do the natives think of the British presence in Lahore? In what way did the British presence cause conflict between the natives?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)