|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Gardner have about Jeendan?
2. Where does Dalip say he wants to be after six?
3. Who is the message from that the young officer reads out for Flash?
4. Who do the Khalsa want to murder?
5. What does Flash injure as he escapes the house?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 2
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Why do historians think Singh retreated instead of moving in and defeating the British? What does it say about the difficulties of representing history, and that there are different perspectives rather than one truth?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)