|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Khalsa say they want as their leader?
2. Who does Flash witness an argument between in this section?
3. How does Flash describe Gough's military style?
4. Whose dead body does Flash see in this section?
5. What is Van Cortlandt's opinion of Flash?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Flash argue against Lawrence sending him to Lahore?
2. What does Flash overhear the British officers saying about him?
3. How does Lawrence persuade Hardinge that Flash is the right man to escort Dalip?
4. Why does Littler say Flash may be tried and executed?
5. What plans does Lawrence say he has for Flash?
6. How does Hardinge embarrass Flash in this section?
7. What are the three mens' plan to get inside the palace?
8. How does Jeendan shock the soldiers in this section?
9. Why does Flashman say Tej Singh withdrew his troops?
10. What does flash see from his position on the north bank?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way is Flash similar in character to both Gardner and Jessa? Why do the students think Flash seems to identify with Jessa more? In what way does this highlight Flash's alleged cowardice? What is the purpose of the author seemingly using Gardner and Jessa as reflections of Flashman's own character?
Essay Topic 2
What did the treaty say about the relationship between the British and the Punjabis? Why was it such an important treaty, and what difference did it make to the relationship between the British and the Punjabis?
Essay Topic 3
How does Flashman's reputation for bravery get him into trouble? What would happen to Flashman if he showed his more cowardly traits to his superiors?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)