|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Van Cortlandt's opinion of Flash?
2. Who does Flash think has betrayed him in this section?
3. Where does Jassa take Flash?
4. What is another way to write the name Mangla?
5. Whose death does Gardner say he is sorry to hear about?
Essay Topic 1
Examine Flashman's character across the whole series.
1.How does the author develop Flashman's character across the whole series?
2.What new elements does the novel add to Flashman's character?
Essay Topic 2
Why do historians think Singh retreated instead of moving in and defeating the British? What does it say about the difficulties of representing history, and that there are different perspectives rather than one truth?
Essay Topic 3
Why are the Khalsam such a threat to the British? What would have happened if the Khalsam had defeated the British?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)