|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flash promise to give Dalip once they reach their destination?
2. What is Flash ill with at the beginning of chapter eighteen?
3. Who has Jassa brought a message from?
4. What is the name of Broadfoot's replacement?
5. What kind of person does Jeendan say she has always wanted to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plans does Lawrence say he has for Flash?
2. How does Lawrence persuade Hardinge that Flash is the right man to escort Dalip?
3. What does Flash suggest Singh tells the general if they don't agree with his plan?
4. What does Flash overhear the British officers saying about him?
5. What advice does Flash give Lal Singh in this section?
6. Why is Flash relieved to hear Broadfoot has been killed in battle?
7. How does Flash argue against Lawrence sending him to Lahore?
8. What plans does Broadfoot say he has for Flash?
9. What does Lawrence tell Flash the Khalsa's new plans are?
10. Why is Tej Singh so upset in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did the treaty say about the relationship between the British and the Punjabis? Why was it such an important treaty, and what difference did it make to the relationship between the British and the Punjabis?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Flashman's character across the whole series.
1.How does the author develop Flashman's character across the whole series?
2.What new elements does the novel add to Flashman's character?
Essay Topic 3
Why are the Khalsam such a threat to the British? What would have happened if the Khalsam had defeated the British?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)