|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of person does Jeendan say she has always wanted to marry?
2. Who soldiers does Flash say Singh should order his men to attack?
3. What is a palki?
4. What needs to happen before Goolab takes Dalip back to Lahore?
5. What does Flash compare the stone structure to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jeendan shock the soldiers in this section?
2. Why does Flash decide to stay in his current position?
3. Why does Gardner want Flash to travel with the Khalsa?
4. How does Hardinge embarrass Flash in this section?
5. What advice does Flash give Lal Singh in this section?
6. What plans does Lawrence say he has for Flash?
7. What are the three mens' plan to get inside the palace?
8. What events does Flash hear about among the opposition?
9. How do the Khalsa intend to torture Flashman?
10. Why is Flash so impressed with Dalip in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2.Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Why do historians think Singh retreated instead of moving in and defeating the British? What does it say about the difficulties of representing history, and that there are different perspectives rather than one truth?
Essay Topic 3
How does Fraser change his representation of history to fit the story? What criticisms can be directed at the author for his version of history?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)