|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Khalsa want to murder?
2. What do the Khalsa demand from Jeendan?
3. What character is critical of Flashman's report?
4. What kind of officer spots Flashman just outside of Lahore?
5. What kind of person does Jeendan say she has always wanted to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What events does Flash hear about among the opposition?
2. What plans does Broadfoot say he has for Flash?
3. What does Goolab alrady know about the treaty?
4. What is Hardinge disgusted about in this section?
5. Why is Tej Singh so upset in this section?
6. Why is Flash so impressed with Dalip in this section?
7. How does Flashman plan to get Dalip out of the palace unnoticed?
8. Why does Flashman say Tej Singh withdrew his troops?
9. How do the Khalsa intend to torture Flashman?
10. What does flash see from his position on the north bank?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Why are the Khalsam such a threat to the British? What would have happened if the Khalsam had defeated the British?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the court of Lahore such a dangerous place for Flashman to be? How does he escape the dangers?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)