|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Flash pass out in this section?
2. What character is critical of Flashman's report?
3. Who does Jeendan want Flash to escort to the British?
4. What does George Bruce accuse Hardinge?
5. Who orders the Khalsa forces to retreat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tej Singh so upset in this section?
2. What does Flash suggest Singh tells the general if they don't agree with his plan?
3. What does Goolab alrady know about the treaty?
4. Why does Flash decide to stay in his current position?
5. How does Hardinge embarrass Flash in this section?
6. What plans does Lawrence say he has for Flash?
7. What is Hardinge disgusted about in this section?
8. How does Flash say the British prevent certain defeat?
9. What does Flash learn about Lal Singh in chapter twelve?
10. Why is Flash so impressed with Dalip in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why were the British so interested in Lahore? What do the natives think of the British presence in Lahore? In what way did the British presence cause conflict between the natives?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2.Point of view
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)