|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Khalsa say they want as their leader?
2. Why does Goolab say Jeendan wants Flash to escort her son?
3. Whose dead body does Flash see in this section?
4. Why is Dalip angry in this section?
5. What does Broadfoot want Flash to disguise himself as?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Littler say Flash may be tried and executed?
2. Why is Flash so impressed with Dalip in this section?
3. What advice does Flash give Lal Singh in this section?
4. Why does Gardner want Flash to travel with the Khalsa?
5. Why is Tej Singh so upset in this section?
6. Why is Flash relieved to hear Broadfoot has been killed in battle?
7. How does Jeendan shock the soldiers in this section?
8. What are the three mens' plan to get inside the palace?
9. What does Lawrence tell Flash the Khalsa's new plans are?
10. Why does Flashman say Tej Singh withdrew his troops?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2.Point of view
Essay Topic 3
What is the history of Punjab? How has the area evolved since the 1850s? How accurate is the author's representation of Punjab?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)