|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jeendan want to weaken the Khalsa?
2. What does Broadfoot want Flash to disguise himself as?
3. Where do the British Calvary take Flash?
4. What kind of person does Jeendan say she has always wanted to marry?
5. Who is the message from that the young officer reads out for Flash?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the novel say about Pakistani culture? In what way is it to Indian culture? What is Flashman's views on Pakistan culture?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Flashman's character across the whole series.
1.How does the author develop Flashman's character across the whole series?
2.What new elements does the novel add to Flashman's character?
Essay Topic 3
What do people think Flash has achieved? In what way does Flash's own view of himself contradict how the public sees him? How would someone like Flash be represented in the media today?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)