|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Goolab say Jeendan wants Flash to escort her son?
2. What character is critical of Flashman's report?
3. What is Flashman surprised to learn that Goolab already knows?
4. Where is Flash shot in this section?
5. Who orders the Khalsa forces to retreat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lawrence tell Flash the Khalsa's new plans are?
2. What does flash see from his position on the north bank?
3. What are the three mens' plan to get inside the palace?
4. How does Lawrence persuade Hardinge that Flash is the right man to escort Dalip?
5. How do the Khalsa intend to torture Flashman?
6. In what could Flashman's situation in this section be called ironic?
7. Why does Flashman say Tej Singh withdrew his troops?
8. Why is Tej Singh so upset in this section?
9. What advice does Flash give Lal Singh in this section?
10. What events does Flash hear about among the opposition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why were the British so interested in Lahore? What do the natives think of the British presence in Lahore? In what way did the British presence cause conflict between the natives?
Essay Topic 2
In what could it be said that Flashman is not necessary the coward he suggests? What does it say about Flashman's characters and the readers perceptive of him that he claims he is a coward?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)