|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Khalsa want to murder?
2. What does Flash injure as he escapes the house?
3. Why does Flash pretend he can't walk?
4. Who orders the Khalsa forces to retreat?
5. What is Flash ill with at the beginning of chapter eighteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Flashman say Tej Singh withdrew his troops?
2. What events does Flash hear about among the opposition?
3. What does Flash overhear the British officers saying about him?
4. What does Goolab alrady know about the treaty?
5. How does Flash say the British prevent certain defeat?
6. What plans does Lawrence say he has for Flash?
7. What plans does Broadfoot say he has for Flash?
8. How do the Khalsa intend to torture Flashman?
9. How does Jeendan shock the soldiers in this section?
10. In what could Flashman's situation in this section be called ironic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 2
Why were the British so interested in Lahore? What do the natives think of the British presence in Lahore? In what way did the British presence cause conflict between the natives?
Essay Topic 3
What do people think Flash has achieved? In what way does Flash's own view of himself contradict how the public sees him? How would someone like Flash be represented in the media today?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)