|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose death does Gardner say he is sorry to hear about?
2. Who is hiding Lal Singh?
3. Who does Flash witness an argument between in this section?
4. What is Flashman surprised to learn that Goolab already knows?
5. What city does Flash leave for at the beginning of this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lawrence tell Flash the Khalsa's new plans are?
2. How does Lawrence persuade Hardinge that Flash is the right man to escort Dalip?
3. What plans does Lawrence say he has for Flash?
4. How does Jeendan shock the soldiers in this section?
5. What are the three mens' plan to get inside the palace?
6. What does Flash think will be the cause of the British defeat?
7. What does Flash suggest Singh tells the general if they don't agree with his plan?
8. How does Hardinge embarrass Flash in this section?
9. Why is Tej Singh so upset in this section?
10. How does Flash argue against Lawrence sending him to Lahore?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the court of Lahore such a dangerous place for Flashman to be? How does he escape the dangers?
Essay Topic 2
What do people think Flash has achieved? In what way does Flash's own view of himself contradict how the public sees him? How would someone like Flash be represented in the media today?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)