|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeendan put the Koh-i-noor inside of?
2. What kind of person does Jeendan say she has always wanted to marry?
3. Who is hiding Lal Singh?
4. What does Broadfoot want Flash to disguise himself as?
5. What can Flashman see from the point high above the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plans does Lawrence say he has for Flash?
2. What is Hardinge disgusted about in this section?
3. Why does Gardner want Flash to travel with the Khalsa?
4. What does Flash overhear the British officers saying about him?
5. What does Flash suggest Singh tells the general if they don't agree with his plan?
6. How does Lawrence persuade Hardinge that Flash is the right man to escort Dalip?
7. In what could Flashman's situation in this section be called ironic?
8. How does Jeendan shock the soldiers in this section?
9. How does Hardinge embarrass Flash in this section?
10. What does flash see from his position on the north bank?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do historians think Singh retreated instead of moving in and defeating the British? What does it say about the difficulties of representing history, and that there are different perspectives rather than one truth?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2.Point of view
Essay Topic 3
How does Flashman react to the following people's deaths?
1. Captain Sale.
2. George Broadfoot.
3. Jawaheer Singh
What does his reaction say about his character?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)