|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the British Calvary take Flash?
2. What does Jeendan put the Koh-i-noor inside of?
3. What had Flashman previously observed at the spot Mangla takes him?
4. What will happen to Flash if Gough loses the battle?
5. Who do the Khalsa say they want as their leader?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Flash learn about Lal Singh in chapter twelve?
2. What is Hardinge disgusted about in this section?
3. What plans does Lawrence say he has for Flash?
4. What advice does Flash give Lal Singh in this section?
5. Why does Gardner want Flash to travel with the Khalsa?
6. What does Flash think will be the cause of the British defeat?
7. Why is Flash so impressed with Dalip in this section?
8. How does Lawrence persuade Hardinge that Flash is the right man to escort Dalip?
9. How does Flashman plan to get Dalip out of the palace unnoticed?
10. What are the three mens' plan to get inside the palace?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what could it be said that Flashman is not necessary the coward he suggests? What does it say about Flashman's characters and the readers perceptive of him that he claims he is a coward?
Essay Topic 2
Why is the court of Lahore such a dangerous place for Flashman to be? How does he escape the dangers?
Essay Topic 3
How does Fraser change his representation of history to fit the story? What criticisms can be directed at the author for his version of history?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)