|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gardner want Flash to enter Lahore during the day?
2. How does Flash escape in this section?
3. Why does Hardinge want Flash charged?
4. Who does Flash witness an argument between in this section?
5. Who do the Khalsa say they want as their leader?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hardinge disgusted about in this section?
2. What does Flash learn about Lal Singh in chapter twelve?
3. What events does Flash hear about among the opposition?
4. Why is Flash relieved to hear Broadfoot has been killed in battle?
5. Why does Flashman say Tej Singh withdrew his troops?
6. What are the three mens' plan to get inside the palace?
7. What does Flash think will be the cause of the British defeat?
8. How does Flash argue against Lawrence sending him to Lahore?
9. How does Jeendan shock the soldiers in this section?
10. Why is Tej Singh so upset in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why were the British so interested in Lahore? What do the natives think of the British presence in Lahore? In what way did the British presence cause conflict between the natives?
Essay Topic 2
What did the treaty say about the relationship between the British and the Punjabis? Why was it such an important treaty, and what difference did it make to the relationship between the British and the Punjabis?
Essay Topic 3
In what could it be said that Flashman is not necessary the coward he suggests? What does it say about Flashman's characters and the readers perceptive of him that he claims he is a coward?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)