|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Jassa brought a message from?
2. Who do the Khalsa say they want as their leader?
3. What is is the metal frame in the cellar suspended over?
4. What is the name of Broadfoot's replacement?
5. How does Flash describe Gough's military style?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plans does Broadfoot say he has for Flash?
2. Why does Flash decide to stay in his current position?
3. Why does Littler say Flash may be tried and executed?
4. Why is Flash relieved to hear Broadfoot has been killed in battle?
5. How does Flash argue against Lawrence sending him to Lahore?
6. Why is Flash so impressed with Dalip in this section?
7. Why is Tej Singh so upset in this section?
8. What are the three mens' plan to get inside the palace?
9. What does Flash think will be the cause of the British defeat?
10. What events does Flash hear about among the opposition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2.Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Why do historians think Singh retreated instead of moving in and defeating the British? What does it say about the difficulties of representing history, and that there are different perspectives rather than one truth?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)