|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are burned alongside Jawaheer?
2. What does Dalip do before Flash leaves the room?
3. What kind of animal takes Flash to the meeting?
4. Where does Jeendan move her court to?
5. What does Flash's visitors want after Mangla leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Broadfoot tell Flash about the gold in this section?
2. How does Flash almost get into trouble in this section?
3. Why has the Queen summoned Flash and Elspeth?
4. Who are the two people Flash meets in the house?
5. What does Flash overhear from under the billiard table?
6. Why does Flash think war between the Khalsa and the British is unavoidable?
7. What does Jeendan want Flashman to tell Broadfoot?
8. How does Flash avoid the swordsmen in this section?
9. What does Flash find about his role as a spy in this section?
10. How does Flashman almost die in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what could it be said that Flashman is not necessary the coward he suggests? What does it say about Flashman's characters and the readers perceptive of him that he claims he is a coward?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2.Point of view
Essay Topic 3
What is the history of Punjab? How has the area evolved since the 1850s? How accurate is the author's representation of Punjab?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)