|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What code word should Flash use in an emergency?
2. How is Dalip related to Jawaheer?
3. Who does Goolab kill in this section?
4. Whose leadership does Lal Singh say he admires?
5. What does Khan say they know about Flash?
Short Essay Questions
1. What part does the Koh-i-Noor paly in this section?
2. What does Flashman learn about Jassa in this section?
3. How do the Khalsa soldiers kill Jawaheer?
4. What does Jeendan want Flashman to tell Broadfoot?
5. How does Jeendan persuade the Khalsa that Lal Singh is the best man to lead them?
6. Why has the Queen summoned Flash and Elspeth?
7. Why is Broadfoot worried about sending Flah into Lahore?
8. How does Jeenda react to her brother's death?
9. Why does Gardner say Jawaheer ordered Flashman's assassination?
10. Why do people visit Flash in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do historians think Singh retreated instead of moving in and defeating the British? What does it say about the difficulties of representing history, and that there are different perspectives rather than one truth?
Essay Topic 2
Why were the British so interested in Lahore? What do the natives think of the British presence in Lahore? In what way did the British presence cause conflict between the natives?
Essay Topic 3
What did the treaty say about the relationship between the British and the Punjabis? Why was it such an important treaty, and what difference did it make to the relationship between the British and the Punjabis?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)