|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a wazir?
2. Who are burned alongside Jawaheer?
3. What is Flash's opinion of Sir Harry Gough?
4. Who does Flashman speak to at the beginning of chapter seven?
5. Why is Soochet Singh famous?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Flash almost get into trouble in this section?
2. How does Flashman almost die in this section?
3. What does Broadfoot say will be Flash's real task in Lahore?
4. What does Flash overhear from under the billiard table?
5. What are the differences between the characters of Gardner and Jassa?
6. Why does Flash think war between the Khalsa and the British is unavoidable?
7. How does Jeenda react to her brother's death?
8. How does Flash avoid the swordsmen in this section?
9. Why does Gardner say Jawaheer ordered Flashman's assassination?
10. What does Flash say about Punjab in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Flashman react to the following people's deaths?
1. Captain Sale.
2. George Broadfoot.
3. Jawaheer Singh
What does his reaction say about his character?
Essay Topic 2
What is the history of Punjab? How has the area evolved since the 1850s? How accurate is the author's representation of Punjab?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)