|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who captures Flash in this section?
2. What is Flash's opinion of Sir Harry Gough?
3. What area does Goolab rule?
4. What river does Khan tell Flash the Khalsa are already crossing?
5. What is Maka Khan's rank in the army?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Flash talk to Lal Singh about?
2. Why does Khan decide to torture Flashman?
3. How does Flash avoid the swordsmen in this section?
4. What does Broadfoot tell Flash about the gold in this section?
5. Why has the Queen summoned Flash and Elspeth?
6. What does Maka Khan say he knows about Flashman?
7. Why is Broadfoot worried about sending Flah into Lahore?
8. How does Jeendan persuade the Khalsa that Lal Singh is the best man to lead them?
9. What does Flashman overhear at one of Khlasa's democratic meetings?
10. How does Flashman almost die in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why were the British so interested in Lahore? What do the natives think of the British presence in Lahore? In what way did the British presence cause conflict between the natives?
Essay Topic 2
How does Flashman react to the following people's deaths?
1. Captain Sale.
2. George Broadfoot.
3. Jawaheer Singh
What does his reaction say about his character?
Essay Topic 3
Why do historians think Singh retreated instead of moving in and defeating the British? What does it say about the difficulties of representing history, and that there are different perspectives rather than one truth?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)