|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What river does Khan tell Flash the Khalsa are already crossing?
2. Why does Goolab struggle to follow Flash and Bibi Kalil outside?
3. What does Flashman say he sees for the first time in this section?
4. What language can Elspeth speak well enough to get her through customs?
5. What is Flash's opinion of Sir Harry Gough?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jeenda react to her brother's death?
2. What does Flash find about his role as a spy in this section?
3. What does Flash overhear from under the billiard table?
4. What does Flash say about Punjab in this section?
5. What does Jeendan want Flashman to tell Broadfoot?
6. How does Flash avoid the swordsmen in this section?
7. Why is Flashman grateful the court is moving to Amritsar?
8. What are the differences between the characters of Gardner and Jassa?
9. How do the Khalsa soldiers kill Jawaheer?
10. What does Flashman overhear at one of Khlasa's democratic meetings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Flashman react to the following people's deaths?
1. Captain Sale.
2. George Broadfoot.
3. Jawaheer Singh
What does his reaction say about his character?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Flashman's character across the whole series.
1.How does the author develop Flashman's character across the whole series?
2.What new elements does the novel add to Flashman's character?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)