|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Queen say the nabobs call the diamond?
2. Where does Khan say he plans to torture Flash?
3. What is a wazir?
4. What is Maglas's relationship to Singh?
5. Why does Mrs. Madison say she wants to leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jeendan persuade the Khalsa that Lal Singh is the best man to lead them?
2. What are the differences between the characters of Gardner and Jassa?
3. Why do people visit Flash in this section?
4. How does Flash almost get into trouble in this section?
5. What part does the Koh-i-Noor paly in this section?
6. What does Flash overhear from under the billiard table?
7. Why is Flashman grateful the court is moving to Amritsar?
8. How does Flashman almost die in this section?
9. How do the Khalsa soldiers kill Jawaheer?
10. How does Jeenda react to her brother's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are the Khalsam such a threat to the British? What would have happened if the Khalsam had defeated the British?
Essay Topic 2
What do people think Flash has achieved? In what way does Flash's own view of himself contradict how the public sees him? How would someone like Flash be represented in the media today?
Essay Topic 3
Why were the British so interested in Lahore? What do the natives think of the British presence in Lahore? In what way did the British presence cause conflict between the natives?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)