|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Soochet Singh famous?
2. Why does Mrs. Madison say she wants to leave?
3. What does the Queen say the nabobs call the diamond?
4. What Mangal say she has come to summon Flash to?
5. Who are burned alongside Jawaheer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Flash so impressed with Dalip in this section?
2. What does Goolab alrady know about the treaty?
3. What does Flash overhear the British officers saying about him?
4. In what could Flashman's situation in this section be called ironic?
5. How does Jeendan shock the soldiers in this section?
6. What does Broadfoot say will be Flash's real task in Lahore?
7. Why is Tej Singh so upset in this section?
8. Why has the Queen summoned Flash and Elspeth?
9. Why does the editor think Flash was wrong about Mangla?
10. How does Jeendan persuade the Khalsa that Lal Singh is the best man to lead them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do people think Flash has achieved? In what way does Flash's own view of himself contradict how the public sees him? How would someone like Flash be represented in the media today?
Essay Topic 2
Why do historians think Singh retreated instead of moving in and defeating the British? What does it say about the difficulties of representing history, and that there are different perspectives rather than one truth?
Essay Topic 3
What did the treaty say about the relationship between the British and the Punjabis? Why was it such an important treaty, and what difference did it make to the relationship between the British and the Punjabis?
This section contains 1,326 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)