|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a wazir?
2. Who do the Khalsa say they want to fight?
3. What does Flash talk to Lal Singh about?
4. What does Gardner want to do with Jassa?
5. What river does Khan tell Flash the Khalsa are already crossing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Broadfoot worried about sending Flah into Lahore?
2. What does Broadfoot tell Flash about the gold in this section?
3. Why do people visit Flash in this section?
4. What does Flashman learn about Jassa in this section?
5. How does Flash avoid the swordsmen in this section?
6. What does Flash say about Punjab in this section?
7. Who are the two people Flash meets in the house?
8. How do the Khalsa soldiers kill Jawaheer?
9. What does Flashman overhear at one of Khlasa's democratic meetings?
10. Why does Gardner say Jawaheer ordered Flashman's assassination?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the court of Lahore such a dangerous place for Flashman to be? How does he escape the dangers?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2.Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)