|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flash drink to calm himself down?
2. What kind of accent does the Highlander speak in?
3. What does Flash notice Jeendan is doing when she walks back to the tents?
4. What does Jeendan want Flash to witness?
5. Who is Flash talking to at the beginning of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do people visit Flash in this section?
2. What does Flash find about his role as a spy in this section?
3. What are the differences between the characters of Gardner and Jassa?
4. What does Maka Khan say he knows about Flashman?
5. Why is Broadfoot worried about sending Flah into Lahore?
6. What does Flash overhear from under the billiard table?
7. What part does the Koh-i-Noor paly in this section?
8. How does Jeenda react to her brother's death?
9. What does Jeendan want Flashman to tell Broadfoot?
10. Why has the Queen summoned Flash and Elspeth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Flashman's character across the whole series.
1.How does the author develop Flashman's character across the whole series?
2.What new elements does the novel add to Flashman's character?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
How does Flashman's reputation for bravery get him into trouble? What would happen to Flashman if he showed his more cowardly traits to his superiors?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)