Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flash notice Jawheer is wearing when he helps her down from her elephant?
2. Whose leadership does Lal Singh say he admires?
3. Who does Goolab kill in this section?
4. What name is Alexander Campbell Gardner also known as?
5. What does Flash say inspired this memoir?
Short Essay Questions
1. What events does Flash hear about among the opposition?
2. What does Flash find about his role as a spy in this section?
3. How does Jeendan persuade the Khalsa that Lal Singh is the best man to lead them?
4. Who are the two people Flash meets in the house?
5. Why has the Queen summoned Flash and Elspeth?
6. Why does Gardner want Flash to travel with the Khalsa?
7. Why does Flash decide to stay in his current position?
8. Why does the editor think Flash was wrong about Mangla?
9. What does Broadfoot say will be Flash's real task in Lahore?
10. What compromise do Jeendan and the Khalsa come to in this section?
Essay Topic 1
In what way could it be said that Flashman is an unreliable narrator? In what way does the author take advantage of the unreliable view point and what meaning does this unreliability give the story?
Essay Topic 2
What does the novel say about Pakistani culture? In what way is it to Indian culture? What is Flashman's views on Pakistan culture?
Essay Topic 3
In what could it be said that Flashman is not necessary the coward he suggests? What does it say about Flashman's characters and the readers perceptive of him that he claims he is a coward?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)