|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flash notice Jawheer is wearing when he helps her down from her elephant?
2. Whose leadership does Lal Singh say he admires?
3. Who does Goolab kill in this section?
4. What name is Alexander Campbell Gardner also known as?
5. What does Flash say inspired this memoir?
Short Essay Questions
1. What events does Flash hear about among the opposition?
2. What does Flash find about his role as a spy in this section?
3. How does Jeendan persuade the Khalsa that Lal Singh is the best man to lead them?
4. Who are the two people Flash meets in the house?
5. Why has the Queen summoned Flash and Elspeth?
6. Why does Gardner want Flash to travel with the Khalsa?
7. Why does Flash decide to stay in his current position?
8. Why does the editor think Flash was wrong about Mangla?
9. What does Broadfoot say will be Flash's real task in Lahore?
10. What compromise do Jeendan and the Khalsa come to in this section?
Essay Topic 1
Examine Flashman's character across the whole series.
1.How does the author develop Flashman's character across the whole series?
2.What new elements does the novel add to Flashman's character?
Essay Topic 2
What is the history of Punjab? How has the area evolved since the 1850s? How accurate is the author's representation of Punjab?
Essay Topic 3
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)