|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Broadfoot say wants the gold back?
2. What part of America is Campbell from?
3. What country is Joshiah from?
4. What does Tej Singh give to Flashman as a present?
5. Where do Flash and Dalip take cover when the soldiers attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Flash find about his role as a spy in this section?
2. Why does Gardner say Jawaheer ordered Flashman's assassination?
3. Why do people visit Flash in this section?
4. What does Maka Khan say he knows about Flashman?
5. Why is Flashman grateful the court is moving to Amritsar?
6. Why is Broadfoot worried about sending Flah into Lahore?
7. Why does Flash think war between the Khalsa and the British is unavoidable?
8. What are the differences between the characters of Gardner and Jassa?
9. How does Flash avoid the swordsmen in this section?
10. What does Broadfoot tell Flash about the gold in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
How does Fraser change his representation of history to fit the story? What criticisms can be directed at the author for his version of history?
Essay Topic 3
Why were the British so interested in Lahore? What do the natives think of the British presence in Lahore? In what way did the British presence cause conflict between the natives?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)