|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Flash describe as artless?
2. Where does Jeendan move her court to?
3. What does Jeendan want Flash to tell Broadfoot?
4. Who ordered Flashman's assassination?
5. Why does Goolab struggle to follow Flash and Bibi Kalil outside?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do people visit Flash in this section?
2. Why is Broadfoot worried about sending Flah into Lahore?
3. Why does Khan decide to torture Flashman?
4. How does Flash avoid the swordsmen in this section?
5. What does Broadfoot say will be Flash's real task in Lahore?
6. How does Flashman almost die in this section?
7. Why does Flash think war between the Khalsa and the British is unavoidable?
8. What does Maka Khan say he knows about Flashman?
9. Who are the two people Flash meets in the house?
10. How do the Khalsa soldiers kill Jawaheer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Fraser change his representation of history to fit the story? What criticisms can be directed at the author for his version of history?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Flashman's character across the whole series.
1.How does the author develop Flashman's character across the whole series?
2.What new elements does the novel add to Flashman's character?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the court of Lahore such a dangerous place for Flashman to be? How does he escape the dangers?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)