|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose leadership does Lal Singh say he admires?
2. What does Flash's visitors want after Mangla leaves?
3. Who does the seven-year-old boy say he has come to see?
4. Who does Garner order his men to find?
5. What country does Jassa say he serves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Flashman grateful the court is moving to Amritsar?
2. What does Flash talk to Lal Singh about?
3. What does Flash find about his role as a spy in this section?
4. What does Flash overhear from under the billiard table?
5. What does Maka Khan say he knows about Flashman?
6. Why does Flash think war between the Khalsa and the British is unavoidable?
7. What does Flashman learn about Jassa in this section?
8. How does Jeenda react to her brother's death?
9. Why has the Queen summoned Flash and Elspeth?
10. How does Flashman almost die in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are the Khalsam such a threat to the British? What would have happened if the Khalsam had defeated the British?
Essay Topic 2
In what way could it be said that Flashman is an unreliable narrator? In what way does the author take advantage of the unreliable view point and what meaning does this unreliability give the story?
Essay Topic 3
How does Flashman react to the following people's deaths?
1. Captain Sale.
2. George Broadfoot.
3. Jawaheer Singh
What does his reaction say about his character?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)