|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What code word should Flash use in an emergency?
2. Who is the only person the Khlasa recognize as a leader?
3. What does Flash's visitors want after Mangla leaves?
4. Who does Broadfoot say wants the gold back?
5. What kind of animal takes Flash to the meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plans does Lawrence say he has for Flash?
2. How does Flashman plan to get Dalip out of the palace unnoticed?
3. Why has the Queen summoned Flash and Elspeth?
4. How does Jeenda react to her brother's death?
5. What events does Flash hear about among the opposition?
6. What does Jeendan want Flashman to tell Broadfoot?
7. What plans does Broadfoot say he has for Flash?
8. What part does the Koh-i-Noor paly in this section?
9. How does Flash almost get into trouble in this section?
10. What does Goolab alrady know about the treaty?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 2
What does the novel say about Pakistani culture? In what way is it to Indian culture? What is Flashman's views on Pakistan culture?
Essay Topic 3
Why are the Khalsam such a threat to the British? What would have happened if the Khalsam had defeated the British?
This section contains 1,325 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)