|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Khan say Flash has a reputation for being?
2. What does Flashman say he sees for the first time in this section?
3. Where does Khan say he plans to torture Flash?
4. What does Flash say the Khalsa are as formidable as?
5. What kind of accent does the Highlander speak in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Broadfoot tell Flash about the gold in this section?
2. How does Jeenda react to her brother's death?
3. What does Flash find about his role as a spy in this section?
4. What does Flash talk to Lal Singh about?
5. How does Flash almost get into trouble in this section?
6. What does Broadfoot say will be Flash's real task in Lahore?
7. Why is Broadfoot worried about sending Flah into Lahore?
8. What compromise do Jeendan and the Khalsa come to in this section?
9. What part does the Koh-i-Noor paly in this section?
10. How does Flashman almost die in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Flashman's character across the whole series.
1.How does the author develop Flashman's character across the whole series?
2.What new elements does the novel add to Flashman's character?
Essay Topic 2
How does Flashman react to the following people's deaths?
1. Captain Sale.
2. George Broadfoot.
3. Jawaheer Singh
What does his reaction say about his character?
Essay Topic 3
How does Flashman's reputation for bravery get him into trouble? What would happen to Flashman if he showed his more cowardly traits to his superiors?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)