|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jeendan think Lal Singh will follow her orders?
2. Whose funeral does Flash attend at the beginning of chapter eight?
3. Where does Jeendan move her court to?
4. How is Dalip related to Jawaheer?
5. What does Flash's visitors want after Mangla leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Flash talk to Lal Singh about?
2. What does Flash overhear from under the billiard table?
3. Why does Khan decide to torture Flashman?
4. What part does the Koh-i-Noor paly in this section?
5. What does Flash find about his role as a spy in this section?
6. What does Broadfoot say will be Flash's real task in Lahore?
7. How do the Khalsa soldiers kill Jawaheer?
8. What does Maka Khan say he knows about Flashman?
9. What does Flashman overhear at one of Khlasa's democratic meetings?
10. Why is Broadfoot worried about sending Flah into Lahore?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
In what could it be said that Flashman is not necessary the coward he suggests? What does it say about Flashman's characters and the readers perceptive of him that he claims he is a coward?
Essay Topic 3
What is the history of Punjab? How has the area evolved since the 1850s? How accurate is the author's representation of Punjab?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)