|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are burned alongside Jawaheer?
2. Who does Goolab kill in this section?
3. Where do Mrs. Madison and Flash hide when the men enter the billiard room?
4. What does Jeendan want Flash to tell Broadfoot?
5. Whose funeral does Flash attend at the beginning of chapter eight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Flash talk to Lal Singh about?
2. Why does Khan decide to torture Flashman?
3. How do the Khalsa soldiers kill Jawaheer?
4. Why is Broadfoot worried about sending Flah into Lahore?
5. What does Flash find about his role as a spy in this section?
6. What does Flash say about Punjab in this section?
7. What does Broadfoot say will be Flash's real task in Lahore?
8. What part does the Koh-i-Noor paly in this section?
9. How does Flash almost get into trouble in this section?
10. Why do people visit Flash in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why were the British so interested in Lahore? What do the natives think of the British presence in Lahore? In what way did the British presence cause conflict between the natives?
Essay Topic 2
What is the history of Punjab? How has the area evolved since the 1850s? How accurate is the author's representation of Punjab?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the court of Lahore such a dangerous place for Flashman to be? How does he escape the dangers?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)