|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flash's visitors want after Mangla leaves?
2. What Mangal say she has come to summon Flash to?
3. What does Dalip steal in this section?
4. What does Jeendan order the Khalsa to do?
5. What area does Goolab rule?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Flashman almost die in this section?
2. How does Jeenda react to her brother's death?
3. What does Jeendan want Flashman to tell Broadfoot?
4. What are the differences between the characters of Gardner and Jassa?
5. What does Flash talk to Lal Singh about?
6. What are the traditions of a suttee funeral?
7. How does Flash avoid the swordsmen in this section?
8. Why is Flashman grateful the court is moving to Amritsar?
9. What does Flash find about his role as a spy in this section?
10. What does Flashman learn about Jassa in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Flashman's character across the whole series.
1.How does the author develop Flashman's character across the whole series?
2.What new elements does the novel add to Flashman's character?
Essay Topic 2
What is the history of Punjab? How has the area evolved since the 1850s? How accurate is the author's representation of Punjab?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the court of Lahore such a dangerous place for Flashman to be? How does he escape the dangers?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)