|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeendan say her and Flashman must do before having pleasure?
2. Who does Flash describe as artless?
3. What does Jeendan want Flash to witness?
4. What area does Goolab rule?
5. Who is in possession of the gold?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jeendan want Flashman to tell Broadfoot?
2. What does Flash talk to Lal Singh about?
3. What does Flash say about Punjab in this section?
4. What are the differences between the characters of Gardner and Jassa?
5. How does Jeenda react to her brother's death?
6. Why is Flashman grateful the court is moving to Amritsar?
7. What are the traditions of a suttee funeral?
8. Why does Flash think war between the Khalsa and the British is unavoidable?
9. What does Flashman overhear at one of Khlasa's democratic meetings?
10. What part does the Koh-i-Noor paly in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Flashman's reputation for bravery get him into trouble? What would happen to Flashman if he showed his more cowardly traits to his superiors?
Essay Topic 2
What did the treaty say about the relationship between the British and the Punjabis? Why was it such an important treaty, and what difference did it make to the relationship between the British and the Punjabis?
Essay Topic 3
What does the novel say about Pakistani culture? In what way is it to Indian culture? What is Flashman's views on Pakistan culture?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)