|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Mangal say she has come to summon Flash to?
2. What name does Gardner know Jassa as?
3. What does Gardner want to do with Jassa?
4. What does Tej Singh give to Flashman as a present?
5. Who do the Khalsa say they want to fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Flash find about his role as a spy in this section?
2. What are the differences between the characters of Gardner and Jassa?
3. Why has the Queen summoned Flash and Elspeth?
4. How does Flashman almost die in this section?
5. What part does the Koh-i-Noor paly in this section?
6. How does Jeenda react to her brother's death?
7. How do the Khalsa soldiers kill Jawaheer?
8. What does Maka Khan say he knows about Flashman?
9. What does Broadfoot tell Flash about the gold in this section?
10. Who are the two people Flash meets in the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do people think Flash has achieved? In what way does Flash's own view of himself contradict how the public sees him? How would someone like Flash be represented in the media today?
Essay Topic 2
What is the history of Punjab? How has the area evolved since the 1850s? How accurate is the author's representation of Punjab?
Essay Topic 3
Why do historians think Singh retreated instead of moving in and defeating the British? What does it say about the difficulties of representing history, and that there are different perspectives rather than one truth?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)