|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flash notice Jeendan is doing when she walks back to the tents?
2. What river does Khan tell Flash the Khalsa are already crossing?
3. What does Flashman say he sees for the first time in this section?
4. What code word should Flash use in an emergency?
5. What kind of message does Flash write for Broadfoot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Flash overhear from under the billiard table?
2. Why does Khan decide to torture Flashman?
3. What does Broadfoot say will be Flash's real task in Lahore?
4. What are the differences between the characters of Gardner and Jassa?
5. How does Flash avoid the swordsmen in this section?
6. What does Maka Khan say he knows about Flashman?
7. Why do people visit Flash in this section?
8. How does Flash almost get into trouble in this section?
9. What compromise do Jeendan and the Khalsa come to in this section?
10. What does Flash find about his role as a spy in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what could it be said that Flashman is not necessary the coward he suggests? What does it say about Flashman's characters and the readers perceptive of him that he claims he is a coward?
Essay Topic 2
Why were the British so interested in Lahore? What do the natives think of the British presence in Lahore? In what way did the British presence cause conflict between the natives?
Essay Topic 3
What does the novel say about Pakistani culture? In what way is it to Indian culture? What is Flashman's views on Pakistan culture?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)