|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Khan say Flash has a reputation for being?
2. What does Flash drink to calm himself down?
3. Who does Broadfoot say wants the gold back?
4. Who does Garner order his men to find?
5. What is Flash's opinion of Sir Harry Gough?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the differences between the characters of Gardner and Jassa?
2. How does Jeenda react to her brother's death?
3. What does Flash overhear from under the billiard table?
4. What does Flash find about his role as a spy in this section?
5. What does Flashman learn about Jassa in this section?
6. How does Flash almost get into trouble in this section?
7. How does Jeendan persuade the Khalsa that Lal Singh is the best man to lead them?
8. What does Broadfoot tell Flash about the gold in this section?
9. Why do people visit Flash in this section?
10. What does Flashman overhear at one of Khlasa's democratic meetings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Why were the British so interested in Lahore? What do the natives think of the British presence in Lahore? In what way did the British presence cause conflict between the natives?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)