|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dalip playing with in his room?
2. What does Flash drink to calm himself down?
3. What does Jeendan order the Khalsa to do?
4. Where do Mrs. Madison and Flash hide when the men enter the billiard room?
5. What does Dalip do before Flash leaves the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Flash think war between the Khalsa and the British is unavoidable?
2. What does Broadfoot say will be Flash's real task in Lahore?
3. What does Flashman overhear at one of Khlasa's democratic meetings?
4. Why is Flashman grateful the court is moving to Amritsar?
5. How does Flash avoid the swordsmen in this section?
6. How does Jeendan persuade the Khalsa that Lal Singh is the best man to lead them?
7. How does Jeenda react to her brother's death?
8. Why does Khan decide to torture Flashman?
9. How do the Khalsa soldiers kill Jawaheer?
10. What are the traditions of a suttee funeral?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
What did the treaty say about the relationship between the British and the Punjabis? Why was it such an important treaty, and what difference did it make to the relationship between the British and the Punjabis?
Essay Topic 3
In what could it be said that Flashman is not necessary the coward he suggests? What does it say about Flashman's characters and the readers perceptive of him that he claims he is a coward?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)