|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the message tell Flash to go to?
2. Why does Jeendan think Lal Singh will follow her orders?
3. What does Broadfoot say the British came out of Afghanistan like?
4. What has someone rigged to fall and crush Flashman?
5. What name is Alexander Campbell Gardner also known as?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Broadfoot worried about sending Flah into Lahore?
2. Why has the Queen summoned Flash and Elspeth?
3. How does Flashman almost die in this section?
4. What does Broadfoot tell Flash about the gold in this section?
5. Why do people visit Flash in this section?
6. What does Flash talk to Lal Singh about?
7. Why does Khan decide to torture Flashman?
8. What does Flashman overhear at one of Khlasa's democratic meetings?
9. What compromise do Jeendan and the Khalsa come to in this section?
10. How does Flash avoid the swordsmen in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Flashman's character across the whole series.
1.How does the author develop Flashman's character across the whole series?
2.What new elements does the novel add to Flashman's character?
Essay Topic 2
How does Flashman's reputation for bravery get him into trouble? What would happen to Flashman if he showed his more cowardly traits to his superiors?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)