|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flash talk to Lal Singh about?
2. Where does Jeendan move her court to?
3. Who does Flash find in his bed at the end of this section?
4. Where does Khan say he plans to torture Flash?
5. Where does Jeenden say the Khalsa should disperse and wait another season?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does flash see from his position on the north bank?
2. What does Flash talk to Lal Singh about?
3. How does Jeendan shock the soldiers in this section?
4. Why does Flash think war between the Khalsa and the British is unavoidable?
5. What does Broadfoot say will be Flash's real task in Lahore?
6. What part does the Koh-i-Noor paly in this section?
7. How does Jeendan persuade the Khalsa that Lal Singh is the best man to lead them?
8. Why is Flash so impressed with Dalip in this section?
9. What does Flash overhear from under the billiard table?
10. Why do people visit Flash in this section?
Essay Topic 1
In what way is Flash similar in character to both Gardner and Jessa? Why do the students think Flash seems to identify with Jessa more? In what way does this highlight Flash's alleged cowardice? What is the purpose of the author seemingly using Gardner and Jessa as reflections of Flashman's own character?
Essay Topic 2
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
How does Fraser change his representation of history to fit the story? What criticisms can be directed at the author for his version of history?
This section contains 1,416 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)