|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeendan order the Khalsa to do?
2. Who does Broadfoot say wants the gold back?
3. What does Flash say the Khalsa are as formidable as?
4. What does Flash say inspired this memoir?
5. Who is Flash talking to at the beginning of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Broadfoot worried about sending Flah into Lahore?
2. What compromise do Jeendan and the Khalsa come to in this section?
3. What part does the Koh-i-Noor paly in this section?
4. What does Flashman learn about Jassa in this section?
5. What are the traditions of a suttee funeral?
6. What does Broadfoot tell Flash about the gold in this section?
7. Why does Khan decide to torture Flashman?
8. What does Flashman overhear at one of Khlasa's democratic meetings?
9. How does Jeendan persuade the Khalsa that Lal Singh is the best man to lead them?
10. Why is Flashman grateful the court is moving to Amritsar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Fraser change his representation of history to fit the story? What criticisms can be directed at the author for his version of history?
Essay Topic 2
What did the treaty say about the relationship between the British and the Punjabis? Why was it such an important treaty, and what difference did it make to the relationship between the British and the Punjabis?
Essay Topic 3
In what could it be said that Flashman is not necessary the coward he suggests? What does it say about Flashman's characters and the readers perceptive of him that he claims he is a coward?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)