|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of message does Flash write for Broadfoot?
2. What is the seven-year-old boy holding?
3. Whose funeral does Flash attend at the beginning of chapter eight?
4. What kind of accent does the Highlander speak in?
5. What part of America is Campbell from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Littler say Flash may be tried and executed?
2. Why is Flash relieved to hear Broadfoot has been killed in battle?
3. What are the differences between the characters of Gardner and Jassa?
4. Why is Tej Singh so upset in this section?
5. Why does the author include editorial notes at the end of the novel?
6. Why does Flash think war between the Khalsa and the British is unavoidable?
7. What does Jeendan want Flashman to tell Broadfoot?
8. Why does Gardner want Flash to travel with the Khalsa?
9. How does Flash get Hardinge back?
10. What does Flashman overhear at one of Khlasa's democratic meetings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2.Point of view
Essay Topic 2
How does Fraser change his representation of history to fit the story? What criticisms can be directed at the author for his version of history?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
This section contains 1,240 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)