|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jeendan move her court to?
2. Who does Flash describe as artless?
3. What does the Queen say the nabobs call the diamond?
4. Whose leadership does Lal Singh say he admires?
5. What does Flash notice Jawheer is wearing when he helps her down from her elephant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jeendan want Flashman to tell Broadfoot?
2. Why does Flash think war between the Khalsa and the British is unavoidable?
3. What does Flash talk to Lal Singh about?
4. Why is Broadfoot worried about sending Flah into Lahore?
5. Why does Gardner say Jawaheer ordered Flashman's assassination?
6. What part does the Koh-i-Noor paly in this section?
7. How does Flash almost get into trouble in this section?
8. What does Flashman learn about Jassa in this section?
9. What does Flash overhear from under the billiard table?
10. Why has the Queen summoned Flash and Elspeth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are the Khalsam such a threat to the British? What would have happened if the Khalsam had defeated the British?
Essay Topic 2
Why do historians think Singh retreated instead of moving in and defeating the British? What does it say about the difficulties of representing history, and that there are different perspectives rather than one truth?
Essay Topic 3
In what way is Flash similar in character to both Gardner and Jessa? Why do the students think Flash seems to identify with Jessa more? In what way does this highlight Flash's alleged cowardice? What is the purpose of the author seemingly using Gardner and Jessa as reflections of Flashman's own character?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)