|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeendan say her and Flashman must do before having pleasure?
2. What is Flash's opinion of Sir Harry Gough?
3. What has someone rigged to fall and crush Flashman?
4. What city does Flash travel to in this section?
5. Who are the royal family meeting with in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Flash say about Punjab in this section?
2. Why does Flash think war between the Khalsa and the British is unavoidable?
3. Why is Flashman grateful the court is moving to Amritsar?
4. How does Jeenda react to her brother's death?
5. Why is Broadfoot worried about sending Flah into Lahore?
6. Why has the Queen summoned Flash and Elspeth?
7. What does Jeendan want Flashman to tell Broadfoot?
8. Who are the two people Flash meets in the house?
9. What does Maka Khan say he knows about Flashman?
10. Why does Gardner say Jawaheer ordered Flashman's assassination?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do people think Flash has achieved? In what way does Flash's own view of himself contradict how the public sees him? How would someone like Flash be represented in the media today?
Essay Topic 2
How does Flashman's reputation for bravery get him into trouble? What would happen to Flashman if he showed his more cowardly traits to his superiors?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the court of Lahore such a dangerous place for Flashman to be? How does he escape the dangers?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)