|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Flash ill with at the beginning of chapter eighteen?
(b) The flu.
2. What kind of officer spots Flashman just outside of Lahore?
(a) A Gorrachara officer.
(b) A Khalsa officer.
(c) A Highlander officer.
(d) A Gardner officer.
3. What does Flash think is the only way the British can defeat the Khalsa?
(a) By waiting for the winter.
(b) By killing their leader.
(c) By dividing them.
(d) By bringing in more soldiers.
4. What does Broadfoot say he wants to hear more about?
(d) Flash's women.
5. Where is Flash as the battle rages?
(a) A hut.
(b) A bomb shelter.
(c) A brothel.
(d) A basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Jassa brought a message from?
2. What does Broadfoot say Flash must pretend the next day?
3. Why is Dalip angry in this section?
4. What is Van Cortlandt's opinion of Flash?
5. What character does Flash claim is more of a coward than himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Flash so impressed with Dalip in this section?
2. Why does Flash decide to stay in his current position?
3. How does Lawrence persuade Hardinge that Flash is the right man to escort Dalip?
4. Why is Tej Singh so upset in this section?
5. How does Hardinge embarrass Flash in this section?
6. How does Flashman plan to get Dalip out of the palace unnoticed?
7. In what could Flashman's situation in this section be called ironic?
8. What are the three mens' plan to get inside the palace?
9. How does Flash argue against Lawrence sending him to Lahore?
10. What does Flash overhear the British officers saying about him?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)