|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Flash notify Gardner that they are approaching?
(a) He makes animal noises.
(b) He fires a pistol.
(c) He lights a flare.
(d) He lights a fire.
2. What does Flash promise to give Dalip once they reach their destination?
(a) A book.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A tomahawk.
3. What had Flashman previously observed at the spot Mangla takes him?
(a) A dance.
(b) A durbar session.
(c) A wiza session.
(d) A funeral.
4. What do the Khalsa demand from Jeendan?
5. How does Lawrence claim Jeendan was taken out of court?
(a) Dragged by her hair.
(b) Pulled by her ear.
(c) Pulled by her foot.
(d) Dragged by her toes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flash begin shouting in the hope a passerby will hear him?
2. What will happen to Flash if Gough loses the battle?
3. What does Flash compare the stone structure to?
4. What does Jassa demand from Flash?
5. Where is Flash shot in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Flash decide to stay in his current position?
2. How does Flash argue against Lawrence sending him to Lahore?
3. How does Flashman plan to get Dalip out of the palace unnoticed?
4. How does Lawrence persuade Hardinge that Flash is the right man to escort Dalip?
5. How do the Khalsa intend to torture Flashman?
6. Why does Gardner want Flash to travel with the Khalsa?
7. What plans does Lawrence say he has for Flash?
8. How does Hardinge embarrass Flash in this section?
9. What are the three mens' plan to get inside the palace?
10. Why does Flashman say Tej Singh withdrew his troops?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)