|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mangla say Flash cannot leave immediately with Dalip?
(a) Dalip wants to see his father.
(b) Jeendan wants to see him.
(c) The Khalsa have surrounded the palace.
(d) Dalip is ill.
2. What is Van Cortlandt's opinion of Flash?
(a) He has hidden depths.
(b) He is brave and brilliant.
(c) He is a womanizing drunk.
(d) He is a cowardly ass.
3. Where does Flash say the fate of India is decided?
4. Why does Flash say he will never return to Lahore?
(a) Jeendan has taken an interest in him.
(b) Dalip has put a death warrant on his head.
(c) He is wanted for murder.
(d) It is a hell hole.
5. Who orders the Khalsa forces to retreat?
(d) Tej Singh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the British Calvary take Flash?
2. Why does Lawrence want Flash to meet Goolab?
3. Why does Jeendan want to weaken the Khalsa?
4. What had Flashman previously observed at the spot Mangla takes him?
5. Who does Flash say they should return the Koh-i-Noor to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gardner want Flash to travel with the Khalsa?
2. How does Flash say the British prevent certain defeat?
3. How does Flash argue against Lawrence sending him to Lahore?
4. Why does Flash decide to stay in his current position?
5. How do the Khalsa intend to torture Flashman?
6. What does Lawrence tell Flash the Khalsa's new plans are?
7. Why does Littler say Flash may be tried and executed?
8. What events does Flash hear about among the opposition?
9. How does Lawrence persuade Hardinge that Flash is the right man to escort Dalip?
10. What does Flash overhear the British officers saying about him?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)