|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who soldiers does Flash say Singh should order his men to attack?
2. What does Flash begin shouting in the hope a passerby will hear him?
(a) Titles of his favorite songs.
(b) His wife's name.
(c) His own name.
(d) The British national anthem.
3. What does Gardner suggest Flash disguises himself as?
(a) A Kahalsa soldier.
(b) A slave.
(c) A court jester.
(d) A priest.
4. How did newspaper reports claim Flash escaped?
(a) While under fire.
(b) On the back of a tiger.
(c) With a harem of women.
(d) Disguised as Queen Victoria.
5. Why does Mangla say Flash cannot leave immediately with Dalip?
(a) Jeendan wants to see him.
(b) Dalip is ill.
(c) Dalip wants to see his father.
(d) The Khalsa have surrounded the palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Van Cortlandt's rank?
2. Why does Lawrence want Flash to meet Goolab?
3. What is the name of Broadfoot's replacement?
4. What does Broadfoot say Flash must pretend the next day?
5. Where does Dalip say he wants to be after six?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Flash overhear the British officers saying about him?
2. How does Flash argue against Lawrence sending him to Lahore?
3. How does Flashman plan to get Dalip out of the palace unnoticed?
4. Why does Flashman say Tej Singh withdrew his troops?
5. How does Hardinge embarrass Flash in this section?
6. Why does Littler say Flash may be tried and executed?
7. What are the three mens' plan to get inside the palace?
8. How do the Khalsa intend to torture Flashman?
9. What does Lawrence tell Flash the Khalsa's new plans are?
10. In what could Flashman's situation in this section be called ironic?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)