|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What needs to happen before Goolab takes Dalip back to Lahore?
(a) Flash needs to admit he is a coward.
(b) A treaty needs to be signed.
(c) Flash needs to apologize.
(d) Jeenan has to be murdered.
2. What does Flash injure as he escapes the house?
(a) His ankle.
(b) His hand.
(c) His leg.
(d) His shoulder.
3. Why is Flash partly relieved that Broadfoot has died?
(a) He can start being himself.
(b) He can go off with his wife.
(c) He won't have to return to Lahore.
(d) He won't have to pay him back his money.
4. What does Flash think is the only way the British can defeat the Khalsa?
(a) By bringing in more soldiers.
(b) By dividing them.
(c) By killing their leader.
(d) By waiting for the winter.
5. What will happen to Flash if Gough loses the battle?
(a) He will be tried.
(b) He will be left in the desert.
(c) He will receive a knighthood.
(d) He wil be banished from Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flash compare the stone structure to?
2. Why does Gardner want Flash to enter Lahore during the day?
3. What is Flash ill with at the beginning of chapter eighteen?
4. What does Broadfoot say he wants to hear more about?
5. Where does Jassa take Flash?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Flash overhear the British officers saying about him?
2. What advice does Flash give Lal Singh in this section?
3. Why does Littler say Flash may be tried and executed?
4. How does Flash argue against Lawrence sending him to Lahore?
5. In what could Flashman's situation in this section be called ironic?
6. Why does Flashman say Tej Singh withdrew his troops?
7. How does Flashman plan to get Dalip out of the palace unnoticed?
8. Why does Flash decide to stay in his current position?
9. What plans does Lawrence say he has for Flash?
10. What are the three mens' plan to get inside the palace?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)