|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Goolab struggle to follow Flash and Bibi Kalil outside?
(a) He has a bad foot.
(b) He has been shot in the leg.
(c) He is very old.
(d) He has a headache.
2. What has someone rigged to fall and crush Flashman?
(a) A tower.
(b) A chandelier.
(c) The ceiling.
(d) A statue.
3. Who are burned alongside Jawaheer?
(a) Two criminals.
(b) His children.
(c) His widows and slave girls.
(d) His killers.
4. Where does the message tell Flash to go to?
(a) The British soldier's Christmas party.
(b) The Punjab coronation.
(c) The French Soldier's caberet.
(d) The American embassy.
5. What does Flash's visitors want after Mangla leaves?
(a) The silver.
(b) The gold.
(c) The statue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person the Khlasa recognize as a leader?
2. What country does Jassa say he serves?
3. Where does Broadfoot say he will leave Flash the codes?
4. What does Flash notice Jawheer is wearing when he helps her down from her elephant?
5. Who is in possession of the gold?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the two people Flash meets in the house?
2. What compromise do Jeendan and the Khalsa come to in this section?
3. How does Flash avoid the swordsmen in this section?
4. What does Flash say about Punjab in this section?
5. How does Flash almost get into trouble in this section?
6. What does Flashman overhear at one of Khlasa's democratic meetings?
7. Why is Flashman grateful the court is moving to Amritsar?
8. How does Jeenda react to her brother's death?
9. What does Broadfoot tell Flash about the gold in this section?
10. What does Broadfoot say will be Flash's real task in Lahore?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)