|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose funeral does Flash attend at the beginning of chapter eight?
2. What does Queen Victoria want Flash and Elspeth's advice about?
(a) Her son's wedding.
(b) The coronation.
(c) Her daughter's wedding.
(d) The Jubilee.
3. Who does Flashman speak to at the beginning of chapter seven?
4. Where do Jeenden and Flash go for sex?
(a) The Master Bedrooom.
(b) Behind a statue.
(c) Under a table.
(d) Behind a curtain.
5. What does Flashman say he sees for the first time in this section?
(a) The Joo-ru-Nah.
(b) The Koh-i-Noor.
(c) The Taj Mahal.
(d) The Elephant Caves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gardner want to do with Jassa?
2. What name does Gardner know Jassa as?
3. What name is Alexander Campbell Gardner also known as?
4. Who does Goolab kill in this section?
5. Who are burned alongside Jawaheer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Broadfoot say will be Flash's real task in Lahore?
2. How does Jeenda react to her brother's death?
3. What does Flash find about his role as a spy in this section?
4. How does Flashman almost die in this section?
5. Why is Broadfoot worried about sending Flah into Lahore?
6. What are the traditions of a suttee funeral?
7. What does Flashman learn about Jassa in this section?
8. How do the Khalsa soldiers kill Jawaheer?
9. Why does Gardner say Jawaheer ordered Flashman's assassination?
10. What does Flash say about Punjab in this section?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)