|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river does Khan tell Flash the Khalsa are already crossing?
(a) The Sutlej River.
(b) The Mississippi River.
(c) The Gange River.
(d) The Thames River.
2. Why does Khan think Flash is faking cowardice?
(a) To escape.
(b) For a joke.
(c) To confuse the enemy.
(d) To postpone his punishment.
3. Who is the only person the Khlasa recognize as a leader?
(b) Dalip Singh.
(c) Peshora Singh.
4. Who does Flash describe as artless?
(c) Queen Victoria.
5. Who do the Khalsa kill in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Flash talking to at the beginning of the novel?
2. What Mangal say she has come to summon Flash to?
3. What does Tej Singh give to Flashman as a present?
4. Where does Broadfoot say he will leave Flash the codes?
5. What language can Elspeth speak well enough to get her through customs?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what could Flashman's situation in this section be called ironic?
2. What does flash see from his position on the north bank?
3. What are the differences between the characters of Gardner and Jassa?
4. What part does the Koh-i-Noor paly in this section?
5. Why does Littler say Flash may be tried and executed?
6. What advice does Flash give Lal Singh in this section?
7. How does Jeendan shock the soldiers in this section?
8. How does Flash avoid the swordsmen in this section?
9. How does Jeenda react to her brother's death?
10. Why does Flashman say Tej Singh withdrew his troops?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)