|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What berry does Flash compare the Queen's eyes to?
(a) A blackberry.
(b) A raspberry.
(c) A gooseberry.
(d) A strawberry.
2. What does Flashman say he sees for the first time in this section?
(a) The Elephant Caves.
(b) The Joo-ru-Nah.
(c) The Taj Mahal.
(d) The Koh-i-Noor.
3. What is the seven-year-old boy holding?
(a) A toy sword.
(b) A teddybear.
(c) A plastic knife.
(d) A water pistol.
4. What does Flash talk to Lal Singh about?
5. Why does Jeendan think Lal Singh will follow her orders?
(a) He is in love with her.
(b) He wants an easy life.
(c) He is weak.
(d) He has no ambition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language can Elspeth speak well enough to get her through customs?
2. What is Dalip playing with in his room?
3. What is a wazir?
4. Where do Flash and Dalip take cover when the soldiers attack?
5. Why does Mrs. Madison say she wants to leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the traditions of a suttee funeral?
2. Why does Gardner say Jawaheer ordered Flashman's assassination?
3. What does Broadfoot say will be Flash's real task in Lahore?
4. Who are the two people Flash meets in the house?
5. What does Broadfoot tell Flash about the gold in this section?
6. How does Flash almost get into trouble in this section?
7. What are the differences between the characters of Gardner and Jassa?
8. What does Flash find about his role as a spy in this section?
9. Why does Khan decide to torture Flashman?
10. What does Maka Khan say he knows about Flashman?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)