|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the message tell Flash to go to?
(a) The Punjab coronation.
(b) The American embassy.
(c) The French Soldier's caberet.
(d) The British soldier's Christmas party.
2. What area does Goolab rule?
3. What does Flashman say he sees for the first time in this section?
(a) The Joo-ru-Nah.
(b) The Koh-i-Noor.
(c) The Taj Mahal.
(d) The Elephant Caves.
4. What does the Queen say the nabobs call the diamond?
(a) The Fountain of Youth.
(b) The Sparkling Fool.
(c) The Mountain of Light.
(d) Die Hard.
5. Where does Jeenden say the Khalsa should disperse and wait another season?
(a) South Asia.
(b) The countryside.
(c) The city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose funeral does Flash attend at the beginning of chapter eight?
2. What name is Alexander Campbell Gardner also known as?
3. Where do Flash and Dalip take cover when the soldiers attack?
4. What language can Elspeth speak well enough to get her through customs?
5. What name does Gardner know Jassa as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What compromise do Jeendan and the Khalsa come to in this section?
2. Why does Khan decide to torture Flashman?
3. How does Flashman almost die in this section?
4. How does Jeenda react to her brother's death?
5. Why does Gardner say Jawaheer ordered Flashman's assassination?
6. What does Jeendan want Flashman to tell Broadfoot?
7. Why is Broadfoot worried about sending Flah into Lahore?
8. What are the differences between the characters of Gardner and Jassa?
9. What does Broadfoot say will be Flash's real task in Lahore?
10. What part does the Koh-i-Noor paly in this section?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)