|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Flash talking to at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Queen Elizabeth II.
(b) King George.
(c) Queen Victoria.
(d) The Prince of Wales.
2. What does Tej Singh give to Flashman as a present?
(a) A silk robe.
(b) A silver necklace.
(c) A gold ring.
(d) A diamond.
3. What city does Flash travel to in this section?
4. Who does Broadfoot say wants the gold back?
(a) The Klukos.
(b) The East India Company.
(c) The Punjabi government.
(d) The Underground Railroad.
5. Who are burned alongside Jawaheer?
(a) Two criminals.
(b) His children.
(c) His widows and slave girls.
(d) His killers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the seven-year-old boy say he has come to see?
2. Who does Flashman speak to at the beginning of chapter seven?
3. Who does Jeedan want to name as wazir?
4. What is Flash trying to pose as when he dresses in his best clothes?
5. Why does Mrs. Madison say she wants to leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Broadfoot worried about sending Flah into Lahore?
2. What does Jeendan want Flashman to tell Broadfoot?
3. How does Flash avoid the swordsmen in this section?
4. What does Broadfoot say will be Flash's real task in Lahore?
5. What part does the Koh-i-Noor paly in this section?
6. Why does Khan decide to torture Flashman?
7. What does Flash find about his role as a spy in this section?
8. How does Jeendan persuade the Khalsa that Lal Singh is the best man to lead them?
9. What does Maka Khan say he knows about Flashman?
10. Why has the Queen summoned Flash and Elspeth?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)