|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Flash see next to his bed?
(a) The bible.
(b) The Koran.
(c) The Castle.
(d) The Divine Comedy.
2. Where does Jeenden say the Khalsa should disperse and wait another season?
(a) The city.
(b) The countryside.
(d) South Asia.
3. What does Queen Victoria want Flash and Elspeth's advice about?
(a) Her son's wedding.
(b) Her daughter's wedding.
(c) The coronation.
(d) The Jubilee.
4. Who captures Flash in this section?
(a) Khalsa soldiers.
(b) Rebel soldiers.
(d) British soldiers.
5. Where does Khan say he plans to torture Flash?
(a) The garden.
(b) The attic.
(c) The dungeon.
(d) The cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Flash trying to pose as when he dresses in his best clothes?
2. What code word should Flash use in an emergency?
3. Who does Flash describe as artless?
4. Who is Flash talking to at the beginning of the novel?
5. Where does the message tell Flash to go to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Flash almost get into trouble in this section?
2. What does Flash overhear from under the billiard table?
3. How does Flash avoid the swordsmen in this section?
4. Why is Broadfoot worried about sending Flah into Lahore?
5. What does Flash find about his role as a spy in this section?
6. Why does Khan decide to torture Flashman?
7. What does Broadfoot tell Flash about the gold in this section?
8. What are the differences between the characters of Gardner and Jassa?
9. How does Jeendan persuade the Khalsa that Lal Singh is the best man to lead them?
10. Who are the two people Flash meets in the house?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)