|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Flash talking to at the beginning of the novel?
(a) King George.
(b) Queen Victoria.
(c) Queen Elizabeth II.
(d) The Prince of Wales.
2. Who do the Khalsa kill in this section?
3. What does Khan say they know about Flash?
(a) He is a coward.
(b) He is British.
(c) He is a spy.
(d) He is a womanizer.
4. What does Flashman say he sees for the first time in this section?
(a) The Koh-i-Noor.
(b) The Joo-ru-Nah.
(c) The Elephant Caves.
(d) The Taj Mahal.
5. What does Khan say Flash has a reputation for being?
(a) A loyalist.
(c) A joker.
(d) A coward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Mangal say she has come to summon Flash to?
2. What country invented crytography?
3. Who does Flash describe as artless?
4. Where does the message tell Flash to go to?
5. Where does Broadfoot say he will leave Flash the codes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What compromise do Jeendan and the Khalsa come to in this section?
2. Why has the Queen summoned Flash and Elspeth?
3. What does Flashman overhear at one of Khlasa's democratic meetings?
4. How does Flash almost get into trouble in this section?
5. What does Flash find about his role as a spy in this section?
6. What does Flash overhear from under the billiard table?
7. How does Jeenda react to her brother's death?
8. What part does the Koh-i-Noor paly in this section?
9. What does Broadfoot say will be Flash's real task in Lahore?
10. What are the differences between the characters of Gardner and Jassa?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)