Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flash notice Jawheer is wearing when he helps her down from her elephant?
(a) A wedding ring.
(b) A british medal.
(c) The Koh-i-noor.
(d) A gold neclace.
2. Whose leadership does Lal Singh say he admires?
(a) Oliver Cromwell's.
(b) Harry Flashman's.
(c) Sir Hugh Gough's.
3. Who does Goolab kill in this section?
(a) A servant.
(b) A Khalsa soldier.
(c) An American tourist.
(d) A British soldier.
4. What name is Alexander Campbell Gardner also known as?
(a) Adip Kalsa.
(b) Sachin Tendulkar.
(c) Gurdana Khan.
(d) Vijay Singh.
5. What does Flash say inspired this memoir?
(a) His visit to the Queen.
(b) His wife's nagging.
(c) A rodeo show.
(d) A poor rendition of the same story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gough say told him about the young Flashman?
2. Who is Flash talking to at the beginning of the novel?
3. Who does Jeedan want to name as wazir?
4. What kind of message does Flash write for Broadfoot?
5. What does Jeendan want Flash to tell Broadfoot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What events does Flash hear about among the opposition?
2. What does Flash find about his role as a spy in this section?
3. How does Jeendan persuade the Khalsa that Lal Singh is the best man to lead them?
4. Who are the two people Flash meets in the house?
5. Why has the Queen summoned Flash and Elspeth?
6. Why does Gardner want Flash to travel with the Khalsa?
7. Why does Flash decide to stay in his current position?
8. Why does the editor think Flash was wrong about Mangla?
9. What does Broadfoot say will be Flash's real task in Lahore?
10. What compromise do Jeendan and the Khalsa come to in this section?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)