|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Mangal say she has come to summon Flash to?
(a) A royal audience.
(b) A military audience.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) A theater production.
2. What does Flashman say he sees for the first time in this section?
(a) The Taj Mahal.
(b) The Elephant Caves.
(c) The Joo-ru-Nah.
(d) The Koh-i-Noor.
3. What kind of message does Flash write for Broadfoot?
(a) A coded message.
(b) A telegram message.
(c) A twitter message.
(d) A poetic message.
4. Who are the royal family meeting with in this section?
(c) The Khalsa.
(d) The British counsul.
5. What does Broadfoot say the British came out of Afghanistan like?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Khalsa say they want to fight?
2. What language did Dr. Johnson learn at the age of seventy?
3. Where does Broadfoot say he will leave Flash the codes?
4. What does Flash's visitors want after Mangla leaves?
5. What does Flash notice Jeendan is doing when she walks back to the tents?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jeendan persuade the Khalsa that Lal Singh is the best man to lead them?
2. What does Flash overhear from under the billiard table?
3. Who are the two people Flash meets in the house?
4. What part does the Koh-i-Noor paly in this section?
5. Why does Flash think war between the Khalsa and the British is unavoidable?
6. Why has the Queen summoned Flash and Elspeth?
7. Why does Khan decide to torture Flashman?
8. How does Flash avoid the swordsmen in this section?
9. What does Flash talk to Lal Singh about?
10. What are the differences between the characters of Gardner and Jassa?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)