|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Flash say he will never return to Lahore?
(a) It is a hell hole.
(b) He is wanted for murder.
(c) Jeendan has taken an interest in him.
(d) Dalip has put a death warrant on his head.
2. Who does Jeendan want Flash to escort to the British?
(b) Lal Singh.
3. How does Flash escape in this section?
(a) He kills Tej.
(b) He jumps into the river.
(c) He runs across the the fields.
(d) He hides in the attic.
4. What kind of work does Gough give Flash?
(a) Battle planning.
5. What character does Flash claim is more of a coward than himself?
(a) General Littler.
(b) Lal Singh.
(c) Dilap Singh.
6. What does Broadfoot say Flash must pretend the next day?
(a) The he can't ride a horse.
(b) The he hates the British.
(c) That he is afraid of snakes.
(d) That he can't walk.
7. What does Gardner suggest Flash disguises himself as?
(a) A slave.
(b) A priest.
(c) A Kahalsa soldier.
(d) A court jester.
8. What is a palki?
(a) A chair.
(b) A glass.
(c) A carpet.
(d) A table.
9. What had Flashman previously observed at the spot Mangla takes him?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A wiza session.
(c) A dance.
(d) A durbar session.
10. Who orders the Khalsa forces to retreat?
(a) Tej Singh.
11. What does Flash compare the stone structure to?
(a) A coffee house.
(b) The Tower of London.
(c) A giant beehive.
(d) A venus flytrap.
12. What does Jeendan throw at the Khalsa men?
(a) Her petticoat.
(b) Her underwear.
(c) Her socks.
(d) Her slippers.
13. Which character does Flash hear has escaped back to Lahore?
(a) Lal Singh.
(b) Goolab Singh.
(c) Tej SIngh.
14. Who does Flash witness an argument between in this section?
(a) Broadfoot and Sale.
(b) Lal and Tej Singh.
(c) Gough and Hardinge.
(d) Gough and Lal Singh.
15. Where does Dalip say he wants to be after six?
(a) Out of Lahore.
(b) At his father's house.
(c) In bed.
(d) In Karachi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Flash send a note to?
2. What does Broadfoot say he wants to hear more about?
3. What do the Khalsa demand from Jeendan?
4. Whose dead body does Flash see in this section?
5. What can Flashman see from the point high above the river?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)