|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hardinge want Flash charged?
(a) For failing to rescue Dalip.
(b) For sleeping with Jeendan.
(c) For not fighting.
(d) For killing Tej Singh.
2. What does Flash think is the only way the British can defeat the Khalsa?
(a) By waiting for the winter.
(b) By dividing them.
(c) By killing their leader.
(d) By bringing in more soldiers.
3. Who does Flash think has betrayed him in this section?
4. What animal did Henry Lawrence compare Jeenda to?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A lion.
(c) A leopard.
(d) An elephant.
5. Who does Flash decide to try and embarrass in this section?
6. What does Jeendan put the Koh-i-noor inside of?
(a) A beer bottle.
(b) A gold case.
(c) A silver locket.
(d) A cigarette box.
7. How does Lawrence claim Jeendan was taken out of court?
(a) Dragged by her toes.
(b) Pulled by her ear.
(c) Pulled by her foot.
(d) Dragged by her hair.
8. What character does Flash claim is more of a coward than himself?
(a) General Littler.
(b) Dilap Singh.
(c) Lal Singh.
9. Why does Flash say he will never return to Lahore?
(a) Jeendan has taken an interest in him.
(b) Dalip has put a death warrant on his head.
(c) It is a hell hole.
(d) He is wanted for murder.
10. Why does Gardner want Flash to enter Lahore during the day?
(a) He needs to meet someone at noon.
(b) Flash is less likely to raise suspicion.
(c) It is well guarded at night.
(d) He has all day to implement his plan.
11. Why does Flash pretend he can't walk?
(a) To return to England.
(b) To get a good meal.
(c) To escape to Lahore.
(d) To get out of fighting.
12. What does Broadfoot say Flash must pretend the next day?
(a) That he is afraid of snakes.
(b) The he hates the British.
(c) The he can't ride a horse.
(d) That he can't walk.
13. What is Van Cortlandt's rank?
14. What did the British suspect Jeendan of?
(a) War crimes.
15. What can Flashman see from the point high above the river?
(b) The battlefield.
(c) The British Embassy.
(d) The Taj Mahal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gough tell Hardinge is his rank?
2. What is the name of Broadfoot's replacement?
3. What news does Gardner have about Jeendan?
4. What will happen to Flash if Gough loses the battle?
5. What does Jassa demand from Flash?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)