|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character is critical of Flashman's report?
2. Who does Flash witness an argument between in this section?
(a) Gough and Lal Singh.
(b) Broadfoot and Sale.
(c) Gough and Hardinge.
(d) Lal and Tej Singh.
3. Why does Goolab say Jeendan wants Flash to escort her son?
(a) Dalip likes him.
(b) He is good with children.
(c) She trusts no one else.
(d) He is the only one who will do it for nothing.
4. What news does Gardner have about Jeendan?
(a) She is dying.
(b) She wants to marry him.
(c) She wants to give Flash the Koh-i-noor.
(d) She wants Flash to come back and help her escape.
5. What do Flash and Jassa disguise themselves as before entering Lahore?
6. What does Flash begin shouting in the hope a passerby will hear him?
(a) The British national anthem.
(b) His own name.
(c) Titles of his favorite songs.
(d) His wife's name.
7. Who does Flash decide to try and embarrass in this section?
8. Who does Jeendan want Flash to escort to the British?
(b) Lal Singh.
9. Who orders the Khalsa forces to retreat?
(d) Tej Singh.
10. What did the British suspect Jeendan of?
(d) War crimes.
11. How does Flash notify Gardner that they are approaching?
(a) He fires a pistol.
(b) He lights a fire.
(c) He lights a flare.
(d) He makes animal noises.
12. Who does Cunningham say were mainly to blame for the war?
(a) The British.
(b) The Khalsa.
(c) The Hindus.
(d) The Sikhs.
13. What will Dalip disguise himself as when he leaves Lahore?
(a) A priest.
(b) A girl.
(c) A trader.
(d) A commoner.
14. Who frees Flash in this section?
15. Who does Flash think has betrayed him in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose dead body does Flash see in this section?
2. Who does Flash say they should return the Koh-i-Noor to?
3. Who do the Khalsa want to kidnap?
4. What can Flashman see from the point high above the river?
5. What does Jassa demand from Flash?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)