|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Flash watch the battle from?
(a) The north bank.
(b) The south bank.
(c) The east bank.
(d) The west bank.
2. What animal did Henry Lawrence compare Jeenda to?
(a) A tiger.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A leopard.
(d) A lion.
3. What is Flash ill with at the beginning of chapter eighteen?
(d) The flu.
4. What is is the metal frame in the cellar suspended over?
(a) Hot coals.
(c) A bed of nails.
(d) A snake pit.
5. What do the Khalsa demand from Jeendan?
6. Who is the message from that the young officer reads out for Flash?
7. What does George Bruce accuse Hardinge?
(a) War crimes.
(b) Mental paralysis.
8. Who does Cunningham say were mainly to blame for the war?
(a) The Hindus.
(b) The British.
(c) The Sikhs.
(d) The Khalsa.
9. What can Flashman see from the point high above the river?
(a) The battlefield.
(b) The British Embassy.
(c) The Taj Mahal.
10. How does Flash describe Gough's military style?
11. Why does Gardner want Flash to enter Lahore during the day?
(a) He has all day to implement his plan.
(b) He needs to meet someone at noon.
(c) It is well guarded at night.
(d) Flash is less likely to raise suspicion.
12. Why does Hardinge want Flash charged?
(a) For sleeping with Jeendan.
(b) For killing Tej Singh.
(c) For not fighting.
(d) For failing to rescue Dalip.
13. What does Flash injure as he escapes the house?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) His hand.
(c) His ankle.
(d) His leg.
14. Who frees Flash in this section?
15. What kind of person does Jeendan say she has always wanted to marry?
(a) A blond-haired man.
(b) A British soldier.
(c) A hero.
(d) A man with a strong libido.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flashman say he has received intelligence reports saying?
2. Who does Flash witness an argument between in this section?
3. What does Jeendan throw at the Khalsa men?
4. Who is hiding Lal Singh?
5. What is another way to write the name Mangla?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)