|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Flash as the battle rages?
(a) A brothel.
(b) A bomb shelter.
(c) A basement.
(d) A hut.
2. Where does Jassa take Flash?
(a) A camp outside of Lahore.
(b) The Punja palace.
(c) The British embassy.
(d) His apartment.
3. What does George Bruce accuse Hardinge?
(b) War crimes.
(c) Mental paralysis.
4. What is another way to write the name Mangla?
5. Why does Gardner want Flash to enter Lahore during the day?
(a) He needs to meet someone at noon.
(b) Flash is less likely to raise suspicion.
(c) He has all day to implement his plan.
(d) It is well guarded at night.
6. How are thousands of men thrown into the Sutlej river?
(a) They are shot at by the British.
(b) They are stormed by elephants.
(c) A bridge breaks.
(d) They are caught up in a wave.
7. Who does Manglas say Jeendan is meeting in this section?
(a) Queen Victoria.
(b) The Khalsa.
(c) Her father.
8. Why does Mangla say Flash cannot leave immediately with Dalip?
(a) Dalip is ill.
(b) The Khalsa have surrounded the palace.
(c) Dalip wants to see his father.
(d) Jeendan wants to see him.
9. What character does Flash claim is more of a coward than himself?
(a) Dilap Singh.
(b) General Littler.
(c) Lal Singh.
10. Who soldiers does Flash say Singh should order his men to attack?
11. What animal did Henry Lawrence compare Jeenda to?
(a) A leopard.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A lion.
(d) A tiger.
12. What will Dalip disguise himself as when he leaves Lahore?
(a) A commoner.
(b) A priest.
(c) A girl.
(d) A trader.
13. Which character does Flash hear has escaped back to Lahore?
(b) Tej SIngh.
(c) Lal Singh.
(d) Goolab Singh.
14. Why does Goolab say Jeendan wants Flash to escort her son?
(a) Dalip likes him.
(b) He is the only one who will do it for nothing.
(c) He is good with children.
(d) She trusts no one else.
15. What does Flash compare the stone structure to?
(a) The Tower of London.
(b) A venus flytrap.
(c) A coffee house.
(d) A giant beehive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Khalsa say they want as their leader?
2. What does Broadfoot say he wants to hear more about?
3. What is is the metal frame in the cellar suspended over?
4. What does Flash think is the only way the British can defeat the Khalsa?
5. What do the Khalsa demand from Jeendan?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)