|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the Khalsa want to kidnap?
2. Who orders the Khalsa forces to retreat?
(c) Tej Singh.
3. What does George Bruce accuse Hardinge?
(b) War crimes.
(d) Mental paralysis.
4. What is Van Cortlandt's rank?
5. Where does Dalip say he wants to be after six?
(a) In bed.
(b) At his father's house.
(c) Out of Lahore.
(d) In Karachi.
6. Who is the message from that the young officer reads out for Flash?
7. Why does Flash say he will never return to Lahore?
(a) Jeendan has taken an interest in him.
(b) He is wanted for murder.
(c) Dalip has put a death warrant on his head.
(d) It is a hell hole.
8. What kind of officer spots Flashman just outside of Lahore?
(a) A Gorrachara officer.
(b) A Gardner officer.
(c) A Highlander officer.
(d) A Khalsa officer.
9. What animal did Henry Lawrence compare Jeenda to?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A lion.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A leopard.
10. How did newspaper reports claim Flash escaped?
(a) With a harem of women.
(b) On the back of a tiger.
(c) While under fire.
(d) Disguised as Queen Victoria.
11. What is another way to write the name Mangla?
12. Who does Jeendan want Flash to escort to the British?
(b) Lal Singh.
13. Where is Flash as the battle rages?
(a) A hut.
(b) A basement.
(c) A bomb shelter.
(d) A brothel.
14. What character is critical of Flashman's report?
15. What did the British suspect Jeendan of?
(c) War crimes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Flash ill with at the beginning of chapter eighteen?
2. Who does Flash witness an argument between in this section?
3. Where is Flash shot in this section?
4. Where does Flash say the fate of India is decided?
5. Whose dead body does Flash see in this section?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)