|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gardner suggest Flash disguises himself as?
(a) A slave.
(b) A priest.
(c) A court jester.
(d) A Kahalsa soldier.
2. Where does Flash watch the battle from?
(a) The east bank.
(b) The north bank.
(c) The south bank.
(d) The west bank.
3. What is Van Cortlandt's opinion of Flash?
(a) He is a womanizing drunk.
(b) He has hidden depths.
(c) He is a cowardly ass.
(d) He is brave and brilliant.
4. What kind of person does Jeendan say she has always wanted to marry?
(a) A British soldier.
(b) A blond-haired man.
(c) A man with a strong libido.
(d) A hero.
5. Why does Flash pretend he can't walk?
(a) To return to England.
(b) To get a good meal.
(c) To escape to Lahore.
(d) To get out of fighting.
6. Who frees Flash in this section?
7. What kind of work does Gough give Flash?
(c) Battle planning.
8. What will happen to Flash if Gough loses the battle?
(a) He will be tried.
(b) He will be left in the desert.
(c) He will receive a knighthood.
(d) He wil be banished from Britain.
9. What had Flashman previously observed at the spot Mangla takes him?
(a) A durbar session.
(b) A dance.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A wiza session.
10. What needs to happen before Goolab takes Dalip back to Lahore?
(a) Flash needs to admit he is a coward.
(b) Jeenan has to be murdered.
(c) A treaty needs to be signed.
(d) Flash needs to apologize.
11. Who has Jassa brought a message from?
12. What is is the metal frame in the cellar suspended over?
(a) Hot coals.
(b) A bed of nails.
(c) A snake pit.
13. What does Flashman say he has received intelligence reports saying?
(a) The British have a new secret weapn.
(b) The British are sending for more troops.
(c) The British are running out of supplies.
(d) The British have mined the defenses at Ferozepore.
14. Where is Flash shot in this section?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) His head.
(c) His leg.
(d) His hand.
15. How does Flash notify Gardner that they are approaching?
(a) He fires a pistol.
(b) He makes animal noises.
(c) He lights a fire.
(d) He lights a flare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flash promise to give Dalip once they reach their destination?
2. Who orders the Khalsa forces to retreat?
3. What did the British suspect Jeendan of?
4. Whose dead body does Flash see in this section?
5. Who is the message from that the young officer reads out for Flash?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)