|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the message from that the young officer reads out for Flash?
2. What animal did Henry Lawrence compare Jeenda to?
(a) A lion.
(b) A leopard.
(c) A tiger.
(d) An elephant.
3. What character does Flash claim is more of a coward than himself?
(a) Dilap Singh.
(b) Lal Singh.
(c) General Littler.
4. What do the Khalsa demand from Jeendan?
5. What does Gardner suggest Flash disguises himself as?
(a) A priest.
(b) A slave.
(c) A Kahalsa soldier.
(d) A court jester.
6. Who does Cunningham say were mainly to blame for the war?
(a) The Sikhs.
(b) The British.
(c) The Hindus.
(d) The Khalsa.
7. What is is the metal frame in the cellar suspended over?
(b) A snake pit.
(c) A bed of nails.
(d) Hot coals.
8. How did newspaper reports claim Flash escaped?
(a) With a harem of women.
(b) On the back of a tiger.
(c) Disguised as Queen Victoria.
(d) While under fire.
9. Who does Flash think has betrayed him in this section?
10. How does Lawrence claim Jeendan was taken out of court?
(a) Pulled by her foot.
(b) Dragged by her toes.
(c) Pulled by her ear.
(d) Dragged by her hair.
11. Who orders the Khalsa forces to retreat?
(a) Tej Singh.
12. Why does Flash pass out in this section?
(a) He is has gangrene.
(b) He hears Elspeth is coming to India.
(c) He can't stand hearing the screams of the dying.
(d) He is exhausted.
13. What will Dalip disguise himself as when he leaves Lahore?
(a) A commoner.
(b) A priest.
(c) A girl.
(d) A trader.
14. What does Jeendan put the Koh-i-noor inside of?
(a) A silver locket.
(b) A cigarette box.
(c) A beer bottle.
(d) A gold case.
15. Why does Gardner want Flash to enter Lahore during the day?
(a) He has all day to implement his plan.
(b) He needs to meet someone at noon.
(c) It is well guarded at night.
(d) Flash is less likely to raise suspicion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose death does Gardner say he is sorry to hear about?
2. What does Jeendan throw at the Khalsa men?
3. What city does Flash leave for at the beginning of this section?
4. Where does Flash watch the battle from?
5. Why does Flash say he will never return to Lahore?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)