|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose death does Gardner say he is sorry to hear about?
2. Where does Jassa take Flash?
(a) The Punja palace.
(b) The British embassy.
(c) His apartment.
(d) A camp outside of Lahore.
3. What can Flashman see from the point high above the river?
(b) The battlefield.
(c) The Taj Mahal.
(d) The British Embassy.
4. What did the British suspect Jeendan of?
(c) War crimes.
5. Why is Dalip angry in this section?
(a) He does not like Flash.
(b) He has to stay with his father.
(c) He has to wear girl's clothes.
(d) He wants to protect his mother.
6. How does Flash notify Gardner that they are approaching?
(a) He lights a fire.
(b) He lights a flare.
(c) He makes animal noises.
(d) He fires a pistol.
7. What does Flashman say he has received intelligence reports saying?
(a) The British have mined the defenses at Ferozepore.
(b) The British are sending for more troops.
(c) The British are running out of supplies.
(d) The British have a new secret weapn.
8. Where do the British Calvary take Flash?
(a) The British embassy.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The Punjab palace.
9. What is Van Cortlandt's rank?
10. What animal did Henry Lawrence compare Jeenda to?
(a) A lion.
(b) A leopard.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A tiger.
11. Why does Lawrence want Flash to meet Goolab?
(a) He wants Flash to kill him.
(b) He is the only person Goolab trusts.
(c) He wants Flash to prove himself.
(d) He wants Goolab to feel safe.
12. Who orders the Khalsa forces to retreat?
(b) Tej Singh.
13. What kind of person does Jeendan say she has always wanted to marry?
(a) A blond-haired man.
(b) A hero.
(c) A British soldier.
(d) A man with a strong libido.
14. Why does Flash say he will never return to Lahore?
(a) He is wanted for murder.
(b) It is a hell hole.
(c) Dalip has put a death warrant on his head.
(d) Jeendan has taken an interest in him.
15. What does Flash injure as he escapes the house?
(a) His leg.
(b) His shoulder.
(c) His ankle.
(d) His hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cunningham say were mainly to blame for the war?
2. What news does Gardner have about Jeendan?
3. What character is critical of Flashman's report?
4. Why does Flash pass out in this section?
5. What kind of work does Gough give Flash?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)