|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gardner want Flash to enter Lahore during the day?
(a) It is well guarded at night.
(b) He needs to meet someone at noon.
(c) Flash is less likely to raise suspicion.
(d) He has all day to implement his plan.
2. What needs to happen before Goolab takes Dalip back to Lahore?
(a) A treaty needs to be signed.
(b) Jeenan has to be murdered.
(c) Flash needs to admit he is a coward.
(d) Flash needs to apologize.
3. Where does Dalip say he wants to be after six?
(a) At his father's house.
(b) Out of Lahore.
(c) In bed.
(d) In Karachi.
4. How does Lawrence claim Jeendan was taken out of court?
(a) Dragged by her hair.
(b) Dragged by her toes.
(c) Pulled by her foot.
(d) Pulled by her ear.
5. Who soldiers does Flash say Singh should order his men to attack?
6. What does Gough tell Hardinge is his rank?
(b) Governor General.
(d) Field Mashall.
7. Why does Flash pass out in this section?
(a) He is exhausted.
(b) He can't stand hearing the screams of the dying.
(c) He is has gangrene.
(d) He hears Elspeth is coming to India.
8. Where does Jassa take Flash?
(a) The British embassy.
(b) The Punja palace.
(c) A camp outside of Lahore.
(d) His apartment.
9. What kind of person does Jeendan say she has always wanted to marry?
(a) A man with a strong libido.
(b) A blond-haired man.
(c) A British soldier.
(d) A hero.
10. What does Gardner suggest Flash disguises himself as?
(a) A slave.
(b) A court jester.
(c) A priest.
(d) A Kahalsa soldier.
11. Why does Jeendan want to weaken the Khalsa?
(a) So they can't challenge her rule.
(b) So she can create a new army.
(c) So she can free her country from their brutality.
(d) So she can put in a British government.
12. What do Flash and Jassa set up once they arrive in Lahore?
(a) A meeting place.
(b) A shop.
(c) A tent.
(d) A shelter.
13. What does Jassa demand from Flash?
(a) The gold.
(b) The diamond.
(d) His horse.
14. What do the Khalsa demand from Jeendan?
15. Where is Flash as the battle rages?
(a) A hut.
(b) A brothel.
(c) A bomb shelter.
(d) A basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a palki?
2. What does Broadfoot say Flash must pretend the next day?
3. Why does Flash say he will never return to Lahore?
4. What will happen to Flash if Gough loses the battle?
5. What character does Flash claim is more of a coward than himself?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)