|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the British suspect Jeendan of?
(a) War crimes.
2. Why does Flash say he will never return to Lahore?
(a) Dalip has put a death warrant on his head.
(b) It is a hell hole.
(c) Jeendan has taken an interest in him.
(d) He is wanted for murder.
3. What is another way to write the name Mangla?
4. Why does Gardner want Flash to enter Lahore during the day?
(a) It is well guarded at night.
(b) He has all day to implement his plan.
(c) Flash is less likely to raise suspicion.
(d) He needs to meet someone at noon.
5. Why does Goolab say Jeendan wants Flash to escort her son?
(a) She trusts no one else.
(b) He is good with children.
(c) Dalip likes him.
(d) He is the only one who will do it for nothing.
6. What does Broadfoot say he wants to hear more about?
(d) Flash's women.
7. What does Jassa demand from Flash?
(b) The gold.
(c) His horse.
(d) The diamond.
8. Where does Flash say the fate of India is decided?
9. How did newspaper reports claim Flash escaped?
(a) On the back of a tiger.
(b) While under fire.
(c) With a harem of women.
(d) Disguised as Queen Victoria.
10. How are thousands of men thrown into the Sutlej river?
(a) They are shot at by the British.
(b) They are stormed by elephants.
(c) They are caught up in a wave.
(d) A bridge breaks.
11. Who is the message from that the young officer reads out for Flash?
12. How does Flash describe Gough's military style?
13. Where do the British Calvary take Flash?
(a) The British embassy.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The Punjab palace.
14. Why does Jeendan want to weaken the Khalsa?
(a) So they can't challenge her rule.
(b) So she can create a new army.
(c) So she can free her country from their brutality.
(d) So she can put in a British government.
15. Who does Manglas say Jeendan is meeting in this section?
(a) The Khalsa.
(b) Her father.
(d) Queen Victoria.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Flash partly relieved that Broadfoot has died?
2. What news does Gardner have about Jeendan?
3. What do the Khalsa demand from Jeendan?
4. Who do the Khalsa want to murder?
5. How does Flash escape in this section?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)