|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Van Cortlandt's opinion of Flash?
(a) He is brave and brilliant.
(b) He is a womanizing drunk.
(c) He has hidden depths.
(d) He is a cowardly ass.
2. What does Gardner suggest Flash disguises himself as?
(a) A priest.
(b) A slave.
(c) A Kahalsa soldier.
(d) A court jester.
3. Where does Dalip say he wants to be after six?
(a) In bed.
(b) At his father's house.
(c) In Karachi.
(d) Out of Lahore.
4. Why is Flash partly relieved that Broadfoot has died?
(a) He can start being himself.
(b) He won't have to pay him back his money.
(c) He won't have to return to Lahore.
(d) He can go off with his wife.
5. Which character does Flash hear has escaped back to Lahore?
(b) Tej SIngh.
(c) Lal Singh.
(d) Goolab Singh.
6. What does Jeendan throw at the Khalsa men?
(a) Her underwear.
(b) Her socks.
(c) Her slippers.
(d) Her petticoat.
7. Who does Flash think has betrayed him in this section?
8. What do Flash and Jassa disguise themselves as before entering Lahore?
9. Where is Flash as the battle rages?
(a) A hut.
(b) A basement.
(c) A brothel.
(d) A bomb shelter.
10. What is another way to write the name Mangla?
11. Why does Flash say he will never return to Lahore?
(a) He is wanted for murder.
(b) It is a hell hole.
(c) Dalip has put a death warrant on his head.
(d) Jeendan has taken an interest in him.
12. What can Flashman see from the point high above the river?
(a) The battlefield.
(b) The British Embassy.
(c) The Taj Mahal.
13. How does Lawrence claim Jeendan was taken out of court?
(a) Dragged by her toes.
(b) Pulled by her ear.
(c) Dragged by her hair.
(d) Pulled by her foot.
14. How are thousands of men thrown into the Sutlej river?
(a) They are stormed by elephants.
(b) They are shot at by the British.
(c) A bridge breaks.
(d) They are caught up in a wave.
15. Who does Flash say they should return the Koh-i-Noor to?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The British government.
(c) The Punjabis.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Flash describe Gough's military style?
2. What is is the metal frame in the cellar suspended over?
3. Why does Goolab say Jeendan wants Flash to escort her son?
4. What kind of officer spots Flashman just outside of Lahore?
5. Who frees Flash in this section?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)