|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Flash say he will never return to Lahore?
(a) He is wanted for murder.
(b) It is a hell hole.
(c) Dalip has put a death warrant on his head.
(d) Jeendan has taken an interest in him.
2. Where do the British Calvary take Flash?
(b) The Punjab palace.
(c) The British embassy.
(d) The hospital.
3. What does Jeendan put the Koh-i-noor inside of?
(a) A silver locket.
(b) A gold case.
(c) A beer bottle.
(d) A cigarette box.
4. What do Flash and Jassa set up once they arrive in Lahore?
(a) A meeting place.
(b) A tent.
(c) A shop.
(d) A shelter.
5. What is a palki?
(a) A chair.
(b) A carpet.
(c) A glass.
(d) A table.
6. Why does Jeendan want to weaken the Khalsa?
(a) So she can put in a British government.
(b) So she can free her country from their brutality.
(c) So they can't challenge her rule.
(d) So she can create a new army.
7. What does Flash compare the stone structure to?
(a) A giant beehive.
(b) A venus flytrap.
(c) A coffee house.
(d) The Tower of London.
8. What kind of person does Jeendan say she has always wanted to marry?
(a) A British soldier.
(b) A blond-haired man.
(c) A man with a strong libido.
(d) A hero.
9. How does Lawrence claim Jeendan was taken out of court?
(a) Dragged by her toes.
(b) Pulled by her foot.
(c) Dragged by her hair.
(d) Pulled by her ear.
10. What does Flash think is the only way the British can defeat the Khalsa?
(a) By dividing them.
(b) By bringing in more soldiers.
(c) By waiting for the winter.
(d) By killing their leader.
11. What character does Flash claim is more of a coward than himself?
(a) Lal Singh.
(c) General Littler.
(d) Dilap Singh.
12. What character is critical of Flashman's report?
13. Who is hiding Lal Singh?
(b) Tej Singh.
(c) Goolab Singh,
14. Who do the Khalsa say they want as their leader?
(a) Harry Flashman
(b) Goolab Singh.
(c) Tej Singh.
(d) Dilap Singh.
15. Why does Hardinge want Flash charged?
(a) For failing to rescue Dalip.
(b) For killing Tej Singh.
(c) For sleeping with Jeendan.
(d) For not fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Flash describe Gough's military style?
2. What did the British suspect Jeendan of?
3. What needs to happen before Goolab takes Dalip back to Lahore?
4. What city does Flash leave for at the beginning of this section?
5. What can Flashman see from the point high above the river?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)