|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Flashman previously observed at the spot Mangla takes him?
(a) A durbar session.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A wiza session.
(d) A dance.
2. What can Flashman see from the point high above the river?
(a) The Taj Mahal.
(b) The British Embassy.
(c) The battlefield.
3. What does Broadfoot say Flash must pretend the next day?
(a) That he is afraid of snakes.
(b) The he can't ride a horse.
(c) The he hates the British.
(d) That he can't walk.
4. Who soldiers does Flash say Singh should order his men to attack?
5. Why is Dalip angry in this section?
(a) He has to wear girl's clothes.
(b) He does not like Flash.
(c) He wants to protect his mother.
(d) He has to stay with his father.
6. Who orders the Khalsa forces to retreat?
(a) Tej Singh.
7. What is Van Cortlandt's rank?
8. What is the name of Broadfoot's replacement?
(a) David Bardsley.
(b) Henry lawrence.
(c) Sachin Tendulkar.
(d) Tej Singh.
9. Why does Gardner want Flash to enter Lahore during the day?
(a) He has all day to implement his plan.
(b) Flash is less likely to raise suspicion.
(c) He needs to meet someone at noon.
(d) It is well guarded at night.
10. What do Flash and Jassa disguise themselves as before entering Lahore?
11. What is Van Cortlandt's opinion of Flash?
(a) He has hidden depths.
(b) He is brave and brilliant.
(c) He is a cowardly ass.
(d) He is a womanizing drunk.
12. What does Jeendan put the Koh-i-noor inside of?
(a) A cigarette box.
(b) A silver locket.
(c) A beer bottle.
(d) A gold case.
13. What do Flash and Jassa set up once they arrive in Lahore?
(a) A tent.
(b) A meeting place.
(c) A shelter.
(d) A shop.
14. What does Flashman say he has received intelligence reports saying?
(a) The British are sending for more troops.
(b) The British are running out of supplies.
(c) The British have a new secret weapn.
(d) The British have mined the defenses at Ferozepore.
15. What does Broadfoot say he wants to hear more about?
(c) Flash's women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Flash say the fate of India is decided?
2. What is a palki?
3. How are thousands of men thrown into the Sutlej river?
4. Why does Mangla say Flash cannot leave immediately with Dalip?
5. What kind of person does Jeendan say she has always wanted to marry?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)