|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character does Flash claim is more of a coward than himself?
(b) Dilap Singh.
(c) Lal Singh.
(d) General Littler.
2. What does Broadfoot say he wants to hear more about?
(a) Flash's women.
3. Why does Mangla say Flash cannot leave immediately with Dalip?
(a) Jeendan wants to see him.
(b) Dalip is ill.
(c) Dalip wants to see his father.
(d) The Khalsa have surrounded the palace.
4. What does Gardner suggest Flash disguises himself as?
(a) A Kahalsa soldier.
(b) A slave.
(c) A priest.
(d) A court jester.
5. What does George Bruce accuse Hardinge?
(a) War crimes.
(c) Mental paralysis.
6. Who do the Khalsa want to murder?
(b) Tej Singh.
7. What is another way to write the name Mangla?
8. How does Flash describe Gough's military style?
9. Who does Cunningham say were mainly to blame for the war?
(a) The Khalsa.
(b) The Sikhs.
(c) The Hindus.
(d) The British.
10. Why does Jeendan want to weaken the Khalsa?
(a) So she can create a new army.
(b) So she can put in a British government.
(c) So she can free her country from their brutality.
(d) So they can't challenge her rule.
11. What does Flash begin shouting in the hope a passerby will hear him?
(a) His own name.
(b) Titles of his favorite songs.
(c) The British national anthem.
(d) His wife's name.
12. Why does Flash pass out in this section?
(a) He hears Elspeth is coming to India.
(b) He is exhausted.
(c) He can't stand hearing the screams of the dying.
(d) He is has gangrene.
13. Who does Flash send a note to?
14. What will Dalip disguise himself as when he leaves Lahore?
(a) A trader.
(b) A priest.
(c) A commoner.
(d) A girl.
15. Who do the Khalsa want to kidnap?
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Gardner have about Jeendan?
2. Where does Flash watch the battle from?
3. What does Flash injure as he escapes the house?
4. Why does Gardner want Flash to enter Lahore during the day?
5. What character is critical of Flashman's report?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)