|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeendan put the Koh-i-noor inside of?
(a) A beer bottle.
(b) A silver locket.
(c) A cigarette box.
(d) A gold case.
2. What kind of work does Gough give Flash?
(d) Battle planning.
3. Who is the message from that the young officer reads out for Flash?
4. Who does Cunningham say were mainly to blame for the war?
(a) The British.
(b) The Khalsa.
(c) The Sikhs.
(d) The Hindus.
5. Whose death does Gardner say he is sorry to hear about?
6. What does Broadfoot say he wants to hear more about?
(c) Flash's women.
7. What news does Gardner have about Jeendan?
(a) She wants to marry him.
(b) She wants Flash to come back and help her escape.
(c) She wants to give Flash the Koh-i-noor.
(d) She is dying.
8. Whose dead body does Flash see in this section?
9. Why does Hardinge want Flash charged?
(a) For failing to rescue Dalip.
(b) For killing Tej Singh.
(c) For sleeping with Jeendan.
(d) For not fighting.
10. Who frees Flash in this section?
11. Why does Flash pretend he can't walk?
(a) To escape to Lahore.
(b) To return to England.
(c) To get a good meal.
(d) To get out of fighting.
12. How are thousands of men thrown into the Sutlej river?
(a) A bridge breaks.
(b) They are caught up in a wave.
(c) They are stormed by elephants.
(d) They are shot at by the British.
13. What animal did Henry Lawrence compare Jeenda to?
(a) A leopard.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A lion.
14. What is another way to write the name Mangla?
15. Where do the British Calvary take Flash?
(b) The British embassy.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The Punjab palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Flash describe Gough's military style?
2. Why does Jeendan want to weaken the Khalsa?
3. What is is the metal frame in the cellar suspended over?
4. What kind of person does Jeendan say she has always wanted to marry?
5. How did newspaper reports claim Flash escaped?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)