|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Flash leave for at the beginning of this section?
2. Who does Flash witness an argument between in this section?
(a) Lal and Tej Singh.
(b) Gough and Lal Singh.
(c) Gough and Hardinge.
(d) Broadfoot and Sale.
3. What is Van Cortlandt's rank?
4. Who does Flash send a note to?
5. What does Broadfoot say he wants to hear more about?
(c) Flash's women.
6. What is a palki?
(a) A carpet.
(b) A table.
(c) A chair.
(d) A glass.
7. What is is the metal frame in the cellar suspended over?
(a) Hot coals.
(b) A snake pit.
(c) A bed of nails.
8. What does Flash injure as he escapes the house?
(a) His leg.
(b) His ankle.
(c) His hand.
(d) His shoulder.
9. How does Lawrence claim Jeendan was taken out of court?
(a) Dragged by her hair.
(b) Pulled by her foot.
(c) Pulled by her ear.
(d) Dragged by her toes.
10. What character does Flash claim is more of a coward than himself?
(a) General Littler.
(b) Dilap Singh.
(d) Lal Singh.
11. Where does Flash watch the battle from?
(a) The south bank.
(b) The west bank.
(c) The north bank.
(d) The east bank.
12. Who does Cunningham say were mainly to blame for the war?
(a) The Sikhs.
(b) The Hindus.
(c) The British.
(d) The Khalsa.
13. Whose dead body does Flash see in this section?
14. Why does Flash pass out in this section?
(a) He is has gangrene.
(b) He can't stand hearing the screams of the dying.
(c) He is exhausted.
(d) He hears Elspeth is coming to India.
15. What is Flashman surprised to learn that Goolab already knows?
(a) The British soldiers' battle tactics.
(b) The terms of the treaty.
(c) Flashman's homelife.
(d) Dalip's condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another way to write the name Mangla?
2. How does Flash escape in this section?
3. Who orders the Khalsa forces to retreat?
4. What do Flash and Jassa disguise themselves as before entering Lahore?
5. Who is hiding Lal Singh?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)