|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jeendan want Flash to escort to the British?
(b) Lal Singh.
2. Who does Cunningham say were mainly to blame for the war?
(a) The Hindus.
(b) The Khalsa.
(c) The Sikhs.
(d) The British.
3. Who does Flash send a note to?
4. What is the name of Broadfoot's replacement?
(a) Sachin Tendulkar.
(b) Tej Singh.
(c) Henry lawrence.
(d) David Bardsley.
5. Why is Flash partly relieved that Broadfoot has died?
(a) He won't have to return to Lahore.
(b) He won't have to pay him back his money.
(c) He can start being himself.
(d) He can go off with his wife.
6. How does Flash notify Gardner that they are approaching?
(a) He lights a flare.
(b) He makes animal noises.
(c) He fires a pistol.
(d) He lights a fire.
7. Where do the British Calvary take Flash?
(b) The hospital.
(c) The Punjab palace.
(d) The British embassy.
8. Why does Flash say he will never return to Lahore?
(a) Dalip has put a death warrant on his head.
(b) Jeendan has taken an interest in him.
(c) He is wanted for murder.
(d) It is a hell hole.
9. What does George Bruce accuse Hardinge?
(a) War crimes.
(c) Mental paralysis.
10. Why does Jeendan want to weaken the Khalsa?
(a) So she can free her country from their brutality.
(b) So they can't challenge her rule.
(c) So she can create a new army.
(d) So she can put in a British government.
11. Why does Mangla say Flash cannot leave immediately with Dalip?
(a) Jeendan wants to see him.
(b) Dalip wants to see his father.
(c) The Khalsa have surrounded the palace.
(d) Dalip is ill.
12. What will Dalip disguise himself as when he leaves Lahore?
(a) A girl.
(b) A priest.
(c) A trader.
(d) A commoner.
13. What does Flash injure as he escapes the house?
(a) His ankle.
(b) His leg.
(c) His shoulder.
(d) His hand.
14. Where does Flash say the fate of India is decided?
15. Where does Flash watch the battle from?
(a) The north bank.
(b) The east bank.
(c) The south bank.
(d) The west bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Khalsa want to kidnap?
2. What is a palki?
3. What is Flash ill with at the beginning of chapter eighteen?
4. Who does Manglas say Jeendan is meeting in this section?
5. What does Broadfoot say Flash must pretend the next day?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)