|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Gardner have about Jeendan?
(a) She wants to marry him.
(b) She wants to give Flash the Koh-i-noor.
(c) She is dying.
(d) She wants Flash to come back and help her escape.
2. Where does Dalip say he wants to be after six?
(a) In Karachi.
(b) Out of Lahore.
(c) In bed.
(d) At his father's house.
3. Who is the message from that the young officer reads out for Flash?
4. Who do the Khalsa want to murder?
(a) Tej Singh.
5. What does Flash injure as he escapes the house?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) His hand.
(c) His ankle.
(d) His leg.
6. What does Flashman say he has received intelligence reports saying?
(a) The British are sending for more troops.
(b) The British have a new secret weapn.
(c) The British are running out of supplies.
(d) The British have mined the defenses at Ferozepore.
7. What is is the metal frame in the cellar suspended over?
(a) A snake pit.
(b) A bed of nails.
(d) Hot coals.
8. How did newspaper reports claim Flash escaped?
(a) On the back of a tiger.
(b) While under fire.
(c) Disguised as Queen Victoria.
(d) With a harem of women.
9. What kind of work does Gough give Flash?
(c) Battle planning.
10. Who does Flash send a note to?
11. Why is Dalip angry in this section?
(a) He does not like Flash.
(b) He has to stay with his father.
(c) He wants to protect his mother.
(d) He has to wear girl's clothes.
12. Who is hiding Lal Singh?
(c) Tej Singh.
(d) Goolab Singh,
13. What does Gough tell Hardinge is his rank?
(c) Field Mashall.
(d) Governor General.
14. What do Flash and Jassa set up once they arrive in Lahore?
(a) A tent.
(b) A meeting place.
(c) A shop.
(d) A shelter.
15. How does Flash escape in this section?
(a) He hides in the attic.
(b) He kills Tej.
(c) He jumps into the river.
(d) He runs across the the fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flash think is the only way the British can defeat the Khalsa?
2. Who frees Flash in this section?
3. Why does Mangla say Flash cannot leave immediately with Dalip?
4. Why does Flash say he will never return to Lahore?
5. Who does Manglas say Jeendan is meeting in this section?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)