|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeendan throw at the Khalsa men?
(a) Her underwear.
(b) Her slippers.
(c) Her petticoat.
(d) Her socks.
2. What kind of work does Gough give Flash?
(d) Battle planning.
3. What character does Flash claim is more of a coward than himself?
(a) Dilap Singh.
(b) Lal Singh.
(c) General Littler.
4. What does Flash begin shouting in the hope a passerby will hear him?
(a) His own name.
(b) The British national anthem.
(c) His wife's name.
(d) Titles of his favorite songs.
5. How does Flash notify Gardner that they are approaching?
(a) He fires a pistol.
(b) He lights a flare.
(c) He makes animal noises.
(d) He lights a fire.
6. Who does Flash decide to try and embarrass in this section?
7. What does Flash think is the only way the British can defeat the Khalsa?
(a) By bringing in more soldiers.
(b) By waiting for the winter.
(c) By dividing them.
(d) By killing their leader.
8. Whose dead body does Flash see in this section?
9. What will happen to Flash if Gough loses the battle?
(a) He will be tried.
(b) He will receive a knighthood.
(c) He will be left in the desert.
(d) He wil be banished from Britain.
10. Which character does Flash hear has escaped back to Lahore?
(b) Goolab Singh.
(c) Lal Singh.
(d) Tej SIngh.
11. What does Broadfoot say Flash must pretend the next day?
(a) That he can't walk.
(b) That he is afraid of snakes.
(c) The he hates the British.
(d) The he can't ride a horse.
12. Who do the Khalsa say they want as their leader?
(a) Goolab Singh.
(b) Harry Flashman
(c) Dilap Singh.
(d) Tej Singh.
13. What does Gardner suggest Flash disguises himself as?
(a) A court jester.
(b) A slave.
(c) A Kahalsa soldier.
(d) A priest.
14. What do Flash and Jassa set up once they arrive in Lahore?
(a) A meeting place.
(b) A shelter.
(c) A tent.
(d) A shop.
15. Where does Flash say the fate of India is decided?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is hiding Lal Singh?
2. How did newspaper reports claim Flash escaped?
3. What will Dalip disguise himself as when he leaves Lahore?
4. What is Van Cortlandt's opinion of Flash?
5. Why does Jeendan want to weaken the Khalsa?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)