|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country invented crytography?
2. What does Queen Victoria want Flash and Elspeth's advice about?
(a) The Jubilee.
(b) The coronation.
(c) Her daughter's wedding.
(d) Her son's wedding.
3. What part of America is Campbell from?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
4. Whose leadership does Lal Singh say he admires?
(b) Sir Hugh Gough's.
(c) Oliver Cromwell's.
(d) Harry Flashman's.
5. Where do Mrs. Madison and Flash hide when the men enter the billiard room?
(a) Behind the curtain.
(b) Under the the floorboards.
(c) Under the billiard table.
(d) Behind a statue.
6. Who does Goolab kill in this section?
(a) A servant.
(b) A British soldier.
(c) An American tourist.
(d) A Khalsa soldier.
7. Who does Broadfoot say wants the gold back?
(a) The Klukos.
(b) The Underground Railroad.
(c) The East India Company.
(d) The Punjabi government.
8. What does Jeendan order the Khalsa to do?
(a) Give her back the Koh-i-noor.
(b) Apologize for her brother's death.
(c) Surrender her brother's killers.
(d) Kill Flashman.
9. Where does Jeendan move her court to?
10. What is Flash's opinion of Sir Harry Gough?
(a) He is a brutal dictator.
(b) He is fun-loving.
(c) He is the toughest man he knows.
(d) He is one of the nicest guys he knows.
11. What does Broadfoot say the British came out of Afghanistan like?
12. What is Flash trying to pose as when he dresses in his best clothes?
(a) A diplomat.
(b) A journalist.
(c) A general.
(d) An MP.
13. What kind of animal takes Flash to the meeting?
(a) An ostrich.
(b) A horse.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A camel.
14. What is the seven-year-old boy holding?
(a) A water pistol.
(b) A teddybear.
(c) A plastic knife.
(d) A toy sword.
15. What does Dalip steal in this section?
(a) A purse.
(b) The Koh-i-Noor.
(d) The lead elephant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the royal family meeting with in this section?
2. What language did Dr. Johnson learn at the age of seventy?
3. What name does Gardner know Jassa as?
4. Who does the seven-year-old boy say he has come to see?
5. What kind of message does Flash write for Broadfoot?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)