|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a wazir?
(a) A military leader.
(b) A criminal.
(c) A slave.
(d) A diamond trader.
2. Who does Goolab kill in this section?
(a) A British soldier.
(b) An American tourist.
(c) A Khalsa soldier.
(d) A servant.
3. Whose leadership does Lal Singh say he admires?
(a) Oliver Cromwell's.
(c) Sir Hugh Gough's.
(d) Harry Flashman's.
4. What river does Khan tell Flash the Khalsa are already crossing?
(a) The Mississippi River.
(b) The Thames River.
(c) The Sutlej River.
(d) The Gange River.
5. Who does Gough say told him about the young Flashman?
6. What kind of message does Flash write for Broadfoot?
(a) A telegram message.
(b) A twitter message.
(c) A poetic message.
(d) A coded message.
7. What does Flash drink to calm himself down?
8. Where does the message tell Flash to go to?
(a) The Punjab coronation.
(b) The American embassy.
(c) The British soldier's Christmas party.
(d) The French Soldier's caberet.
9. Who does Flash describe as artless?
(a) Queen Victoria.
10. What book does Flash see next to his bed?
(a) The Divine Comedy.
(b) The Koran.
(c) The bible.
(d) The Castle.
11. What Mangal say she has come to summon Flash to?
(a) A royal audience.
(b) A military audience.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) A theater production.
12. What kind of animal takes Flash to the meeting?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A horse.
(c) A camel.
(d) An ostrich.
13. What berry does Flash compare the Queen's eyes to?
(a) A raspberry.
(b) A blackberry.
(c) A gooseberry.
(d) A strawberry.
14. What is Maka Khan's rank in the army?
15. Why does Mrs. Madison say she wants to leave?
(a) She is cold.
(b) She is tired.
(c) She needs the bathroom.
(d) She is scared.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeendan order the Khalsa to do?
2. Who does the seven-year-old boy say he has come to see?
3. What city does Flash travel to in this section?
4. What code word should Flash use in an emergency?
5. What does Dalip steal in this section?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)