|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in possession of the gold?
(a) The Punjabi government.
(b) The British government.
(c) The East India Company.
(d) The Underground Railroad.
2. Who are burned alongside Jawaheer?
(a) His children.
(b) His killers.
(c) Two criminals.
(d) His widows and slave girls.
3. What is Maka Khan's rank in the army?
4. Who do the Khalsa kill in this section?
5. Whose leadership does Lal Singh say he admires?
(a) Oliver Cromwell's.
(b) Harry Flashman's.
(d) Sir Hugh Gough's.
6. Who is the only person the Khlasa recognize as a leader?
(a) Peshora Singh.
(d) Dalip Singh.
7. What does Flash say inspired this memoir?
(a) His wife's nagging.
(b) His visit to the Queen.
(c) A poor rendition of the same story.
(d) A rodeo show.
8. How is Dalip related to Jawaheer?
(a) He is his father.
(b) He is his cousin.
(c) He is his uncle.
(d) He is his brother.
9. What language did Dr. Johnson learn at the age of seventy?
10. What river does Khan tell Flash the Khalsa are already crossing?
(a) The Thames River.
(b) The Sutlej River.
(c) The Mississippi River.
(d) The Gange River.
11. What does Tej Singh give to Flashman as a present?
(a) A silver necklace.
(b) A diamond.
(c) A silk robe.
(d) A gold ring.
12. What does Jeendan want Flash to tell Broadfoot?
(a) To go back to Britain.
(b) To sell the Koh-i-noor.
(c) To withdraw his soldiers from the frontier.
(d) To keep his soldiers at the frontier.
13. What part of America is Campbell from?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
14. What does Jeendan want Flash to witness?
(a) Her meeting with the Khalsa.
(b) Her torture of her brother's killers.
(c) Her acting skills.
(d) Her coronation.
15. Who does Jeedan want to name as wazir?
(a) Lala Singh.
(c) Dalip Singh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maglas's relationship to Singh?
2. Where does Jeendan move her court to?
3. What is the seven-year-old boy holding?
4. Where does Broadfoot say he will leave Flash the codes?
5. What is Flash trying to pose as when he dresses in his best clothes?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)