Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flash notice Jawheer is wearing when he helps her down from her elephant?
(a) A wedding ring.
(b) A british medal.
(c) The Koh-i-noor.
(d) A gold neclace.
2. Whose leadership does Lal Singh say he admires?
(a) Oliver Cromwell's.
(b) Harry Flashman's.
(c) Sir Hugh Gough's.
3. Who does Goolab kill in this section?
(a) A servant.
(b) A Khalsa soldier.
(c) An American tourist.
(d) A British soldier.
4. What name is Alexander Campbell Gardner also known as?
(a) Adip Kalsa.
(b) Sachin Tendulkar.
(c) Gurdana Khan.
(d) Vijay Singh.
5. What does Flash say inspired this memoir?
(a) His visit to the Queen.
(b) His wife's nagging.
(c) A rodeo show.
(d) A poor rendition of the same story.
6. Who does Gough say told him about the young Flashman?
7. Who is Flash talking to at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Queen Elizabeth II.
(b) Queen Victoria.
(c) King George.
(d) The Prince of Wales.
8. Who does Jeedan want to name as wazir?
(a) Dalip Singh.
(d) Lala Singh.
9. What kind of message does Flash write for Broadfoot?
(a) A twitter message.
(b) A coded message.
(c) A telegram message.
(d) A poetic message.
10. What does Jeendan want Flash to tell Broadfoot?
(a) To go back to Britain.
(b) To keep his soldiers at the frontier.
(c) To withdraw his soldiers from the frontier.
(d) To sell the Koh-i-noor.
11. What does Dalip steal in this section?
(a) A purse.
(c) The lead elephant.
(d) The Koh-i-Noor.
12. What has someone rigged to fall and crush Flashman?
(a) A tower.
(b) A chandelier.
(c) The ceiling.
(d) A statue.
13. Who does the seven-year-old boy say he has come to see?
(a) The Afghan leader.
(b) An Englishman.
(c) The great Afghan killer.
(d) A bean seller.
14. What country does Jassa say he serves?
15. What does Jeendan want Flash to witness?
(a) Her coronation.
(b) Her meeting with the Khalsa.
(c) Her torture of her brother's killers.
(d) Her acting skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Broadfoot say the British came out of Afghanistan like?
2. What language did Dr. Johnson learn at the age of seventy?
3. Who does Flash find in his bed at the end of this section?
4. What is Maka Khan's rank in the army?
5. What does Gardner want to do with Jassa?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)