|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Broadfoot say the British came out of Afghanistan like?
2. What kind of animal takes Flash to the meeting?
(a) A horse.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A camel.
(d) An ostrich.
3. What does Dalip do before Flash leaves the room?
(a) He kicks him.
(b) He hugs him.
(c) He kisses him.
(d) He slaps him.
4. What kind of accent does the Highlander speak in?
5. Where does Jeenden say the Khalsa should disperse and wait another season?
(b) South Asia.
(c) The city.
(d) The countryside.
6. What area does Goolab rule?
7. What does Jeendan want Flash to tell Broadfoot?
(a) To keep his soldiers at the frontier.
(b) To sell the Koh-i-noor.
(c) To go back to Britain.
(d) To withdraw his soldiers from the frontier.
8. What does Flash say inspired this memoir?
(a) A rodeo show.
(b) His visit to the Queen.
(c) A poor rendition of the same story.
(d) His wife's nagging.
9. Whose leadership does Lal Singh say he admires?
(b) Oliver Cromwell's.
(c) Harry Flashman's.
(d) Sir Hugh Gough's.
10. What does Flash talk to Lal Singh about?
11. What river does Khan tell Flash the Khalsa are already crossing?
(a) The Thames River.
(b) The Mississippi River.
(c) The Sutlej River.
(d) The Gange River.
12. Where does Khan say he plans to torture Flash?
(a) The cellar.
(b) The garden.
(c) The attic.
(d) The dungeon.
13. Who ordered Flashman's assassination?
14. Who does the seven-year-old boy say he has come to see?
(a) The great Afghan killer.
(b) The Afghan leader.
(c) A bean seller.
(d) An Englishman.
15. Who does Gough say told him about the young Flashman?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Queen say the nabobs call the diamond?
2. What book does Flash see next to his bed?
3. What part of America is Campbell from?
4. What is Maka Khan's rank in the army?
5. What is a wazir?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)