|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of accent does the Highlander speak in?
2. Where do Mrs. Madison and Flash hide when the men enter the billiard room?
(a) Under the billiard table.
(b) Under the the floorboards.
(c) Behind a statue.
(d) Behind the curtain.
3. Who captures Flash in this section?
(a) Rebel soldiers.
(b) British soldiers.
(d) Khalsa soldiers.
4. What code word should Flash use in an emergency?
(c) New York.
5. What country does Jassa say he serves?
6. What is Dalip playing with in his room?
(a) Paper airplanes.
(b) Teddy bears.
(c) Toy soldiers.
7. What country is Joshiah from?
8. What does Dalip do before Flash leaves the room?
(a) He kisses him.
(b) He hugs him.
(c) He kicks him.
(d) He slaps him.
9. How is Dalip related to Jawaheer?
(a) He is his uncle.
(b) He is his cousin.
(c) He is his father.
(d) He is his brother.
10. What does Broadfoot say the British came out of Afghanistan like?
11. Where does the message tell Flash to go to?
(a) The Punjab coronation.
(b) The American embassy.
(c) The French Soldier's caberet.
(d) The British soldier's Christmas party.
12. What kind of animal takes Flash to the meeting?
(a) A camel.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A horse.
(d) An ostrich.
13. What does Flash say the Khalsa are as formidable as?
(a) Any European army.
(b) The Spartans.
(c) The American army.
(d) The Romans.
14. Who does Goolab kill in this section?
(a) An American tourist.
(b) A servant.
(c) A Khalsa soldier.
(d) A British soldier.
15. What does Flash talk to Lal Singh about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Flash trying to pose as when he dresses in his best clothes?
2. What language did Dr. Johnson learn at the age of seventy?
3. What does Flashman say he sees for the first time in this section?
4. What language can Elspeth speak well enough to get her through customs?
5. What name is Alexander Campbell Gardner also known as?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)