|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What code word should Flash use in an emergency?
(a) New York.
2. What does Flash's visitors want after Mangla leaves?
(b) The silver.
(c) The gold.
(d) The statue.
3. Why does Mrs. Madison say she wants to leave?
(a) She is tired.
(b) She is scared.
(c) She is cold.
(d) She needs the bathroom.
4. What does Broadfoot say the British came out of Afghanistan like?
5. What does Tej Singh give to Flashman as a present?
(a) A silk robe.
(b) A silver necklace.
(c) A diamond.
(d) A gold ring.
6. Why did Jawaheer order Flash's assassination?
(a) To win back the Koh-i-noor.
(b) To revenge Flash's father.
(c) To force a war against Britain.
(d) For her own amusement.
7. What does Flash say inspired this memoir?
(a) His visit to the Queen.
(b) His wife's nagging.
(c) A poor rendition of the same story.
(d) A rodeo show.
8. What does Flash drink to calm himself down?
9. Who are burned alongside Jawaheer?
(a) Two criminals.
(b) His children.
(c) His killers.
(d) His widows and slave girls.
10. What does Flash notice Jeendan is doing when she walks back to the tents?
11. How is Dalip related to Jawaheer?
(a) He is his father.
(b) He is his uncle.
(c) He is his brother.
(d) He is his cousin.
12. What does Jeendan want Flash to witness?
(a) Her meeting with the Khalsa.
(b) Her torture of her brother's killers.
(c) Her coronation.
(d) Her acting skills.
13. Whose leadership does Lal Singh say he admires?
(b) Sir Hugh Gough's.
(c) Oliver Cromwell's.
(d) Harry Flashman's.
14. What kind of accent does the Highlander speak in?
15. What does Dalip steal in this section?
(b) A purse.
(c) The lead elephant.
(d) The Koh-i-Noor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country is Joshiah from?
2. What is Maka Khan's rank in the army?
3. What country does Jassa say he serves?
4. What is Flash trying to pose as when he dresses in his best clothes?
5. Where do Jeenden and Flash go for sex?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)