Short Answer Key
Explanatory Note and Chapters 1 & 2 (pages 6-35 and endnotes)
1. Who is Flash talking to at the beginning of the novel?
2. What language can Elspeth speak well enough to get her through customs?
3. What language did Dr. Johnson learn at the age of seventy?
4. What does Flash say inspired this memoir?
His visit to the Queen.
5. Who does Flash describe as artless?
6. What does Queen Victoria want Flash and Elspeth's advice about?
7. What berry does Flash compare the Queen's eyes to?
8. What does the Queen say the nabobs call the diamond?
The Mountain of Light.
9. What does Broadfoot say the British came out of Afghanistan like?
10. Why does Mrs. Madison say she wants to leave?
She is cold.
11. Who does Gough say told him about the...
This section contains 1,937 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)