1. Who is Flash talking to at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The Prince of Wales.
(b) Queen Elizabeth II.
(c) Queen Victoria.
(d) King George.
2. What language can Elspeth speak well enough to get her through customs?
3. What language did Dr. Johnson learn at the age of seventy?
4. What does Flash say inspired this memoir?
(a) His wife's nagging.
(b) His visit to the Queen.
(c) A rodeo show.
(d) A poor rendition of the same story.
5. Who does Flash describe as artless?
(a) Queen Victoria.
6. What does Queen Victoria want Flash and Elspeth's advice about?
(a) Her daughter's wedding.
(b) The Jubilee.
(c) Her son's wedding.
(d) The coronation.
7. What berry does Flash compare the Queen's eyes to?
(a) A blackberry.
(b) A gooseberry.
(c) A raspberry.
(d) A strawberry.
8. What does the Queen say the nabobs call the diamond?
(a) Die Hard.
(b) The Fountain of Youth.
(c) The Sparkling Fool.
(d) The Mountain of Light.
This section contains 3,398 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)