|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Edison open a Kinetoscope parlor?
2. What was one of the biggest threats to the film industry in the 1930s?
3. What did Meissonier's conversion of Muybridge's photographs create?
4. Which world-class, renowned filmmaker stayed made propaganda films for Hitler?
5. Which artist pushed the boundaries on sex and violence on film?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Method acting.
2. How did Germany's film industry attempt to recover from World War II?
3. What were some of the political issues that made their way into 1970s Hollywood?
4. How and why did the quality of mass-produced films diminish in the 1980s?
5. How did Hollywood join the war effort in the forties?
6. How did Great Britain's entertainment industry fare in the 1970s?
7. How did the American motion picture industry face their economic downfall in the 1990s?
8. Why and how did commercial conglomerates help support the American film industry in the 1960s?
9. In what ways did Japanese cinema flourish in the fifties?
10. Describe the film industry in the USSR after the first World War.
Essay Topic 1
How did the social revolution of the sixties change the American film industry?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the evolution of acting, from the silent film star to the Method actor and even to the modern megastar.
Essay Topic 3
How did greed help shape Hollywood? In what ways did Eli Whitney and the Patent Company set the standard business model in Hollywood with the strict purpose of making more money?
This section contains 1,620 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)