Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What early realization helped films develop both special effects and story lines?
2. In what era did early film begin to primarily grow?
3. What were the only restrictions placed on directors in the 1920s?
4. Who helped Edison open a Kinetoscope parlor?
5. What event in America caused studios to realize that the movie-going public needed entertainment over grim realism?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led to the mass migration of film production from New York and New Jersey to California?
2. Who were some of the great directors and their innovative storytelling techniques from Hollywood in the 1940s?
3. Who was Pedro Almodovar?
4. How and why did the quality of mass-produced films diminish in the 1980s?
5. Who were some of the top independent filmmakers of the 1990s and what were some of their works?
6. How did the Vietnam War change the culture of America in regards to Hollywood?
7. Describe the film industry in Ireland in the 1990s.
8. What were popular themes in early German films?
9. How did Germany's film industry attempt to recover from World War II?
10. How did the "New Model" come to be formed in 1985?
What were David Wark Griffith's main contributions to the early cinema? In what ways are his contributions overshadowed by the content of his films? Should these be factors in considering the achievements wrought by his work?
Discuss the detrimental effects of the studio system on the creative process.
How did cinema both aid and depict the struggles for equal rights in America?
This section contains 1,151 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)