|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what year was a diary entry discovered as having discussed the beginnings of projections?
2. By what year did "talkies" take over Hollywood?
3. During the Golden Age, what part of the film was frequently lost in favor of the star performer's special skills?
4. What was one of the biggest threats to the film industry in the 1930s?
(a) Filming on location.
(d) The war.
5. Which company became renowned for their animation in the early years of World War II?
(b) Warner Bros.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which world-class, renowned filmmaker stayed made propaganda films for Hitler?
2. For what reason did many great artists leave Europe for America in the 1930s?
3. Which of the following was not one of the main focuses of the film-making committees in the Golden Age of the Studio?
4. What was Charlie Chaplin's film persona?
5. Which of the following was not one of the Little Three in the Golden Age of the Studio?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was David Wark Griffith?
2. How did the film industry begin to suffer after the advent of talkies?
3. How did the governor of California's commission for horse photography develop into Meissonier's project in creating the illusion of moving pictures?
4. What were the differences between early films from the United States and Europe?
5. Who were some of the popular stars from the 1920s and of what did their acts consist?
6. How did Hollywood join the war effort in the forties?
7. Aside from the Kinetoscope, what were some early advances in technology that led to the creation of the moving picture?
8. What were popular themes in early German films?
9. How did the House of Un-American Activities Committee bring Hollywood's booming economy and artistic success to a screeching halt in the late forties?
10. What led to the mass migration of film production from New York and New Jersey to California?
This section contains 1,189 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)