|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group was formed in 1908 with the intention to further develop the Kinetoscope technology?
(a) Screen Actors Guild.
(b) American Federation of Television and Radio Actors.
(c) The Film D'Art.
(d) Actor's Equity.
2. What sort of documentaries dominated the filmmaking business in America in the 1940s?
(d) Actor's biographies.
3. Which artist pushed the boundaries on sex and violence on film?
(a) F.W. Murnau.
(b) Frida Kahlo.
(c) Salvador Dali.
(d) Fritz Lang.
4. In what style did the French produce their films?
5. What visual effect did Abel Gance develop?
(d) Staged combat.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what entertainment aspect did Orson Welles tap in order to innovate the ways films were made?
2. What early realization helped films develop both special effects and story lines?
3. What aspect of the newly-heard dialogue in the Golden Age made audiences uneasy?
4. What did the formation of the Patent Company force theaters showing their films to do?
5. Who helped Edison open a Kinetoscope parlor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Britain's Golden Age.
2. What were the differences between early films from the United States and Europe?
3. Why did American and European studios start producing films together in the 1990s?
4. How was the status quo of Hollywood's biggest revenue and adaptations altered in the new millennium?
5. How did television damage the film industry?
6. How did the "New Model" come to be formed in 1985?
7. How did the improved economy in Latin America affect their film industry?
8. Who was David Wark Griffith?
9. What were some of the prominent trends in European cinema in the 1950s?
10. What were some of the trends in American films during the 1970s?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)