|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Harold Lloyd's trademark?
2. Which of the following was not one of the the Big Five studios in the Golden Age of the Studio?
(c) Warner Bros.
3. What percentage of the American film industry's gross profits came from Great Britain in the early years of the industry?
4. What style of art influenced Alfred Hitchcock the most, particularly in his early work?
(a) Theater of the Absurd.
(c) Theater of Cruelty.
5. What sort of films did Jean Cocteau create in France in the 1930s?
(c) Period dramas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words can be used to describe the films that were produced during the early years of the Golden Age?
2. The two main regions involved in film production before the move to California were New York and _________.
3. Upon whose model of mass production did the Hollywood studio system manufacture films in the Golden Age?
4. What did Meissonier's conversion of Muybridge's photographs create?
5. From what year was a diary entry discovered as having discussed the beginnings of projections?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Production Code come into existence and what were some of the effects it had on films?
2. Who was David Wark Griffith?
3. How did the film industry begin to suffer after the advent of talkies?
4. Describe the film industry in the USSR after the first World War.
5. Discuss the financial status of American films and how this led to the rise of the studios during the early years of Hollywood's Golden Age of the Studio.
6. What were the differences between early films from the United States and Europe?
7. Who were some of the great directors and their innovative storytelling techniques from Hollywood in the 1940s?
8. What led to the mass migration of film production from New York and New Jersey to California?
9. How did the governor of California's commission for horse photography develop into Meissonier's project in creating the illusion of moving pictures?
10. Why did so many artists leave Europe in the thirties and how did this effect the film industry?
This section contains 1,263 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)