|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flashback: A Brief History of Film Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what year did "talkies" take over Hollywood?
2. What style of acting became popular in films in the 1950s?
3. What political event helped shape American cinema in the 1970s?
(a) Kennedy assassination.
(c) The fall of the Berlin Wall.
(d) Ollie North's resignation.
4. What is the other term for the Angry Young Man movement?
(a) Pinter Pause realism.
(b) Uprising Cockney.
(c) Chekhovian absurdity.
(d) Kitchen Sink realism.
5. Who revolutionized the way films were shot on-location through such "studios on wheels" such as the Cinemobile Mark IV?
(a) Alfred Hitchcock.
(b) Ingmar Bergman.
(c) David Lynch.
(d) Fouad Said.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reasons did filmmakers simplify camera work in the 1980s?
2. Filmmaker Jean Renoir was the son of what influential artist?
3. What was the name of the freedom in cinema enjoyed by Eastern European filmmakers after 1985?
4. What hindered filmmakers in China during the 1990s?
5. For what did the American film-going public demand in regards to the subjects of films in the 1980s?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)