|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flashback: A Brief History of Film Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did films from the Third World go about crossing the language barrier for international audiences?
(b) Silent movie tactics were employed.
(d) Scripts were handed out at movie premieres.
2. What was the biggest international hit from the 1990s that came from Eastern Europe?
(a) "No Man's Land."
(b) "4 Months, 3 Weeks, 2 Days."
(c) "Nochnoi Dozor."
3. How large was the tax on foreign film earning in Britain after World War II?
4. With country did the poetic realistic cinema flourish?
5. What region became renowned for their film adaptations of literary classics?
(a) Southern Japan.
(c) Eastern Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the War Department in America ban some of the political movies made during World War II?
2. From what country did director Ingmar Bergman come?
3. For what reasons did filmmakers simplify camera work in the 1980s?
4. What program in Britain flourished in the 1990s?
5. What hindered filmmakers in China during the 1990s?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)