|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flashback: A Brief History of Film Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group was formed in 1908 with the intention to further develop the Kinetoscope technology?
(a) Actor's Equity.
(b) The Film D'Art.
(c) American Federation of Television and Radio Actors.
(d) Screen Actors Guild.
2. During the World War II, what types of films did the governments in Europe support?
(a) Escapist comedies.
(b) Historical dramas.
(d) Sweeping epics.
3. What was Harold Lloyd's trademark?
4. Which continent dominated the international film market in the sixties?
(c) South America.
(d) North America.
5. What is the other term for the Angry Young Man movement?
(a) Uprising Cockney.
(b) Chekhovian absurdity.
(c) Pinter Pause realism.
(d) Kitchen Sink realism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which European country's film industry was the most devastated after World War II?
2. Who revolutionized the way films were shot on-location through such "studios on wheels" such as the Cinemobile Mark IV?
3. Which of the following was not one of the main focuses of the film-making committees in the Golden Age of the Studio?
4. Due to the cinema's reflection of the American public's distrust of the government, what began to happen to the movie theater?
5. In what year did the stock market crash in America, causing film investors to pull out of Hollywood?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)