|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flashback: A Brief History of Film Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did country made a decent splash in the nineties for films, though ended up losing several of their most talented filmmakers and artists to Hollywood?
2. What event in Eastern Europe caused their film market to struggle mightily in the last decade of the twentieth century?
(a) The death of Stalin.
(b) The independence of China.
(c) The fall of the Berlin Wall.
(d) The fall of Communism.
3. What were the only restrictions placed on directors in the 1920s?
(a) They had to stay within their budget.
(b) They had to work subliminal advertising into their films.
(c) They were not allowed to take a bigger cut of the movie's profits than the actors.
(d) They could only use one "star" at a time.
4. What event in America caused studios to realize that the movie-going public needed entertainment over grim realism?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Great Depression.
(c) World War I.
5. Who was the top female filmmaker in Italy from the seventies?
(a) Valeria Patroni.
(b) Lucia de Talita.
(c) Diane Kurys.
(d) Lena Wertmuller.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reasons did Japanese films escape censorship from their government in their Golden Age?
2. Upon whose model of mass production did the Hollywood studio system manufacture films in the Golden Age?
3. For what reason did many great artists leave Europe for America in the 1930s?
4. Which of the following was not one of the experiments conducted by film studios in the 1950s in order to change the size of their screens?
5. In what genre did Yugoslavia excel in the sixties?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)