|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flashback: A Brief History of Film Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the early days of World War II, why did Britain have trouble maintaining their film industry?
(c) Denouncement of British films from Hitler.
(d) Bomb threats.
2. The Kinetoscope was developed by Thomas Edison and _______ _______.
(a) Eadward Muybridge.
(b) William Dickson.
(c) Norman Raff.
(d) Jean Louis Meissonier.
3. What was created in order to satisfy the demands of the Catholic Church (among others) in the 1930s?
(a) Production Code.
(b) Hayes Code.
(c) Decency Council.
4. Which artist pushed the boundaries on sex and violence on film?
(a) Salvador Dali.
(b) Fritz Lang.
(c) Frida Kahlo.
(d) F.W. Murnau.
5. Why did the War Department in America ban some of the political movies made during World War II?
(a) The government wanted to keep Americans ignorant of the war overseas.
(b) The visuals were too realistic.
(c) Films from the War Department had been leaked to Hollywood.
(d) The filmmakers inadvertently gave away state secrets.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what genre did RKO specialize during the Golden Age?
2. Which company became renowned for their animation in the early years of World War II?
3. Which director became renowned for his use of long takes to evoke a darker mood?
4. Which director, during America in the 1940s, became renowned for film adaptations of literature?
5. In 1947, what did the House of Un-American Activities Committee began to investigate?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)