|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flashback: A Brief History of Film Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped Edison open a Kinetoscope parlor?
(a) Eadward Muybridge.
(b) William Dickson.
(c) Jean Louis Meissonier.
(d) Norman Raff.
2. What was Harold Lloyd's trademark?
3. What comedy team became popular (and necessary) during the studio's push for pure entertainment in the earlier decades of the Golden Age?
(a) Laurel and Hardy.
(b) Marx Brothers.
(c) Wilber and Woolsley.
(d) Abbott and Costello.
4. Which of the following was not one of the Little Three in the Golden Age of the Studio?
(a) United Artists.
5. In the first several decades of the film industry, European films focused on the artists, while American films focused on the _______.
(a) Political statements.
(d) Sociological value.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the only restrictions placed on directors in the 1920s?
2. In what year did Edison help to open a Kinetoscope parlor?
3. Why did the independent filmmakers head for California while the Patent Company existed?
4. What early realization helped films develop both special effects and story lines?
5. What animal did Eadward Muybridge photograph?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)