|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flashback: A Brief History of Film Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What film helped open up the world to the power of British filmmaking in the 1930s?
(a) "The Once and Future King."
(c) "The Private Life of Henry VIII."
(d) "Strangers on a Train."
2. Upon whose model of mass production did the Hollywood studio system manufacture films in the Golden Age?
(a) F.W. Murnau.
(b) Orson Welles.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) Eli Whitney.
3. What technological breakthrough hurt the film industry in America?
4. What influenced the audience's desire for music and voices to be added to films?
(a) The terrible quality of the live music provided for the film.
(c) Charlie Chaplin's singing voice.
5. What sort of documentaries dominated the filmmaking business in America in the 1940s?
(b) Actor's biographies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of the biggest threats to the film industry in the 1930s?
2. What was Harry Langdon's film persona?
3. The Kinetoscope was developed by Thomas Edison and _______ _______.
4. With what film technique did European filmmakers begin experimenting?
5. When Hitler came to power, what did Europe lose in their film industry?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)