|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flashback: A Brief History of Film Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What style of art influenced Alfred Hitchcock the most, particularly in his early work?
(c) Theater of Cruelty.
(d) Theater of the Absurd.
2. As the studios bowed to pressure from outside groups during the Golden Age, what was one of the effects seen on the gangster movies?
(a) The films became morality tales.
(b) Violence was removed.
(c) Women were not allowed behind the camera.
(d) Gangster films were banned.
3. What was Harry Langdon's film persona?
(a) The tramp.
(b) The baby.
(c) The ladies' man.
(d) The swashbuckler.
4. After what major event did film gain popularity in the USSR?
(a) World War I.
(b) Death of Rasputin.
(c) Russian Revolution.
(d) World War II.
5. In what decade were silent films perfected?
Short Answer Questions
1. What fear arose about an audience's viewing experience as films grew longer?
2. As studios struggled to find the balance between pragmatism and idealism in the early decades of the Golden Age, which of the following people was not one of the great directors to innovate filmmaking in this period?
3. What percentage of the American film industry's gross profits came from Great Britain in the early years of the industry?
4. What influenced the audience's desire for music and voices to be added to films?
5. With what film technique did European filmmakers begin experimenting?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)