|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flashback: A Brief History of Film Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what film technique did European filmmakers begin experimenting?
(c) Special effects.
2. What editor displayed the emotional impact of crowd scenes on film?
(a) Fritz Lang.
(b) F.W. Murnau.
(c) Sergei Einstein.
(d) Lev Kulshov.
3. What was one reason comedy shorts became so popular in the 1920s?
(a) The audiences did not need to follow a plot.
(b) The stories were presented in serial format.
(c) The tabloid era had begun.
(d) The actors all had scandalous lives.
4. What early realization helped films develop both special effects and story lines?
(a) Reels could be cut together.
(b) Cameras could be operated by one man.
(c) The films should be longer.
(d) Filming the weather was not intriguing enough for audiences.
5. What was Harold Lloyd's trademark?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal did Eadward Muybridge photograph?
2. What were the only restrictions placed on directors in the 1920s?
3. Which artist pushed the boundaries on sex and violence on film?
4. What group was formed in 1908 with the intention to further develop the Kinetoscope technology?
5. What was the standard amount of time devoted to creating a picture during David Wark Griffith's development of film?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)