|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flashback: A Brief History of Film Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following comedians was not one of the silent film stars from the 1920s?
(a) Lou Costello.
(b) Harold Lloyd.
(c) Charlie Chaplin.
(d) Buster Keaton.
2. In what era did early film begin to primarily grow?
(a) Golden Era.
(b) Silent Era.
(c) Moving Era.
(d) Nickelodean Era.
3. In what year did Edison help to open a Kinetoscope parlor?
4. What was Harry Langdon's film persona?
(a) The tramp.
(b) The baby.
(c) The swashbuckler.
(d) The ladies' man.
5. With what film technique did European filmmakers begin experimenting?
(a) Special effects.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Meissonier's conversion of Muybridge's photographs create?
2. What was the standard amount of time devoted to creating a picture during David Wark Griffith's development of film?
3. After what major event did film gain popularity in the USSR?
4. For what company did Griffith work?
5. Which director from Germany became known for his films about history with injections of off-handed comedy?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)