|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flashback: A Brief History of Film Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What declined per America's changing tastes and desire for more sophisticated films in the 1950s?
(a) Story lines.
(b) Independent films.
(c) Star power.
2. In the first several decades of the film industry, European films focused on the artists, while American films focused on the _______.
(c) Political statements.
(d) Sociological value.
3. What was the focus of Russian documentaries after World War II, as ordered by Stalin?
(a) Historical dramas.
(b) Sweeping epics.
(d) Russian nationalism.
4. Who helped Edison open a Kinetoscope parlor?
(a) Norman Raff.
(b) William Dickson.
(c) Jean Louis Meissonier.
(d) Eadward Muybridge.
5. The two main regions involved in film production before the move to California were New York and _________.
(c) New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon whose model of mass production did the Hollywood studio system manufacture films in the Golden Age?
2. Which director became renowned for his use of long takes to evoke a darker mood?
3. What sort of performers were ideal candidates for comedy shorts in the 1920s?
4. What was one of the biggest threats to the film industry in the 1930s?
5. After what major event did film gain popularity in the USSR?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)