|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flashback: A Brief History of Film Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Italian director Luchino Visconti's title in his home country?
(a) The Duke of Modrone.
(b) The Duke of Conti.
(c) The Baron of Venice.
(d) The Baron of Sicily.
2. In what year did the stock market crash in America, causing film investors to pull out of Hollywood?
3. What was the focus of Russian documentaries after World War II, as ordered by Stalin?
(a) Sweeping epics.
(b) Historical dramas.
(d) Russian nationalism.
4. Which continent dominated the international film market in the sixties?
(a) South America.
(c) North America.
5. What was created in order to satisfy the demands of the Catholic Church (among others) in the 1930s?
(a) Decency Council.
(b) Production Code.
(c) Hayes Code.
Short Answer Questions
1. Post-World War II, who was Italy's most prominent director?
2. What style of art influenced Alfred Hitchcock the most, particularly in his early work?
3. When Hitler came to power, what did Europe lose in their film industry?
4. What became the focus of American cinema in the seventies?
5. How large was the tax on foreign film earning in Britain after World War II?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)