|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flashback: A Brief History of Film Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the social revolution of the sixties in America, how did Hollywood compensate for their budget cuts?
(a) Lower budget movies were promoted in the biggest studios.
(b) They cut back on the amount of films made.
(c) Salaries of the technical designers were cut.
(d) They invested heavily in Wall Street.
2. What sort of films did Jean Cocteau create in France in the 1930s?
(d) Period dramas.
3. During the 1960s in Hollywood, what was the main focus in the industry's mainstream films?
(b) International relations.
(d) Political awareness.
4. In France's New Wave, filmmakers experimented with mixing _____.
(a) Location shoots.
5. What sort of music became popular for movie soundtracks in the sixties?
(a) Rock music.
(b) Jazz music.
(c) Classical music.
(d) Ragtime music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What became the new standard screen ratio for films in the 1950s?
2. For what reason did many great artists leave Europe for America in the 1930s?
3. Upon whose model of mass production did the Hollywood studio system manufacture films in the Golden Age?
4. What were the primary goal's of German films after World War II?
5. When Britain began to focus on literary and theatrical stage adaptations for their film industry in the years surrounding World War II, what renowned actor became particularly lauded for his work in this area?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)