|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Flashback: A Brief History of Film Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the Golden Age, what part of the film was frequently lost in favor of the star performer's special skills?
2. What sort of music became popular for movie soundtracks in the sixties?
(a) Jazz music.
(b) Classical music.
(c) Ragtime music.
(d) Rock music.
3. What percentage of the American film industry's gross profits came from Great Britain in the early years of the industry?
4. Which European country's film industry was the most devastated after World War II?
5. What were the primary goal's of German films after World War II?
(a) Promoting the country's worth.
(b) Correcting Nazi propaganda.
(c) Entertainment for the masses.
(d) Asking other countries for help.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which company became renowned for their animation in the early years of World War II?
2. During the early seventies in America cinema, which of the following was not one of the main themes explored?
3. At the end of the 1950s, how many homes in America had a television set?
4. As studios struggled to find the balance between pragmatism and idealism in the early decades of the Golden Age, which of the following people was not one of the great directors to innovate filmmaking in this period?
5. What was the focus of Italy's films in the years around World War II?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)