|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Flashman give himself in Chapter 10?
2. Who dies at the end of Chapter 9?
3. What does Flashman say he must do in court?
4. Why does Flashman say he is reluctant to divulge anything to the court?
5. What does Anderson say is the first thing the plaintiff must show?
Essay Topic 1
What did Cassy suffer as a slave in the 1850s? What would Cassy's life have been like if she had been born in today's America?
Essay Topic 2
Examine sex in the book.
1. How do the characters in the book view sex?
2. How did 1850s American and British society view sex?
3. How did the public react to the book's sex when it was first published? How would the public react to a similar book today?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)