|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John say he does not mind the way Flashman looks at his wife?
2. What name does Flashman give himself aboard the boat?
3. What do the well-armed men leave outside the bar?
4. What name does Flashman give himself in Chapter 10?
5. What is the name of the prosecutor's assistant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lincoln tell Buck in Chapter 12?
2. What opinion does Lincoln give about slavery in Chapter 13?
3. What does Baily tell Flashman about slavery in America in Chapter 13?
4. What does Flashman think about Annie's refusal to socialize with him after sex?
5. How do Flashman and Cassy escape Buck Robinson and his men?
6. What does Anderson state that the plaintiff must show?
7. How does Lincoln ease Flashman's worries in Chapter 13?
8. How does Flashman manage to escape the U.S. Navy?
9. What is John's relationship with his wife, Annie?
10. How does Flashman's situation differ from Randolph's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interactions with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
What were the arguments for and against slavery in the 1850s? What are Fraser's opinions on putting an end to slavery in the 1850s and how does he express them? Do you agree or disagree with Fraser's opinion?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)