|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the two slaves Anderson examines?
2. How does Flashman say he is related to Tom Little?
3. What does Mrs. Payne disapprove of Flashman doing in Chapter 11?
4. How does Annie want Flashman to punish Hermia?
5. What does Flashman say Marcellus Anderson is quick to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Drusilla and Messalina recall in court?
2. How does Flashman manage to escape the U.S. Navy?
3. Why does Peter Omohundro present a problem in Chapter 9?
4. What opinion does Lincoln give about slavery in Chapter 13?
5. What does Lincoln tell Buck in Chapter 12?
6. How does Flashman's situation differ from Randolph's?
7. Why does Flashman decide to lie in court?
8. What does Cassy tell Flashman about her life thus far?
9. How do John and his men decide to deal with Flashman?
10. What does Cassy say will happen to them both if the authorities catch them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following people and outline his/her influence on Flashman's life:
4. Abraham Lincoln.
Essay Topic 2
The author wrote FLASH FOR FREEDOM! in the first person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the third person?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)