Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bits does Flashman say he omits from his story to Lincoln?
2. Who dies at the end of Chapter 9?
3. Where does Flashman say he wants to head once he has enough money?
4. What does Anderson say is the first thing the plaintiff must show?
5. What is the name of the river that is the boundary between slave and free states?
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
In what way does Flashman's lifestyle show him as an anti-hero? How does Flashman's lifestyle go against English society during the 1850s? What does it say about British society in the 1850s that someone like Flashman could become famous?
Why does Fraser end the book as he does? In what other ways could he have ended the book? What meaning would that new ending have given the book?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)