Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bits does Flashman say he omits from his story to Lincoln?
2. Who dies at the end of Chapter 9?
3. Where does Flashman say he wants to head once he has enough money?
4. What does Anderson say is the first thing the plaintiff must show?
5. What is the name of the river that is the boundary between slave and free states?
Examine sex in the book.
1. How do the characters in the book view sex?
2. How did 1850s American and British society view sex?
3. How did the public react to the book's sex when it was first published? How would the public react to a similar book today?
The author wrote FLASH FOR FREEDOM! in the first person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the third person?
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)