|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing Annie is wearing when she reappears from her bedroom?
2. What part of Flashman's body did Robinson's men shoot?
3. Where does Buck Robinson say he saw the wanted poster?
4. What does Baily say slavery divides?
5. Why does John say he does not mind the way Flashman looks at his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cassy tell Flashman about her life thus far?
2. How does Flashman find a job in Chapter 10?
3. How does Flashman deal with Omohundro?
4. What does Flashman soon realize about the trial?
5. How is Randolph killed in Chapter 9?
6. What do Drusilla and Messalina recall in court?
7. Why does Peter Omohundro present a problem in Chapter 9?
8. How does Flashman's situation differ from Randolph's?
9. What does Flashman think about Annie's refusal to socialize with him after sex?
10. What are the charges against Spring?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following historical figures in Fraser's book and discuss how Fraser represents him/her in FLASH FOR FREEDOM! and why he represents that person in that manner? Are there people who would argue against Fraser's representation of that person's life?
1. Abraham Lincoln.
2. Benjamin Disraeli.
3. King Gezo.
4. Fanny Locke.
Essay Topic 2
In what way does Flashman's lifestyle show him as an anti-hero? How does Flashman's lifestyle go against English society during the 1850s? What does it say about British society in the 1850s that someone like Flashman could become famous?
Essay Topic 3
What was Spring's life like as a slave trader? Why does Spring make such a successful slave trader? How did he justify the work to himself?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)