Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bits does Flashman say he omits from his story to Lincoln?
2. Who dies at the end of Chapter 9?
3. Where does Flashman say he wants to head once he has enough money?
4. What does Anderson say is the first thing the plaintiff must show?
5. What is the name of the river that is the boundary between slave and free states?
Choose one of the following historical figures in Fraser's book and discuss how Fraser represents him/her in FLASH FOR FREEDOM! and why he represents that person in that manner? Are there people who would argue against Fraser's representation of that person's life?
1. Abraham Lincoln.
2. Benjamin Disraeli.
3. King Gezo.
4. Fanny Locke.
Examine Flashman's character across the whole series.
1. How does the author develop Flashman's character across the whole series?
2. What new elements does FLASH FOR FREEDOM! add to Flash's character?
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interactions with each other?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)