|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anderson say is the first thing the plaintiff must show?
2. Who does Flashman demand the Americans hand him over to?
3. To what state does Jim Bakewell want to go?
4. What is the name of the prosecutor's assistant?
5. What does Flashman threaten to do to Randolph does not stop complaining?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Baily tell Flashman about slavery in America in Chapter 13?
2. What is John's relationship with his wife, Annie?
3. How do Flashman and Cassy escape Buck Robinson and his men?
4. How does Flashman manage to escape the U.S. Navy?
5. Why does Peter Omohundro present a problem in Chapter 9?
6. What does Flashman soon realize about the trial?
7. Why does Cassy associate freedom with Britain?
8. What is Cassy's opinion of men?
9. How does Cassy kill Tom and George?
10. What does Anderson state that the plaintiff must show?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Cassy suffer as a slave in the 1850s? What would Cassy's life have been like if she had been born in today's America?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following people and outline his/her influence on Flashman's life:
4. Abraham Lincoln.
Essay Topic 3
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)