|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the prosecutor?
2. What does Cassy save Flashman from?
3. What does Flashman force the posse to do when he points his gun at Robinson?
4. How does Annie want Flashman to punish Hermia?
5. What does Flashman say Marcellus Anderson is quick to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What opinion does Lincoln give about slavery in Chapter 13?
2. What does Lincoln tell Buck in Chapter 12?
3. How is Randolph killed in Chapter 9?
4. What do Drusilla and Messalina recall in court?
5. How does Flashman manage to escape the U.S. Navy?
6. Why does Cassy associate freedom with Britain?
7. Why does Peter Omohundro present a problem in Chapter 9?
8. How do Flashman and Cassy escape Buck Robinson and his men?
9. How does Flashman deal with Omohundro?
10. What is John's relationship with his wife, Annie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of the 1850s.
1. In what ways are the characters a product of their time?
2. How does the book express the changes America was going through at the time?
3. Does modern society share any values with 1850s Russia?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent. How did the author adapt it for his book?
1. The abolitionist movement.
2. The slave trade.
3. Southern America culture.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)