|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cassy's full name?
2. What is the only thing Annie is wearing when she reappears from her bedroom?
3. What does the court say they want from Flashman?
4. What is the name of the slave girl with whom Flashman sleeps?
5. What does Flashman say he is now trading?
Short Essay Questions
1. What opinion does Lincoln give about slavery in Chapter 13?
2. How does Lincoln ease Flashman's worries in Chapter 13?
3. How do Flashman and Cassy escape Buck Robinson and his men?
4. Why does Flashman decide to lie in court?
5. How does Flashman deal with Omohundro?
6. What does Cassy say will happen to them both if the authorities catch them?
7. What are the charges against Spring?
8. How does Cassy kill Tom and George?
9. How does Flashman manage to escape the U.S. Navy?
10. How do John and his men decide to deal with Flashman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent. How did the author adapt it for his book?
1. The abolitionist movement.
2. The slave trade.
3. Southern America culture.
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of the following people and outline his/her influence on Flashman's life:
4. Abraham Lincoln.
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)