Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bits does Flashman say he omits from his story to Lincoln?
2. Who dies at the end of Chapter 9?
3. Where does Flashman say he wants to head once he has enough money?
4. What does Anderson say is the first thing the plaintiff must show?
5. What is the name of the river that is the boundary between slave and free states?
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interactions with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Flashman's character across the whole series.
1. How does the author develop Flashman's character across the whole series?
2. What new elements does FLASH FOR FREEDOM! add to Flash's character?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)