|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what state does Jim Bakewell want to go?
2. Where does Flashman say he wants to head once he has enough money?
3. What are the names of the two slaves Anderson examines?
4. What does Cassy say will happen to her if they are caught?
5. What does Flashman force the posse to do when he points his gun at Robinson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interactions with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent. How did the author adapt it for his book?
1. The abolitionist movement.
2. The slave trade.
3. Southern America culture.
Essay Topic 3
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)