|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bits does Flashman say he omits from his story to Lincoln?
2. Who dies at the end of Chapter 9?
3. Where does Flashman say he wants to head once he has enough money?
4. What does Anderson say is the first thing the plaintiff must show?
5. What is the name of the river that is the boundary between slave and free states?
Essay Topic 1
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
What did Cassy suffer as a slave in the 1850s? What would Cassy's life have been like if she had been born in today's America?
Essay Topic 3
What does Fraser say about debauchery? How does he use the main characters and story to express his view?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)