|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lincoln say Cassy will never wear again?
2. Who does Flashman start to long for as Christmas approaches?
3. Who dies at the end of Chapter 9?
4. Who does Flashman ask for passage back to England?
5. What country does Baily think owns Balliol College?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is John's relationship with his wife, Annie?
2. How does Flashman deal with Omohundro?
3. How does Cassy kill Tom and George?
4. How does Lincoln ease Flashman's worries in Chapter 13?
5. How do John and his men decide to deal with Flashman?
6. What does Baily tell Flashman about slavery in America in Chapter 13?
7. What are the charges against Spring?
8. How do Flashman and Cassy escape Buck Robinson and his men?
9. Why does Cassy associate freedom with Britain?
10. What is Cassy's opinion of men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Spring's life like as a slave trader? Why does Spring make such a successful slave trader? How did he justify the work to himself?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interactions with each other?
Essay Topic 3
In what way does Flashman's lifestyle show him as an anti-hero? How does Flashman's lifestyle go against English society during the 1850s? What does it say about British society in the 1850s that someone like Flashman could become famous?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)