|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country will the women's value increase if they are pregnant?
2. What kind of work does Crixus compare freeing slaves to?
3. In what language does Spring speak to Flashman?
4. Who offers Flashman sexual favors in this chapter?
5. To what does Flashman compare the Balliol College?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Flashman see as he approaches Apokoto?
2. Why does Flashman think people against the slave trade are full of hypocrisy?
3. Why does Crixus want Flashman to escort Randolph?
4. How does Flashman describe King Gezo?
5. Why does Lincoln suspect Flashman is lying?
6. How does Susie Willnick help out Flashman?
7. How does Spring's reaction to the Amazons differ from the reactions of his crew?
8. Why does Flashman think Elspeth's child is not his?
9. Why is Flashman's decision to stand for Parliament seen as a good thing all round?
10. What happens to Looney in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author wrote FLASH FOR FREEDOM! in the first person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the third person?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Fraser end the book as he does? In what other ways could he have ended the book? What meaning would that new ending have given the book?
Essay Topic 3
What does Fraser say about debauchery? How does he use the main characters and story to express his view?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)