|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As what does Flashman immediately label Randolp?
2. What game does Bentick suggest they play?
3. What is the name of the organization Crixus claims saves souls?
4. What does Flashman say could endanger prosecution?
5. What did Flashman inherit from his grandfather, Paget?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Comber tell Flashman in this section?
2. What does Flashman pack with him to take to Louisiana?
3. What is Lincoln's opinion of the Californian Gold Rush?
4. Why does Flashman think people against the slave trade are full of hypocrisy?
5. What does Flashman see as he approaches Apokoto?
6. How does Flashman's seasickness affect him aboard the Balliol College?
7. What does Crixus tell Flashman about the Underground Railroad?
8. In what way does life aboard the ship worsen as she enters the Carribbean?
9. What is Sullivan's opinion of Spring?
10. How does Flashman describe King Gezo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine their real life equivalent. How did the author adapt it for his book?
1. The abolitionist movement.
2. The slave trade.
3. Southern America culture.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)