Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flashman say his name is when he arrives in America?
2. What does Flashman visualize as Bryant lies in a coma?
3. Who becomes the butt of everyone's jokes in Chapter 2?
4. What is the name of the bald man the navy officers lead Flashman to?
5. In what country will the women's value increase if they are pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Spring and his crew try to leave Apokoto?
2. How does Flashman manage to escape the U.S. Navy?
3. How does Flashman get the Americans on his side?
4. What does the reader learn about Amazons in this section?
5. What is Abraham's opinion of slaves?
6. What does Cassy say will happen to them both if the authorities catch them?
7. How does Flashman describe King Gezo?
8. Why does Flashman think Elspeth's child is not his?
9. Why does Peter Omohundro present a problem in Chapter 9?
10. What does Lincoln tell Buck in Chapter 12?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Fraser end the book as he does? In what other ways could he have ended the book? What meaning would that new ending have given the book?
Essay Topic 3
The author wrote FLASH FOR FREEDOM! in the first person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the third person?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)