|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Flashman longing for aboard the ship?
2. To what does Flashman compare Randolph's face?
3. What does Morrison say is coming to Britain?
4. How is Fanny related to Locke?
5. What did Flashman inherit from his grandfather, Paget?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does life aboard the ship worsen as she enters the Carribbean?
2. How does Flashman settle into life once he arrives in Louisiana?
3. Why does Flashman think people against the slave trade are full of hypocrisy?
4. Why does Flashman think Elspeth's child is not his?
5. What is Lincoln's opinion of the Californian Gold Rush?
6. How does Susie Willnick help out Flashman?
7. What does Flashman soon realize about the trial?
8. Why is Flashman so disappointed in Lady Caroline Lamb?
9. How does Flashman manage to escape the U.S. Navy?
10. What regrets does Spring have about his life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way does Flashman's lifestyle show him as an anti-hero? How does Flashman's lifestyle go against English society during the 1850s? What does it say about British society in the 1850s that someone like Flashman could become famous?
Essay Topic 2
What does Fraser say about debauchery? How does he use the main characters and story to express his view?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 1,281 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)