|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who treats Comber in this section?
2. What does Crixus offer to send to London ahead of Flashman's arrival?
3. What does Comber ask Flashman if he opposes?
4. When does Kirk say slaving was good?
5. What is the name of Crixus' extraordinary slave?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Spring deal with the slaves once they are aboard the ship?
2. What happens when Spring and his crew try to leave Apokoto?
3. Why does Lincoln suspect Flashman is lying?
4. What is Abraham's opinion of slaves?
5. How does Flashman plan to escape at the end of Chapter 6?
6. What is Sullivan's opinion of Spring?
7. How does Spring's reaction to the Amazons differ from the reactions of his crew?
8. What does Comber tell Flashman in this section?
9. How does Flashman know the Balliol College is a slaver ship?
10. What does Flashman pack with him to take to Louisiana?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
What does Fraser say about debauchery? How does he use the main characters and story to express his view?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)