|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flashman call his female slave?
2. What does Morrison say is coming to Britain?
3. Where does the name Crixus come from?
4. What kind of female warriors does Flashman see in the third section?
5. In which city does Flashman think an Amazon woman would draw a big price?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Flashman almost kill Bryant?
2. What is happening in England when Flashman returns?
3. Why is Flashman's decision to stand for Parliament seen as a good thing all round?
4. Why does Crixus want Flashman to escort Randolph?
5. What does Flashman pack with him to take to Louisiana?
6. How does Spring deal with the slaves once they are aboard the ship?
7. What does Crixus tell Flashman about the Underground Railroad?
8. What is the story Sullivan relates to Flashman about another captain of slaver?
9. Why does Flashman think people against the slave trade are full of hypocrisy?
10. How does Flashman plan to escape at the end of Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Cassy suffer as a slave in the 1850s? What would Cassy's life have been like if she had been born in today's America?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)