|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Comber ask Flashman if he opposes?
2. Who gives Flashman money in this chapter?
3. In what language does Spring speak to Flashman?
4. What country does Spring offer to take Flashman to?
5. Who does Lincoln describe as a nuisance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn about Amazons in this section?
2. Why does Spring want his men to get the female slaves pregnant?
3. How does Flashman's seasickness affect him aboard the Balliol College?
4. What does the U.S. Navy do with Flashman in this section?
5. How does Morrison save Flashman?
6. Why does Flashman think people against the slave trade are full of hypocrisy?
7. What is Flashman's opinion of George Washington?
8. What is Lincoln's opinion of the Californian Gold Rush?
9. How does Flashman know the Balliol College is a slaver ship?
10. How does Spring's reaction to the Amazons differ from the reactions of his crew?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Fraser say about debauchery? How does he use the main characters and story to express his view?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interactions with each other?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)