|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Spring react when he sees Looney urinating on the gruel?
2. What does Crixus offer to send to London ahead of Flashman's arrival?
3. To what does Flashman compare Randolph's face?
4. What does Flashman say he has seen enough of?
5. Which president does Flashman call a typical aristocrat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Flashman pack with him to take to Louisiana?
2. In what way does life aboard the ship worsen as she enters the Carribbean?
3. What is Lincoln's opinion of the Californian Gold Rush?
4. Why does Spring want his men to get the female slaves pregnant?
5. Why does Flashman think people against the slave trade are full of hypocrisy?
6. What does Crixus tell Flashman about the Underground Railroad?
7. What is Sullivan's opinion of Spring?
8. How does Flashman plan to escape at the end of Chapter 6?
9. What happens to Looney in this section?
10. How does Spring deal with the slaves once they are aboard the ship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following people and outline his/her influence on Flashman's life:
4. Abraham Lincoln.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
The author wrote FLASH FOR FREEDOM! in the first person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the third person?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)