Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flashman say his name is when he arrives in America?
2. What does Flashman visualize as Bryant lies in a coma?
3. Who becomes the butt of everyone's jokes in Chapter 2?
4. What is the name of the bald man the navy officers lead Flashman to?
5. In what country will the women's value increase if they are pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Spring and his crew try to leave Apokoto?
2. How does Flashman manage to escape the U.S. Navy?
3. How does Flashman get the Americans on his side?
4. What does the reader learn about Amazons in this section?
5. What is Abraham's opinion of slaves?
6. What does Cassy say will happen to them both if the authorities catch them?
7. How does Flashman describe King Gezo?
8. Why does Flashman think Elspeth's child is not his?
9. Why does Peter Omohundro present a problem in Chapter 9?
10. What does Lincoln tell Buck in Chapter 12?
What does Fraser say about debauchery? How does he use the main characters and story to express his view?
In what way does Flashman's lifestyle show him as an anti-hero? How does Flashman's lifestyle go against English society during the 1850s? What does it say about British society in the 1850s that someone like Flashman could become famous?
Choose one of the following historical figures in Fraser's book and discuss how Fraser represents him/her in FLASH FOR FREEDOM! and why he represents that person in that manner? Are there people who would argue against Fraser's representation of that person's life?
1. Abraham Lincoln.
2. Benjamin Disraeli.
3. King Gezo.
4. Fanny Locke.
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)