|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crixus offer to send to London ahead of Flashman's arrival?
2. When does Kirk say slaving was good?
3. Which president does Flashman call a typical aristocrat?
4. Who treats Comber in this section?
5. Why does Flashman want to become a politician?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn about Amazons in this section?
2. How does Morrison save Flashman?
3. What does Flashman pack with him to take to Louisiana?
4. What does Comber tell Flashman in this section?
5. How does Flashman settle into life once he arrives in Louisiana?
6. What is Lincoln's opinion of the Californian Gold Rush?
7. How does Flashman plan to escape at the end of Chapter 6?
8. How does Flashman almost kill Bryant?
9. How does Flashman know the Balliol College is a slaver ship?
10. How does Spring's reaction to the Amazons differ from the reactions of his crew?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author wrote FLASH FOR FREEDOM! in the first person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the third person?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of the following people and outline his/her influence on Flashman's life:
4. Abraham Lincoln.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)