|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers Flashman sexual favors in this chapter?
2. At what activity does Crixus tell Randolph Flashman has proven himself?
3. How is Fanny related to Locke?
4. What is the name of Morrison's banker friend?
5. To what does Flashman compare the Balliol College?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Spring deal with the slaves once they are aboard the ship?
2. What is Cassy's opinion of men?
3. How does Spring's reaction to the Amazons differ from the reactions of his crew?
4. What does Comber tell Flashman in this section?
5. Why does Flashman think Elspeth's child is not his?
6. Why does Flashman decide to lie in court?
7. How does Flashman manage to escape the U.S. Navy?
8. What does Cassy say will happen to them both if the authorities catch them?
9. Why does Peter Omohundro present a problem in Chapter 9?
10. How does Lincoln ease Flashman's worries in Chapter 13?
Essay Topic 1
What was Spring's life like as a slave trader? Why does Spring make such a successful slave trader? How did he justify the work to himself?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of the 1850s.
1. In what ways are the characters a product of their time?
2. How does the book express the changes America was going through at the time?
3. Does modern society share any values with 1850s Russia?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 1,259 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)