|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where on the ship do the officers want to put the adult slaves?
2. What culture's style does Flashman adopt in Chapter 7?
3. What American President does Flashman meet at the dinner?
4. Where does the name Crixus come from?
5. What is Flashman's nickname for his mother-in-law?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Flashman know the Balliol College is a slaver ship?
2. What happens when Spring and his crew try to leave Apokoto?
3. Why does Flashman think people against the slave trade are full of hypocrisy?
4. How does Flashman describe the sleep barque aboard the ship?
5. How does Spring deal with the slaves once they are aboard the ship?
6. In what way does life aboard the ship worsen as she enters the Carribbean?
7. How does Flashman settle into life once he arrives in Louisiana?
8. Why is Flashman's decision to stand for Parliament seen as a good thing all round?
9. How does Flashman almost kill Bryant?
10. What does Comber tell Flashman in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of the following people and outline his/her influence on Flashman's life:
4. Abraham Lincoln.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)