|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country's flag does Looney fetch for Comb's service?
2. What does Susie lend Flashman money for?
3. Who offers Flashman sexual favors in this chapter?
4. Which president does Flashman call a typical aristocrat?
5. Where does the name Crixus come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Flashman get the Americans on his side?
2. How does Flashman deal with Omohundro?
3. Why does Lincoln suspect Flashman is lying?
4. Why does Cassy associate freedom with Britain?
5. How do John and his men decide to deal with Flashman?
6. What does Flashman pack with him to take to Louisiana?
7. How does Morrison save Flashman?
8. How does Flashman describe King Gezo?
9. How does Flashman know the Balliol College is a slaver ship?
10. What is Abraham's opinion of slaves?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Fraser end the book as he does? In what other ways could he have ended the book? What meaning would that new ending have given the book?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 1,238 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)