|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flashman call Spring?
(a) An escaped mental patient.
(b) An inhuman beast.
(c) Son of Satan.
(d) A confused man.
2. Where does Cassy say she grew up?
(a) A brewery.
(b) A post office.
(c) A fine house.
(d) A plantation.
3. Why does Flashman say he is reluctant to divulge anything to the court?
(a) He wants his British superiors to hear it.
(b) He is scared of Spring's anger.
(c) He does not want to be hanged.
(d) He does not want to be jailed.
4. How does Annie want Flashman to punish Hermia?
(a) Through working her harder.
(b) Through flogging.
(c) Through starvation.
(d) Through bullying.
5. What does Flashman say he is now trading?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies at the end of Chapter 9?
2. What kind of black people does Flashman think are a nuisance?
3. What are the names of the two slaves Anderson examines?
4. What does the court say they want from Flashman?
5. Who does Flashman start to long for as Christmas approaches?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cassy's opinion of men?
2. What are the charges against Spring?
3. What do Drusilla and Messalina recall in court?
4. How do Flashman and Cassy escape Buck Robinson and his men?
5. Why does Peter Omohundro present a problem in Chapter 9?
6. How do John and his men decide to deal with Flashman?
7. How does Cassy kill Tom and George?
8. How does Lincoln ease Flashman's worries in Chapter 13?
9. What is John's relationship with his wife, Annie?
10. What does Lincoln tell Buck in Chapter 12?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)