|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cassy tell Flashman will happen to him if they are caught?
(a) He will be drowned.
(b) He will be burned.
(c) He will be flogged.
(d) He will be hanged.
2. Who do the two slaves say was kind to them aboard the ship?
(b) Mr. Comber.
3. Who does Flashman demand the Americans hand him over to?
(a) The British Council.
(b) The British ambassador.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Captain Spring.
4. What is Cassy's full name?
5. What kind of black people does Flashman think are a nuisance?
(a) Uneducated black people.
(b) Angry black people.
(c) Educated black people.
(d) Fun loving black people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the prosecutor's assistant?
2. What does Mrs. Payne disapprove of Flashman doing in Chapter 11?
3. What are the names of the two slaves Anderson examines?
4. How does Flashman describe the two girls giggling in the New Orleans finery?
5. What is wrong with the old man in the ticket office?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lincoln ease Flashman's worries in Chapter 13?
2. What does Baily tell Flashman about slavery in America in Chapter 13?
3. How does Flashman's situation differ from Randolph's?
4. How do John and his men decide to deal with Flashman?
5. How does Cassy kill Tom and George?
6. What do Drusilla and Messalina recall in court?
7. How do Flashman and Cassy escape Buck Robinson and his men?
8. What does Lincoln tell Buck in Chapter 12?
9. How is Randolph killed in Chapter 9?
10. What is Cassy's opinion of men?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)