|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the river that is the boundary between slave and free states?
(a) The Hudson River.
(b) The Mississippi River.
(c) The Missouri River.
(d) The Ohio River.
2. What does Flashman tell people was his former job?
(a) A smuggler.
(b) A plantation owner.
(c) A jailer.
(d) A blackbirder.
3. What does Anderson say is the first thing the plaintiff must show?
(a) Flashman fought for the British army,
(b) She resisted a US warship.
(c) The slaves were bound for the US.
(d) Balliol college is American owned.
4. What is the name of the prosecutor's assistant?
5. Why does Flashman say he is reluctant to divulge anything to the court?
(a) He wants his British superiors to hear it.
(b) He is scared of Spring's anger.
(c) He does not want to be jailed.
(d) He does not want to be hanged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flashman threaten to do to Randolph does not stop complaining?
2. What does Cassy say she was forced to work as at 13?
3. What is the name of the slave girl with whom Flashman sleeps?
4. Who is Flashman with when Randolph asks to see him?
5. What does Cassy say surprises her about Flashman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cassy say will happen to them both if the authorities catch them?
2. Why does Flashman decide to lie in court?
3. How does Flashman's situation differ from Randolph's?
4. How do John and his men decide to deal with Flashman?
5. How does Flashman find a job in Chapter 10?
6. What opinion does Lincoln give about slavery in Chapter 13?
7. How does Cassy kill Tom and George?
8. How does Flashman deal with Omohundro?
9. What is Cassy's opinion of men?
10. What is John's relationship with his wife, Annie?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)