|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Flashman say he is reluctant to divulge anything to the court?
(a) He wants his British superiors to hear it.
(b) He does not want to be jailed.
(c) He is scared of Spring's anger.
(d) He does not want to be hanged.
2. Which character is furious with Flashman in Chapter 11?
3. What does Flashman say he is now trading?
4. What are the names of the two slaves Anderson examines?
(a) Cassie and Milly.
(b) Janice and Lauren.
(c) Drusilla and Messalina.
(d) Petra and Horace.
5. What country does Baily think owns Balliol College?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bradlee invite Omohundro to look at?
2. What does Flashman say he will give to Spring in exchange for passage back to England?
3. Who does Flashman refer to as a viscious brat?
4. What does Flashman say Marcellus Anderson is quick to do?
5. What is Cassy's full name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Flashman decide to lie in court?
2. How does Flashman's situation differ from Randolph's?
3. What opinion does Lincoln give about slavery in Chapter 13?
4. How does Lincoln ease Flashman's worries in Chapter 13?
5. How does Flashman manage to escape the U.S. Navy?
6. What is Cassy's opinion of men?
7. How does Flashman find a job in Chapter 10?
8. How is Randolph killed in Chapter 9?
9. What do Drusilla and Messalina recall in court?
10. What does Cassy tell Flashman about her life thus far?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)