|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first person to write about Amazons?
2. What does Flashman say his name is when he arrives in America?
(a) Sgt. Kirk.
(b) Dr. Arnold.
(c) Gen. Sullivan.
(d) Lt. Combs.
3. In what country will the women's value increase if they are pregnant?
4. What does Flashman say could endanger prosecution?
(a) Immediately going back to London.
(b) Irrational thinking.
(c) A trail outside Washington.
(d) Premature enclosure.
5. What does Sullivan confide to Flashman about Spring?
(a) He is mad.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He is rich.
(d) He is stupid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lincoln take Flashman aside to talk about?
2. What is a coffle?
3. What is Flashman's nickname for his mother-in-law?
4. What was the name of Flashman's school?
5. What kind of female warriors does Flashman see in the third section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn about Amazons in this section?
2. Why does Flashman think people against the slave trade are full of hypocrisy?
3. What happens when Spring and his crew try to leave Apokoto?
4. Why is Flashman so disappointed in Lady Caroline Lamb?
5. What is Abraham's opinion of slaves?
6. What does Flashman see as he approaches Apokoto?
7. How does Flashman describe King Gezo?
8. How does Flashman almost kill Bryant?
9. How does Susie Willnick help out Flashman?
10. In what way does life aboard the ship worsen as she enters the Carribbean?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)