|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what illness does Lincoln compare slavery?
(a) The small pox.
(b) The measles.
(c) The flu.
(d) Chicken pox.
2. Who takes an arrow in the throat?
(b) The cabin boy.
3. What does Sullivan confide to Flashman about Spring?
(a) He is mad.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He is stupid.
(d) He is rich.
4. Which character does Flashman say is now unrecognizable as a human?
5. How is Fanny related to Locke?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Morrison think it is good idea if Flashman becomes an M.P?
2. What color is Fanny's hair?
3. Where does the name Crixus come from?
4. What American President does Flashman meet at the dinner?
5. What is Flashman's nickname for his mother-in-law?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Flashman know the Balliol College is a slaver ship?
2. How does Morrison save Flashman?
3. How does Spring's reaction to the Amazons differ from the reactions of his crew?
4. How does Flashman's seasickness affect him aboard the Balliol College?
5. How does Spring deal with the slaves once they are aboard the ship?
6. How does Flashman almost kill Bryant?
7. What is Abraham's opinion of slaves?
8. How does Susie Willnick help out Flashman?
9. How does Flashman settle into life once he arrives in Louisiana?
10. How does Flashman plan to escape at the end of Chapter 6?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)