|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game does Bentick suggest they play?
2. Who does Comb say hired him to spy on the smugglers?
(a) The Board of Trade.
(b) The BFI.
(c) The African government.
(d) The Gestapo.
3. What does Flashman decide to stand for at the beginning of this chapter?
(b) The trade union.
(c) The buccaneers.
4. In what country will the women's value increase if they are pregnant?
5. Why does Flashman think it is okay to leave Randolph at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) He does not believe in the cause.
(b) Randolp threatens to kill him.
(c) A genius can look after himself.
(d) He needs some fun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the politicians find on Flashman's person when Bryant accuses him of cheating?
2. Where does Flashman say he met the Italian soldier of fortune?
3. What did Flashman inherit from his grandfather, Paget?
4. What do Amazon's amputate so it does not interfere with their archery?
5. In which state has Flashman heard that people have struck gold?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story Sullivan relates to Flashman about another captain of slaver?
2. How does Flashman describe King Gezo?
3. How does Flashman almost kill Bryant?
4. What is Lincoln's opinion of the Californian Gold Rush?
5. What does Flashman see as he approaches Apokoto?
6. What is happening in England when Flashman returns?
7. What is Sullivan's opinion of Spring?
8. What does Flashman pack with him to take to Louisiana?
9. Why does Lincoln suspect Flashman is lying?
10. How does Flashman describe the sleep barque aboard the ship?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)