|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Spring and Murphy kill 600 of their captives?
(a) They are unsellable.
(b) They are too expensive to keep.
(c) They could revolt.
(d) Spring is bored.
2. What is the name of the King Spring works with?
3. What kind of female slaves does Spring want to hold back for New Orlean brothels?
(a) Partly white girls.
(b) The darkest girls.
(c) The non-pregnant girls.
(d) The best dancers.
4. Who was the first person to write about Amazons?
5. What country's flag does Looney fetch for Comb's service?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Spring react when he sees Looney urinating on the gruel?
2. What is Flashman's nickname?
3. Why does Morrison think it is good idea if Flashman becomes an M.P?
4. Who does Comb say hired him to spy on the smugglers?
5. Why does Elspeth refuse to have sex with Flashman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Flashman's opinion of George Washington?
2. How does Flashman describe King Gezo?
3. How does Susie Willnick help out Flashman?
4. What does Comber tell Flashman in this section?
5. What regrets does Spring have about his life?
6. What is the story Sullivan relates to Flashman about another captain of slaver?
7. How does Flashman settle into life once he arrives in Louisiana?
8. How does Spring's reaction to the Amazons differ from the reactions of his crew?
9. What does Flashman see as he approaches Apokoto?
10. How does Flashman describe the sleep barque aboard the ship?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)