|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Flashman inherit from his grandfather, Paget?
(a) A dog.
(d) A newspaper business.
2. What game does Bentick suggest they play?
3. Where does the name Crixus come from?
(a) Plato's secretary.
(b) Caesar's best friend.
(c) Spartcus' lieutenant.
(d) Augustus' favorite general.
4. What is John Charity Spring's position aboard the ship?
(a) Cabin boy.
(b) Second mate.
(d) First mate.
5. Who does Springer berate for his humanitarianism?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spring offer in exchange for six Amazons?
2. How is Fanny related to Locke?
3. To what illness does Lincoln compare slavery?
4. Which president does Flashman call a typical aristocrat?
5. Where does Crixus say Flashman can find the fastest route back to England?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sullivan's opinion of Spring?
2. What does Comber tell Flashman in this section?
3. How does Spring deal with the slaves once they are aboard the ship?
4. How does Morrison save Flashman?
5. In what way does life aboard the ship worsen as she enters the Carribbean?
6. What does the U.S. Navy do with Flashman in this section?
7. Why does Flashman think people against the slave trade are full of hypocrisy?
8. What happens to Looney in this section?
9. What does Crixus tell Flashman about the Underground Railroad?
10. Why is Flashman so disappointed in Lady Caroline Lamb?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)