|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sulliavan say a captain did when he had no time to drown 300 slaves?
(a) He set them free.
(b) He made them part of his crew.
(c) He burned the ship.
(d) He blew them up.
2. How does Looney get even?
(a) He releases the life boats.
(b) He urinates on sacks of gruel.
(c) He thumps Flashman.
(d) He rings the emergency bell.
3. What was the name of Flashman's school?
4. To what does Flashman compare the Balliol College?
(a) A capital city.
(b) A floating asylum.
(c) A brothel.
(d) A war hospital.
5. What does Morrison say is coming to Britain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Abraham's position aboard the USS Cormorant?
2. In what Scottish town did Flashy meet Elspeth?
3. What is Flashman's nickname?
4. Who does Springer berate for his humanitarianism?
5. Who was the first person to write about Amazons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Flashman's opinion of George Washington?
2. How does Susie Willnick help out Flashman?
3. How does Flashman's seasickness affect him aboard the Balliol College?
4. What does Flashman pack with him to take to Louisiana?
5. Why does Spring want his men to get the female slaves pregnant?
6. Why does Crixus want Flashman to escort Randolph?
7. What happens to Looney in this section?
8. How does Flashman plan to escape at the end of Chapter 6?
9. Why does Lincoln suspect Flashman is lying?
10. How does Flashman get the Americans on his side?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)