|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what country does Crixus want Flashman to escort Randolph?
2. What does Sullivan confide to Flashman about Spring?
(a) He is stupid.
(b) He is mad.
(c) He is rich.
(d) He is ill.
3. What does Sulliavan say a captain did when he had no time to drown 300 slaves?
(a) He blew them up.
(b) He burned the ship.
(c) He made them part of his crew.
(d) He set them free.
4. What kind of female slaves does Spring want to hold back for New Orlean brothels?
(a) The non-pregnant girls.
(b) The darkest girls.
(c) Partly white girls.
(d) The best dancers.
5. As what does Flashman immediately label Randolp?
(b) A bluesman.
(c) Uncle Tom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Amazon commander injure Comber?
2. To what illness does Lincoln compare slavery?
3. Who does Crixus claim Randopoh is more important than?
4. In what language does Spring speak to Flashman?
5. Who offers Flashman sexual favors in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cassy say will happen to them both if the authorities catch them?
2. What happens to Looney in this section?
3. What do Drusilla and Messalina recall in court?
4. How does Flashman describe King Gezo?
5. What does Flashman pack with him to take to Louisiana?
6. How does Flashman almost kill Bryant?
7. How does Lincoln ease Flashman's worries in Chapter 13?
8. What does Flashman see as he approaches Apokoto?
9. How does Flashman find a job in Chapter 10?
10. What does Crixus tell Flashman about the Underground Railroad?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)