|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Fairbrother take Flashman back to at the end of this section?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
2. Which president does Flashman call a typical aristocrat?
(a) Andrew Jackson.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Andrew Johnson.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
3. In what Scottish town did Flashy meet Elspeth?
(c) East Kilbride.
4. In what language does Spring speak to Flashman?
5. What does Sullivan confide to Flashman about Spring?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He is stupid.
(c) He is mad.
(d) He is rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morrison say is coming to Britain?
2. Who does Lincoln think stands to make the most money from the gold rush in California?
3. What is the name of Morrison's banker friend?
4. Where does Crixus say Flashman can find the fastest route back to England?
5. For whom does Flashman say he is looking?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Randolph killed in Chapter 9?
2. How does Flashman describe King Gezo?
3. What is Abraham's opinion of slaves?
4. What regrets does Spring have about his life?
5. What does Lincoln tell Buck in Chapter 12?
6. What is Cassy's opinion of men?
7. How does Flashman get the Americans on his side?
8. How do John and his men decide to deal with Flashman?
9. Why does Lincoln suspect Flashman is lying?
10. What is happening in England when Flashman returns?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)