|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Amazon's amputate so it does not interfere with their archery?
(a) An eye.
(b) A breast.
(c) An arm.
(d) A small finger.
2. What does Flashman say his name is when he arrives in America?
(a) Sgt. Kirk.
(b) Lt. Combs.
(c) Dr. Arnold.
(d) Gen. Sullivan.
3. What does Crixus refer to as blasphemous iniquity?
4. For whom does Flashman say he is looking?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His sister.
(c) His son.
(d) His brother.
5. Which member of his crew does Spring leave behind as a slave?
(a) The cabin boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Spring react when he sees Looney urinating on the gruel?
2. Who does Lincoln describe as a nuisance?
3. How is Flashman related to John Morrison?
4. Who becomes the butt of everyone's jokes in Chapter 2?
5. What do the politicians find on Flashman's person when Bryant accuses him of cheating?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Flashman get the Americans on his side?
2. What does the U.S. Navy do with Flashman in this section?
3. Why does Spring want his men to get the female slaves pregnant?
4. What regrets does Spring have about his life?
5. How does Morrison save Flashman?
6. What happens to Looney in this section?
7. Why is Flashman's decision to stand for Parliament seen as a good thing all round?
8. How does Spring's reaction to the Amazons differ from the reactions of his crew?
9. How does Flashman plan to escape at the end of Chapter 6?
10. What does Flashman pack with him to take to Louisiana?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)