|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Crixus claim Randopoh is more important than?
(a) Denmark Vesey.
(b) Frederick Douglas.
(c) Booker T. Washington.
(d) Nat Turner.
2. How does Spring excite the sharks in this section?
(a) He orders the slaves to wash in the sea.
(b) He harpoons one.
(c) He throws a slave overboard.
(d) He throws a bucket of blood into the sea.
3. What is the name of Spring's clipper?
(a) Bitter Moon.
(b) Blue Boy.
(d) Balliol College.
4. In which city does Flashman think an Amazon woman would draw a big price?
(a) New York.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New Orleans.
5. Why does Flashman think it is okay to leave Randolph at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) He does not believe in the cause.
(b) A genius can look after himself.
(c) He needs some fun.
(d) Randolp threatens to kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers Flashman sexual favors in this chapter?
2. Which member of Spring's crew do the Amazon's capture?
3. When does Kirk say slaving was good?
4. In what Scottish town did Flashy meet Elspeth?
5. What culture's style does Flashman adopt in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Comber tell Flashman in this section?
2. How does Flashman's seasickness affect him aboard the Balliol College?
3. Why does Crixus want Flashman to escort Randolph?
4. What is Lincoln's opinion of the Californian Gold Rush?
5. What does the U.S. Navy do with Flashman in this section?
6. What happens to Looney in this section?
7. How does Flashman plan to escape at the end of Chapter 6?
8. How does Flashman describe the sleep barque aboard the ship?
9. What is Flashman's opinion of life aboard the Balliol College?
10. What does Flashman see as he approaches Apokoto?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)