|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flashman decide to stand for at the beginning of this chapter?
(b) The buccaneers.
(c) The trade union.
2. Why does Elspeth refuse to have sex with Flashman?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is having an affair.
(c) She does not love him.
(d) She is too tired.
3. What do the Flashmans want to call their first child?
(a) Harry Jack Paul.
(b) John Harry Peter.
(c) Harry Albert Victor.
(d) Victor Frank Daniel.
4. Who does Flashman call Bible reared?
(a) Lady Caroline Lamb.
5. Where does Flashman say he met the Italian soldier of fortune?
(d) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first person to write about Amazons?
2. Who does Springer berate for his humanitarianism?
3. Why does Morrison think it is good idea if Flashman becomes an M.P?
4. What is Abraham's position aboard the USS Cormorant?
5. In what country will the women's value increase if they are pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Spring and his crew try to leave Apokoto?
2. How does Flashman's seasickness affect him aboard the Balliol College?
3. Why does Crixus want Flashman to escort Randolph?
4. How does Spring's reaction to the Amazons differ from the reactions of his crew?
5. How does Susie Willnick help out Flashman?
6. How does Flashman describe King Gezo?
7. Why is Flashman's decision to stand for Parliament seen as a good thing all round?
8. How does Flashman almost kill Bryant?
9. Why is Flashman so disappointed in Lady Caroline Lamb?
10. Why does Flashman think people against the slave trade are full of hypocrisy?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)