|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Spring excite the sharks in this section?
(a) He throws a slave overboard.
(b) He harpoons one.
(c) He throws a bucket of blood into the sea.
(d) He orders the slaves to wash in the sea.
2. What does Crixus offer to send to London ahead of Flashman's arrival?
(a) Flashman's bounty.
(b) Comber's dead body.
(c) A letter to Flashman's wife.
(d) Comber's report.
3. What do Amazon's amputate so it does not interfere with their archery?
(a) An eye.
(b) A small finger.
(c) A breast.
(d) An arm.
4. What kind of refugees are starting to leave Europe?
(a) Royal refugees.
(b) Gypsy refugees.
(c) Jewish refugees.
(d) African refugees.
5. How does Flashman like to write Benjamin Disraeli's surname?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spring order the men to do with the female slaves?
2. In what language does Spring speak to Flashman?
3. What does Flashman call the scholars at Balliol?
4. Why do Spring and Murphy kill 600 of their captives?
5. What was the name of Flashman's school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Flashman almost kill Bryant?
2. Why does Flashman think Elspeth's child is not his?
3. How does Flashman know the Balliol College is a slaver ship?
4. What is Lincoln's opinion of the Californian Gold Rush?
5. What happens when Spring and his crew try to leave Apokoto?
6. What is happening in England when Flashman returns?
7. What is the story Sullivan relates to Flashman about another captain of slaver?
8. How does Flashman get the Americans on his side?
9. What does Flashman see as he approaches Apokoto?
10. Why does Spring want his men to get the female slaves pregnant?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)