|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Crixus offer to send to London ahead of Flashman's arrival?
(a) Comber's dead body.
(b) Comber's report.
(c) Flashman's bounty.
(d) A letter to Flashman's wife.
2. How does Flashman like to write Benjamin Disraeli's surname?
3. What is the name of the organization Crixus claims saves souls?
(a) The Place in the Sky.
(b) The Underground Railroad.
(c) The Secret Cellars.
(d) The Leaping Frogs.
4. What kind of female warriors does Flashman see in the third section?
5. What is John Charity Spring's position aboard the ship?
(a) Cabin boy.
(b) First mate.
(d) Second mate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a coffle?
2. How is Fanny related to Locke?
3. What does Looney offer Flashman to eat?
4. What does Spring order to be hosed down?
5. To what city does Fairbrother want to rush Flashman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Comber tell Flashman in this section?
2. What is the story Sullivan relates to Flashman about another captain of slaver?
3. How does Flashman plan to escape at the end of Chapter 6?
4. How does Flashman almost kill Bryant?
5. Why does Spring want his men to get the female slaves pregnant?
6. Why does Crixus want Flashman to escort Randolph?
7. How does Flashman's seasickness affect him aboard the Balliol College?
8. Why is Flashman's decision to stand for Parliament seen as a good thing all round?
9. What is Flashman's opinion of life aboard the Balliol College?
10. What does Flashman see as he approaches Apokoto?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)