|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country will the women's value increase if they are pregnant?
2. Who does Lincoln describe as a nuisance?
(b) The British.
(d) The French.
3. Why does Elspeth refuse to have sex with Flashman?
(a) She is too tired.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She does not love him.
(d) She is having an affair.
4. Who does Lincoln think stands to make the most money from the gold rush in California?
(a) Local saloon owners.
(b) The movie business.
(c) Equipment suppliers.
(d) The newspapers.
5. What does Spring say will make the women's children smarter?
(a) Puzzle games.
(b) Mixing in British company.
(c) White genes.
(d) Birth at sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Flashman want to become a politician?
2. To what illness does Lincoln compare slavery?
3. What does Lincoln take Flashman aside to talk about?
4. What kind of work does Crixus compare freeing slaves to?
5. Who was the first person to write about Amazons?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does life aboard the ship worsen as she enters the Carribbean?
2. What does Crixus tell Flashman about the Underground Railroad?
3. Why does Spring want his men to get the female slaves pregnant?
4. What happens to Looney in this section?
5. Why does Flashman think people against the slave trade are full of hypocrisy?
6. Why does Lincoln suspect Flashman is lying?
7. How does Susie Willnick help out Flashman?
8. Why does Crixus want Flashman to escort Randolph?
9. How does Flashman settle into life once he arrives in Louisiana?
10. What does the reader learn about Amazons in this section?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)