|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the red-haired auctioneer like to drink?
2. What is Cassy's full name?
3. What is the name of the river that is the boundary between slave and free states?
(a) The Ohio River.
(b) The Hudson River.
(c) The Mississippi River.
(d) The Missouri River.
4. What country does Cassy say she associates with freedom?
5. What name does Flashman give himself in Chapter 10?
(a) John Goodman.
(b) Peter Redding.
(c) Tom Arnold.
(d) Dave Pierce.
6. What does the crowd ask Cassy to do when she is on the auction stage?
7. Who does Cassy shoot in Chapter 11?
8. What do the well-armed men leave outside the bar?
9. Who do the two slaves say was kind to them aboard the ship?
(d) Mr. Comber.
10. Where does Flashman swim to at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(b) North Carolina.
11. What does Flashman threaten to do to Randolph does not stop complaining?
(a) Drown him.
(b) Sell him.
(c) Hang him.
(d) Flog him.
12. What are the names of the two slaves Anderson examines?
(a) Petra and Horace.
(b) Janice and Lauren.
(c) Drusilla and Messalina.
(d) Cassie and Milly.
13. What language do the two slaves speak fluently?
14. Which character is furious with Flashman in Chapter 11?
15. What kind of black people does Flashman think are a nuisance?
(a) Fun loving black people.
(b) Angry black people.
(c) Uneducated black people.
(d) Educated black people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Flashman say he is reluctant to divulge anything to the court?
2. Who attacks Omohundro in Chapter 9?
3. What does Cassy tell Flashman will happen to him if they are caught?
4. What is wrong with the old man in the ticket office?
5. Who does Flashman refer to as a viscious brat?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)