|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anderson say is the first thing the plaintiff must show?
(a) The slaves were bound for the US.
(b) Flashman fought for the British army,
(c) She resisted a US warship.
(d) Balliol college is American owned.
2. Who is Flashman with when Randolph asks to see him?
(a) A slave owner.
(b) The captain.
(c) The cabin boy.
(d) A prostitute.
3. Who does Flashman beg to see at Judge Payne's house?
(a) Mr. Combs.
(b) Abraham Lincolm.
(c) Judge Payne.
(d) Tom Arnold.
4. What kind of black people does Flashman think are a nuisance?
(a) Fun loving black people.
(b) Educated black people.
(c) Angry black people.
(d) Uneducated black people.
5. What is Cassy's full name?
6. What does Cassy say will happen to her if they are caught?
(a) She will be burned.
(b) She will be shot.
(c) She will be hanged.
(d) She will be raped.
7. Who dies at the end of Chapter 9?
8. What does Flashman say he is now trading?
9. Where does Flashman say he wants to head once he has enough money?
(a) The North.
(d) The west.
10. What bits does Flashman say he omits from his story to Lincoln?
(a) The true bits.
(b) The spicy bits.
(c) The sexy bits.
(d) The murder bits.
11. What is the name of the prosecutor's assistant?
12. What was Cassie's punishment when she ran away from New Orleans?
(a) Water and bread for a week.
(b) Time in the sweat box.
(c) A public stoning.
(d) A public flogging.
13. Who does Ohio law forbid people from aiding?
(a) Parentless children.
(b) Runaway prisoners.
(c) Black prostitutes.
(d) Runaway slaves.
14. What does Baily say slavery divides?
(a) The western world.
(b) The American nation.
(c) The northern states.
(d) The southern states.
15. What does Miss Rivers own?
(a) A whorehouse.
(b) A plantation.
(c) A farm.
(d) A hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Flashman demand the Americans hand him over to?
2. How does Flashman describe the two girls giggling in the New Orleans finery?
3. What does Flashman say he will give to Spring in exchange for passage back to England?
4. From what state is Peter Omohundro?
5. What name does Flashman give himself aboard the boat?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)