|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Flashman describe the two girls giggling in the New Orleans finery?
(a) Horse like.
2. What does Flashman say he is now trading?
3. How does Annie want Flashman to punish Hermia?
(a) Through starvation.
(b) Through bullying.
(c) Through flogging.
(d) Through working her harder.
4. What does Bradlee invite Omohundro to look at?
(a) His art collection.
(b) His antique selection.
(c) His harlem girls.
(d) His prime slaves.
5. Who does Ohio law forbid people from aiding?
(a) Parentless children.
(b) Runaway prisoners.
(c) Black prostitutes.
(d) Runaway slaves.
6. To what state does Jim Bakewell want to go?
(a) North Carolina.
(b) New York.
7. What does Flashman call Spring?
(a) An inhuman beast.
(b) A confused man.
(c) An escaped mental patient.
(d) Son of Satan.
8. What does Cassy say surprises her about Flashman?
(a) His blasphemy.
(b) His kindness.
(c) His humor.
(d) His cruelty.
9. What does the red-haired auctioneer like to drink?
10. Who does Flashman refer to as a viscious brat?
11. Why does John say he does not mind the way Flashman looks at his wife?
(a) It's funny.
(b) He does not love her.
(c) It's natural.
(d) He gets a kick from it.
12. What is the name of the river that is the boundary between slave and free states?
(a) The Ohio River.
(b) The Mississippi River.
(c) The Hudson River.
(d) The Missouri River.
13. What country does Flashman say he is angry at in Chapter 10?
14. Where does Lincoln say Flashman must testify?
(a) St. Louis.
(d) New Orleans.
15. What name does Flashman give himself aboard the boat?
(a) David Crimmond.
(b) Peter English.
(c) Simon Legree.
(d) James K. Prescott.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language do the two slaves speak fluently?
2. Who does Flashman demand the Americans hand him over to?
3. What does Anderson say is the first thing the plaintiff must show?
4. What does Cassy save Flashman from?
5. Who does Flashman start to long for as Christmas approaches?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)