|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flashman say he must do in court?
(a) Kindle, fumble and run.
(b) Bull, fart and exaggerate.
(c) Cry, bellow and laugh.
(d) Bluff, shift and lie.
2. What does Cassy say she senses at Fisher's Landing?
(b) The lord.
3. What part of Flashman's body did Robinson's men shoot?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) His buttocks.
(c) His groin.
(d) His leg.
4. Who do the two slaves say was kind to them aboard the ship?
(a) Mr. Comber.
5. What is wrong with the old man in the ticket office?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He is dumb.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He has cancer.
6. How does Annie want Flashman to punish Hermia?
(a) Through starvation.
(b) Through bullying.
(c) Through flogging.
(d) Through working her harder.
7. What does Flashman say Marcellus Anderson is quick to do?
8. To what state does Jim Bakewell want to go?
(b) New York.
(c) North Carolina.
9. Who dies at the end of Chapter 9?
10. What is the name of the steamship Flashman sails on in Chapter 9?
(c) St. Peter.
11. Where does Flashman swim to at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(b) North Carolina.
12. How does Flashman describe the two girls giggling in the New Orleans finery?
(d) Horse like.
13. Who is Flashman with when Randolph asks to see him?
(a) The captain.
(b) A slave owner.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) The cabin boy.
14. Who does Cassy shoot in Chapter 11?
15. Where does Lincoln say Flashman must testify?
(a) St. Louis.
(d) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baily say slavery divides?
2. What name does Flashman give himself in Chapter 10?
3. What was Cassie's punishment when she ran away from New Orleans?
4. Who does Flashman beg to see at Judge Payne's house?
5. What does Cassy say her future will be free of?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)