|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flashman threaten to do to Randolph does not stop complaining?
(a) Sell him.
(b) Hang him.
(c) Drown him.
(d) Flog him.
2. Who does Flashman start to long for as Christmas approaches?
(b) His mother.
(c) Mr. Morrison.
3. What does Flashman say he must do in court?
(a) Kindle, fumble and run.
(b) Cry, bellow and laugh.
(c) Bull, fart and exaggerate.
(d) Bluff, shift and lie.
4. What does Cassy say she was forced to work as at 13?
(a) A stripper.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A porn star.
(d) A miner.
5. Who does Flashman demand the Americans hand him over to?
(a) The British Council.
(b) The British ambassador.
(c) Captain Spring.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
6. Who does Flashman refer to as a viscious brat?
7. What is the name of the prosecutor's assistant?
8. What does Flashman tell people was his former job?
(a) A plantation owner.
(b) A smuggler.
(c) A blackbirder.
(d) A jailer.
9. Who dies at the end of Chapter 9?
10. What was Cassie's punishment when she ran away from New Orleans?
(a) Time in the sweat box.
(b) A public flogging.
(c) Water and bread for a week.
(d) A public stoning.
11. What country does Flashman say he is angry at in Chapter 10?
12. What name does Flashman give himself in Chapter 10?
(a) Tom Arnold.
(b) Dave Pierce.
(c) Peter Redding.
(d) John Goodman.
13. How does Flashman describe the two girls giggling in the New Orleans finery?
(c) Horse like.
14. What language do the two slaves speak fluently?
15. Where does Buck Robinson say he saw the wanted poster?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) St. Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baily say slavery divides?
2. What bits does Flashman say he omits from his story to Lincoln?
3. Why does Flashman say he is reluctant to divulge anything to the court?
4. What does Flashman say he is now trading?
5. What does Mrs. Payne disapprove of Flashman doing in Chapter 11?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)