|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ohio law forbid people from aiding?
(a) Parentless children.
(b) Runaway slaves.
(c) Runaway prisoners.
(d) Black prostitutes.
2. What does the crowd ask Cassy to do when she is on the auction stage?
3. What part of Flashman's body did Robinson's men shoot?
(a) His leg.
(b) His shoulder.
(c) His buttocks.
(d) His groin.
4. What name does Flashman give himself aboard the boat?
(a) David Crimmond.
(b) Simon Legree.
(c) Peter English.
(d) James K. Prescott.
5. Who attacks Omohundro in Chapter 9?
6. Where does Cassy say she grew up?
(a) A brewery.
(b) A fine house.
(c) A plantation.
(d) A post office.
7. What name does Flashman give himself in Chapter 10?
(a) Peter Redding.
(b) Dave Pierce.
(c) John Goodman.
(d) Tom Arnold.
8. What does Bradlee invite Omohundro to look at?
(a) His harlem girls.
(b) His prime slaves.
(c) His antique selection.
(d) His art collection.
9. How does Flashman describe the two girls giggling in the New Orleans finery?
(d) Horse like.
10. Who dies at the end of Chapter 9?
11. What does Flashman say Marcellus Anderson is quick to do?
12. What does Cassy say will happen to her if they are caught?
(a) She will be raped.
(b) She will be burned.
(c) She will be hanged.
(d) She will be shot.
13. What is the name of the steamship Flashman sails on in Chapter 9?
(c) St. Peter.
14. What does Baily say slavery divides?
(a) The northern states.
(b) The American nation.
(c) The southern states.
(d) The western world.
15. What is the name of the prosecutor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the river that is the boundary between slave and free states?
2. What does the red-haired auctioneer like to drink?
3. What does Cassy say surprises her about Flashman?
4. What bits does Flashman say he omits from his story to Lincoln?
5. What does Cassy say her future will be free of?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)