|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cassy say surprises her about Flashman?
(a) His humor.
(b) His kindness.
(c) His cruelty.
(d) His blasphemy.
2. What does Miss Rivers own?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A whorehouse.
(c) A farm.
(d) A plantation.
3. How does Flashman describe the two girls giggling in the New Orleans finery?
(c) Horse like.
4. What does Flashman tell people was his former job?
(a) A blackbirder.
(b) A smuggler.
(c) A plantation owner.
(d) A jailer.
5. Who does Flashman demand the Americans hand him over to?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) The British ambassador.
(c) The British Council.
(d) Captain Spring.
6. What does Flashman threaten to do to Randolph does not stop complaining?
(a) Drown him.
(b) Flog him.
(c) Hang him.
(d) Sell him.
7. Why does John say he does not mind the way Flashman looks at his wife?
(a) He does not love her.
(b) It's natural.
(c) It's funny.
(d) He gets a kick from it.
8. What bits does Flashman say he omits from his story to Lincoln?
(a) The true bits.
(b) The murder bits.
(c) The sexy bits.
(d) The spicy bits.
9. What country does Flashman say he is angry at in Chapter 10?
10. Which character is furious with Flashman in Chapter 11?
11. What is the name of the slave girl with whom Flashman sleeps?
12. Where does Cassy say she grew up?
(a) A plantation.
(b) A brewery.
(c) A post office.
(d) A fine house.
13. How does Flashman say he is related to Tom Little?
14. What does Flashman call Spring?
(a) A confused man.
(b) An inhuman beast.
(c) An escaped mental patient.
(d) Son of Satan.
15. What is the name of the prosecutor?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what state does Jim Bakewell want to go?
2. What does Flashman say he must do in court?
3. What are the names of the two slaves Anderson examines?
4. What name does Flashman give himself in Chapter 10?
5. What does Cassy tell Flashman will happen to him if they are caught?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)