|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flashman say he is now trading?
2. What country does Flashman say he is angry at in Chapter 10?
3. How does Annie want Flashman to punish Hermia?
(a) Through working her harder.
(b) Through bullying.
(c) Through starvation.
(d) Through flogging.
4. What does Lincoln say is higher than law?
5. Who dies at the end of Chapter 9?
6. What does Mrs. Payne disapprove of Flashman doing in Chapter 11?
(a) Calling Lincoln Abe.
(b) Taking Cassy upstairs.
(c) Kissing Cassy.
(d) Slapping Cassy.
7. Who attacks Omohundro in Chapter 9?
8. Where does Flashman say he wants to head once he has enough money?
(a) The west.
(d) The North.
9. Where does Cassy say she grew up?
(a) A plantation.
(b) A post office.
(c) A brewery.
(d) A fine house.
10. What is the name of the prosecutor?
11. What does Flashman threaten to do to Randolph does not stop complaining?
(a) Drown him.
(b) Flog him.
(c) Hang him.
(d) Sell him.
12. What does Baily say slavery divides?
(a) The northern states.
(b) The western world.
(c) The American nation.
(d) The southern states.
13. What is the name of the plantation to which Flashman walks?
(c) Big Business.
14. Why does John say he does not mind the way Flashman looks at his wife?
(a) It's natural.
(b) He does not love her.
(c) It's funny.
(d) He gets a kick from it.
15. Who do the two slaves say was kind to them aboard the ship?
(b) Mr. Comber.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Flashman swim to at the beginning of Chapter 10?
2. What kind of black people does Flashman think are a nuisance?
3. What does Flashman tell people was his former job?
4. What does Flashman say he will give to Spring in exchange for passage back to England?
5. What is wrong with the old man in the ticket office?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)