|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language do the two slaves speak fluently?
2. What does Flashman say he must do in court?
(a) Bull, fart and exaggerate.
(b) Kindle, fumble and run.
(c) Cry, bellow and laugh.
(d) Bluff, shift and lie.
3. Why does Flashman say he is reluctant to divulge anything to the court?
(a) He does not want to be jailed.
(b) He wants his British superiors to hear it.
(c) He is scared of Spring's anger.
(d) He does not want to be hanged.
4. What name does Flashman give himself in Chapter 10?
(a) Peter Redding.
(b) Dave Pierce.
(c) Tom Arnold.
(d) John Goodman.
5. What does Lincoln say Cassy will never wear again?
6. Where does Buck Robinson say he saw the wanted poster?
(b) St. Louis.
(c) New Orleans.
7. What country does Cassy say she associates with freedom?
8. What does Flashman call Spring?
(a) An escaped mental patient.
(b) A confused man.
(c) An inhuman beast.
(d) Son of Satan.
9. Which character is furious with Flashman in Chapter 11?
10. What does Miss Rivers own?
(a) A farm.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A plantation.
(d) A whorehouse.
11. What does Cassy say will happen to her if they are caught?
(a) She will be shot.
(b) She will be raped.
(c) She will be hanged.
(d) She will be burned.
12. Who dies at the end of Chapter 9?
13. Who does Flashman refer to as a viscious brat?
14. Where does Cassy say she grew up?
(a) A post office.
(b) A fine house.
(c) A plantation.
(d) A brewery.
15. What does Cassy tell Flashman will happen to him if they are caught?
(a) He will be flogged.
(b) He will be drowned.
(c) He will be burned.
(d) He will be hanged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of black people does Flashman think are a nuisance?
2. To what state does Jim Bakewell want to go?
3. Who does Cassy shoot in Chapter 11?
4. What does Flashman say he will give to Spring in exchange for passage back to England?
5. What is the name of the prosecutor?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)