|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what country does Crixus want Flashman to escort Randolph?
2. What is Mr. Moultrie's position in the navy?
3. What game does Bentick suggest they play?
4. What kind of work does Crixus compare freeing slaves to?
(a) Humanitarian work.
(b) Holy work.
(c) War work.
(d) Charity work.
5. What kind of female warriors does Flashman see in the third section?
6. Why does Elspeth refuse to have sex with Flashman?
(a) She is too tired.
(b) She is having an affair.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She does not love him.
7. What kind of refugees are starting to leave Europe?
(a) Gypsy refugees.
(b) African refugees.
(c) Jewish refugees.
(d) Royal refugees.
8. What is the name of Flashman's bunkmate?
(b) Mr. Comber.
(c) Mr. Bean.
9. What does Sullivan confide to Flashman about Spring?
(a) He is mad.
(b) He is rich.
(c) He is stupid.
(d) He is ill.
10. What kind of female slaves does Spring want to hold back for New Orlean brothels?
(a) Partly white girls.
(b) The best dancers.
(c) The darkest girls.
(d) The non-pregnant girls.
11. What is the name of the organization Crixus claims saves souls?
(a) The Leaping Frogs.
(b) The Secret Cellars.
(c) The Place in the Sky.
(d) The Underground Railroad.
12. What do Amazon's amputate so it does not interfere with their archery?
(a) An eye.
(b) An arm.
(c) A small finger.
(d) A breast.
13. What does Flashman say his name is when he arrives in America?
(a) Sgt. Kirk.
(b) Dr. Arnold.
(c) Lt. Combs.
(d) Gen. Sullivan.
14. What is the name of Morrison's banker friend?
15. What is Flashman's nickname?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spring offer in exchange for six Amazons?
2. What did Flashman inherit from his grandfather, Paget?
3. What do the politicians find on Flashman's person when Bryant accuses him of cheating?
4. What does Comber ask Flashman if he opposes?
5. What color is Fanny's hair?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)