|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Comber ask Flashman if he opposes?
2. What is a coffle?
(a) A dead slave.
(b) An intelligent slave.
(c) A line of chained slaves.
(d) A reliable slave.
3. What name does Flashman adopt in this section?
(a) Count Rudi Von Starnberg.
(b) Prince Henrich of Denmark.
(c) Marquis Satre.
(d) Otto Bismarck.
4. Who does Comb say hired him to spy on the smugglers?
(a) The African government.
(b) The Board of Trade.
(c) The Gestapo.
(d) The BFI.
5. How does Spring excite the sharks in this section?
(a) He orders the slaves to wash in the sea.
(b) He throws a slave overboard.
(c) He harpoons one.
(d) He throws a bucket of blood into the sea.
6. How does Flashman like to write Benjamin Disraeli's surname?
7. What does Flashman say he has seen enough of?
(a) Other countries.
(b) Naked women.
8. What is the name of Morrison's banker friend?
9. Who becomes the butt of everyone's jokes in Chapter 2?
10. Who does Lincoln think stands to make the most money from the gold rush in California?
(a) The movie business.
(b) Equipment suppliers.
(c) Local saloon owners.
(d) The newspapers.
11. Where does the name Crixus come from?
(a) Augustus' favorite general.
(b) Plato's secretary.
(c) Spartcus' lieutenant.
(d) Caesar's best friend.
12. What is Flashman's nickname for his mother-in-law?
(a) Dragon Queen.
(b) Queen Bitch.
13. What is the name of Flashman's bunkmate?
(c) Mr. Comber.
(d) Mr. Bean.
14. Who gives Flashman money in this chapter?
(c) Mr. Comber.
15. What kind of female warriors does Flashman see in the third section?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flashman say could endanger prosecution?
2. What is John Charity Spring's position aboard the ship?
3. What is Flashman's nickname?
4. What does Looney offer Flashman to eat?
5. Where does Crixus say Flashman can find the fastest route back to England?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)