|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of his crew does Spring leave behind as a slave?
(d) The cabin boy.
2. To what country does Crixus want Flashman to escort Randolph?
3. What is John Charity Spring's position aboard the ship?
(a) Second mate.
(b) Cabin boy.
(c) First mate.
4. What does Spring say will make the women's children smarter?
(a) White genes.
(b) Birth at sea.
(c) Mixing in British company.
(d) Puzzle games.
5. What is the name of the organization Crixus claims saves souls?
(a) The Underground Railroad.
(b) The Place in the Sky.
(c) The Secret Cellars.
(d) The Leaping Frogs.
6. Who becomes the butt of everyone's jokes in Chapter 2?
7. Who is Flashman longing for aboard the ship?
8. What does Crixus refer to as blasphemous iniquity?
9. What is Flashman's nickname?
10. What is the name of Morrison's banker friend?
11. Who does Crixus claim Randopoh is more important than?
(a) Booker T. Washington.
(b) Nat Turner.
(c) Frederick Douglas.
(d) Denmark Vesey.
12. What name does Flashman adopt in this section?
(a) Otto Bismarck.
(b) Count Rudi Von Starnberg.
(c) Marquis Satre.
(d) Prince Henrich of Denmark.
13. For whom does Flashman say he is looking?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His sister.
(c) His son.
(d) His brother.
14. What American President does Flashman meet at the dinner?
(a) Andrew Johnson.
(b) Andrew Jackson.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) George Washington.
15. Why do Spring and Murphy kill 600 of their captives?
(a) They could revolt.
(b) Spring is bored.
(c) They are too expensive to keep.
(d) They are unsellable.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country will the women's value increase if they are pregnant?
2. What kind of refugees are starting to leave Europe?
3. Why does Flashman think it is okay to leave Randolph at the end of Chapter 9?
4. What game does Bentick suggest they play?
5. What was the name of Flashman's school?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)