|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes an arrow in the throat?
(a) The cabin boy.
2. How does Flashman like to write Benjamin Disraeli's surname?
3. What does Crixus refer to as blasphemous iniquity?
4. Who does Lincoln think stands to make the most money from the gold rush in California?
(a) Equipment suppliers.
(b) The newspapers.
(c) The movie business.
(d) Local saloon owners.
5. What does Looney offer Flashman to eat?
6. Which character does Flashman say is now unrecognizable as a human?
7. What country do the politicians debate over dinner?
8. Who does Flashman seduce in Chapter 7?
(a) Aglesey Queen.
(b) Jane Crixus.
(c) Susie Willinck.
(d) Bally Worder.
9. What do the U.S. Navy agents address Flashman as?
10. What kind of work does Crixus compare freeing slaves to?
(a) War work.
(b) Holy work.
(c) Charity work.
(d) Humanitarian work.
11. To what religious figure does Looney compare Spring?
(a) The devil.
12. What kind of female slaves does Spring want to hold back for New Orlean brothels?
(a) The non-pregnant girls.
(b) The best dancers.
(c) The darkest girls.
(d) Partly white girls.
13. What city does Fairbrother take Flashman back to at the end of this section?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
(d) New Orleans.
14. What does Lincoln take Flashman aside to talk about?
(b) The class revolution.
(c) The British government.
(d) The navy.
15. What is the name of Flashman's bunkmate?
(a) Mr. Comber.
(c) Mr. Bean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Flashman money in this chapter?
2. For whom does Flashman say he is looking?
3. What was the name of Flashman's school?
4. Which president does Flashman call a typical aristocrat?
5. Which member of Spring's crew do the Amazon's capture?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)