|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spring order the men to do with the female slaves?
(a) Get them pregnant.
(b) Drown them.
(c) Pair them off with a male slave.
(d) Shoot them.
2. To what religious figure does Looney compare Spring?
(b) The devil.
3. Where does the name Crixus come from?
(a) Plato's secretary.
(b) Caesar's best friend.
(c) Augustus' favorite general.
(d) Spartcus' lieutenant.
4. How is Flashman related to John Morrison?
(a) His father-in-law.
(b) His step father.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His second uncle.
5. As what does Flashman immediately label Randolp?
(a) Uncle Tom.
(c) A bluesman.
6. Who does Lincoln describe as a nuisance?
(b) The British.
(c) The French.
7. What is the name of Flashman's hated master at school?
(a) Dr. Arnold.
(b) Dr. Killroy.
(c) Dr. Benson.
(d) Dr. Brown.
8. How does Looney get even?
(a) He urinates on sacks of gruel.
(b) He rings the emergency bell.
(c) He thumps Flashman.
(d) He releases the life boats.
9. Who does Springer berate for his humanitarianism?
10. In which state has Flashman heard that people have struck gold?
(d) New York.
11. How does Flashman like to write Benjamin Disraeli's surname?
12. What does Flashman say his name is when he arrives in America?
(a) Sgt. Kirk.
(b) Gen. Sullivan.
(c) Lt. Combs.
(d) Dr. Arnold.
13. What does Morrison say is coming to Britain?
14. Who does Lincoln think stands to make the most money from the gold rush in California?
(a) Local saloon owners.
(b) Equipment suppliers.
(c) The movie business.
(d) The newspapers.
15. What is Mr. Moultrie's position in the navy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lincoln take Flashman aside to talk about?
2. What do the politicians find on Flashman's person when Bryant accuses him of cheating?
3. What do the Flashmans want to call their first child?
4. What is Flashman's nickname?
5. What does Flashman decide to stand for at the beginning of this chapter?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)