|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the stone wall made of?
2. In which state has Flashman heard that people have struck gold?
(c) New York.
3. Why do Spring and Murphy kill 600 of their captives?
(a) They could revolt.
(b) Spring is bored.
(c) They are unsellable.
(d) They are too expensive to keep.
4. Which president does Flashman call a typical aristocrat?
(a) Andrew Jackson.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Andrew Johnson.
(d) George Washington.
5. At what activity does Crixus tell Randolph Flashman has proven himself?
6. What is the name of Flashman's hated master at school?
(a) Dr. Benson.
(b) Dr. Arnold.
(c) Dr. Killroy.
(d) Dr. Brown.
7. Who was the first person to write about Amazons?
8. What country does Spring offer to take Flashman to?
9. Where on the ship do the officers want to put the adult slaves?
(a) The hold.
(b) The deck.
(c) The engine room.
(d) The gallery.
10. Who does Lincoln think stands to make the most money from the gold rush in California?
(a) Equipment suppliers.
(b) The movie business.
(c) The newspapers.
(d) Local saloon owners.
11. What is a coffle?
(a) A dead slave.
(b) An intelligent slave.
(c) A line of chained slaves.
(d) A reliable slave.
12. What is the name of the King Spring works with?
13. What does Spring say will make the women's children smarter?
(a) Mixing in British company.
(b) Puzzle games.
(c) Birth at sea.
(d) White genes.
14. How does Flashman like to write Benjamin Disraeli's surname?
15. Who does Flashman seduce in Chapter 7?
(a) Bally Worder.
(b) Susie Willinck.
(c) Aglesey Queen.
(d) Jane Crixus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country do the politicians debate over dinner?
2. Who treats Comber in this section?
3. What does Flashman call the scholars at Balliol?
4. Where does Flashman say he met the Italian soldier of fortune?
5. What kind of female slaves does Spring want to hold back for New Orlean brothels?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)