|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Flashman call Bible reared?
(b) Lady Caroline Lamb.
2. What does Spring order the men to do with the female slaves?
(a) Drown them.
(b) Pair them off with a male slave.
(c) Get them pregnant.
(d) Shoot them.
3. Who gives Flashman money in this chapter?
(a) Mr. Comber.
4. What did Flashman inherit from his grandfather, Paget?
(a) A newspaper business.
(b) A dog.
5. How does the Amazon commander injure Comber?
(a) She stabs him.
(b) She hits him with a stone.
(c) She shoots him.
(d) She hits him with an arrow.
6. What is the name of Morrison's banker friend?
7. Why does Flashman want to become a politician?
(a) It is exciting.
(b) It is a quiet life.
(c) It would be fun.
(d) It is a lot of money.
8. What is John Charity Spring's position aboard the ship?
(a) Cabin boy.
(b) Second mate.
(d) First mate.
9. Who does Flashman seduce in Chapter 7?
(a) Jane Crixus.
(b) Bally Worder.
(c) Susie Willinck.
(d) Aglesey Queen.
10. What is the name of Crixus' extraordinary slave?
(a) Peter Jackson.
(b) Maclom Crowley.
(c) George Randolph.
(d) David Ruth.
11. Which member of Spring's crew do the Amazon's capture?
12. Why does Morrison think it is good idea if Flashman becomes an M.P?
(a) He will be able to communicate his own ideas.
(b) It makes good business sense.
(c) It is a more respected position for Flashman.
(d) Flashman won't be able to spend so much time with Elspeth.
13. What does Susie lend Flashman money for?
(a) New clothes.
(b) A place to stay.
(c) A meal.
(d) The fare home.
14. What color is Fanny's hair?
15. What does Crixus offer to send to London ahead of Flashman's arrival?
(a) A letter to Flashman's wife.
(b) Flashman's bounty.
(c) Comber's report.
(d) Comber's dead body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Abraham's position aboard the USS Cormorant?
2. What does Flashman decide to stand for at the beginning of this chapter?
3. When does Kirk say slaving was good?
4. Who does Lincoln think stands to make the most money from the gold rush in California?
5. What does Comber ask Flashman if he opposes?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)