|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What culture's style does Flashman adopt in Chapter 7?
(a) Southern style.
(b) New York style.
(c) Paris style.
(d) Canadian style.
2. Why does Flashman want to become a politician?
(a) It is a quiet life.
(b) It would be fun.
(c) It is exciting.
(d) It is a lot of money.
3. What does Spring order to be hosed down?
(a) The captives.
(b) The crew.
(c) The hold.
(d) The deck.
4. Who treats Comber in this section?
(a) Dr. Arnold.
(b) Dr. Flicker.
(c) Dr. Spring.
(d) Dr. Murphy.
5. Who does Lincoln think stands to make the most money from the gold rush in California?
(a) Equipment suppliers.
(b) Local saloon owners.
(c) The newspapers.
(d) The movie business.
6. Who is Spring buying the Amazons from?
7. What do Amazon's amputate so it does not interfere with their archery?
(a) An eye.
(b) A small finger.
(c) A breast.
(d) An arm.
8. What does Flashman say could endanger prosecution?
(a) Immediately going back to London.
(b) Irrational thinking.
(c) A trail outside Washington.
(d) Premature enclosure.
9. What kind of work does Crixus compare freeing slaves to?
(a) War work.
(b) Charity work.
(c) Holy work.
(d) Humanitarian work.
10. Which character does Flashman say is now unrecognizable as a human?
11. To what city does Fairbrother want to rush Flashman?
(b) New York.
(c) New Orleans.
12. Where on the ship do the officers want to put the adult slaves?
(a) The hold.
(b) The gallery.
(c) The deck.
(d) The engine room.
13. What is a coffle?
(a) An intelligent slave.
(b) A reliable slave.
(c) A dead slave.
(d) A line of chained slaves.
14. What kind of gun does Spring order Flashman to demonstrate?
(a) A Colt.
(b) An Ak-46.
(c) A Winchester.
(d) A Magnum.
15. What is the name of Spring's clipper?
(a) Bitter Moon.
(b) Balliol College.
(d) Blue Boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Flashman compare Randolph's face?
2. In what country will the women's value increase if they are pregnant?
3. Which member of his crew does Spring leave behind as a slave?
4. What does Flashman decide to stand for at the beginning of this chapter?
5. What name does Flashman adopt in this section?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)