|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Chronicler's Sin," a town is plagued by ______.
(c) Night raids.
2. The cobbler is related to which former war hero?
3. How long has the couple been apart?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 9 months.
4. What is the name of the former girlfriend in "August Evening?"
5. The man, desperate, reaches out to _____.
(a) Tree branches.
(b) Grab a rock.
(c) A rope.
(d) His dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Jane's sister?
2. One customer leaves ____ as a tip.
3. Where does the man find the woman in "Space?"
4. The man at the hospital was getting stitches in which part of his body?
5. What animal is made using origami?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Here's Another Ending," discuss the actions of the owners of the dog and how they try to trick a neighbor.
2. Who is "The Philosophical Cobbler?" What is his main concern and goal?
3. Vines: Discuss the man's main issue in "Vines" and what he says to his wife. How does the wife respond?
4. In "The Cage," a man is trapped with no way to get free under his own power. Explain what happens that what it might mean.
5. In "Fear: Four Examples," explain the main source of the man's fear regarding his daughter.
6. Discuss the odd behavior in the town described in "A Chronicler's Sin."
7. What does Henry Dobbins use as a way of protecting himself while at war? What happens that might change the talisman?
8. Girl: Discuss some of the items that the girl must learn to do in the home.
9. In "Corners," what are the sisters doing at the beginning of the story? What upsets Jessie so much that she runs outside?
10. What realization does the widow come to in regards to her missing husband?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)