|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The mother warns that okra harbors which type of insect?
2. The man wonders how much money it would take to buy a/n _____.
3. What is the name of "The Nicest Kid in the Universe?"
4. Music from what famous musician is playing in the beginning of "The Sewers of Salt Lake?"
(a) Four Tops.
(d) Jerry Lee Lewis.
5. What is the name of Teddy's wife in "Teddy's Canary?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interviews the widow?
2. What is the name of the girlfriend in "The Burlington Northern, Southbound?"
3. In "Blackberries," a woman tells her husband that they cannot eat the blackberries he has picked because they have run out of ___.
4. What is the name of the former girlfriend in "August Evening?"
5. In "What Happened During the Ice Storm," animals are protected by being taken into the barn. One species of birds remains outside. What birds remain outside?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the man so distraught in "The Paring Knife?"
2. What realization does the widow come to in regards to her missing husband?
3. Discuss the odd behavior in the town described in "A Chronicler's Sin."
4. Who is "The Philosophical Cobbler?" What is his main concern and goal?
5. What happens to the babies in "The Parents?"
6. What holiday tragedy happens to Franky Gorky in "The Nicest Kid in the Universe?"
7. Girl: The mother gives the daughter several references about becoming what?
8. What is the most interesting thing about the people at "108 John Street?"
9. Discuss the findings of the parents in "The Sewers of Salt Lake."
10. Discuss Jane's attitude in "Jane." What does Jane do instead of follow her parents' orders?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)