|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The boys cover the birds with which of the following:
2. The man sends the girl to which type of establishment?
(a) Shopping mall.
(b) Hardware store.
(c) Adult book store.
3. What is the name of the girlfriend in "The Burlington Northern, Southbound?"
4. Who does something to upset one of the sisters?
(c) Funeral director.
(d) Traffic cop.
5. The cobbler is related to which former war hero?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives three houses away in "Here?"
2. How does the father eventually die?
3. At what time of day did the woman like to weed the garden?
4. The man compares the dialogue to running down the page like a rivulet of _____.
5. What item does the woman win in a sweepstakes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the woman to be upset in "Water?" What does the woman do?
2. What is the most interesting thing about the people at "108 John Street?"
3. Discuss the life of the young girl in "The Restraints."
4. What happens when Louise finds Teddy on the floor in "Teddy's Canary?"
5. Why was the man so distraught in "The Paring Knife?"
6. The author of "Bread" questions if anyone should eat bread. Why?
7. Discuss the findings of the parents in "The Sewers of Salt Lake."
8. Discuss the odd behavior in the town described in "A Chronicler's Sin."
9. What realization does the widow come to in regards to her missing husband?
10. Discuss what might happen after the owner finds the dead rabbit in "Here's Another Ending."
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)