|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a cobbler do?
(a) Lays cobblestones.
(b) Bakes desserts.
(c) Makes barrels.
(d) Fixes shoes.
2. Where is the daughter's location when she leaves to go to her father's house?
(a) High school.
3. How long has the couple been apart?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 6 months.
4. What is the name of Teddy's wife in "Teddy's Canary?"
5. What is the name of the man's friend?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about the woman in the neighborhood?
2. In "Water," a woman goes to her boyfriend's apartment to do which of the following?
3. The boy uses two of his three wishes to change which of the following:
4. What is the name of the chef in "Deportation at Breakfast?"
5. The girl receives so many ____ that she begins to collect them.
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the interruptions faced by the man in "The Continuity of Parks."
2. What realization does the widow come to in regards to her missing husband?
3. What does Henry Dobbins use as a way of protecting himself while at war? What happens that might change the talisman?
4. Discuss the findings of the parents in "The Sewers of Salt Lake."
5. Why does Emily feel invisible in "Offerings?" What does Emily do after she collects a large number of apologies?
6. Girl: The mother gives the daughter several references about becoming what?
7. What holiday tragedy happens to Franky Gorky in "The Nicest Kid in the Universe?"
8. Why was the man so distraught in "The Paring Knife?"
9. In "The Cage," a man is trapped with no way to get free under his own power. Explain what happens that what it might mean.
10. What is the most interesting thing about the people at "108 John Street?"
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)