|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man compares the dialogue to running down the page like a rivulet of _____.
2. The woman tells her husband that her friends are on a tour in which city?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
3. The cobbler is related to which former war hero?
4. At the end of the story, everyone sings songs by ______.
(a) Eric Clapton.
(b) Whitney Houston.
(c) Jimi Hendrix.
(d) Engelbert Humperdinck.
5. In "The Continuity of Parks," a man sits in an arm chair in his study. What material covers the armchair?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the snapshot taken?
2. Which food should be soaked overnight before it is cooked?
3. What is unusual about the woman in the neighborhood?
4. In "Water," a woman goes to her boyfriend's apartment to do which of the following?
5. What word does the man use to describe the drama regarding the hero and heroine of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the interview with "The Last Parakeet."
2. What is the most interesting thing about the people at "108 John Street?"
3. What causes the woman to be upset in "Water?" What does the woman do?
4. In "Corners," what are the sisters doing at the beginning of the story? What upsets Jessie so much that she runs outside?
5. What realization does the widow come to in regards to her missing husband?
6. Girl: The mother gives the daughter several references about becoming what?
7. Discuss the interruptions faced by the man in "The Continuity of Parks."
8. What is the thing that seems to bother the woman most in "The Haircut?"
9. Who is "The Philosophical Cobbler?" What is his main concern and goal?
10. Why does Emily feel invisible in "Offerings?" What does Emily do after she collects a large number of apologies?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)