|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Chronicler's Sin," a town is plagued by ______.
(d) Night raids.
2. What critter does the dog bring back to the family home?
3. What is the name of the soldier in "Stockings?"
4. Which plant should get plenty of water so it does not make your throat itch?
5. In "Blackberries," a woman tells her husband that they cannot eat the blackberries he has picked because they have run out of ___.
Short Answer Questions
1. in "The Restraints," a man forces a young girl to do which of the following:
2. What is unusual about the woman in the neighborhood?
3. What is the chef cooking when he is arrested?
4. The woman teaches her daughter how to ___ without getting hit.
5. Where is the daughter's location when she leaves to go to her father's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Here's Another Ending," discuss the actions of the owners of the dog and how they try to trick a neighbor.
2. Discuss the life of the young girl in "The Restraints."
3. In "Fear: Four Examples," explain the main source of the man's fear regarding his daughter.
4. What does Henry Dobbins use as a way of protecting himself while at war? What happens that might change the talisman?
5. What happens to the babies in "The Parents?"
6. "Here" describes a neighborhood in which everyone is friendly but does not socialize. Describe the neighborhood.
7. In "The Cage," a man is trapped with no way to get free under his own power. Explain what happens that what it might mean.
8. Discuss the interruptions faced by the man in "The Continuity of Parks."
9. Discuss the interview with "The Last Parakeet."
10. Why was the man so distraught in "The Paring Knife?"
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)