|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which food should be soaked overnight before it is cooked?
2. Where are the friends gathered when they talk about Teddy?
(b) Golf course.
(c) Teddy's garage.
3. You should always do what to bread to make sure that it's fresh?
4. Music from what famous musician is playing in the beginning of "The Sewers of Salt Lake?"
(a) Jerry Lee Lewis.
(d) Four Tops.
5. in "Bread," the rich woman refuses to give bread to her sister so that she can feed her _____ children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the soldier in "Stockings?"
2. At the end of "Yoghurt," the man thinks his wife looks serene and _____.
3. The woman tells her husband that her friends are on a tour in which city?
4. What is the name of Teddy's wife in "Teddy's Canary?"
5. What kind of dog is mentioned in "Here's Another Ending?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What holiday tragedy happens to Franky Gorky in "The Nicest Kid in the Universe?"
2. What is the most interesting thing about the people at "108 John Street?"
3. Discuss the findings of the parents in "The Sewers of Salt Lake."
4. In "The Cage," a man is trapped with no way to get free under his own power. Explain what happens that what it might mean.
5. What does Henry Dobbins use as a way of protecting himself while at war? What happens that might change the talisman?
6. What happens when Louise finds Teddy on the floor in "Teddy's Canary?"
7. Why does Emily feel invisible in "Offerings?" What does Emily do after she collects a large number of apologies?
8. Discuss the scene in the restaurant in "Deportation at Breakfast."
9. What causes the woman to be upset in "Water?" What does the woman do?
10. In "Here's Another Ending," discuss the actions of the owners of the dog and how they try to trick a neighbor.
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)