|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not on Jane's to-do list?
(a) Bring in the newspapers.
(b) Watch the baby.
(c) Feed the cats.
(d) Water the plants.
2. What critter does the dog bring back to the family home?
3. What is the chef cooking when he is arrested?
(a) French fries.
4. How old is the woman in "The Widow?"
5. What does a cobbler do?
(a) Makes barrels.
(b) Fixes shoes.
(c) Bakes desserts.
(d) Lays cobblestones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the chef in "Deportation at Breakfast?"
2. in "The Restraints," a man forces a young girl to do which of the following:
3. The segments on the morning show include all but which subject?
4. The woman teaches her daughter how to ___ without getting hit.
5. At what time of day did the woman like to weed the garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Jane's attitude in "Jane." What does Jane do instead of follow her parents' orders?
2. In "Fear: Four Examples," explain the main source of the man's fear regarding his daughter.
3. In "The Cage," a man is trapped with no way to get free under his own power. Explain what happens that what it might mean.
4. In "Corners," what are the sisters doing at the beginning of the story? What upsets Jessie so much that she runs outside?
5. What does Henry Dobbins use as a way of protecting himself while at war? What happens that might change the talisman?
6. Discuss the odd behavior in the town described in "A Chronicler's Sin."
7. "Here" describes a neighborhood in which everyone is friendly but does not socialize. Describe the neighborhood.
8. Who is "The Philosophical Cobbler?" What is his main concern and goal?
9. What happens when Louise finds Teddy on the floor in "Teddy's Canary?"
10. Discuss the findings of the parents in "The Sewers of Salt Lake."
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)