|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. in "Girl," the author writes a very long list of dos and don'ts for a young lady. Which of the following is not included in the section on sweeping?
(b) Whole house.
2. The woman tells her husband that her friends are on a tour in which city?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
3. How old is the woman in "The Widow?"
4. The father finds the girl and tells her to choose between him and a/n _____.
5. What is the name of the main female character in "Offerings?"
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Blackberries," a woman tells her husband that they cannot eat the blackberries he has picked because they have run out of ___.
2. in "The Cage," a man is trapped by which of the following:
3. The woman sees her boyfriend sitting with a new lover next to a/n _____.
4. What is the name of the chef in "Deportation at Breakfast?"
5. What is the name of the girlfriend in "The Burlington Northern, Southbound?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Louise finds Teddy on the floor in "Teddy's Canary?"
2. What holiday tragedy happens to Franky Gorky in "The Nicest Kid in the Universe?"
3. Discuss the findings of the parents in "The Sewers of Salt Lake."
4. What causes the woman to be upset in "Water?" What does the woman do?
5. Discuss the odd behavior in the town described in "A Chronicler's Sin."
6. Discuss the life of the young girl in "The Restraints."
7. In "Fear: Four Examples," explain the main source of the man's fear regarding his daughter.
8. Why does Emily feel invisible in "Offerings?" What does Emily do after she collects a large number of apologies?
9. Girl: The mother gives the daughter several references about becoming what?
10. What is the most interesting thing about the people at "108 John Street?"
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)