|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although the boy is the nicest kid in the universe, he is not very ______.
2. At what time of day did the woman like to weed the garden?
(a) 3 AM.
(c) 4 AM.
(d) 5 AM.
3. How long had the couple been married in "The Haircut?"
(a) 5 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 8 years.
4. "The Last Parakeet" is what type of parakeet?
5. What type of animal is found and fed in the sewer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog is mentioned in "Here's Another Ending?"
2. in "Snapshot, Harvey Cedars: 1948," a girl looks at a picture of her parents. What was the father's dream profession?
3. One customer leaves ____ as a tip.
4. What does a cobbler do?
5. The boys cover the birds with which of the following:
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Cage," a man is trapped with no way to get free under his own power. Explain what happens that what it might mean.
2. The author of "Bread" questions if anyone should eat bread. Why?
3. What happens when Louise finds Teddy on the floor in "Teddy's Canary?"
4. In "Corners," what are the sisters doing at the beginning of the story? What upsets Jessie so much that she runs outside?
5. Girl: Discuss some of the items that the girl must learn to do in the home.
6. Discuss the scene in the restaurant in "Deportation at Breakfast."
7. Vines: Discuss the man's main issue in "Vines" and what he says to his wife. How does the wife respond?
8. Discuss Jane's attitude in "Jane." What does Jane do instead of follow her parents' orders?
9. Discuss the life of the young girl in "The Restraints."
10. In "Here's Another Ending," discuss the actions of the owners of the dog and how they try to trick a neighbor.
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)