|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the roommates thinks he should read about which war?
(a) Revolutionary War.
(b) War of the Roses.
(d) War of 1812.
2. What is the chef cooking when he is arrested?
(b) French fries.
3. What is the first name of "The Philosophical Cobbler?
4. What does a cobbler do?
(a) Makes barrels.
(b) Lays cobblestones.
(c) Fixes shoes.
(d) Bakes desserts.
5. in "The Restraints," a man forces a young girl to do which of the following:
(b) Sell drugs.
(c) Wash the dishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finishes cooking the breakfast?
2. Who does something to upset one of the sisters?
3. Where was the snapshot taken?
4. Music from what famous musician is playing in the beginning of "The Sewers of Salt Lake?"
5. What is the name of the former girlfriend in "August Evening?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Vines: Discuss the man's main issue in "Vines" and what he says to his wife. How does the wife respond?
2. Discuss the odd behavior in the town described in "A Chronicler's Sin."
3. In "Fear: Four Examples," explain the main source of the man's fear regarding his daughter.
4. Girl: The mother gives the daughter several references about becoming what?
5. Discuss Jane's attitude in "Jane." What does Jane do instead of follow her parents' orders?
6. Discuss the life of the young girl in "The Restraints."
7. Girl: Discuss some of the items that the girl must learn to do in the home.
8. What causes the woman to be upset in "Water?" What does the woman do?
9. What happens when Louise finds Teddy on the floor in "Teddy's Canary?"
10. Discuss the interruptions faced by the man in "The Continuity of Parks."
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)