|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does the man let the phone ring as a signal to his wife?
2. Where is the daughter's location when she leaves to go to her father's house?
(b) High school.
3. One customer leaves ____ as a tip.
4. In "The Continuity of Parks," a man sits in an arm chair in his study. What material covers the armchair?
5. "The Last Parakeet" is what type of parakeet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the soldier in "Stockings?"
2. The man, desperate, reaches out to _____.
3. in "Snapshot, Harvey Cedars: 1948," a girl looks at a picture of her parents. What was the father's dream profession?
4. How old is the woman in "The Widow?"
5. In "Fear: Four Examples," a man is upset because his daughter is late coming home. How many hours late is the daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the odd behavior in the town described in "A Chronicler's Sin."
2. Discuss the scene in the restaurant in "Deportation at Breakfast."
3. What is the thing that seems to bother the woman most in "The Haircut?"
4. In "Here's Another Ending," discuss the actions of the owners of the dog and how they try to trick a neighbor.
5. Discuss Jane's attitude in "Jane." What does Jane do instead of follow her parents' orders?
6. Who is "The Philosophical Cobbler?" What is his main concern and goal?
7. Discuss the findings of the parents in "The Sewers of Salt Lake."
8. What happens to the babies in "The Parents?"
9. What is the most interesting thing about the people at "108 John Street?"
10. Girl: Discuss some of the items that the girl must learn to do in the home.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)