|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The segments on the morning show include all but which subject?
(c) Football star.
(d) 100-year-old woman.
2. What is the name of the girlfriend in "The Burlington Northern, Southbound?"
3. in "The Cage," a man is trapped by which of the following:
(c) Barbed wire.
4. The man at the hospital was getting stitches in which part of his body?
5. The girl receives so many ____ that she begins to collect them.
(a) Chain letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the birds?
2. in "Bread," the rich woman refuses to give bread to her sister so that she can feed her _____ children.
3. What is the name of the main female character in "Offerings?"
4. What critter does the dog bring back to the family home?
5. The cobbler is related to which former war hero?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the life of the young girl in "The Restraints."
2. In "Here's Another Ending," discuss the actions of the owners of the dog and how they try to trick a neighbor.
3. In "Fear: Four Examples," explain the main source of the man's fear regarding his daughter.
4. "Here" describes a neighborhood in which everyone is friendly but does not socialize. Describe the neighborhood.
5. Discuss the odd behavior in the town described in "A Chronicler's Sin."
6. Who is "The Philosophical Cobbler?" What is his main concern and goal?
7. Girl: Discuss some of the items that the girl must learn to do in the home.
8. The author of "Bread" questions if anyone should eat bread. Why?
9. Discuss Jane's attitude in "Jane." What does Jane do instead of follow her parents' orders?
10. What is the most interesting thing about the people at "108 John Street?"
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)