|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of music is often played by the roommates?
2. What item does the woman's neighbor borrow?
(c) Cup of sugar.
3. In "Yoghurt," a man and woman fight over _____ in a grocery store.
4. Which food should be soaked overnight before it is cooked?
5. Although the boy is the nicest kid in the universe, he is not very ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. The boy uses two of his three wishes to change which of the following:
2. Music from what famous musician is playing in the beginning of "The Sewers of Salt Lake?"
3. "The Last Parakeet" is what type of parakeet?
4. in "The Paring Knife," how long had the knife been under the refrigerator?
5. In "What Happened During the Ice Storm," animals are protected by being taken into the barn. One species of birds remains outside. What birds remain outside?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the woman to be upset in "Water?" What does the woman do?
2. "Here" describes a neighborhood in which everyone is friendly but does not socialize. Describe the neighborhood.
3. What happens to the babies in "The Parents?"
4. Discuss Jane's attitude in "Jane." What does Jane do instead of follow her parents' orders?
5. In "Fear: Four Examples," explain the main source of the man's fear regarding his daughter.
6. The author of "Bread" questions if anyone should eat bread. Why?
7. Discuss what might happen after the owner finds the dead rabbit in "Here's Another Ending."
8. What happens when Louise finds Teddy on the floor in "Teddy's Canary?"
9. Girl: Discuss some of the items that the girl must learn to do in the home.
10. Discuss the interruptions faced by the man in "The Continuity of Parks."
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)