|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The boy uses two of his three wishes to change which of the following:
(d) Little brother.
2. How long had the couple been married in "The Haircut?"
(a) 6 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 5 years.
3. What is the name of the husband in "The Factory?"
4. At the end of "Yoghurt," the man thinks his wife looks serene and _____.
5. In "The Continuity of Parks," a man sits in an arm chair in his study. What material covers the armchair?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Water," a woman goes to her boyfriend's apartment to do which of the following?
2. In "Blackberries," a woman tells her husband that they cannot eat the blackberries he has picked because they have run out of ___.
3. What is the name of Teddy's wife in "Teddy's Canary?"
4. The cobbler is related to which former war hero?
5. in "Girl," the author writes a very long list of dos and don'ts for a young lady. Which of the following is not included in the section on sweeping?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the babies in "The Parents?"
2. What holiday tragedy happens to Franky Gorky in "The Nicest Kid in the Universe?"
3. In "Fear: Four Examples," explain the main source of the man's fear regarding his daughter.
4. Girl: Discuss some of the items that the girl must learn to do in the home.
5. Vines: Discuss the man's main issue in "Vines" and what he says to his wife. How does the wife respond?
6. Discuss the interruptions faced by the man in "The Continuity of Parks."
7. What does Henry Dobbins use as a way of protecting himself while at war? What happens that might change the talisman?
8. Discuss the interview with "The Last Parakeet."
9. Discuss the scene in the restaurant in "Deportation at Breakfast."
10. Why was the man so distraught in "The Paring Knife?"
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)