|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The mother warns that okra harbors which type of insect?
2. The man, desperate, reaches out to _____.
(a) His dog.
(b) Grab a rock.
(c) Tree branches.
(d) A rope.
3. What animal is made using origami?
4. What is the name of the main female character in "Offerings?"
5. Who lives three houses away in "Here?"
(d) The Dalai Lama.
Short Answer Questions
1. in "The Cage," a man is trapped by which of the following:
2. In "The Continuity of Parks," a man sits in an arm chair in his study. What material covers the armchair?
3. How long has the couple been apart?
4. The man wonders how much money it would take to buy a/n _____.
5. Where is the daughter's location when she leaves to go to her father's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the thing that seems to bother the woman most in "The Haircut?"
2. In "The Cage," a man is trapped with no way to get free under his own power. Explain what happens that what it might mean.
3. What is the most interesting thing about the people at "108 John Street?"
4. Discuss the interview with "The Last Parakeet."
5. What holiday tragedy happens to Franky Gorky in "The Nicest Kid in the Universe?"
6. What happens to the babies in "The Parents?"
7. Discuss the scene in the restaurant in "Deportation at Breakfast."
8. Discuss the interruptions faced by the man in "The Continuity of Parks."
9. Girl: The mother gives the daughter several references about becoming what?
10. Who is "The Philosophical Cobbler?" What is his main concern and goal?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)