|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the husband in "The Factory?"
2. What is the name of Teddy's wife in "Teddy's Canary?"
3. in "The Paring Knife," how long had the knife been under the refrigerator?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 4 years.
4. In "Yoghurt," a man and woman fight over _____ in a grocery store.
5. In "The Parents," where do the parents take their babies?
(a) Swimming pool.
(c) Fun center.
(d) Christmas party.
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman sees her boyfriend sitting with a new lover next to a/n _____.
2. How does the father eventually die?
3. "The Last Parakeet" is what type of parakeet?
4. In "Blackberries," a woman tells her husband that they cannot eat the blackberries he has picked because they have run out of ___.
5. The man at the hospital was getting stitches in which part of his body?
Short Essay Questions
1. Girl: Discuss some of the items that the girl must learn to do in the home.
2. "Here" describes a neighborhood in which everyone is friendly but does not socialize. Describe the neighborhood.
3. Why was the man so distraught in "The Paring Knife?"
4. Discuss the odd behavior in the town described in "A Chronicler's Sin."
5. Discuss the interview with "The Last Parakeet."
6. Who is "The Philosophical Cobbler?" What is his main concern and goal?
7. What happens to the babies in "The Parents?"
8. The author of "Bread" questions if anyone should eat bread. Why?
9. In "Here's Another Ending," discuss the actions of the owners of the dog and how they try to trick a neighbor.
10. What causes the woman to be upset in "Water?" What does the woman do?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)