|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives three houses away in "Here?"
(b) The Dalai Lama.
2. Which of the following is not one of the sisters mentioned in "Corners?"
3. The man tries to console the woman by saying he will marry her and take her to ______ for a honeymoon.
4. "The Last Parakeet" is what type of parakeet?
5. The woman teaches her daughter how to ___ without getting hit.
(a) Drop food in hot oil.
(b) Beat rugs.
(c) Throw stones.
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman tells her husband that her friends are on a tour in which city?
2. What is the first name of "The Philosophical Cobbler?
3. What type of music is often played by the roommates?
4. Who does something to upset one of the sisters?
5. What is the name of the husband in "The Factory?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Jane's attitude in "Jane." What does Jane do instead of follow her parents' orders?
2. What does Henry Dobbins use as a way of protecting himself while at war? What happens that might change the talisman?
3. In "Corners," what are the sisters doing at the beginning of the story? What upsets Jessie so much that she runs outside?
4. Discuss what might happen after the owner finds the dead rabbit in "Here's Another Ending."
5. Why does Emily feel invisible in "Offerings?" What does Emily do after she collects a large number of apologies?
6. Why was the man so distraught in "The Paring Knife?"
7. What happens when Louise finds Teddy on the floor in "Teddy's Canary?"
8. Discuss the findings of the parents in "The Sewers of Salt Lake."
9. Discuss the odd behavior in the town described in "A Chronicler's Sin."
10. Discuss the life of the young girl in "The Restraints."
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)