|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the driver die?
(b) Head Trauma.
(c) Run over by his own car.
(d) Broken neck.
2. The man takes a bus to New York City and finds a room next to which famous location?
(a) Madison Square Garden.
(b) Yankee Stadium.
(c) Statue of Liberty.
(d) Empire State Building.
3. In "Love Poems," a man decides to write a love poem for which occasion?
(c) Valentine's Day.
4. Who is killed by the pumpkin truck?
(a) Middle aged man.
(b) Old woman.
(c) Young man.
(d) Young woman.
5. What item does the woman have difficulty throwing away?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Corporal had once dreamed of achieving which rank?
2. In "Night," a man wakes up and thinks he hears the sound of a _____.
3. The man talks about attaching one of the creatures to which of the following?
4. In "Subtotals," a man is obsessed with which of the following?
5. The bears are touring what country?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Love Poems," a man is inspired to write a love poem to his mistress. It is the best poem the man has ever written. Discuss the man's work and what he does with it in the end.
2. Discuss the opening scene in "Ponderosa."
3. "The Father" discusses the birth of a new baby and the family resemblance. What opinions are voiced?
4. In "Mandy Shupe," a mother tells her young daughter about Mandy Shupe, a Mennonite woman who goes a bit wild. The basic story is told and the mother's purpose for the parable as well as the grown up daughter's reaction explained.
5. Discuss the man's final decision in "Corporal."
6. In "The One Sitting There," a woman has difficulty cleaning out her refrigerator. What is the problem?
7. Explain the goal of the stones in the desert.
8. What causes the car accident in "Pumpkins?"
9. Explain the scene between the woman and the salesman in the "Lampshade Vendor."
10. What common topic is discussed between the woman and the soldier in "Dish Night?"
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)