|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dried human body part does the Colonel pull out of a sack?
2. The wife does not understand her husband's need for which of the following?
(c) Farm workers.
(d) A mistress.
3. The man takes a bus to New York City and finds a room next to which famous location?
(a) Yankee Stadium.
(b) Statue of Liberty.
(c) Empire State Building.
(d) Madison Square Garden.
4. What is the woman's name?
5. Pumpkins remind the person of which disease?
(b) Scarlet fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bears were in the circus?
2. Drills are scheduled in case there should be an attack from which country?
3. What unusual prosthesis does the man have?
4. The Corporal had once dreamed of achieving which rank?
5. In thinking about pumpkins, the man thinks about his childhood illness and cans of which chilled fruit?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Grace Period," what do you think is happening to the man witnessing the bright light?
2. Explain the actions of the bears in Chile in "Brilliant Silence." Why do the bears act this way?
3. What causes the stones to become fearful? What is a distinction of stones?
4. "The Appalachian Trail" reflects the story of a wife determined to hike the 2,000 mile trail. Discuss the husband's reaction to the trip.
5. In "The One Sitting There," a woman has difficulty cleaning out her refrigerator. What is the problem?
6. In "The Colonel," what is the situation with the men at dinner?
7. Explain why Mr. Mumsford is so angry. What does the man intend to do? Why?
8. Give some examples of the man's experiences in "Subtotals."
9. "A Public Denial" tells a somewhat humorous story about a man trying to clear his deceased grandfather's name. What killed the old man?
10. In "Vision Out of the Corner of One Eye" tells the story of two people on a train. What happens between the man and woman?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)