|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Grace Period," a man is outside doing which of the following activities:
(a) Washing his car.
(b) Trimming bushes.
(c) Painting a fence.
(d) Mowing the grass.
2. What is the name of the theatre that gives out free dishes?
(a) Wells Theatre.
(b) The Marquee.
(c) Jones Theatre.
3. Who is sad about the pumpkin truck accident?
(d) Ambulance driver.
4. What is the man's profession?
(c) Golf pro.
5. The man also eats which part of his own body?
Short Answer Questions
1. The items remind the woman of which of the following:
2. What item does the woman have difficulty throwing away?
3. When the man wakes his wife, she only says one word. What is the word?
4. Where does the story "Draft Horse" take place?
5. In "Pendergrast's Daughter," what is the name of the girlfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the opening scene in "Ponderosa."
2. In "Love Poems," a man is inspired to write a love poem to his mistress. It is the best poem the man has ever written. Discuss the man's work and what he does with it in the end.
3. Why do the man and his young lover have such varying opinions on what they see in "Everything is Green?"
4. In "Nadine at 35: Synopsis," explain what Nadine does when her husband leaves her and why she allows him to come back.
5. Explain why Mr. Mumsford is so angry. What does the man intend to do? Why?
6. In "The Colonel," what is the situation with the men at dinner?
7. "The Appalachian Trail" reflects the story of a wife determined to hike the 2,000 mile trail. Discuss the husband's reaction to the trip.
8. Discuss the interruptions faced by the man in "The Continuity of Parks."
9. What holiday tragedy happens to Franky Gorky in "The Nicest Kid in the Universe?"
10. Vines: Discuss the man's main issue in "Vines" and what he says to his wife. How does the wife respond?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)