|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nadine is told by her husband that he wants to leave. Where does the husband go?
2. What is the profession of Jimmy's father?
(b) TV producer.
(d) Bible salesman.
3. The man tells the woman about his former business as the owner of which of the following?
(a) Ant farm.
(b) Spider web.
(c) Flea circus.
(d) Worm hotel.
4. In "True Love," two people meet at a conference. What is their common profession?
5. What is the only item that does not break?
(a) China doll.
Short Answer Questions
1. The people see images of silvery ______ outside their window.
2. Where does the story "Draft Horse" take place?
3. What is the name of the girl's sister, who is a nun?
4. In "Grace Period," a man is outside doing which of the following activities:
5. The man also eats which part of his own body?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Colonel," what is the situation with the men at dinner?
2. In "Mandy Shupe," a mother tells her young daughter about Mandy Shupe, a Mennonite woman who goes a bit wild. The basic story is told and the mother's purpose for the parable as well as the grown up daughter's reaction explained.
3. Why does the girl think the U.S. is being attacked by Russian missiles?
4. Explain the goal of the stones in the desert.
5. "A Public Denial" tells a somewhat humorous story about a man trying to clear his deceased grandfather's name. What killed the old man?
6. How does the therapist behave in an unprofessional manner?
7. In "Nadine at 35: Synopsis," explain what Nadine does when her husband leaves her and why she allows him to come back.
8. Discuss the opening scene in "Ponderosa."
9. What is the main issue with Jimmy in the beginning of "Ponderosa?"
10. "The Appalachian Trail" reflects the story of a wife determined to hike the 2,000 mile trail. Discuss the husband's reaction to the trip.
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)