|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the driver die?
(b) Broken neck.
(c) Head Trauma.
(d) Run over by his own car.
2. The man tells the woman about his former business as the owner of which of the following?
(a) Worm hotel.
(b) Ant farm.
(c) Flea circus.
(d) Spider web.
3. The man decides to send the poem to his poet friend in which country?
4. What is the name of the young girl that attends Catholic school in "Snow?"
5. In "Night," a man wakes up and thinks he hears the sound of a _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "True Love," two people meet at a conference. What is their common profession?
2. What dried human body part does the Colonel pull out of a sack?
3. in "The Father," a family questions the appearance of a new _____.
4. What household fixture begins to cause problems?
5. What is the man's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the accident that injures Jimmy? What happens after the accident?
2. In "The One Sitting There," a woman has difficulty cleaning out her refrigerator. What is the problem?
3. How do Karen and Konrad meet in "Roseville?" What event does the meeting prompt?
4. Give some examples of the man's experiences in "Subtotals."
5. Why does the girl think the U.S. is being attacked by Russian missiles?
6. Explain the actions of the bears in Chile in "Brilliant Silence." Why do the bears act this way?
7. Discuss the attitude of the man in "Wedding Night."
8. "A Public Denial" tells a somewhat humorous story about a man trying to clear his deceased grandfather's name. What killed the old man?
9. In "The Colonel," what is the situation with the men at dinner?
10. In "Grace Period," what do you think is happening to the man witnessing the bright light?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)