|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pumpkins remind the person of which disease?
(b) Scarlet fever.
2. In "Night," a man wakes up and thinks he hears the sound of a _____.
3. The bears are touring what country?
4. Mr. Mumsford threatens to kill a man using what weapon?
(b) Baseball bat.
(c) Pocket knife.
(d) Tire iron.
5. Jimmy's father accuses his son of ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jimmy loses the ability to _____, which his father claims is God's will.
2. Bored, the boy falls asleep looking at pumpkins and wakes up look at a/n:
3. What is Mr. Mumsford's job?
4. Drills are scheduled in case there should be an attack from which country?
5. Where do the old stones want to stay?
Short Essay Questions
1. "A Public Denial" tells a somewhat humorous story about a man trying to clear his deceased grandfather's name. What killed the old man?
2. "The Appalachian Trail" reflects the story of a wife determined to hike the 2,000 mile trail. Discuss the husband's reaction to the trip.
3. Explain why Mr. Mumsford is so angry. What does the man intend to do? Why?
4. In "Mandy Shupe," a mother tells her young daughter about Mandy Shupe, a Mennonite woman who goes a bit wild. The basic story is told and the mother's purpose for the parable as well as the grown up daughter's reaction explained.
5. Discuss the opening scene in "Ponderosa."
6. In "The One Sitting There," a woman has difficulty cleaning out her refrigerator. What is the problem?
7. What common topic is discussed between the woman and the soldier in "Dish Night?"
8. In "Vision Out of the Corner of One Eye" tells the story of two people on a train. What happens between the man and woman?
9. Why does the girlfriend refuse to return her would-be husband's phone calls?
10. Why do the man and his young lover have such varying opinions on what they see in "Everything is Green?"
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)