|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the cats ruins which item?
(b) Sports section.
(c) Crossword puzzle.
2. Where does the story "Draft Horse" take place?
3. What common kitchen item does the man eat?
4. In thinking about pumpkins, the man thinks about his childhood illness and cans of which chilled fruit?
5. In the "Gold Coast" a couple stays on the _____ floor of a hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items is not something the man sees when he looks out the window into the rainy day?
2. In "Wedding Night," a man works at a _____.
3. The man tells the woman he reminds of which creature?
4. The man talks about attaching one of the creatures to which of the following?
5. A woman contemplates making a phone call to which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main issue with Jimmy in the beginning of "Ponderosa?"
2. Why does the girl think the U.S. is being attacked by Russian missiles?
3. In "Mandy Shupe," a mother tells her young daughter about Mandy Shupe, a Mennonite woman who goes a bit wild. The basic story is told and the mother's purpose for the parable as well as the grown up daughter's reaction explained.
4. In "Grace Period," what do you think is happening to the man witnessing the bright light?
5. Explain the issue in "From the Floodlands" and the realization of the people.
6. What causes the stones to become fearful? What is a distinction of stones?
7. "A Public Denial" tells a somewhat humorous story about a man trying to clear his deceased grandfather's name. What killed the old man?
8. In "The One Sitting There," a woman has difficulty cleaning out her refrigerator. What is the problem?
9. How does the woman intend to trick her boyfriend in "I Get Smart?"
10. Why do the man and his young lover have such varying opinions on what they see in "Everything is Green?"
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)