|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the male lead character in "Fingers?"
2. What common kitchen item does the man eat?
3. A woman throws out which items?
4. What is the nickname given to Mr. Mumsford?
5. What is the name of the woman's first boyfriend?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many kids does the couple have?
2. What is the man's profession?
3. The mother falls off of a:
4. What is the woman's name?
5. Toward the end of the story Jimmy becomes a/n:
Short Essay Questions
1. What temporarily dissuades the couple from making love in "True Love?"
2. Discuss the interview with "The Last Parakeet."
3. Discuss Jane's attitude in "Jane." What does Jane do instead of follow her parents' orders?
4. In "Corners," what are the sisters doing at the beginning of the story? What upsets Jessie so much that she runs outside?
5. In "Mandy Shupe," a mother tells her young daughter about Mandy Shupe, a Mennonite woman who goes a bit wild. The basic story is told and the mother's purpose for the parable as well as the grown up daughter's reaction explained.
6. Discuss the interruptions faced by the man in "The Continuity of Parks."
7. Why does the girl think the U.S. is being attacked by Russian missiles?
8. What realization does the widow come to in regards to her missing husband?
9. In "The One Sitting There," a woman has difficulty cleaning out her refrigerator. What is the problem?
10. In "Fear: Four Examples," explain the main source of the man's fear regarding his daughter.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)