|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the story "Draft Horse" take place?
2. What is the name of the young girl that attends Catholic school in "Snow?"
3. In "Pendergrast's Daughter," what is the name of the girlfriend?
4. The Corporal had once dreamed of achieving which rank?
5. Where do the old stones want to stay?
Short Answer Questions
1. Nadine is told by her husband that he wants to leave. Where does the husband go?
2. One day the man is _____ while at work.
3. In "Night," a man wakes up and thinks he hears the sound of a _____.
4. In "Wedding Night," a man works at a _____.
5. A man attempts to cross Spider Creek using what mode of transportation?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Grace Period," what do you think is happening to the man witnessing the bright light?
2. How does the therapist behave in an unprofessional manner?
3. How do Karen and Konrad meet in "Roseville?" What event does the meeting prompt?
4. Discuss the man's final decision in "Corporal."
5. Why does the girl think the U.S. is being attacked by Russian missiles?
6. What causes the car accident in "Pumpkins?"
7. In "Mandy Shupe," a mother tells her young daughter about Mandy Shupe, a Mennonite woman who goes a bit wild. The basic story is told and the mother's purpose for the parable as well as the grown up daughter's reaction explained.
8. Discuss the meaning behind the man's action in "Fingers."
9. Explain the issue in "From the Floodlands" and the realization of the people.
10. Give some examples of the man's experiences in "Subtotals."
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)