|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In thinking about pumpkins, the man thinks about his childhood illness and cans of which chilled fruit?
2. Later, the mother tells her daughter that Mandy is also a _____.
3. The man talks about attaching one of the creatures to which of the following?
4. Toward the end of the story Jimmy becomes a/n:
(b) Construction worker.
(c) Telephone operator.
(d) Record producer.
5. The man takes a bus to New York City and finds a room next to which famous location?
(a) Yankee Stadium.
(b) Empire State Building.
(c) Madison Square Garden.
(d) Statue of Liberty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men visit the Colonel for dinner?
2. The items remind the woman of which of the following:
3. What reminds the bears of spotlights?
4. In "Night," a man wakes up and thinks he hears the sound of a _____.
5. In "Subtotals," a man is obsessed with which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the man and his young lover have such varying opinions on what they see in "Everything is Green?"
2. In "Love Poems," a man is inspired to write a love poem to his mistress. It is the best poem the man has ever written. Discuss the man's work and what he does with it in the end.
3. What causes the car accident in "Pumpkins?"
4. In "Mandy Shupe," a mother tells her young daughter about Mandy Shupe, a Mennonite woman who goes a bit wild. The basic story is told and the mother's purpose for the parable as well as the grown up daughter's reaction explained.
5. Discuss the opening scene in "Ponderosa."
6. In "Nadine at 35: Synopsis," explain what Nadine does when her husband leaves her and why she allows him to come back.
7. What temporarily dissuades the couple from making love in "True Love?"
8. What is the accident that injures Jimmy? What happens after the accident?
9. "The Appalachian Trail" reflects the story of a wife determined to hike the 2,000 mile trail. Discuss the husband's reaction to the trip.
10. Why does the girl think the U.S. is being attacked by Russian missiles?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)