|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The items remind the woman of which of the following:
2. Bored, the boy falls asleep looking at pumpkins and wakes up look at a/n:
(a) Easter basket.
(d) Christmas tree.
3. Jimmy's father accuses his son of ______.
4. Where do the old stones want to stay?
5. What is the name of the woman's first boyfriend?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car was used in the fatal event?
2. What is the name of the girl's sister, who is a nun?
3. What type of bears were in the circus?
4. In "Feeding the Hungry," a man gets angry with which group?
5. What is the name of the second boyfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main issue with Jimmy in the beginning of "Ponderosa?"
2. Discuss the attitude of the man in "Wedding Night."
3. In "Corners," what are the sisters doing at the beginning of the story? What upsets Jessie so much that she runs outside?
4. Why do the man and his young lover have such varying opinions on what they see in "Everything is Green?"
5. In "Grace Period," what do you think is happening to the man witnessing the bright light?
6. Girl: The mother gives the daughter several references about becoming what?
7. What causes the car accident in "Pumpkins?"
8. How do Karen and Konrad meet in "Roseville?" What event does the meeting prompt?
9. Explain why Mr. Mumsford is so angry. What does the man intend to do? Why?
10. Why was the man so distraught in "The Paring Knife?"
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)