|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Appalachian Trail," a woman has decided to hike the ______ mile length of the trail.
2. The man served in which war?
(b) World War I.
(d) Civil War.
3. In the "Gold Coast" a couple stays on the _____ floor of a hotel.
4. In "Wedding Night," a man works at a _____.
(a) Bus station.
(d) Coffee shop.
5. What is the name of the young girl that attends Catholic school in "Snow?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Later, the mother tells her daughter that Mandy is also a _____.
2. What is the name of the woman's first boyfriend?
3. What is the man's profession?
4. The Corporal had once dreamed of achieving which rank?
5. The bears are touring what country?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the scene between the woman and the salesman in the "Lampshade Vendor."
2. Explain the actions of the bears in Chile in "Brilliant Silence." Why do the bears act this way?
3. Explain the issue in "From the Floodlands" and the realization of the people.
4. What is the main issue with Jimmy in the beginning of "Ponderosa?"
5. What is the accident that injures Jimmy? What happens after the accident?
6. How do Karen and Konrad meet in "Roseville?" What event does the meeting prompt?
7. "A Public Denial" tells a somewhat humorous story about a man trying to clear his deceased grandfather's name. What killed the old man?
8. Discuss the attitude of the man in "Wedding Night."
9. Explain why Mr. Mumsford is so angry. What does the man intend to do? Why?
10. What common topic is discussed between the woman and the soldier in "Dish Night?"
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)