|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Corporal had once dreamed of achieving which rank?
2. Where do the old stones want to stay?
3. What type of bears were in the circus?
4. What kind of car was used in the fatal event?
5. Mandy Shupe goes to which location to meet a man?
(a) The Bahamas.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Crystal Beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reminds the bears of spotlights?
2. How many kids does the couple have?
3. A woman contemplates making a phone call to which of the following?
4. Drills are scheduled in case there should be an attack from which country?
5. Who is sad about the pumpkin truck accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Mr. Mumsford is so angry. What does the man intend to do? Why?
2. Explain the scene between the woman and the salesman in the "Lampshade Vendor."
3. Discuss the man's final decision in "Corporal."
4. In "Love Poems," a man is inspired to write a love poem to his mistress. It is the best poem the man has ever written. Discuss the man's work and what he does with it in the end.
5. In "Mandy Shupe," a mother tells her young daughter about Mandy Shupe, a Mennonite woman who goes a bit wild. The basic story is told and the mother's purpose for the parable as well as the grown up daughter's reaction explained.
6. In "The Colonel," what is the situation with the men at dinner?
7. "The Appalachian Trail" reflects the story of a wife determined to hike the 2,000 mile trail. Discuss the husband's reaction to the trip.
8. What causes the car accident in "Pumpkins?"
9. What is the main issue with Jimmy in the beginning of "Ponderosa?"
10. What is the accident that injures Jimmy? What happens after the accident?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)