|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The mother falls off of a:
(a) Car hood.
2. The man served in which war?
(b) Civil War.
(c) World War I.
3. The woman gets ---- new cats.
4. "A Public Denial" is about a man wanting to clear up an ugly rumor about his ______.
5. What item does the woman have difficulty throwing away?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items is not something the man sees when he looks out the window into the rainy day?
2. The man talks about attaching one of the creatures to which of the following?
3. The man takes a bus to New York City and finds a room next to which famous location?
4. A man knocks on a woman's door, hoping to sell a lampshade. What part of the man's body is missing?
5. In "Wedding Night," a man works at a _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the therapist behave in an unprofessional manner?
2. What common topic is discussed between the woman and the soldier in "Dish Night?"
3. Why do the man and his young lover have such varying opinions on what they see in "Everything is Green?"
4. What causes the stones to become fearful? What is a distinction of stones?
5. "The Appalachian Trail" reflects the story of a wife determined to hike the 2,000 mile trail. Discuss the husband's reaction to the trip.
6. In "Grace Period," what do you think is happening to the man witnessing the bright light?
7. Why does the girl think the U.S. is being attacked by Russian missiles?
8. In "The Colonel," what is the situation with the men at dinner?
9. In "The One Sitting There," a woman has difficulty cleaning out her refrigerator. What is the problem?
10. In "Love Poems," a man is inspired to write a love poem to his mistress. It is the best poem the man has ever written. Discuss the man's work and what he does with it in the end.
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)