|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Mumsford's job?
2. When the man wakes his wife, she only says one word. What is the word?
3. How many years has the couple been married?
4. A woman throws out which items?
5. The Corporal had once dreamed of achieving which rank?
Short Answer Questions
1. "A Public Denial" is about a man wanting to clear up an ugly rumor about his ______.
2. In "I Get Smart," a woman initially owns ____ cats.
3. What is the only item that does not break?
4. Mandy Shupe goes to which location to meet a man?
5. What dried human body part does the Colonel pull out of a sack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the girlfriend refuse to return her would-be husband's phone calls?
2. Explain the actions of the bears in Chile in "Brilliant Silence." Why do the bears act this way?
3. "The Appalachian Trail" reflects the story of a wife determined to hike the 2,000 mile trail. Discuss the husband's reaction to the trip.
4. Why do the man and his young lover have such varying opinions on what they see in "Everything is Green?"
5. In "The Colonel," what is the situation with the men at dinner?
6. In "The One Sitting There," a woman has difficulty cleaning out her refrigerator. What is the problem?
7. What is the main issue with Jimmy in the beginning of "Ponderosa?"
8. What causes the car accident in "Pumpkins?"
9. Explain why Mr. Mumsford is so angry. What does the man intend to do? Why?
10. Give some examples of the man's experiences in "Subtotals."
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)