|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Appalachian Trail," a woman has decided to hike the ______ mile length of the trail.
2. What is the name of the second boyfriend?
3. The man looks at a photograph of which family member?
(b) Third cousin.
(d) Great uncle.
4. Where do the old stones want to stay?
5. After the man returns from the war, he plays one sport for two weeks. What is the sport?
(a) Ping pong.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the man wakes his wife, she only says one word. What is the word?
2. Who is sad about the pumpkin truck accident?
3. What is the name of the woman's first boyfriend?
4. Which type of food has the man choked on?
5. What is the name of the girl's sister, who is a nun?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the man's final decision in "Corporal."
2. What causes the stones to become fearful? What is a distinction of stones?
3. Explain the issue in "From the Floodlands" and the realization of the people.
4. How does the therapist behave in an unprofessional manner?
5. In "Nadine at 35: Synopsis," explain what Nadine does when her husband leaves her and why she allows him to come back.
6. What causes the car accident in "Pumpkins?"
7. Why does the girl think the U.S. is being attacked by Russian missiles?
8. Explain the goal of the stones in the desert.
9. Explain the actions of the bears in Chile in "Brilliant Silence." Why do the bears act this way?
10. What temporarily dissuades the couple from making love in "True Love?"
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)