|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Love Poems," a man decides to write a love poem for which occasion?
(c) Valentine's Day.
2. A woman contemplates making a phone call to which of the following?
(b) Husband's mistress.
(c) Lover's wife.
3. In "Dinner Time," a woman is injured in what way in the kitchen?
(b) Punches herself.
4. "A Public Denial" is about a man wanting to clear up an ugly rumor about his ______.
5. What is the name of the lead male character in "Everything is Green?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal attacks the trainer?
2. Jimmy loses the ability to _____, which his father claims is God's will.
3. In thinking about pumpkins, the man thinks about his childhood illness and cans of which chilled fruit?
4. What is the name of the girl's sister, who is a nun?
5. What is the name of the woman's first boyfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The One Sitting There," a woman has difficulty cleaning out her refrigerator. What is the problem?
2. Explain why Mr. Mumsford is so angry. What does the man intend to do? Why?
3. How do Karen and Konrad meet in "Roseville?" What event does the meeting prompt?
4. Give some examples of the man's experiences in "Subtotals."
5. "The Father" discusses the birth of a new baby and the family resemblance. What opinions are voiced?
6. Explain the scene between the woman and the salesman in the "Lampshade Vendor."
7. Discuss the opening scene in "Ponderosa."
8. Explain the actions of the bears in Chile in "Brilliant Silence." Why do the bears act this way?
9. Explain the goal of the stones in the desert.
10. Why does the girlfriend refuse to return her would-be husband's phone calls?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)