|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the girl's sister, who is a nun?
2. When the man wakes his wife, she only says one word. What is the word?
3. The Corporal had once dreamed of achieving which rank?
4. In "Love Poems," a man decides to write a love poem for which occasion?
(c) Valentine's Day.
5. What household fixture begins to cause problems?
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman gets ---- new cats.
2. A woman contemplates making a phone call to which of the following?
3. Who is sad about the pumpkin truck accident?
4. In thinking about pumpkins, the man thinks about his childhood illness and cans of which chilled fruit?
5. What common kitchen item does the man eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Here" describes a neighborhood in which everyone is friendly but does not socialize. Describe the neighborhood.
2. In "The Cage," a man is trapped with no way to get free under his own power. Explain what happens that what it might mean.
3. What common topic is discussed between the woman and the soldier in "Dish Night?"
4. Discuss the attitude of the man in "Wedding Night."
5. Discuss Jane's attitude in "Jane." What does Jane do instead of follow her parents' orders?
6. "A Public Denial" tells a somewhat humorous story about a man trying to clear his deceased grandfather's name. What killed the old man?
7. What does Henry Dobbins use as a way of protecting himself while at war? What happens that might change the talisman?
8. Discuss the opening scene in "Ponderosa."
9. Girl: The mother gives the daughter several references about becoming what?
10. What is the accident that injures Jimmy? What happens after the accident?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)