|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the "Gold Coast" a couple stays on the _____ floor of a hotel.
2. Mandy Shupe goes to which location to meet a man?
(a) Crystal Beach.
(b) The Bahamas.
(c) Los Angeles.
3. In "Wedding Night," a man works at a _____.
(b) Bus station.
(d) Coffee shop.
4. Pumpkins remind the person of which disease?
(b) Scarlet fever.
5. The man ends up with a broken ____ and a bloody wound.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Mumsford threatens to kill a man using what weapon?
2. What common kitchen item does the man eat?
3. The wife does not understand her husband's need for which of the following?
4. The people relate the view to their _____.
5. The items remind the woman of which of the following:
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the woman intend to trick her boyfriend in "I Get Smart?"
2. What is the main issue with Jimmy in the beginning of "Ponderosa?"
3. Why does the girl think the U.S. is being attacked by Russian missiles?
4. Why do the man and his young lover have such varying opinions on what they see in "Everything is Green?"
5. Discuss the meaning behind the man's action in "Fingers."
6. "The Appalachian Trail" reflects the story of a wife determined to hike the 2,000 mile trail. Discuss the husband's reaction to the trip.
7. In "Vision Out of the Corner of One Eye" tells the story of two people on a train. What happens between the man and woman?
8. Discuss the attitude of the man in "Wedding Night."
9. In "Mandy Shupe," a mother tells her young daughter about Mandy Shupe, a Mennonite woman who goes a bit wild. The basic story is told and the mother's purpose for the parable as well as the grown up daughter's reaction explained.
10. What causes the stones to become fearful? What is a distinction of stones?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)