|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the second boyfriend?
2. One of the cats ruins which item?
(b) Sports section.
(c) Crossword puzzle.
3. What type of bears were in the circus?
4. In "Love Poems," a man decides to write a love poem for which occasion?
(d) Valentine's Day.
5. The man tells the woman about his former business as the owner of which of the following?
(a) Worm hotel.
(b) Flea circus.
(c) Ant farm.
(d) Spider web.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman's first boyfriend?
2. The man takes a bus to New York City and finds a room next to which famous location?
3. The man tells the woman he reminds of which creature?
4. How did the couple meet in "232-9979?"
5. Who is sad about the pumpkin truck accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the goal of the stones in the desert.
2. "A Public Denial" tells a somewhat humorous story about a man trying to clear his deceased grandfather's name. What killed the old man?
3. How do Karen and Konrad meet in "Roseville?" What event does the meeting prompt?
4. What common topic is discussed between the woman and the soldier in "Dish Night?"
5. Discuss the opening scene in "Ponderosa."
6. "The Father" discusses the birth of a new baby and the family resemblance. What opinions are voiced?
7. How does the therapist behave in an unprofessional manner?
8. In "Vision Out of the Corner of One Eye" tells the story of two people on a train. What happens between the man and woman?
9. Why does the girl think the U.S. is being attacked by Russian missiles?
10. In "Grace Period," what do you think is happening to the man witnessing the bright light?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)