|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The mother warns that okra harbors which type of insect?
2. What is the name of the girlfriend in "The Burlington Northern, Southbound?"
3. Who interviews the widow?
4. Which plant should get plenty of water so it does not make your throat itch?
5. Where was the snapshot taken?
(c) Living room.
6. In "Water," a woman goes to her boyfriend's apartment to do which of the following?
(a) Water plants.
(b) Take care of the dog.
(c) Get the mail.
(d) Do the laundry.
7. What is the name of Jane's sister?
8. The woman teaches her daughter how to ___ without getting hit.
(a) Drop food in hot oil.
(b) Throw stones.
(d) Beat rugs.
9. One of the roommates thinks he should read about which war?
(a) War of 1812.
(c) Revolutionary War.
(d) War of the Roses.
10. How does the father eventually die?
(a) Freak accident.
(c) Struck by lightning.
11. Which food should be soaked overnight before it is cooked?
12. The boy uses two of his three wishes to change which of the following:
(c) Little brother.
13. One customer leaves ____ as a tip.
14. You should always do what to bread to make sure that it's fresh?
15. Which of the following is not one of the sisters mentioned in "Corners?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the friends gathered when they talk about Teddy?
2. How long has the couple been apart?
3. in "The Cage," a man is trapped by which of the following:
4. What is the name of the man's friend?
5. in "The Paring Knife," how long had the knife been under the refrigerator?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)