|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the main female character in "Offerings?"
2. Where are the friends gathered when they talk about Teddy?
(a) Golf course.
(b) Teddy's garage.
3. Who interviews the widow?
4. At the end of "Yoghurt," the man thinks his wife looks serene and _____.
5. The girl receives so many ____ that she begins to collect them.
(b) Chain letters.
6. The man, desperate, reaches out to _____.
(a) Tree branches.
(b) His dog.
(c) Grab a rock.
(d) A rope.
7. What type of music is often played by the roommates?
8. What word does the man use to describe the drama regarding the hero and heroine of the story?
9. How many times does the man let the phone ring as a signal to his wife?
10. The mother warns that okra harbors which type of insect?
11. Where is the daughter's location when she leaves to go to her father's house?
(c) High school.
12. At the end of the story, everyone sings songs by ______.
(a) Eric Clapton.
(b) Jimi Hendrix.
(c) Engelbert Humperdinck.
(d) Whitney Houston.
13. What is the name of the soldier in "Stockings?"
14. What is the name of the girlfriend in "The Burlington Northern, Southbound?"
15. In "Blackberries," a woman tells her husband that they cannot eat the blackberries he has picked because they have run out of ___.
Short Answer Questions
1. The boy uses two of his three wishes to change which of the following:
2. The woman tells her husband that her friends are on a tour in which city?
3. What item does the woman win in a sweepstakes?
4. What is the name of the man's friend?
5. The man sends the girl to which type of establishment?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)