|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woman teaches her daughter how to ___ without getting hit.
(b) Drop food in hot oil.
(c) Throw stones.
(d) Beat rugs.
2. How old is the woman in "The Widow?"
3. The cobbler is related to which former war hero?
4. What item does the woman win in a sweepstakes?
(c) Movie tickets.
5. The woman sees her boyfriend sitting with a new lover next to a/n _____.
(a) Oak tree.
(b) Fast food restaurant.
(c) Sports car.
6. What does a cobbler do?
(a) Lays cobblestones.
(b) Bakes desserts.
(c) Makes barrels.
(d) Fixes shoes.
7. Who interviews the widow?
8. You should always do what to bread to make sure that it's fresh?
9. The man wonders how much money it would take to buy a/n _____.
10. In "A Chronicler's Sin," a town is plagued by ______.
(d) Night raids.
11. What animal is made using origami?
12. in "Girl," the author writes a very long list of dos and don'ts for a young lady. Which of the following is not included in the section on sweeping?
(b) Whole house.
13. At the end of the story, everyone sings songs by ______.
(a) Jimi Hendrix.
(b) Whitney Houston.
(c) Engelbert Humperdinck.
(d) Eric Clapton.
14. The girl receives so many ____ that she begins to collect them.
(c) Chain letters.
15. The boys cover the birds with which of the following:
Short Answer Questions
1. The man is fighting in which war?
2. The mother warns that okra harbors which type of insect?
3. In "The Continuity of Parks," a man sits in an arm chair in his study. What material covers the armchair?
4. How long had the couple been married in "The Haircut?"
5. in "The Paring Knife," how long had the knife been under the refrigerator?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)