|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The girl receives so many ____ that she begins to collect them.
(c) Chain letters.
2. Which of the following is not on Jane's to-do list?
(a) Watch the baby.
(b) Feed the cats.
(c) Bring in the newspapers.
(d) Water the plants.
3. Where was the snapshot taken?
(c) Living room.
4. What is unusual about the woman in the neighborhood?
(a) Very tall.
(b) Very small.
(c) Very young.
(d) Very old.
5. One of the roommates thinks he should read about which war?
(a) War of 1812.
(b) Revolutionary War.
(d) War of the Roses.
6. in "Vines," a man worries about which of the following?
(c) Thinning hair.
(d) Being unfaithful.
7. Who does something to upset one of the sisters?
(a) Traffic cop.
(b) Funeral director.
8. What item did the man throw onto the floor in anger?
(a) Paring Knife.
9. What is the name of the husband in "The Factory?"
10. What is the name of Jane's sister?
11. What is the name of the soldier in "Stockings?"
12. in "Girl," the author writes a very long list of dos and don'ts for a young lady. Which of the following is not included in the section on sweeping?
(b) Whole house.
13. What does a cobbler do?
(a) Bakes desserts.
(b) Fixes shoes.
(c) Makes barrels.
(d) Lays cobblestones.
14. You should always do what to bread to make sure that it's fresh?
15. In "Fear: Four Examples," a man is upset because his daughter is late coming home. How many hours late is the daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Blackberries," a woman tells her husband that they cannot eat the blackberries he has picked because they have run out of ___.
2. What critter does the dog bring back to the family home?
3. Where are the friends gathered when they talk about Teddy?
4. The boys cover the birds with which of the following:
5. Where is the daughter's location when she leaves to go to her father's house?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)