|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first name of "The Philosophical Cobbler?
2. What item did the man throw onto the floor in anger?
(b) Paring Knife.
3. In "The Parents," where do the parents take their babies?
(a) Fun center.
(c) Swimming pool.
(d) Christmas party.
4. The man, desperate, reaches out to _____.
(a) Grab a rock.
(b) His dog.
(c) Tree branches.
(d) A rope.
5. The woman teaches her daughter how to ___ without getting hit.
(b) Throw stones.
(c) Drop food in hot oil.
(d) Beat rugs.
6. What is wrong with the birds?
7. In "Yoghurt," a man and woman fight over _____ in a grocery store.
8. What is the name of the chef in "Deportation at Breakfast?"
9. Who interviews the widow?
10. In "The Continuity of Parks," a man sits in an arm chair in his study. What material covers the armchair?
11. You should always do what to bread to make sure that it's fresh?
12. The mother warns that okra harbors which type of insect?
13. One of the roommates thinks he should read about which war?
(b) War of 1812.
(c) Revolutionary War.
(d) War of the Roses.
14. How many times does the man let the phone ring as a signal to his wife?
15. At the end of the story, everyone sings songs by ______.
(a) Engelbert Humperdinck.
(b) Eric Clapton.
(c) Jimi Hendrix.
(d) Whitney Houston.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does the woman's neighbor borrow?
2. The man at the hospital was getting stitches in which part of his body?
3. Which plant should get plenty of water so it does not make your throat itch?
4. Although the boy is the nicest kid in the universe, he is not very ______.
5. How does the father eventually die?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)