|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the man find the woman in "Space?"
(d) Alley way.
2. Although the boy is the nicest kid in the universe, he is not very ______.
3. At the end of the story, everyone sings songs by ______.
(a) Engelbert Humperdinck.
(b) Eric Clapton.
(c) Jimi Hendrix.
(d) Whitney Houston.
4. What is the first name of "The Philosophical Cobbler?
5. The cobbler is related to which former war hero?
6. What word does the man use to describe the drama regarding the hero and heroine of the story?
7. The man at the hospital was getting stitches in which part of his body?
8. What does a cobbler do?
(a) Fixes shoes.
(b) Makes barrels.
(c) Bakes desserts.
(d) Lays cobblestones.
9. In "The Parents," where do the parents take their babies?
(a) Fun center.
(b) Swimming pool.
(d) Christmas party.
10. The man wonders how much money it would take to buy a/n _____.
11. Where are the friends gathered when they talk about Teddy?
(c) Golf course.
(d) Teddy's garage.
12. What type of music is often played by the roommates?
13. In "Yoghurt," a man and woman fight over _____ in a grocery store.
14. Which plant should get plenty of water so it does not make your throat itch?
15. Which of the following is not one of the sisters mentioned in "Corners?"
Short Answer Questions
1. In "What Happened During the Ice Storm," animals are protected by being taken into the barn. One species of birds remains outside. What birds remain outside?
2. How long had the couple been married in "The Haircut?"
3. How many times does the man let the phone ring as a signal to his wife?
4. What is the name of the soldier in "Stockings?"
5. Who interviews the widow?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)