|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man at the hospital was getting stitches in which part of his body?
2. Which food should be soaked overnight before it is cooked?
3. The boy uses two of his three wishes to change which of the following:
(b) Little brother.
4. What is the name of the girlfriend in "The Burlington Northern, Southbound?"
5. Which plant should get plenty of water so it does not make your throat itch?
6. What critter does the dog bring back to the family home?
7. In "Blackberries," a woman tells her husband that they cannot eat the blackberries he has picked because they have run out of ___.
8. The man compares the dialogue to running down the page like a rivulet of _____.
9. One customer leaves ____ as a tip.
10. What is the name of Teddy's wife in "Teddy's Canary?"
11. At the end of "Yoghurt," the man thinks his wife looks serene and _____.
12. in "The Restraints," a man forces a young girl to do which of the following:
(c) Sell drugs.
(d) Wash the dishes.
13. What does a cobbler do?
(a) Makes barrels.
(b) Fixes shoes.
(c) Bakes desserts.
(d) Lays cobblestones.
14. Music from what famous musician is playing in the beginning of "The Sewers of Salt Lake?"
(c) Four Tops.
(d) Jerry Lee Lewis.
15. Which is not an activity of the roommates at "108 John Street?"
(c) Mah jongg
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does the woman's neighbor borrow?
2. The woman tells her husband that her friends are on a tour in which city?
3. Although the boy is the nicest kid in the universe, he is not very ______.
4. The girl receives so many ____ that she begins to collect them.
5. in "Snapshot, Harvey Cedars: 1948," a girl looks at a picture of her parents. What was the father's dream profession?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)