|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The couple, hoping to reconcile, meets at an airport in which state?
(a) New York.
2. Where are the friends gathered when they talk about Teddy?
(a) Teddy's garage.
(b) Golf course.
3. What item does the woman's neighbor borrow?
(a) Cup of sugar.
4. The man is fighting in which war?
(b) Civil War.
(d) World War I.
5. in "Girl," the author writes a very long list of dos and don'ts for a young lady. Which of the following is not included in the section on sweeping?
(b) Whole house.
6. Which of the following is not one of the sisters mentioned in "Corners?"
7. In "Blackberries," a woman tells her husband that they cannot eat the blackberries he has picked because they have run out of ___.
8. Where was the snapshot taken?
(b) Living room.
9. At the end of the story, everyone sings songs by ______.
(a) Eric Clapton.
(b) Engelbert Humperdinck.
(c) Jimi Hendrix.
(d) Whitney Houston.
10. In "Yoghurt," a man and woman fight over _____ in a grocery store.
11. What type of animal is found and fed in the sewer?
12. In "A Chronicler's Sin," a town is plagued by ______.
(d) Night raids.
13. What is the chef cooking when he is arrested?
(b) French fries.
14. What does a cobbler do?
(a) Fixes shoes.
(b) Bakes desserts.
(c) Makes barrels.
(d) Lays cobblestones.
15. The man sends the girl to which type of establishment?
(a) Adult book store.
(b) Shopping mall.
(c) Hardware store.
Short Answer Questions
1. in "The Cage," a man is trapped by which of the following:
2. In "Water," a woman goes to her boyfriend's apartment to do which of the following?
3. What animal is made using origami?
4. What critter does the dog bring back to the family home?
5. What kind of dog is mentioned in "Here's Another Ending?"
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)