|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One day the man is _____ while at work.
(d) Spit on.
2. What reminds the bears of spotlights?
3. The man tells the woman he reminds of which creature?
(b) Praying mantis.
4. The bears are touring what country?
5. In "Subtotals," a man is obsessed with which of the following?
(a) Counting things.
6. Who is sad about the pumpkin truck accident?
(b) Ambulance driver.
7. In "The Appalachian Trail," a woman has decided to hike the ______ mile length of the trail.
8. Which of the following items is not something the man sees when he looks out the window into the rainy day?
(a) Beer can.
(c) Jump rope.
9. What item does the woman have difficulty throwing away?
10. Mandy Shupe goes to which location to meet a man?
(b) The Bahamas.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Crystal Beach.
11. A woman contemplates making a phone call to which of the following?
(a) Lover's wife.
(c) Husband's mistress.
12. In "Grace Period," a man is outside doing which of the following activities:
(a) Painting a fence.
(b) Washing his car.
(c) Trimming bushes.
(d) Mowing the grass.
13. Toward the end of the story Jimmy becomes a/n:
(a) Telephone operator.
(b) Record producer.
(c) Construction worker.
14. Drills are scheduled in case there should be an attack from which country?
15. How did the couple meet in "232-9979?"
(a) TV show.
(c) Car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man's profession?
2. The man tells the woman about his former business as the owner of which of the following?
3. What is Mr. Mumsford's job?
4. What unusual prosthesis does the man have?
5. What are the people complaining about in "From the Floodlands?"
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)