Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Brilliant Silence through Crossing Spider Creek Abstract
* Brilliant Silence: Bears tour in Chile and dance in the circus.
* The bears escape after their trainer is killed.
* The bears' descendants dance like their ancestors.
* Pumpkins: There is a terrible accident involving a truckload of pumpkins.
* A woman becomes hysterical; the woman's therapist cannot help.
* The therapist is...
This section contains 2,612 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)