|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Rene's parade cancel in 1945?
2. Who introduced a bill for a monument to be built based on Rosenthal's image?
3. Where did the photographs taken by journalists go after being processed?
4. When did John Bradley write to his parents about his helping raising the flag?
5. What did the men use to raise the American flag on the top of mount Suribachi?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Joe Rosenthal?
2. What did Rene reveal to the army after being identified as a flag raiser, and who threatened him?
3. What did many people who watched the raising of the flag mistakenly assume?
4. How was the war chest described at the start of "Chapter Sixteen: The Bond Tour" and "Chapter Seventeen: A Conflict of Honor"?
5. What happened to Ira in December 1954?
6. What did Ira complain about while participating in the war bond drive?
7. What was unveiled in 1954 according to "Chapter Eighteen: Movies and Monuments" and "Chapter Nineteen: Casualties of War"?
8. What did the Easy Company do under the charge of Captain Severance?
9. What did the American commander not have any choice in after waiting for tanks to cover his troops?
10. What happened when Mike and others dove into a foxhole in "Chapter Thirteen: We Gave Our Today"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the post-war focus on the soldiers and how they handled the reality of war differently.
Essay Topic 2
Examine why our nation's heroes are immortalized.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role that mothers played in the lives of the six flag raisers.
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)