|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Marines use in conjunction with grenades to destroy Japanese underground structures?
2. What happened to Lt. Severance in March 1945?
3. Why was Rene ordered to keep quiet that it was Harlon Block and not Hansen that was in the photo?
4. What part of the Iwo Jima mountain did Easy Company go to in "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two"?
5. How long did it take for the Marines to clear the volcano according to "Chapter Eleven: The Flags"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Mike and others dove into a foxhole in "Chapter Thirteen: We Gave Our Today"?
2. What did Rene reveal to the army after being identified as a flag raiser, and who threatened him?
3. What never happened again after the ceremony for the unveiling of the Arlington statue?
4. What did Harlon Block's letter home a few days after the raising of the flag say?
5. What did the American commander not have any choice in after waiting for tanks to cover his troops?
6. What did March 25, 1945 mark?
7. What did reporters know about the flag raising?
8. What happened to Ira in December 1954?
9. What was the process like for processing film according to "Chapter 12: Myths"?
10. What did the Easy Company do under the charge of Captain Severance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the Easy Company and its responsibilities.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how James Bradley uses characterization to demonstrate the tension between boyhood and manhood.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between duty and patriotism.
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)