|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers were unaccounted for on "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two" on Iwo Jima?
2. Who was the only man first identified in the Rosenthal photo?
3. What part of the Iwo Jima mountain did Easy Company go to in "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two"?
4. How much of Easy Company's forces were lost on "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two"?
5. What happened to Lt. Severance in March 1945?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Rene reveal to the army after being identified as a flag raiser, and who threatened him?
2. Which of the flag raisers that survived the war were interred at Arlington?
3. What did Jack Bradley do when he returned home in "Chapter Fourteen: Antigo" and "Chapter Fifteen: Coming Home"?
4. What did many people who watched the raising of the flag mistakenly assume?
5. What did the American commander not have any choice in after waiting for tanks to cover his troops?
6. What could the Marines sometimes hear during battle on Iwo Jima?
7. What message did the Potsdam Declaration send to Japan?
8. What was unveiled in 1954 according to "Chapter Eighteen: Movies and Monuments" and "Chapter Nineteen: Casualties of War"?
9. What was the process like for processing film according to "Chapter 12: Myths"?
10. What did the Wall Street broker-dealer organization announce during the war bond drive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role that mothers played in the lives of the six flag raisers.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the Easy Company and its responsibilities.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the training of the Japanese and how their planning affected American military operations.
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)