|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bombers were using the Iwo Jima air strips in 1945?
2. When was Ira arrested for the 55th time?
3. What happened to Martha Strank in the couple of months following her learning about her son's death?
4. Who decided which photographs were good enough to be published?
5. What did John Bradley buy after returning to the U.S?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the process like for processing film according to "Chapter 12: Myths"?
2. After he died, what did Jack's children learn about his emotional state following the war?
3. What did Jack Bradley do when he returned home in "Chapter Fourteen: Antigo" and "Chapter Fifteen: Coming Home"?
4. What did reporters know about the flag raising?
5. What did the Easy Company do under the charge of Captain Severance?
6. Who did the image of the flag steal the headlines from back home?
7. What did March 25, 1945 mark?
8. What did Colonel Johnson order on day five of the Iwo Jima invasion, according to "Chapter Eleven: The Flags"?
9. What could the Marines sometimes hear during battle on Iwo Jima?
10. What did the Wall Street broker-dealer organization announce during the war bond drive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how James Bradley uses characterization to demonstrate the tension between boyhood and manhood.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the meaning and significance of the bronze statue's inscription, "Uncommon Valor was a Common Virtue."
Essay Topic 3
Examine why Pearl Harbor was known as the "day that will live in infamy," and the meaning of this statement.
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)