|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How large was the unit sent to the top of mount Suribachi?
2. Why was Rene ordered to keep quiet that it was Harlon Block and not Hansen that was in the photo?
3. Who did Ira, John, and Rene meet in Washington?
4. What part of John Bradley was on the picture run in the newspaper?
5. Where was Ralph Ignatowski's body found?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the meaning and significance of the bronze statue's inscription, "Uncommon Valor was a Common Virtue."
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the role of rhetorical questions and how they are used by James Bradley.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Bradley's use of foreshadowing and other literary techniques, such as the use of short sentences in Flags of Our Fathers.
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)