|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave the larger American flag to the brig at the top of Mount Suribachi?
2. Who decided which photographs were good enough to be published?
3. What unit did Easy Company rejoin on March 1, 1945 according to "Chapter Thirteen: We Gave Our Today"?
4. What did the AP editor say when he chose Rosenthal's picture?
5. How much money did the Wall Street broker-dealer organization give to the war bond drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did March 25, 1945 mark?
2. What did Ira complain about while participating in the war bond drive?
3. What never happened again after the ceremony for the unveiling of the Arlington statue?
4. What did Colonel Johnson order on day five of the Iwo Jima invasion, according to "Chapter Eleven: The Flags"?
5. What did the American commander not have any choice in after waiting for tanks to cover his troops?
6. What did Jack Bradley do when he returned home in "Chapter Fourteen: Antigo" and "Chapter Fifteen: Coming Home"?
7. Who did the image of the flag steal the headlines from back home?
8. What did reporters know about the flag raising?
9. What did the Easy Company face on the third day in "Chapter Nine: D Day Plus Two" and "Chapter Ten: D Day Plus Three"?
10. Who was Joe Rosenthal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the influence of religion on the young soldiers and their families in Flags of Our Fathers.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the post-war focus on the soldiers and how they handled the reality of war differently.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the training of the Japanese and how their planning affected American military operations.
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)