|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who continued to follow the lives of the three remaining flag raisers?
2. What ship was destroyed by Kamikazes in "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two" ?
3. Who took over Mike's unit after his death?
4. What did John Bradley buy after returning to the U.S?
5. Who decided which photographs were good enough to be published?
Short Essay Questions
1. After he died, what did Jack's children learn about his emotional state following the war?
2. What could the Marines sometimes hear during battle on Iwo Jima?
3. What did Jack Bradley do when he returned home in "Chapter Fourteen: Antigo" and "Chapter Fifteen: Coming Home"?
4. What was unveiled in 1954 according to "Chapter Eighteen: Movies and Monuments" and "Chapter Nineteen: Casualties of War"?
5. What happened to Ira in December 1954?
6. What was the process like for processing film according to "Chapter 12: Myths"?
7. What did President Truman do during the war bond drive?
8. What did reporters know about the flag raising?
9. What did Rene reveal to the army after being identified as a flag raiser, and who threatened him?
10. What were the losses among the Marines on the first three days of Iwo Jima?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of the media in World War II and how the media led to false beliefs being perpetuated about the end of the war.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the training of the Japanese and how their planning affected American military operations.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the post-war focus on the soldiers and how they handled the reality of war differently.
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)