|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picked up Rosenthal's picture at the AP office?
2. What happened to Martha Strank in the couple of months following her learning about her son's death?
3. Who did Ira, John, and Rene meet in Washington?
4. What false information was communicated to the Bradley's before their son came back home?
5. When did Goldie finally receive news of her son's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the American commander not have any choice in after waiting for tanks to cover his troops?
2. What was the process like for processing film according to "Chapter 12: Myths"?
3. Who did the image of the flag steal the headlines from back home?
4. What did Harlon Block's letter home a few days after the raising of the flag say?
5. What did March 25, 1945 mark?
6. What happened to Ira in December 1954?
7. What did reporters know about the flag raising?
8. How was the war chest described at the start of "Chapter Sixteen: The Bond Tour" and "Chapter Seventeen: A Conflict of Honor"?
9. Who was Joe Rosenthal?
10. What could the Marines sometimes hear during battle on Iwo Jima?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the Easy Company and its responsibilities.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the theme of individual verses country as described in Flags of Our Fathers.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the Battle of Tawara.
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)