|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bombers were using the Iwo Jima air strips in 1945?
2. Where was Mike buried?
3. Why was Rene ordered to keep quiet that it was Harlon Block and not Hansen that was in the photo?
4. How many casualties did the army estimate would be produced by a conventional invasion of Japan?
5. How many soldiers were unaccounted for on "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two" on Iwo Jima?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Wall Street broker-dealer organization announce during the war bond drive?
2. What did the Easy Company do under the charge of Captain Severance?
3. What message did the Potsdam Declaration send to Japan?
4. What was unveiled in 1954 according to "Chapter Eighteen: Movies and Monuments" and "Chapter Nineteen: Casualties of War"?
5. What was the process like for processing film according to "Chapter 12: Myths"?
6. What did Jack Bradley do when he returned home in "Chapter Fourteen: Antigo" and "Chapter Fifteen: Coming Home"?
7. What did Harlon Block's letter home a few days after the raising of the flag say?
8. What did many people who watched the raising of the flag mistakenly assume?
9. What happened to Ira in December 1954?
10. What did Colonel Johnson order on day five of the Iwo Jima invasion, according to "Chapter Eleven: The Flags"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Japanese soldiers are characterized, and compare this with how American soldiers are characterized.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the training of the Japanese and how their planning affected American military operations.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why the soldiers were used to promote the war and determine the reason as well as whether it was exploitative.
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)