|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the photographs taken by journalists go after being processed?
2. When was Ira arrested for the 55th time?
3. What happened after the flag was raised on top of Mount Suribachi?
4. What prize did Rosenthal win?
5. Why was Rene's parade cancel in 1945?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Rosenthal disappointed after taking a picture of the raising of the flag?
2. What did the Wall Street broker-dealer organization announce during the war bond drive?
3. What could the Marines sometimes hear during battle on Iwo Jima?
4. What did Jack Bradley do when he returned home in "Chapter Fourteen: Antigo" and "Chapter Fifteen: Coming Home"?
5. How was the war chest described at the start of "Chapter Sixteen: The Bond Tour" and "Chapter Seventeen: A Conflict of Honor"?
6. What was the biggest myth created by the flag raising photo?
7. What did President Truman do during the war bond drive?
8. What did Colonel Johnson order on day five of the Iwo Jima invasion, according to "Chapter Eleven: The Flags"?
9. What did the Easy Company face on the third day in "Chapter Nine: D Day Plus Two" and "Chapter Ten: D Day Plus Three"?
10. What did Rene reveal to the army after being identified as a flag raiser, and who threatened him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how James Bradley uses characterization to demonstrate the tension between boyhood and manhood.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the meaning and significance of the bronze statue's inscription, "Uncommon Valor was a Common Virtue."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the Easy Company and its responsibilities.
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)