|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers were unaccounted for on "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two" on Iwo Jima?
2. Who introduced a bill for a monument to be built based on Rosenthal's image?
3. What did the Marines use in conjunction with grenades to destroy Japanese underground structures?
4. How many Japanese soldiers attacked John Bradley screaming "Banzai"?
5. Who did news from Iwo Jima steal the headlines from in the U.S?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the biggest myth created by the flag raising photo?
2. What did Ira complain about while participating in the war bond drive?
3. What happened when Mike and others dove into a foxhole in "Chapter Thirteen: We Gave Our Today"?
4. What did Jack Bradley do when he returned home in "Chapter Fourteen: Antigo" and "Chapter Fifteen: Coming Home"?
5. What was unveiled in 1954 according to "Chapter Eighteen: Movies and Monuments" and "Chapter Nineteen: Casualties of War"?
6. What did March 25, 1945 mark?
7. What did the Easy Company face on the third day in "Chapter Nine: D Day Plus Two" and "Chapter Ten: D Day Plus Three"?
8. What did the Wall Street broker-dealer organization announce during the war bond drive?
9. What were the losses among the Marines on the first three days of Iwo Jima?
10. What never happened again after the ceremony for the unveiling of the Arlington statue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine why our nation's heroes are immortalized.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the theme of individual verses country as described in Flags of Our Fathers.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why the soldiers were used to promote the war and determine the reason as well as whether it was exploitative.
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)