|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ship was destroyed by Kamikazes in "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two" ?
2. Where was Colonel Johnson when he issued the command to take the mountain the next morning?
3. Who decided which photographs were good enough to be published?
4. How many soldiers were unaccounted for on "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two" on Iwo Jima?
5. When did Goldie finally receive news of her son's death?
Essay Topic 1
Examine why Pearl Harbor was known as the "day that will live in infamy," and the meaning of this statement.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between duty and patriotism.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Japanese soldiers are characterized, and compare this with how American soldiers are characterized.
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)