|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Ira, John, and Rene meet in Washington?
2. Where was Rosenthal's film sent according to "Chapter Twelve: Myths"?
3. Whose letter about being in good health was sent to his parents after his death?
4. Who gave the larger American flag to the brig at the top of Mount Suribachi?
5. How much money did the war bond drive ultimately raise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Easy Company face on the third day in "Chapter Nine: D Day Plus Two" and "Chapter Ten: D Day Plus Three"?
2. What did Ira complain about while participating in the war bond drive?
3. Who did the image of the flag steal the headlines from back home?
4. What did the Easy Company do under the charge of Captain Severance?
5. What was unveiled in 1954 according to "Chapter Eighteen: Movies and Monuments" and "Chapter Nineteen: Casualties of War"?
6. What did reporters know about the flag raising?
7. After he died, what did Jack's children learn about his emotional state following the war?
8. What never happened again after the ceremony for the unveiling of the Arlington statue?
9. What happened when Mike and others dove into a foxhole in "Chapter Thirteen: We Gave Our Today"?
10. How was the war chest described at the start of "Chapter Sixteen: The Bond Tour" and "Chapter Seventeen: A Conflict of Honor"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the role of rhetorical questions and how they are used by James Bradley.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the men who survive can also be considered casualties of war.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the training of the Japanese and how their planning affected American military operations.
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)