Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ship was destroyed by Kamikazes in "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two" ?
2. Where was Colonel Johnson when he issued the command to take the mountain the next morning?
3. Who decided which photographs were good enough to be published?
4. How many soldiers were unaccounted for on "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two" on Iwo Jima?
5. When did Goldie finally receive news of her son's death?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the meaning and significance of the bronze statue's inscription, "Uncommon Valor was a Common Virtue."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Japanese soldiers are characterized, and compare this with how American soldiers are characterized.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the role of rhetorical questions and how they are used by James Bradley.
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)