|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only man first identified in the Rosenthal photo?
2. What magazine did Louis Lowery photograph for?
3. When was de Weldon's statue unveiled at Arlington?
4. How much money did the Wall Street broker-dealer organization give to the war bond drive?
5. What part of John Bradley was on the picture run in the newspaper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ira complain about while participating in the war bond drive?
2. Why was Rosenthal disappointed after taking a picture of the raising of the flag?
3. What happened to Ira in December 1954?
4. What was the process like for processing film according to "Chapter 12: Myths"?
5. Who did the image of the flag steal the headlines from back home?
6. What did the Easy Company do under the charge of Captain Severance?
7. What was the biggest myth created by the flag raising photo?
8. Who was Joe Rosenthal?
9. What did President Truman do during the war bond drive?
10. What was unveiled in 1954 according to "Chapter Eighteen: Movies and Monuments" and "Chapter Nineteen: Casualties of War"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the role of rhetorical questions and how they are used by James Bradley.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the Battle of Tawara.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the qualities of a hero. Why did John Bradley never considered himself to be a hero?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)