|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave the larger American flag to the brig at the top of Mount Suribachi?
2. What did Ira do because of the media frenzy surrounding him?
3. Who picked up Rosenthal's picture at the AP office?
4. Who decided which photographs were good enough to be published?
5. What did John Bradley receive for his action on Iwo Jima?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ira complain about while participating in the war bond drive?
2. What were the losses among the Marines on the first three days of Iwo Jima?
3. What did the Easy Company face on the third day in "Chapter Nine: D Day Plus Two" and "Chapter Ten: D Day Plus Three"?
4. What did many people who watched the raising of the flag mistakenly assume?
5. Who was Joe Rosenthal?
6. Which of the flag raisers that survived the war were interred at Arlington?
7. After he died, what did Jack's children learn about his emotional state following the war?
8. What did reporters know about the flag raising?
9. What could the Marines sometimes hear during battle on Iwo Jima?
10. What did March 25, 1945 mark?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine why Pearl Harbor was known as the "day that will live in infamy," and the meaning of this statement.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the role of rhetorical questions and how they are used by James Bradley.
Essay Topic 3
Argue for or against the rationality of the bombing of Pearl Harbor as if you were part of the Japanese Imperial Navy.
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)