|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Franklin Sousley live before WWII?
2. What was the 5th Marine Division given that made it unique?
3. When were the men of the 5th Marine Division told about their destination?
4. What was John Bradley's father's name?
5. How many marines landed on Iwo Jima by noon on D-Day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was General Kuribayashi determined to cause during the Iwo Jima battle?
2. What were the Japanese trained to look for in American soldiers during firefights?
3. What did the armada heading for Iwo Jima consist of according to "Chapter Six: Armada"?
4. What was Japan's strategy in attacking the U.S. in Pearl Harbor?
5. What did the boys know about the meaning of Iwo Jima?
6. What did the volcanic ash create according to "Chapter Seven: D Day and Chapter 8"?
7. What did Mike try to do during training for Rene in 1944?
8. What did the Allied forces know they needed to do after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
9. What did the bulldozers on Iwo Jima do, and what was Bradley ordered to do?
10. What did the Marines create in March 1944?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the Easy Company and its responsibilities.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the men who survive can also be considered casualties of war.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the influence of religion on the young soldiers and their families in Flags of Our Fathers.
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)