|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the 5th Marine Division stationed in November 1943 according to "Chapter Five: Forging the Spearhead"?
2. How many brothers does James Bradley have according to "Chapter One: Sacred Ground"?
3. What did the Japanese consider Iwo Jima to be?
4. Who did Bradley send the letter talking about the raising of the flag to?
5. When did Harlon Block ship for duty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Franklin do when he got word he was drafted?
2. What did the Battle of Tarawa foreshadow?
3. What did the Allied forces know they needed to do after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
4. What did the volcanic ash create according to "Chapter Seven: D Day and Chapter 8"?
5. What were the Japanese soldiers trained to become?
6. What was the Civilian Conservation Corps?
7. What would the training at Camp Tawara involve?
8. What did Bradley and his brothers find after their father died?
9. What happened to Lucas on the second day in Iwo Jima?
10. What was General Kuribayashi determined to cause during the Iwo Jima battle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Japanese soldiers are characterized, and compare this with how American soldiers are characterized.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of the media in World War II and how the media led to false beliefs being perpetuated about the end of the war.
Essay Topic 3
Examine why Pearl Harbor was known as the "day that will live in infamy," and the meaning of this statement.
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)