|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bradley say about the raising of the flag in Iwo Jima?
2. What was John Bradley's father's name?
3. What did John's father encourage him to do?
4. What were the Japanese building at Guadalcanal?
5. How old was Jack Lucas when he received the Medal of Honor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Allied forces know they needed to do after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
2. What was ironic about Company E according to "Chapter Five: Forging the Spearhead"?
3. What did the boys know about the meaning of Iwo Jima?
4. What did the armada heading for Iwo Jima consist of according to "Chapter Six: Armada"?
5. What was the "day that will live in infamy," according to "Chapter Three: America's War"?
6. What did the volcanic ash create according to "Chapter Seven: D Day and Chapter 8"?
7. What were the Japanese soldiers trained to become?
8. What was the Civilian Conservation Corps?
9. What was Japan's strategy in attacking the U.S. in Pearl Harbor?
10. What did Franklin do when he got word he was drafted?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the Easy Company and its responsibilities.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Japanese soldiers are characterized, and compare this with how American soldiers are characterized.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the qualities of a hero. Why did John Bradley never considered himself to be a hero?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)