|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did the war bond drive ultimately raise?
(a) 56.3 billon dollars.
(b) 16.3 billon dollars.
(c) 21.3 billon dollars.
(d) 26.3 billon dollars.
2. What was the name of the plane that dropped the Hiroshima bomb?
(a) Enola Gay.
(d) Big Bertha.
3. How were Belle and Ed Block notified of their son's death?
(a) By sending an officer.
(b) By telegram.
(c) By mail.
(d) By phone.
4. When was Iwo Jima declared conquered by Admiral Nimitz?
(a) January 14, 1945.
(b) March 23, 1945.
(c) March 14, 1947.
(d) March 14, 1945.
5. Who ordered a platoon to be sent to the top of Mount Suribachi?
(a) Colonel Minnen.
(b) Colonel Markenson.
(c) Colonel Smith.
(d) Colonel Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ira died from?
2. What happened after the flag was raised on top of Mount Suribachi?
3. What was the barren ground of the mountain dotted with?
4. Where was Ralph Ignatowski's body found?
5. What did the men use to raise the American flag on the top of mount Suribachi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Mike and others dove into a foxhole in "Chapter Thirteen: We Gave Our Today"?
2. What did the American commander not have any choice in after waiting for tanks to cover his troops?
3. What was the process like for processing film according to "Chapter 12: Myths"?
4. Who did the image of the flag steal the headlines from back home?
5. How was the war chest described at the start of "Chapter Sixteen: The Bond Tour" and "Chapter Seventeen: A Conflict of Honor"?
6. What did Ira complain about while participating in the war bond drive?
7. What message did the Potsdam Declaration send to Japan?
8. Which of the flag raisers that survived the war were interred at Arlington?
9. What happened to Ira in December 1954?
10. What never happened again after the ceremony for the unveiling of the Arlington statue?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)