|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the only man first identified in the Rosenthal photo?
2. When was Ira arrested for the 55th time?
(a) December 1958.
(b) December 1955.
(c) December 1954.
(d) December 1956.
3. Why was Rene ordered to keep quiet that it was Harlon Block and not Hansen that was in the photo?
(a) The army did not believe Rene.
(b) Hansen's family threaten to sue.
(c) The publicity had already been created with Hansen's name.
(d) Harlon Block was not photogenic.
4. Where were Harlon and Franklin buried?
(a) On Iwo Jima.
(b) At Arlington.
(c) In their respective home towns.
(d) In Pennsylvania.
5. What happened to Lt. Severance in March 1945?
(a) He was killed.
(b) He was captured.
(c) He was called back to the U.S.
(d) He was promoted to Captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John Bradley buy after returning to the U.S?
2. What did the Marines use in conjunction with grenades to destroy Japanese underground structures?
3. When was the last time Ira, John, and Rene saw each other?
4. Who did news from Iwo Jima steal the headlines from in the U.S?
5. Where was Ralph Ignatowski's body found?
Short Essay Questions
1. After he died, what did Jack's children learn about his emotional state following the war?
2. What never happened again after the ceremony for the unveiling of the Arlington statue?
3. What did the American commander not have any choice in after waiting for tanks to cover his troops?
4. What did the Easy Company do under the charge of Captain Severance?
5. What did March 25, 1945 mark?
6. What did the Easy Company face on the third day in "Chapter Nine: D Day Plus Two" and "Chapter Ten: D Day Plus Three"?
7. Who did the image of the flag steal the headlines from back home?
8. Which of the flag raisers that survived the war were interred at Arlington?
9. What did Ira complain about while participating in the war bond drive?
10. What did Jack Bradley do when he returned home in "Chapter Fourteen: Antigo" and "Chapter Fifteen: Coming Home"?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)