|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many American soldiers died on Iwo Jima by March 3, 1945?
2. Where was the American flag given to the platoon taken from?
(a) The USS Missoula.
(b) The USS Wisconsin.
(c) The USS Atlanta.
(d) The USS Sapian.
3. Where was Ira buried?
(b) His reservation.
(c) Iwo Jima.
(d) Los Angeles.
4. What magazine did Louis Lowery photograph for?
(a) Leatherneck Magazine.
(b) The Portland Sun.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Lost Angel Democrat.
5. Who was the star of the movie Ira, John, and Rene appeared in?
(a) John Wayne.
(b) Charlton Heston
(c) James Dean.
(d) Cary Grant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Ralph Ignatowski's body found?
2. How much money did the Wall Street broker-dealer organization give to the war bond drive?
3. How long did the platoon take to reach the top of Mount Suribachi?
4. When did John Bradley write to his parents about his helping raising the flag?
5. What did the Marines use in conjunction with grenades to destroy Japanese underground structures?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Easy Company face on the third day in "Chapter Nine: D Day Plus Two" and "Chapter Ten: D Day Plus Three"?
2. What did Rene reveal to the army after being identified as a flag raiser, and who threatened him?
3. What did Ira complain about while participating in the war bond drive?
4. Which of the flag raisers that survived the war were interred at Arlington?
5. Who was Joe Rosenthal?
6. Why was Rosenthal disappointed after taking a picture of the raising of the flag?
7. Who did the image of the flag steal the headlines from back home?
8. What was the biggest myth created by the flag raising photo?
9. What did President Truman do during the war bond drive?
10. What message did the Potsdam Declaration send to Japan?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)