|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were the men of the 5th Marine Division told about their destination?
(a) 2 days out.
(b) 6 days out.
(c) 4 days out.
(d) 8 days out.
2. When did Harlon Block ship for duty?
3. Who was in charge of the 1st Marine Division in 1941?
(a) Andrew L Weber.
(b) Matthiew Smith.
(c) Holland Smith.
(d) Mark Steinberg.
4. What was Ira Hayes's nickname in the Corps?
(b) Laughing Easy.
(c) Flying Horseman.
(d) Chief Falling Cloud.
5. Who signed Harlon Block's enlistment papers?
(a) He faked his father's signature.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came to confer with Generals of the 5th Marine Division while it was training?
2. What war did John Bradley's father participate in?
3. How long had Japan been at war with China as of 1941?
4. How long did the bombing of Iwo Jima last before the invasion began?
5. How many Marines were killed on D-Day on Iwo Jima?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Kathryn, James's mother, always rely on according to "Chapter Two: All-American Boys"?
2. What was "Doc" remembered for?
3. How long had the battle of Iwo Jima raged, and how was the battle described?
4. What was Japan's strategy in attacking the U.S. in Pearl Harbor?
5. What did American leaders not know about the Japanese soldiers on Iwo Jima before they landed on the island?
6. What was ironic about Company E according to "Chapter Five: Forging the Spearhead"?
7. What did Bradley always wonder?
8. What did Jack think when he decided to join the Navy, and what did he not know?
9. What did the armada heading for Iwo Jima consist of according to "Chapter Six: Armada"?
10. What did the Battle of Tarawa foreshadow?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)