|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was John Bradley's mother's name?
2. What was John's nickname?
3. Who was in charge of the 1st Marine Division in 1941?
(a) Mark Steinberg.
(b) Andrew L Weber.
(c) Matthiew Smith.
(d) Holland Smith.
4. Where did Franklin Sousley live before WWII?
(a) New York.
(b) Hilltop, KY.
(c) Downhill, CA.
(d) San Franscisco, CA.
5. When did John and his parents move from Texas to Appleton, WI?
(a) During the Great Depression.
(b) At the start of the War.
(c) During WWI.
(d) In 1912.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Bradley send the letter talking about the raising of the flag to?
2. What was John's father's career before WWII?
3. Who signed Harlon Block's enlistment papers?
4. Where did Harlon Block live before WWII?
5. What did hundred of thousands of young Americans do after hearing Roosevelt's speech?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bradley always wonder?
2. What was the "day that will live in infamy," according to "Chapter Three: America's War"?
3. What did the armada heading for Iwo Jima consist of according to "Chapter Six: Armada"?
4. What did the boys know about the meaning of Iwo Jima?
5. What did the Allied forces know they needed to do after the attack on Pearl Harbor?
6. What did the Battle of Tarawa foreshadow?
7. What did American leaders not know about the Japanese soldiers on Iwo Jima before they landed on the island?
8. What was the Civilian Conservation Corps?
9. What was ironic about Company E according to "Chapter Five: Forging the Spearhead"?
10. What did the Marines create in March 1944?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)