|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was John's father's career before WWII?
(c) Railroad worker.
2. Who did the Japanese fight to death for?
(a) Their pride.
(b) Their Emperor.
(c) Their Queen.
(d) The ancestors.
3. Where did Ira Hayes train?
(a) A boot camp near Pasadena.
(b) A boot camp near Boston.
(c) A boot camp near San Diego.
(d) A boot camp near New York.
4. Who signed Harlon Block's enlistment papers?
(a) He faked his father's signature.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
5. What was John Bradley's mother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Harlon Block ship for duty?
2. Who came to confer with Generals of the 5th Marine Division while it was training?
3. Who was in charge of the 1st Marine Division in 1941?
4. Where did Franklin Sousley live before WWII?
5. When was the 5th Marine Division scheduled to be activated?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long had the battle of Iwo Jima raged, and how was the battle described?
2. What was the "day that will live in infamy," according to "Chapter Three: America's War"?
3. What were the Japanese trained to look for in American soldiers during firefights?
4. What did Kathryn, James's mother, always rely on according to "Chapter Two: All-American Boys"?
5. What did American leaders not know about the Japanese soldiers on Iwo Jima before they landed on the island?
6. What did Jack think when he decided to join the Navy, and what did he not know?
7. How was Mike Strank known according to "Chapter 4: Call of Duty"?
8. What would the training at Camp Tawara involve?
9. What was ironic about Company E according to "Chapter Five: Forging the Spearhead"?
10. What was General Kuribayashi determined to cause during the Iwo Jima battle?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)