|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the unit Mike joined?
(a) The Marlins.
(b) The Raiders.
(c) The Rangers.
(d) The Wolves.
2. Who came to confer with Generals of the 5th Marine Division while it was training?
(a) Dwight Eisenhower.
(b) President Roosevelt.
(c) Admiral Nimitz.
(d) Winston Churchill.
3. What was Japan trying to do in Pearl Harbor?
(a) Clear the way to invade the U.S.
(b) Test their fleet.
(c) Get the U.S into the war.
(d) Fire a warning shot.
4. What was the name of the 5th Marine Division?
5. What did the Japanese consider Iwo Jima to be?
(d) Too far to defend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the 5th Marine Division stationed in November 1943 according to "Chapter Five: Forging the Spearhead"?
2. What did Bradley say about the raising of the flag in Iwo Jima?
3. What military man went to Iwo Jima with James Bradley?
4. What was John Bradley's mother's name?
5. What did John's father encourage him to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Franklin do when he got word he was drafted?
2. What happened to Lucas on the second day in Iwo Jima?
3. How long had the battle of Iwo Jima raged, and how was the battle described?
4. What was General Kuribayashi determined to cause during the Iwo Jima battle?
5. What would the training at Camp Tawara involve?
6. What was "Doc" remembered for?
7. What were the Japanese trained to look for in American soldiers during firefights?
8. What were the Japanese soldiers trained to become?
9. What did the boys know about the meaning of Iwo Jima?
10. What did Bradley always wonder?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)