|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Franklin Sousley live before WWII?
(a) Hilltop, KY.
(b) San Franscisco, CA.
(c) Downhill, CA.
(d) New York.
2. What was the 5th Marine Division's first stop after Camp Tawara according to "Armada"?
3. Where did Harlon experience hand to hand combat?
(a) Death Canyon.
(b) Hellhole Ridge.
(c) Death Gorge.
(d) Hellzapoppin' Ridge.
4. What sport was Belle Block against her son playing?
5. When was the American flag raised on Iwo Jima?
(a) End of WWI.
(b) Start of WWII.
(c) Start of the Korean war.
(d) Near the end of WWII.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Jack Lucas when he received the Medal of Honor?
2. Who was John's best friend in the Marines?
3. When did Ira Hayes get his paratrooper wings?
4. What did Ira say in the first letter he wrote from Iwo Jima?
5. Who did John Bradley first treat on Iwo Jima?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Marines create in March 1944?
2. Where did James Bradley, the author, travel and why according to "Chapter One: Sacred Ground"?
3. What did Bradley and his brothers find after their father died?
4. What were the Japanese soldiers trained to become?
5. What would the training at Camp Tawara involve?
6. What was ironic about Company E according to "Chapter Five: Forging the Spearhead"?
7. What did Harlon's mother have a hard time forgiving?
8. What did Bradley always wonder?
9. What was Japan's strategy in attacking the U.S. in Pearl Harbor?
10. What did Mike try to do during training for Rene in 1944?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)