|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Ralph Ignatowski's body found?
(a) In an underground hideout.
(b) In a trench.
(c) In a bunker.
(d) In a cave.
2. Where did the Blocks move after the death of their son?
(a) New York.
(b) Loma Linda.
3. What did the men use to raise the American flag on the top of mount Suribachi?
(a) A broom.
(b) A pipe.
(c) A tree.
(d) A canon barrel.
4. What ship was destroyed by Kamikazes in "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two" ?
(a) USS Memphis.
(b) USS Arizona.
(c) USS Bismark.
(d) USS Arabia.
5. What job did Rene hold in 1979?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A janitor.
(c) He was retired.
(d) A bank clerk.
6. How large was the unit sent to the top of mount Suribachi?
(a) 25 men.
(b) 50 men.
(c) 40 men.
(d) 12 men.
7. What did John Bradley receive for his action on Iwo Jima?
(a) Legion of Merit.
(b) Air Medal.
(c) Silver Star.
(d) The Navy Cross.
8. What did Rene do after returning to the U.S according to "Chapter Eighteen: Movies and Monuments"?
(a) Worked at a bank.
(b) Purchased a store.
(c) Worked at the mill.
(d) Bought a funeral home.
9. What did the commander expected would arrive to support his troops on Iwo Jima?
10. How many Marines died in "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two" on Iwo Jima?
11. How long did the platoon take to reach the top of Mount Suribachi?
(a) 50 minutes.
(b) 40 minutes.
(c) 80 minutes.
(d) 160 minutes.
12. What did Ira do because of the media frenzy surrounding him?
(a) He faked his death.
(c) He became a hermit.
13. Who was the only man first identified in the Rosenthal photo?
14. How many of the 150 Japanese that tried to escape to the north made it through American fire?
15. When was Ira discharged from the Marines?
(a) December 1944.
(b) December 1946.
(c) January 1945.
(d) December 1945.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose letter about being in good health was sent to his parents after his death?
2. How much money did the Wall Street broker-dealer organization give to the war bond drive?
3. What prize did Rosenthal win?
4. How much money did the war bond drive ultimately raise?
5. What part of John Bradley was on the picture run in the newspaper?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)