|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Ira arrested for the 55th time?
(a) December 1955.
(b) December 1954.
(c) December 1958.
(d) December 1956.
2. What was the name of the plane that dropped the Hiroshima bomb?
(c) Enola Gay.
(d) Big Bertha.
3. What happened when Mike led a small group of Marines in rugged terrain?
(a) They were targeted by friendly fire.
(b) The were recalled.
(c) They were blocked in a mine field.
(d) They came under fire.
4. What did Rene do after returning to the U.S according to "Chapter Eighteen: Movies and Monuments"?
(a) Worked at the mill.
(b) Bought a funeral home.
(c) Worked at a bank.
(d) Purchased a store.
5. How many Marines died in "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two" on Iwo Jima?
6. What did the commander expected would arrive to support his troops on Iwo Jima?
7. What ship was destroyed by Kamikazes in "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two" ?
(a) USS Arabia.
(b) USS Memphis.
(c) USS Bismark.
(d) USS Arizona.
8. What happened to Martha Strank in the couple of months following her learning about her son's death?
(a) Her hair turned white.
(b) They became mad.
(c) She left the country.
(d) She died.
9. Where was Colonel Johnson when he issued the command to take the mountain the next morning?
(a) 5th Battalion headquarters.
(b) 3rd Battalion headquarters.
(c) 9th Battalion headquarters.
(d) 2nd Battalion headquarters.
10. What did Ira do because of the media frenzy surrounding him?
(c) He faked his death.
(d) He became a hermit.
11. What happened after the flag was raised on top of Mount Suribachi?
(a) A plane crashed on the top of the mountain.
(b) Sniper fire started again.
(c) The Japanese surrendered.
(d) The USS Arizona sunk.
12. Who took over Mike's unit after his death?
(a) John Dradley.
(b) Arthur Smith.
(c) Harlon Block.
(d) Erik Smithen.
13. Who did Rene write to in February 1945 without mentioning the flag?
14. Whose fame was immediate after the picture of the flag ran in the newspaper?
(a) John Bradley.
(b) The Los Angeles Time.
(c) The Marine Corp.
15. What unit did Easy Company rejoin on March 1, 1945 according to "Chapter Thirteen: We Gave Our Today"?
(a) The 30th Marine Division.
(b) The 8th Marine Division.
(c) The 18th Marine Division.
(d) The 28th Marine Division.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who unveiled the statue based on the Rosenthal photograph in New York?
2. When was Ira discharged from the Marines?
3. Who did John Bradley think the real heroes were at Iwo Jima?
4. What did John Bradley buy after returning to the U.S?
5. How much money did the war bond drive need to raise?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)