|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave the larger American flag to the brig at the top of Mount Suribachi?
(a) Lt. Norensen.
(b) Sergeant Marks.
(c) Lt. Severance.
(d) Colonel Slowick.
2. What did the Marines use in conjunction with grenades to destroy Japanese underground structures?
(a) Gun powder.
(b) Flame throwers.
(d) Artillery shells.
3. Who introduced a bill for a monument to be built based on Rosenthal's image?
(a) Mark Emmerson.
(b) Joseph Hendricks.
(c) Ken Broakman.
(d) Robert Kennedy.
4. When did Goldie finally receive news of her son's death?
(a) April 9, 1945.
(b) April 9, 1946
(c) March 9, 1945
(d) April 23, 1945
5. What did the commander expected would arrive to support his troops on Iwo Jima?
6. When was Ira discharged from the Marines?
(a) January 1945.
(b) December 1944.
(c) December 1946.
(d) December 1945.
7. Where was Ralph Ignatowski's body found?
(a) In a bunker.
(b) In a trench.
(c) In a cave.
(d) In an underground hideout.
8. Where was the American flag given to the platoon taken from?
(a) The USS Wisconsin.
(b) The USS Atlanta.
(c) The USS Missoula.
(d) The USS Sapian.
9. How much money did the war bond drive ultimately raise?
(a) 21.3 billon dollars.
(b) 26.3 billon dollars.
(c) 16.3 billon dollars.
(d) 56.3 billon dollars.
10. How much of Easy Company's forces were lost on "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two"?
11. How many Japanese soldiers attacked John Bradley screaming "Banzai"?
12. How were Belle and Ed Block notified of their son's death?
(a) By sending an officer.
(b) By phone.
(c) By mail.
(d) By telegram.
13. Who made the sculpture based on the Rosenthal image?
(a) Anthony Boineau.
(b) Robert Richerson.
(c) Felix de Weldon.
(d) Makus Rosenberg.
14. Who did Rene write to in February 1945 without mentioning the flag?
15. What did Ira died from?
(a) Gun shot wound.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Cold and alcohol poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John Bradley buy after returning to the U.S?
2. How long did it take for John Bradley to stop crying at night after returning from Iwo Jima?
3. Who did Ira, John, and Rene meet in Washington?
4. What type of bombers were using the Iwo Jima air strips in 1945?
5. What did Rene do after returning to the U.S according to "Chapter Eighteen: Movies and Monuments"?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)