|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What false information was communicated to the Bradley's before their son came back home?
(a) He died.
(b) He lost his leg.
(c) He had been captured.
(d) He had been lot at sea.
2. Who was the only man first identified in the Rosenthal photo?
3. Where were Harlon and Franklin buried?
(a) In Pennsylvania.
(b) At Arlington.
(c) In their respective home towns.
(d) On Iwo Jima.
4. What did the AP do with Rosenthal's photograph?
(a) Donated it to the government.
(b) Loaned it to the government.
(c) Sold it to the government.
(d) Sold it at auction.
5. Who made the sculpture based on the Rosenthal image?
(a) Robert Richerson.
(b) Makus Rosenberg.
(c) Felix de Weldon.
(d) Anthony Boineau.
6. Who did John Bradley think the real heroes were at Iwo Jima?
(a) The Navy.
(b) The ones that didn't make it home.
(c) The family of the fallen.
(d) The Air Force.
7. Who did Rene write to in February 1945 without mentioning the flag?
8. Where was Mike buried?
(a) Iwo Jima.
(d) His home town.
9. What did Ira do because of the media frenzy surrounding him?
(a) He faked his death.
(c) He became a hermit.
10. Where was Rosenthal's film sent according to "Chapter Twelve: Myths"?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
11. Who did John Bradley marry when he returned to the U.S according to "Chapter Fourteen: Antigo"?
(a) Roberta Von Gruber.
(b) Elizabeth Van Gorp.
(c) Ruth Emmerson.
(d) Sophie Markenson.
12. How long did it take for John Bradley to stop crying at night after returning from Iwo Jima?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 3 years.
13. How many of Rosenthal's photographs were overexposed?
14. Where did the photographs taken by journalists go after being processed?
(a) To the AP.
(b) The Pentagon.
(c) The Military Press Office.
(d) To the censors.
15. Who led the platoon sent to the top of Mount Suribachi?
(a) Arthur Missaou.
(b) Mark Sorensen.
(c) George Schrier.
(d) George Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prize did Rosenthal win?
2. When did Goldie finally receive news of her son's death?
3. How large was the unit sent to the top of mount Suribachi?
4. Who ordered a platoon to be sent to the top of Mount Suribachi?
5. How many casualties did the army estimate would be produced by a conventional invasion of Japan?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)