|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mike's unit member think killed Mike?
(b) Friendly fire.
(c) Japanese infantry.
(d) Japanese snipers.
2. What happened after the flag was raised on top of Mount Suribachi?
(a) The Japanese surrendered.
(b) Sniper fire started again.
(c) A plane crashed on the top of the mountain.
(d) The USS Arizona sunk.
3. Whose fame was immediate after the picture of the flag ran in the newspaper?
(b) The Marine Corp.
(c) The Los Angeles Time.
(d) John Bradley.
4. Why was Rene ordered to keep quiet that it was Harlon Block and not Hansen that was in the photo?
(a) Harlon Block was not photogenic.
(b) The army did not believe Rene.
(c) Hansen's family threaten to sue.
(d) The publicity had already been created with Hansen's name.
5. How many soldiers were unaccounted for on "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two" on Iwo Jima?
6. How much of Easy Company's forces were lost on "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two"?
7. How long did the platoon take to reach the top of Mount Suribachi?
(a) 160 minutes.
(b) 40 minutes.
(c) 80 minutes.
(d) 50 minutes.
8. What false information was communicated to the Bradley's before their son came back home?
(a) He had been captured.
(b) He had been lot at sea.
(c) He lost his leg.
(d) He died.
9. How much money did the war bond drive ultimately raise?
(a) 26.3 billon dollars.
(b) 21.3 billon dollars.
(c) 16.3 billon dollars.
(d) 56.3 billon dollars.
10. Who did John Bradley marry when he returned to the U.S according to "Chapter Fourteen: Antigo"?
(a) Ruth Emmerson.
(b) Roberta Von Gruber.
(c) Elizabeth Van Gorp.
(d) Sophie Markenson.
11. What did Ira died from?
(a) Gun shot wound.
(b) Heart attack.
(c) Cold and alcohol poisoning.
12. How many of the 150 Japanese that tried to escape to the north made it through American fire?
13. What was the name of the plane that dropped the Hiroshima bomb?
(b) Big Bertha.
(d) Enola Gay.
14. What did John Bradley receive for his action on Iwo Jima?
(a) Silver Star.
(b) Air Medal.
(c) The Navy Cross.
(d) Legion of Merit.
15. Who was the star of the movie Ira, John, and Rene appeared in?
(a) Charlton Heston
(b) John Wayne.
(c) Cary Grant.
(d) James Dean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prize did Rosenthal win?
2. When did Goldie finally receive news of her son's death?
3. Who took the photograph of the second raising of the flag?
4. What myth did the photograph of the flag create in the American people?
5. What magazine did Louis Lowery photograph for?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)