|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did the war bond drive need to raise?
(a) 23 billion dollars
(b) 9 billion dollars
(c) 14 billion dollars.
(d) 16 billion dollars
2. What did the men use to raise the American flag on the top of mount Suribachi?
(a) A canon barrel.
(b) A broom.
(c) A tree.
(d) A pipe.
3. Whose fame was immediate after the picture of the flag ran in the newspaper?
(a) The Marine Corp.
(c) John Bradley.
(d) The Los Angeles Time.
4. What part of John Bradley was on the picture run in the newspaper?
(a) His feet.
(b) His left side.
(c) His right leg.
(d) His back.
5. What did Mike's unit member think killed Mike?
(a) Japanese snipers.
(c) Japanese infantry.
(d) Friendly fire.
6. When did Goldie finally receive news of her son's death?
(a) April 9, 1946
(b) March 9, 1945
(c) April 23, 1945
(d) April 9, 1945.
7. Who took the photograph of the second raising of the flag?
(a) Ethan Sober.
(b) Joe Rosenthal.
(c) Mark Suber.
(d) Arthur Roberts.
8. What part of the Iwo Jima mountain did Easy Company go to in "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two"?
(a) The south side.
(b) The southwest side.
(c) The eastern side.
(d) The northeastern side.
9. Who did news from Iwo Jima steal the headlines from in the U.S?
(c) Patton and Roosevelt.
10. Who did John Bradley think the real heroes were at Iwo Jima?
(a) The Air Force.
(b) The family of the fallen.
(c) The ones that didn't make it home.
(d) The Navy.
11. What type of bombers were using the Iwo Jima air strips in 1945?
12. What unit did Easy Company rejoin on March 1, 1945 according to "Chapter Thirteen: We Gave Our Today"?
(a) The 18th Marine Division.
(b) The 30th Marine Division.
(c) The 28th Marine Division.
(d) The 8th Marine Division.
13. What movie were Ira, John, and Rene asked to appear in?
(a) "Take Iwo Jima."
(b) "Iwo Jima with Love."
(c) "The Battle of Iwo Jima."
(d) "The Sands of Iwo Jima."
14. Who was the only man first identified in the Rosenthal photo?
15. When did John Bradley write to his parents about his helping raising the flag?
(a) February 26, 1945.
(b) January 26, 1945.
(c) February 6, 1945.
(d) February 26, 1944.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Ira arrested for the 55th time?
2. Where was the American flag given to the platoon taken from?
3. When was Iwo Jima declared conquered by Admiral Nimitz?
4. How long did it take for the Marines to clear the volcano according to "Chapter Eleven: The Flags"?
5. What was the barren ground of the mountain dotted with?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)