|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take for John Bradley to stop crying at night after returning from Iwo Jima?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 3 years.
2. What job did Rene hold in 1979?
(a) He was retired.
(b) A janitor.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A bank clerk.
3. What did Ira died from?
(a) Gun shot wound.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Cold and alcohol poisoning.
4. What unit did Easy Company rejoin on March 1, 1945 according to "Chapter Thirteen: We Gave Our Today"?
(a) The 8th Marine Division.
(b) The 28th Marine Division.
(c) The 30th Marine Division.
(d) The 18th Marine Division.
5. Why was Rene ordered to keep quiet that it was Harlon Block and not Hansen that was in the photo?
(a) Hansen's family threaten to sue.
(b) The publicity had already been created with Hansen's name.
(c) Harlon Block was not photogenic.
(d) The army did not believe Rene.
6. Who made the sculpture based on the Rosenthal image?
(a) Makus Rosenberg.
(b) Robert Richerson.
(c) Anthony Boineau.
(d) Felix de Weldon.
7. Who unveiled the statue based on the Rosenthal photograph in New York?
(d) Mayor LaGuardia.
8. Where was the American flag given to the platoon taken from?
(a) The USS Atlanta.
(b) The USS Sapian.
(c) The USS Missoula.
(d) The USS Wisconsin.
9. When did Goldie finally receive news of her son's death?
(a) April 9, 1946
(b) March 9, 1945
(c) April 9, 1945.
(d) April 23, 1945
10. What movie were Ira, John, and Rene asked to appear in?
(a) "Take Iwo Jima."
(b) "Iwo Jima with Love."
(c) "The Sands of Iwo Jima."
(d) "The Battle of Iwo Jima."
11. What did the Marines use in conjunction with grenades to destroy Japanese underground structures?
(a) Artillery shells.
(c) Gun powder.
(d) Flame throwers.
12. What did Ira do because of the media frenzy surrounding him?
(b) He faked his death.
(d) He became a hermit.
13. What myth did the photograph of the flag create in the American people?
(a) Japan was ready to surrender.
(b) The battle for Iwo Jima was easy.
(c) The Air Force won alone.
(d) That the battle for Iwo Jima was over.
14. What was the barren ground of the mountain dotted with?
(a) Japanese tanks.
(b) Japanese firing ports.
(c) Crashed planes.
(d) Land mines.
15. What part of the Iwo Jima mountain did Easy Company go to in "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two"?
(a) The south side.
(b) The northeastern side.
(c) The southwest side.
(d) The eastern side.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Rene's parade cancel in 1945?
2. What happened to Martha Strank in the couple of months following her learning about her son's death?
3. Who led the platoon sent to the top of Mount Suribachi?
4. Who was the star of the movie Ira, John, and Rene appeared in?
5. Who did news from Iwo Jima steal the headlines from in the U.S?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)