|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Blocks move after the death of their son?
(a) Loma Linda.
(d) New York.
2. Where was Colonel Johnson when he issued the command to take the mountain the next morning?
(a) 9th Battalion headquarters.
(b) 2nd Battalion headquarters.
(c) 5th Battalion headquarters.
(d) 3rd Battalion headquarters.
3. When did John Bradley write to his parents about his helping raising the flag?
(a) February 26, 1945.
(b) January 26, 1945.
(c) February 26, 1944.
(d) February 6, 1945.
4. When did Goldie finally receive news of her son's death?
(a) April 9, 1946
(b) April 23, 1945
(c) March 9, 1945
(d) April 9, 1945.
5. How much money did the Wall Street broker-dealer organization give to the war bond drive?
(a) 1 billion dollars.
(b) 2 billion dollars.
(c) 3 billion dollars.
(d) 4 billion dollars.
6. Whose letter about being in good health was sent to his parents after his death?
(a) Robert Erikson.
(b) Ira Smith.
(c) Joseph Hendricks.
(d) Harlon Block.
7. Who was the star of the movie Ira, John, and Rene appeared in?
(a) Charlton Heston
(b) James Dean.
(c) John Wayne.
(d) Cary Grant.
8. How many of Rosenthal's photographs were overexposed?
9. What happened when Mike led a small group of Marines in rugged terrain?
(a) They came under fire.
(b) The were recalled.
(c) They were blocked in a mine field.
(d) They were targeted by friendly fire.
10. How much of Easy Company's forces were lost on "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two"?
11. Who Lieutenant did John Bradley care for on Iwo Jima?
(a) Keith Wells.
(b) Randal Erikson.
(c) Mark Stenford.
(d) Henry Fird.
12. Who did John Bradley marry when he returned to the U.S according to "Chapter Fourteen: Antigo"?
(a) Sophie Markenson.
(b) Elizabeth Van Gorp.
(c) Ruth Emmerson.
(d) Roberta Von Gruber.
13. What did the AP editor say when he chose Rosenthal's picture?
(a) "Here's one for all time."
(b) "This is the one."
(c) "Here's the best."
(d) "Here's one for the press."
14. What prize did Rosenthal win?
(a) The Greedy prize.
(b) The Pulitzer.
(c) The Anson Prize.
(d) The Nobel.
15. How many shots of the second raising of the flag were taken?
(a) 1 shot.
(b) 5 shots.
(c) 2 shots.
(d) 3 shots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John Bradley buy after returning to the U.S?
2. What magazine did Louis Lowery photograph for?
3. Who took the photograph of the second raising of the flag?
4. Who was the only man first identified in the Rosenthal photo?
5. When was Ira discharged from the Marines?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)