|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did John Bradley buy after returning to the U.S?
(a) A funeral home.
(b) A car.
(c) A theater.
(d) A house.
2. Who did Rene write to in February 1945 without mentioning the flag?
3. What type of bombers were using the Iwo Jima air strips in 1945?
4. Who did Ira, John, and Rene meet in Washington?
(a) President Truman.
(c) Admiral Nimitz.
5. What did Rene do after returning to the U.S according to "Chapter Eighteen: Movies and Monuments"?
(a) Worked at the mill.
(b) Purchased a store.
(c) Worked at a bank.
(d) Bought a funeral home.
6. What unit did Easy Company rejoin on March 1, 1945 according to "Chapter Thirteen: We Gave Our Today"?
(a) The 30th Marine Division.
(b) The 28th Marine Division.
(c) The 8th Marine Division.
(d) The 18th Marine Division.
7. How large was the unit sent to the top of mount Suribachi?
(a) 40 men.
(b) 25 men.
(c) 50 men.
(d) 12 men.
8. How many of the 150 Japanese that tried to escape to the north made it through American fire?
9. How long did it take for the Marines to clear the volcano according to "Chapter Eleven: The Flags"?
(a) 9 days.
(b) 12 days.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 4 days.
10. What job did Rene hold in 1979?
(a) A teacher.
(b) He was retired.
(c) A janitor.
(d) A bank clerk.
11. What happened after the flag was raised on top of Mount Suribachi?
(a) Sniper fire started again.
(b) The USS Arizona sunk.
(c) The Japanese surrendered.
(d) A plane crashed on the top of the mountain.
12. What did Ira do because of the media frenzy surrounding him?
(b) He became a hermit.
(d) He faked his death.
13. When was de Weldon's statue unveiled at Arlington?
(a) Late 1964.
(b) Late 1958.
(c) Late 1952.
(d) Late 1954.
14. Whose fame was immediate after the picture of the flag ran in the newspaper?
(a) John Bradley.
(b) The Marine Corp.
(c) The Los Angeles Time.
15. How much of Easy Company's forces were lost on "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did the Wall Street broker-dealer organization give to the war bond drive?
2. What part of John Bradley was on the picture run in the newspaper?
3. What happened to Martha Strank in the couple of months following her learning about her son's death?
4. What myth did the photograph of the flag create in the American people?
5. How long did it take for John Bradley to stop crying at night after returning from Iwo Jima?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)