|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of John Bradley was on the picture run in the newspaper?
(a) His right leg.
(b) His back.
(c) His left side.
(d) His feet.
2. What did the AP editor say when he chose Rosenthal's picture?
(a) "Here's one for the press."
(b) "This is the one."
(c) "Here's the best."
(d) "Here's one for all time."
3. How long did it take for the Marines to clear the volcano according to "Chapter Eleven: The Flags"?
(a) 9 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 12 days.
4. What part of the Iwo Jima mountain did Easy Company go to in "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two"?
(a) The southwest side.
(b) The south side.
(c) The eastern side.
(d) The northeastern side.
5. Where was Rosenthal's film sent according to "Chapter Twelve: Myths"?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
6. Who Lieutenant did John Bradley care for on Iwo Jima?
(a) Mark Stenford.
(b) Keith Wells.
(c) Henry Fird.
(d) Randal Erikson.
7. Where did the Blocks move after the death of their son?
(c) Loma Linda.
(d) New York.
8. How many soldiers were unaccounted for on "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two" on Iwo Jima?
9. Where was Ralph Ignatowski's body found?
(a) In a cave.
(b) In a bunker.
(c) In a trench.
(d) In an underground hideout.
10. Who did Ira, John, and Rene meet in Washington?
(b) President Truman.
(d) Admiral Nimitz.
11. Who did John Bradley marry when he returned to the U.S according to "Chapter Fourteen: Antigo"?
(a) Elizabeth Van Gorp.
(b) Ruth Emmerson.
(c) Roberta Von Gruber.
(d) Sophie Markenson.
12. Why was Rene ordered to keep quiet that it was Harlon Block and not Hansen that was in the photo?
(a) Hansen's family threaten to sue.
(b) The publicity had already been created with Hansen's name.
(c) Harlon Block was not photogenic.
(d) The army did not believe Rene.
13. Who took over Mike's unit after his death?
(a) Harlon Block.
(b) Erik Smithen.
(c) John Dradley.
(d) Arthur Smith.
14. Why was Rene's parade cancel in 1945?
(a) It was raining.
(b) He was found drunk.
(c) A new hero emerged.
(d) Roosevelt died.
15. What did Ira do because of the media frenzy surrounding him?
(a) He became a hermit.
(d) He faked his death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ordered a platoon to be sent to the top of Mount Suribachi?
2. Who did John Bradley think the real heroes were at Iwo Jima?
3. What did the AP do with Rosenthal's photograph?
4. How many of the 150 Japanese that tried to escape to the north made it through American fire?
5. Who picked up Rosenthal's picture at the AP office?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)