|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How large was the unit sent to the top of mount Suribachi?
(a) 40 men.
(b) 50 men.
(c) 25 men.
(d) 12 men.
2. Who decided which photographs were good enough to be published?
(a) The Army press office.
(b) The pool chief.
(c) The photographer.
(d) The newspapers.
3. What did the AP do with Rosenthal's photograph?
(a) Loaned it to the government.
(b) Sold it at auction.
(c) Donated it to the government.
(d) Sold it to the government.
4. Who was the star of the movie Ira, John, and Rene appeared in?
(a) Charlton Heston
(b) Cary Grant.
(c) John Wayne.
(d) James Dean.
5. How long did the platoon take to reach the top of Mount Suribachi?
(a) 50 minutes.
(b) 40 minutes.
(c) 80 minutes.
(d) 160 minutes.
6. Who picked up Rosenthal's picture at the AP office?
(a) The New York Time editor.
(b) F.D Roosevelt.
(c) Joe Ro0serberg.
(d) John Bodkin.
7. What part of John Bradley was on the picture run in the newspaper?
(a) His back.
(b) His feet.
(c) His left side.
(d) His right leg.
8. Where was Mike buried?
(a) Iwo Jima.
(d) His home town.
9. What did Ira do because of the media frenzy surrounding him?
(a) He became a hermit.
(c) He faked his death.
10. Who did John Bradley think the real heroes were at Iwo Jima?
(a) The family of the fallen.
(b) The Navy.
(c) The Air Force.
(d) The ones that didn't make it home.
11. Where was Rosenthal's film sent according to "Chapter Twelve: Myths"?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
12. Who was the only man first identified in the Rosenthal photo?
13. Why was Rene ordered to keep quiet that it was Harlon Block and not Hansen that was in the photo?
(a) The publicity had already been created with Hansen's name.
(b) The army did not believe Rene.
(c) Harlon Block was not photogenic.
(d) Hansen's family threaten to sue.
14. What did Mike's unit member think killed Mike?
(a) Japanese infantry.
(c) Japanese snipers.
(d) Friendly fire.
15. How much money did the war bond drive need to raise?
(a) 16 billion dollars
(b) 9 billion dollars
(c) 14 billion dollars.
(d) 23 billion dollars
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did John Bradley marry when he returned to the U.S according to "Chapter Fourteen: Antigo"?
2. Who did Ira, John, and Rene meet in Washington?
3. Who took over Mike's unit after his death?
4. What did the men use to raise the American flag on the top of mount Suribachi?
5. Who Lieutenant did John Bradley care for on Iwo Jima?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)