|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did the war bond drive need to raise?
(a) 9 billion dollars
(b) 16 billion dollars
(c) 14 billion dollars.
(d) 23 billion dollars
2. How many soldiers were unaccounted for on "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two" on Iwo Jima?
3. Where was Rosenthal's film sent according to "Chapter Twelve: Myths"?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
4. How much money did the Wall Street broker-dealer organization give to the war bond drive?
(a) 4 billion dollars.
(b) 2 billion dollars.
(c) 1 billion dollars.
(d) 3 billion dollars.
5. Who took over Mike's unit after his death?
(a) John Dradley.
(b) Arthur Smith.
(c) Erik Smithen.
(d) Harlon Block.
6. Whose fame was immediate after the picture of the flag ran in the newspaper?
(a) The Marine Corp.
(c) The Los Angeles Time.
(d) John Bradley.
7. Whose letter about being in good health was sent to his parents after his death?
(a) Ira Smith.
(b) Harlon Block.
(c) Robert Erikson.
(d) Joseph Hendricks.
8. How long did the platoon take to reach the top of Mount Suribachi?
(a) 50 minutes.
(b) 40 minutes.
(c) 80 minutes.
(d) 160 minutes.
9. What false information was communicated to the Bradley's before their son came back home?
(a) He had been lot at sea.
(b) He had been captured.
(c) He died.
(d) He lost his leg.
10. What did the AP do with Rosenthal's photograph?
(a) Sold it at auction.
(b) Sold it to the government.
(c) Donated it to the government.
(d) Loaned it to the government.
11. Who did John Bradley think the real heroes were at Iwo Jima?
(a) The Navy.
(b) The family of the fallen.
(c) The ones that didn't make it home.
(d) The Air Force.
12. Who Lieutenant did John Bradley care for on Iwo Jima?
(a) Randal Erikson.
(b) Keith Wells.
(c) Henry Fird.
(d) Mark Stenford.
13. Who did news from Iwo Jima steal the headlines from in the U.S?
(b) Patton and Roosevelt.
14. What did the AP editor say when he chose Rosenthal's picture?
(a) "This is the one."
(b) "Here's one for all time."
(c) "Here's the best."
(d) "Here's one for the press."
15. What did Ira died from?
(a) Gun shot wound.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Cold and alcohol poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John Bradley receive for his action on Iwo Jima?
2. Where did the photographs taken by journalists go after being processed?
3. What job did Rene hold in 1979?
4. Who introduced a bill for a monument to be built based on Rosenthal's image?
5. How many Japanese soldiers attacked John Bradley screaming "Banzai"?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)