|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Ira buried?
(b) His reservation.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Iwo Jima.
2. How many casualties did the army estimate would be produced by a conventional invasion of Japan?
(a) 2 million.
(b) 1 million.
(c) 6 million.
(d) 3 million.
3. How many soldiers were unaccounted for on "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two" on Iwo Jima?
4. What happened to Lt. Severance in March 1945?
(a) He was killed.
(b) He was captured.
(c) He was promoted to Captain.
(d) He was called back to the U.S.
5. What did the AP do with Rosenthal's photograph?
(a) Sold it at auction.
(b) Sold it to the government.
(c) Loaned it to the government.
(d) Donated it to the government.
6. Where did the Blocks move after the death of their son?
(a) New York.
(c) Loma Linda.
7. Where was Ralph Ignatowski's body found?
(a) In a bunker.
(b) In an underground hideout.
(c) In a cave.
(d) In a trench.
8. Whose fame was immediate after the picture of the flag ran in the newspaper?
(a) The Marine Corp.
(b) John Bradley.
(c) The Los Angeles Time.
9. How many shots of the second raising of the flag were taken?
(a) 3 shots.
(b) 5 shots.
(c) 2 shots.
(d) 1 shot.
10. Who was the star of the movie Ira, John, and Rene appeared in?
(a) Cary Grant.
(b) John Wayne.
(c) Charlton Heston
(d) James Dean.
11. What movie were Ira, John, and Rene asked to appear in?
(a) "Take Iwo Jima."
(b) "Iwo Jima with Love."
(c) "The Sands of Iwo Jima."
(d) "The Battle of Iwo Jima."
12. How much money did the war bond drive ultimately raise?
(a) 26.3 billon dollars.
(b) 16.3 billon dollars.
(c) 56.3 billon dollars.
(d) 21.3 billon dollars.
13. What did the Marines use in conjunction with grenades to destroy Japanese underground structures?
(a) Flame throwers.
(b) Gun powder.
(c) Artillery shells.
14. What did Ira died from?
(a) Heart attack.
(c) Gun shot wound.
(d) Cold and alcohol poisoning.
15. When did John Bradley write to his parents about his helping raising the flag?
(a) February 26, 1944.
(b) January 26, 1945.
(c) February 26, 1945.
(d) February 6, 1945.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John Bradley receive for his action on Iwo Jima?
2. When was Iwo Jima declared conquered by Admiral Nimitz?
3. What myth did the photograph of the flag create in the American people?
4. When was the last time Ira, John, and Rene saw each other?
5. Who introduced a bill for a monument to be built based on Rosenthal's image?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)