|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decided which photographs were good enough to be published?
(a) The newspapers.
(b) The photographer.
(c) The Army press office.
(d) The pool chief.
2. What part of the Iwo Jima mountain did Easy Company go to in "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two"?
(a) The eastern side.
(b) The southwest side.
(c) The northeastern side.
(d) The south side.
3. How many soldiers were unaccounted for on "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two" on Iwo Jima?
4. How large was the unit sent to the top of mount Suribachi?
(a) 50 men.
(b) 25 men.
(c) 40 men.
(d) 12 men.
5. Whose letter about being in good health was sent to his parents after his death?
(a) Ira Smith.
(b) Joseph Hendricks.
(c) Robert Erikson.
(d) Harlon Block.
6. What happened when Mike led a small group of Marines in rugged terrain?
(a) The were recalled.
(b) They came under fire.
(c) They were targeted by friendly fire.
(d) They were blocked in a mine field.
7. Who ordered a platoon to be sent to the top of Mount Suribachi?
(a) Colonel Markenson.
(b) Colonel Smith.
(c) Colonel Minnen.
(d) Colonel Johnson.
8. What was the name of the plane that dropped the Hiroshima bomb?
(b) Big Bertha.
(c) Enola Gay.
9. Who did Rene write to in February 1945 without mentioning the flag?
10. What movie were Ira, John, and Rene asked to appear in?
(a) "The Battle of Iwo Jima."
(b) "The Sands of Iwo Jima."
(c) "Take Iwo Jima."
(d) "Iwo Jima with Love."
11. Why was Rene's parade cancel in 1945?
(a) It was raining.
(b) A new hero emerged.
(c) Roosevelt died.
(d) He was found drunk.
12. What false information was communicated to the Bradley's before their son came back home?
(a) He lost his leg.
(b) He had been lot at sea.
(c) He died.
(d) He had been captured.
13. Who did Ira, John, and Rene meet in Washington?
(b) President Truman.
(c) Admiral Nimitz.
14. Who picked up Rosenthal's picture at the AP office?
(a) Joe Ro0serberg.
(b) F.D Roosevelt.
(c) The New York Time editor.
(d) John Bodkin.
15. Who Lieutenant did John Bradley care for on Iwo Jima?
(a) Keith Wells.
(b) Mark Stenford.
(c) Randal Erikson.
(d) Henry Fird.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the commander expected would arrive to support his troops on Iwo Jima?
2. What myth did the photograph of the flag create in the American people?
3. When was de Weldon's statue unveiled at Arlington?
4. What was the barren ground of the mountain dotted with?
5. What happened to Martha Strank in the couple of months following her learning about her son's death?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)