|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What magazine did Louis Lowery photograph for?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The Portland Sun.
(c) The Lost Angel Democrat.
(d) Leatherneck Magazine.
2. What part of the Iwo Jima mountain did Easy Company go to in "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two"?
(a) The eastern side.
(b) The northeastern side.
(c) The southwest side.
(d) The south side.
3. How many shots of the second raising of the flag were taken?
(a) 1 shot.
(b) 2 shots.
(c) 3 shots.
(d) 5 shots.
4. What part of John Bradley was on the picture run in the newspaper?
(a) His feet.
(b) His back.
(c) His left side.
(d) His right leg.
5. How long did it take for the Marines to clear the volcano according to "Chapter Eleven: The Flags"?
(a) 9 days.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 12 days.
6. What happened to Lt. Severance in March 1945?
(a) He was killed.
(b) He was promoted to Captain.
(c) He was captured.
(d) He was called back to the U.S.
7. When was de Weldon's statue unveiled at Arlington?
(a) Late 1964.
(b) Late 1958.
(c) Late 1954.
(d) Late 1952.
8. Where was Mike buried?
(b) Iwo Jima.
(d) His home town.
9. When was Ira discharged from the Marines?
(a) January 1945.
(b) December 1945.
(c) December 1944.
(d) December 1946.
10. Whose fame was immediate after the picture of the flag ran in the newspaper?
(a) The Marine Corp.
(c) John Bradley.
(d) The Los Angeles Time.
11. How many American soldiers died on Iwo Jima by March 3, 1945?
12. What job did Rene hold in 1979?
(a) A teacher.
(b) He was retired.
(c) A bank clerk.
(d) A janitor.
13. Where were Harlon and Franklin buried?
(a) In their respective home towns.
(b) On Iwo Jima.
(c) In Pennsylvania.
(d) At Arlington.
14. What did the men use to raise the American flag on the top of mount Suribachi?
(a) A tree.
(b) A pipe.
(c) A canon barrel.
(d) A broom.
15. What type of bombers were using the Iwo Jima air strips in 1945?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave the larger American flag to the brig at the top of Mount Suribachi?
2. Who did news from Iwo Jima steal the headlines from in the U.S?
3. What was the barren ground of the mountain dotted with?
4. What ship was destroyed by Kamikazes in "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two" ?
5. When was the last time Ira, John, and Rene saw each other?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)