Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ship was destroyed by Kamikazes in "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two" ?
(a) USS Bismark.
(b) USS Arizona.
(c) USS Memphis.
(d) USS Arabia.
2. Where was Colonel Johnson when he issued the command to take the mountain the next morning?
(a) 3rd Battalion headquarters.
(b) 9th Battalion headquarters.
(c) 5th Battalion headquarters.
(d) 2nd Battalion headquarters.
3. Who decided which photographs were good enough to be published?
(a) The photographer.
(b) The Army press office.
(c) The pool chief.
(d) The newspapers.
4. How many soldiers were unaccounted for on "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two" on Iwo Jima?
5. When did Goldie finally receive news of her son's death?
(a) April 23, 1945
(b) April 9, 1946
(c) April 9, 1945.
(d) March 9, 1945
6. What unit did Easy Company rejoin on March 1, 1945 according to "Chapter Thirteen: We Gave Our Today"?
(a) The 30th Marine Division.
(b) The 28th Marine Division.
(c) The 8th Marine Division.
(d) The 18th Marine Division.
7. What prize did Rosenthal win?
(a) The Greedy prize.
(b) The Nobel.
(c) The Anson Prize.
(d) The Pulitzer.
8. How many of the 150 Japanese that tried to escape to the north made it through American fire?
9. When was the last time Ira, John, and Rene saw each other?
(a) When they met President Truman.
(b) When Ira was sick in 1963.
(c) At the statue unveiling.
(d) When they made the movie.
10. What false information was communicated to the Bradley's before their son came back home?
(a) He had been lot at sea.
(b) He died.
(c) He lost his leg.
(d) He had been captured.
11. How much of Easy Company's forces were lost on "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two"?
12. What part of John Bradley was on the picture run in the newspaper?
(a) His back.
(b) His feet.
(c) His right leg.
(d) His left side.
13. Where was Ira buried?
(a) Iwo Jima.
(b) His reservation.
(c) Los Angeles.
14. What did the Marines use in conjunction with grenades to destroy Japanese underground structures?
(b) Artillery shells.
(c) Gun powder.
(d) Flame throwers.
15. What happened to Lt. Severance in March 1945?
(a) He was captured.
(b) He was called back to the U.S.
(c) He was promoted to Captain.
(d) He was killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picked up Rosenthal's picture at the AP office?
2. What did the commander expected would arrive to support his troops on Iwo Jima?
3. How long did it take for the Marines to clear the volcano according to "Chapter Eleven: The Flags"?
4. Who Lieutenant did John Bradley care for on Iwo Jima?
5. Who took the photograph of the second raising of the flag?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)