|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose fame was immediate after the picture of the flag ran in the newspaper?
(a) John Bradley.
(b) The Los Angeles Time.
(d) The Marine Corp.
2. How large was the unit sent to the top of mount Suribachi?
(a) 25 men.
(b) 40 men.
(c) 50 men.
(d) 12 men.
3. What part of John Bradley was on the picture run in the newspaper?
(a) His back.
(b) His feet.
(c) His right leg.
(d) His left side.
4. Where were Harlon and Franklin buried?
(a) On Iwo Jima.
(b) At Arlington.
(c) In their respective home towns.
(d) In Pennsylvania.
5. Where did the photographs taken by journalists go after being processed?
(a) To the censors.
(b) The Pentagon.
(c) The Military Press Office.
(d) To the AP.
6. Who decided which photographs were good enough to be published?
(a) The pool chief.
(b) The Army press office.
(c) The photographer.
(d) The newspapers.
7. What did Mike's unit member think killed Mike?
(a) Friendly fire.
(b) Japanese snipers.
(d) Japanese infantry.
8. What type of bombers were using the Iwo Jima air strips in 1945?
9. Where was Ira buried?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) His reservation.
(d) Iwo Jima.
10. Who did Rene write to in February 1945 without mentioning the flag?
11. Who picked up Rosenthal's picture at the AP office?
(a) John Bodkin.
(b) The New York Time editor.
(c) Joe Ro0serberg.
(d) F.D Roosevelt.
12. Where was Ralph Ignatowski's body found?
(a) In a bunker.
(b) In an underground hideout.
(c) In a trench.
(d) In a cave.
13. How much money did the Wall Street broker-dealer organization give to the war bond drive?
(a) 1 billion dollars.
(b) 4 billion dollars.
(c) 3 billion dollars.
(d) 2 billion dollars.
14. How much of Easy Company's forces were lost on "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two"?
15. What myth did the photograph of the flag create in the American people?
(a) That the battle for Iwo Jima was over.
(b) The Air Force won alone.
(c) The battle for Iwo Jima was easy.
(d) Japan was ready to surrender.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many shots of the second raising of the flag were taken?
2. What happened to Martha Strank in the couple of months following her learning about her son's death?
3. What did the Marines use in conjunction with grenades to destroy Japanese underground structures?
4. What was the barren ground of the mountain dotted with?
5. When was Ira arrested for the 55th time?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)