|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Ira buried?
(a) His reservation.
(c) Iwo Jima.
(d) Los Angeles.
2. What ship was destroyed by Kamikazes in "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two" ?
(a) USS Arabia.
(b) USS Arizona.
(c) USS Memphis.
(d) USS Bismark.
3. When was Ira arrested for the 55th time?
(a) December 1955.
(b) December 1956.
(c) December 1954.
(d) December 1958.
4. Who led the platoon sent to the top of Mount Suribachi?
(a) George Schrier.
(b) Arthur Missaou.
(c) Mark Sorensen.
(d) George Smith.
5. Who Lieutenant did John Bradley care for on Iwo Jima?
(a) Mark Stenford.
(b) Randal Erikson.
(c) Keith Wells.
(d) Henry Fird.
6. Who did Rene write to in February 1945 without mentioning the flag?
7. Where did the photographs taken by journalists go after being processed?
(a) To the censors.
(b) The Pentagon.
(c) To the AP.
(d) The Military Press Office.
8. Who ordered a platoon to be sent to the top of Mount Suribachi?
(a) Colonel Markenson.
(b) Colonel Smith.
(c) Colonel Minnen.
(d) Colonel Johnson.
9. How long did the platoon take to reach the top of Mount Suribachi?
(a) 160 minutes.
(b) 50 minutes.
(c) 80 minutes.
(d) 40 minutes.
10. How many American soldiers died on Iwo Jima by March 3, 1945?
11. What happened to Lt. Severance in March 1945?
(a) He was called back to the U.S.
(b) He was captured.
(c) He was promoted to Captain.
(d) He was killed.
12. How many Japanese soldiers attacked John Bradley screaming "Banzai"?
13. Where was the American flag given to the platoon taken from?
(a) The USS Sapian.
(b) The USS Wisconsin.
(c) The USS Atlanta.
(d) The USS Missoula.
14. What did the AP editor say when he chose Rosenthal's picture?
(a) "This is the one."
(b) "Here's one for all time."
(c) "Here's one for the press."
(d) "Here's the best."
15. What happened to Martha Strank in the couple of months following her learning about her son's death?
(a) She died.
(b) They became mad.
(c) She left the country.
(d) Her hair turned white.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of Easy Company's forces were lost on "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two"?
2. How long did it take for the Marines to clear the volcano according to "Chapter Eleven: The Flags"?
3. How long did it take for John Bradley to stop crying at night after returning from Iwo Jima?
4. Where was Colonel Johnson when he issued the command to take the mountain the next morning?
5. How many soldiers were unaccounted for on "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two" on Iwo Jima?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)