|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who signed Harlon Block's enlistment papers?
(a) His father.
(b) He faked his father's signature.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
2. How long of a journey did the 5th Marine Division complete to reach Island X?
(a) 7,000 miles.
(b) 4,000 miles.
(c) 5,000 miles.
(d) 6,000 miles.
3. How many ships were part of the armada heading for Iwo Jima?
4. Where did Franklin Sousley live before WWII?
(a) San Franscisco, CA.
(b) Downhill, CA.
(c) New York.
(d) Hilltop, KY.
5. When was the American flag raised on Iwo Jima?
(a) Start of WWII.
(b) Start of the Korean war.
(c) End of WWI.
(d) Near the end of WWII.
6. How many Japanese were killed in Guadalcanal?
7. What boat was E company on?
(a) USS Stranpan.
(b) USS Missoula.
(c) USS Missouri.
(d) USS Sapian.
8. When did John meet his wife?
(a) In college.
(b) In boot camp.
(c) When he was in the third grade.
(d) In high school.
9. What did Ira say in the first letter he wrote from Iwo Jima?
(a) That he was afraid of death.
(b) That it was hot.
(c) That the beaches were nice.
(d) That the climate was good.
10. When did Mike's unit land on Bougainville?
(a) November 19, 1943.
(b) January 1, 1943.
(c) November 1, 1943.
(d) November 1, 1944.
11. When did John and his parents move from Texas to Appleton, WI?
(a) During WWI.
(b) During the Great Depression.
(c) In 1912.
(d) At the start of the War.
12. What was the Marine's secret weapon?
(a) Esprit de corps.
(b) Jet planes.
(c) Automatic rifles.
(d) Radar guided artillery.
13. Who was in charge of the 1st Marine Division in 1941?
(a) Matthiew Smith.
(b) Andrew L Weber.
(c) Holland Smith.
(d) Mark Steinberg.
14. What was the 5th Marine Division's first stop after Camp Tawara according to "Armada"?
15. What were the Japanese building at Guadalcanal?
(a) A training camp.
(b) A radio station.
(c) A submarine base.
(d) An air strip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the 5th Marine Division?
2. What was John Bradley's father's name?
3. What was John remembered for by the member of his unit?
4. How long did the battle for Iwo Jima last?
5. What was on Iwo Jima that made its capture imperative?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)