|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What portion of the American soldiers fighting on Iwo Jima ultimately died or were wounded?
2. Who did Bradley send the letter talking about the raising of the flag to?
(a) His sister.
(b) His parents.
(c) His future wife.
(d) His best friend.
3. How many Japanese were able to flee Guadalcanal?
4. Who was the only of the six flag raiser to have enlisted before Pearl Harbor according to Chapter 4 "Call of Duty"?
(a) Dexter Smith.
(b) Mike Strank.
(c) Edward McDougan.
(d) Anthony Marks.
5. What was Japan trying to do in Pearl Harbor?
(a) Clear the way to invade the U.S.
(b) Fire a warning shot.
(c) Test their fleet.
(d) Get the U.S into the war.
6. How many Marines were assigned to fighting toward the north of Iwo Jima?
7. How long did the bombing of Iwo Jima last before the invasion began?
(a) 72 days.
(b) 87 days.
(c) 21 days.
(d) 90 days.
8. Who was commanding the Japanese forces on Iwo Jima?
(a) General Kiribashi.
(b) General Kuribayashi.
(c) General Maginashi.
(d) General Ushi.
9. What was the 5th Marine Division given that made it unique?
(a) A special handshake.
(b) A special song.
(c) A special insignia.
(d) A special uniform.
10. Where did Harlon Block live before WWII?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles, CA.
(c) Baton Rouge, LA.
(d) Rio Grand Valley, TX.
11. When was the American flag raised on Iwo Jima?
(a) Start of WWII.
(b) Near the end of WWII.
(c) End of WWI.
(d) Start of the Korean war.
12. What was James Bradley's father's given name?
13. When did the invasion forces land on Iwo Jima according to "Chapter Seven: D Day" and "Chapter Eight: D Day Plus One"?
(a) February 19, 1947.
(b) January 19, 1945.
(c) February 9, 1945.
(d) February 19, 1945.
14. How was the Marine Ira saw when he landed on Iwo Jima killed?
(a) He blew up on a mine.
(b) Shot in the head.
(d) His arm was cut off.
15. How many marines landed on Iwo Jima by noon on D-Day?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long of a journey did the 5th Marine Division complete to reach Island X?
2. What were the Japanese soldiers trained to look for and target?
3. Who did John Bradley first treat on Iwo Jima?
4. How many men raised the American flag in Iwo Jima?
5. How long had Japan been at war with China as of 1941?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)