Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bradley say about the raising of the flag in Iwo Jima?
(a) It was uneventful.
(b) It was difficult.
(c) It was "the happiest moment of his life."
(d) It was tiring.
2. What portion of the American soldiers fighting on Iwo Jima ultimately died or were wounded?
3. How long had Japan been at war with China as of 1941?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 15 years.
4. How many times did Bradley talk to his sons about the raising of the flag?
(d) Once of twice a month.
5. What was John remembered for by the member of his unit?
(a) His accent.
(b) His stature.
(c) His laugh.
(d) His kindness.
6. Who was the only of the six flag raiser to have enlisted before Pearl Harbor according to Chapter 4 "Call of Duty"?
(a) Dexter Smith.
(b) Edward McDougan.
(c) Anthony Marks.
(d) Mike Strank.
7. When were the men of the 5th Marine Division told about their destination?
(a) 2 days out.
(b) 4 days out.
(c) 6 days out.
(d) 8 days out.
8. How long did the battle for Iwo Jima last?
(a) 46 days.
(b) 26 days.
(c) 56 days.
(d) 36 days.
9. How many marines landed on Iwo Jima by noon on D-Day?
10. Who was John's best friend in the Marines?
(a) Robert Kanisky.
(b) Henry Stravinsky.
(c) Iggy Popasky.
(d) Ralph Ignatowski.
11. Who did Bradley send the letter talking about the raising of the flag to?
(a) His future wife.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His sister.
(d) His parents.
12. What tradition did the Japanese forces follow?
(a) The Ushu tradition.
(b) The Kubashida tradition.
(c) The Ninja tradition.
(d) The Samurai tradition.
13. How many Marines were assigned to fighting toward the north of Iwo Jima?
14. What mountain was the flag raised on top of?
(b) Mount Vernon.
15. What did John's father encourage him to do?
(a) Flee to Canada.
(b) Join the Navy.
(c) Join the Army.
(d) Join the Air Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Japanese were killed in Guadalcanal?
2. What military man went to Iwo Jima with James Bradley?
3. How many men raised the flag according to "Chapter Two: All American Boys"?
4. How many men raised the American flag in Iwo Jima?
5. Where did Harlon Block live before WWII?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)