|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Pearl Harbor located?
(d) Washington state.
2. What boat was E company on?
(a) USS Sapian.
(b) USS Stranpan.
(c) USS Missoula.
(d) USS Missouri.
3. When was the American flag raised on Iwo Jima?
(a) End of WWI.
(b) Start of the Korean war.
(c) Near the end of WWII.
(d) Start of WWII.
4. When was the 5th Marine Division scheduled to be activated?
(a) November 11, 1944
(b) December 11, 1943
(c) November 21, 1943
(d) November 11, 1943.
5. What sport was Belle Block against her son playing?
6. What portion of the American soldiers fighting on Iwo Jima ultimately died or were wounded?
7. When did Mike's unit land on Bougainville?
(a) November 1, 1944.
(b) January 1, 1943.
(c) November 19, 1943.
(d) November 1, 1943.
8. Where did Franklin Sousley live before WWII?
(a) San Franscisco, CA.
(b) Downhill, CA.
(c) Hilltop, KY.
(d) New York.
9. How many men were to participate to the landing on Iwo Jima?
10. What war did John Bradley's father participate in?
(b) Korean war.
(c) Mexican War.
11. What was James Bradley's father's given name?
12. How long did the 5th Marine Division train at Camp Tarawa?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 8 months.
13. What type of Japanese troops took the first shots at the Marines?
14. How many brothers does James Bradley have according to "Chapter One: Sacred Ground"?
15. How many men raised the American flag in Iwo Jima?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the Japanese fight to death for?
2. What did Ira say in the first letter he wrote from Iwo Jima?
3. How many times did Bradley talk to his sons about the raising of the flag?
4. Where did Harlon Block live before WWII?
5. How many Japanese were killed in Guadalcanal?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)