|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Harlon Block ship for duty?
2. Who did Bradley send the letter talking about the raising of the flag to?
(a) His sister.
(b) His parents.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His future wife.
3. What was the name of the 5th Marine Division?
4. Who did the Japanese fight to death for?
(a) Their Queen.
(b) Their pride.
(c) Their Emperor.
(d) The ancestors.
5. When did Mike's unit land on Bougainville?
(a) November 1, 1943.
(b) November 1, 1944.
(c) January 1, 1943.
(d) November 19, 1943.
6. What were the Japanese building at Guadalcanal?
(a) A radio station.
(b) A training camp.
(c) A submarine base.
(d) An air strip.
7. What was John remembered for by the member of his unit?
(a) His kindness.
(b) His laugh.
(c) His stature.
(d) His accent.
8. When did John meet his wife?
(a) In boot camp.
(b) In college.
(c) In high school.
(d) When he was in the third grade.
9. How many times did Bradley talk to his sons about the raising of the flag?
(a) Once of twice a month.
10. What did the Japanese consider Iwo Jima to be?
(b) Too far to defend.
11. How long did the battle for Iwo Jima last?
(a) 56 days.
(b) 36 days.
(c) 46 days.
(d) 26 days.
12. What was James Bradley's father's given name?
13. What was John Bradley's mother's name?
14. Who was the only of the six flag raiser to have enlisted before Pearl Harbor according to Chapter 4 "Call of Duty"?
(a) Anthony Marks.
(b) Edward McDougan.
(c) Dexter Smith.
(d) Mike Strank.
15. What was the Japanese attack Pearl Harbor called according to "Chapter Three: America's War"?
(a) "The day that will live in infamy."
(b) "The B day."
(c) "The day of pain."
(d) "The day of the attack."
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men raised the flag according to "Chapter Two: All American Boys"?
2. Who came to confer with Generals of the 5th Marine Division while it was training?
3. What tradition did the Japanese forces follow?
4. How long had Japan been at war with China as of 1941?
5. What was Ira Hayes's nickname in the Corps?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)