|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the 5th Marine Division scheduled to be activated?
(a) December 11, 1943
(b) November 21, 1943
(c) November 11, 1943.
(d) November 11, 1944
2. What war did John Bradley's father participate in?
(b) Korean war.
(c) Mexican War.
3. Where did Harlon experience hand to hand combat?
(a) Hellhole Ridge.
(b) Death Canyon.
(c) Death Gorge.
(d) Hellzapoppin' Ridge.
4. Who was the only of the six flag raiser to have enlisted before Pearl Harbor according to Chapter 4 "Call of Duty"?
(a) Anthony Marks.
(b) Dexter Smith.
(c) Edward McDougan.
(d) Mike Strank.
5. Who did Bradley send the letter talking about the raising of the flag to?
(a) His future wife.
(b) His parents.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His sister.
6. What did hundred of thousands of young Americans do after hearing Roosevelt's speech?
(a) They attacked the Japanese embassy.
(b) They burned Japanese electronics.
(c) They fled to Canada.
(d) They overwhelmed the enlistment centers.
7. When did John and his parents move from Texas to Appleton, WI?
(a) During WWI.
(b) At the start of the War.
(c) During the Great Depression.
(d) In 1912.
8. Where is Pearl Harbor located?
(d) Washington state.
9. What was the 5th Marine Division's first stop after Camp Tawara according to "Armada"?
10. When were the men of the 5th Marine Division told about their destination?
(a) 8 days out.
(b) 2 days out.
(c) 6 days out.
(d) 4 days out.
11. What was the Marine's secret weapon?
(a) Esprit de corps.
(b) Automatic rifles.
(c) Jet planes.
(d) Radar guided artillery.
12. How large is Iwo Jima?
(a) 24 miles.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 2 miles.
(d) 8 miles.
13. Who was commanding the Japanese forces on Iwo Jima?
(a) General Maginashi.
(b) General Kiribashi.
(c) General Ushi.
(d) General Kuribayashi.
14. How long did the bombing of Iwo Jima last before the invasion began?
(a) 87 days.
(b) 90 days.
(c) 72 days.
(d) 21 days.
15. What did the Japanese consider Iwo Jima to be?
(b) Too far to defend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Harlon Block when he joined the Marines?
2. Where did Ira Hayes train?
3. What unit were the six flag raisers assigned to?
4. How long did the 5th Marine Division train for before being shipped to Hawaii?
5. When did Harlon Block ship for duty?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)