|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the battle for Iwo Jima last?
(a) 26 days.
(b) 56 days.
(c) 36 days.
(d) 46 days.
2. Who did John Bradley first treat on Iwo Jima?
(a) John Fredatovich.
(b) John Petranovich.
(c) Mark Bashing.
(d) Ethan Franklin.
3. How many men raised the American flag in Iwo Jima?
4. What color were the beaches of Iwo Jima?
5. Who came to confer with Generals of the 5th Marine Division while it was training?
(a) Dwight Eisenhower.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) Admiral Nimitz.
(d) President Roosevelt.
6. Who was in charge of the 1st Marine Division in 1941?
(a) Matthiew Smith.
(b) Mark Steinberg.
(c) Andrew L Weber.
(d) Holland Smith.
7. What was the 5th Marine Division given that made it unique?
(a) A special uniform.
(b) A special handshake.
(c) A special insignia.
(d) A special song.
8. How long did the 5th Marine Division train at Camp Tarawa?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 12 months.
9. How many Marines were assigned to fighting toward the north of Iwo Jima?
10. What did Bradley say about the raising of the flag in Iwo Jima?
(a) It was difficult.
(b) It was uneventful.
(c) It was tiring.
(d) It was "the happiest moment of his life."
11. Where is Pearl Harbor located?
(d) Washington state.
12. What did Japanese artillery wipe out on the beach?
(a) 2 faith stations.
(b) 3 oil tankers.
(c) 2 casualty stations.
(d) 2 tanks stations.
13. How old was Harlon Block when he joined the Marines?
14. When was the American flag raised on Iwo Jima?
(a) End of WWI.
(b) Near the end of WWII.
(c) Start of WWII.
(d) Start of the Korean war.
15. What were the Japanese building at Guadalcanal?
(a) A training camp.
(b) An air strip.
(c) A radio station.
(d) A submarine base.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Japanese attack Pearl Harbor called according to "Chapter Three: America's War"?
2. What was the 5th Marine Division's first stop after Camp Tawara according to "Armada"?
3. What was Japan trying to do in Pearl Harbor?
4. What was Ira Hayes's nickname in the Corps?
5. How many Japanese were killed in Guadalcanal?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)