|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the 5th Marine Division given that made it unique?
(a) A special insignia.
(b) A special uniform.
(c) A special handshake.
(d) A special song.
2. Who did Harlon Block join the Marines with?
(a) His soccer team.
(b) His football team.
(c) His brothers.
(d) His class.
3. How many men raised the flag according to "Chapter Two: All American Boys"?
4. When did Ira Hayes get his paratrooper wings?
5. What were the Japanese soldiers trained to look for and target?
(d) Soldiers with medical pouches.
6. What was the name of the unit Mike joined?
(a) The Rangers.
(b) The Raiders.
(c) The Wolves.
(d) The Marlins.
7. How many Japanese were killed in Guadalcanal?
8. What was John Bradley's mother's name?
9. What was John's nickname?
10. When was the American flag raised on Iwo Jima?
(a) Near the end of WWII.
(b) End of WWI.
(c) Start of the Korean war.
(d) Start of WWII.
11. What tradition did the Japanese forces follow?
(a) The Kubashida tradition.
(b) The Ushu tradition.
(c) The Ninja tradition.
(d) The Samurai tradition.
12. How long did the 5th Marine Division train for before being shipped to Hawaii?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 8 months.
(d) 9 months.
13. Where did Franklin Sousley live before WWII?
(a) San Franscisco, CA.
(b) New York.
(c) Downhill, CA.
(d) Hilltop, KY.
14. What was the Marine's secret weapon?
(a) Radar guided artillery.
(b) Automatic rifles.
(c) Esprit de corps.
(d) Jet planes.
15. What did John's father encourage him to do?
(a) Flee to Canada.
(b) Join the Air Force.
(c) Join the Army.
(d) Join the Navy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was John remembered for by the member of his unit?
2. What was the nickname given to Mount Suribachi?
3. What sport was Belle Block against her son playing?
4. Who came to confer with Generals of the 5th Marine Division while it was training?
5. Who went to Iwo Jima with James Bradley and his siblings?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)