|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Japanese artillery wipe out on the beach?
(a) 3 oil tankers.
(b) 2 casualty stations.
(c) 2 tanks stations.
(d) 2 faith stations.
2. What was John's nickname?
3. Where did Harlon Block live before WWII?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles, CA.
(c) Rio Grand Valley, TX.
(d) Baton Rouge, LA.
4. Who was the only of the six flag raiser to have enlisted before Pearl Harbor according to Chapter 4 "Call of Duty"?
(a) Dexter Smith.
(b) Anthony Marks.
(c) Edward McDougan.
(d) Mike Strank.
5. How many Japanese were killed in Guadalcanal?
6. How was the Marine Ira saw when he landed on Iwo Jima killed?
(a) His arm was cut off.
(b) He blew up on a mine.
(d) Shot in the head.
7. What was John remembered for by the member of his unit?
(a) His laugh.
(b) His stature.
(c) His kindness.
(d) His accent.
8. How many Japanese were able to flee Guadalcanal?
9. What sport was Belle Block against her son playing?
10. What color were the beaches of Iwo Jima?
11. What was the Japanese attack Pearl Harbor called according to "Chapter Three: America's War"?
(a) "The B day."
(b) "The day of the attack."
(c) "The day that will live in infamy."
(d) "The day of pain."
12. What war did John Bradley's father participate in?
(a) Mexican War.
(d) Korean war.
13. How many times did Bradley talk to his sons about the raising of the flag?
(a) Once of twice a month.
14. How many men were to participate to the landing on Iwo Jima?
15. Who did the Japanese fight to death for?
(a) The ancestors.
(b) Their pride.
(c) Their Emperor.
(d) Their Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who signed Harlon Block's enlistment papers?
2. What boat was E company on?
3. What military man went to Iwo Jima with James Bradley?
4. How many brothers does James Bradley have according to "Chapter One: Sacred Ground"?
5. What were the Japanese building at Guadalcanal?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)