|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession did John discover while at church?
(a) Funeral director.
(d) Organ player.
2. Who was in charge of the 1st Marine Division in 1941?
(a) Mark Steinberg.
(b) Holland Smith.
(c) Andrew L Weber.
(d) Matthiew Smith.
3. What color were the beaches of Iwo Jima?
4. Where was the 5th Marine Division stationed in November 1943 according to "Chapter Five: Forging the Spearhead"?
(a) Camp Smith.
(b) Camp Pendleton.
(c) Camp 5.
(d) Camp Tawara.
5. What did hundred of thousands of young Americans do after hearing Roosevelt's speech?
(a) They overwhelmed the enlistment centers.
(b) They burned Japanese electronics.
(c) They attacked the Japanese embassy.
(d) They fled to Canada.
6. When were the men of the 5th Marine Division told about their destination?
(a) 4 days out.
(b) 6 days out.
(c) 2 days out.
(d) 8 days out.
7. What tradition did the Japanese forces follow?
(a) The Ushu tradition.
(b) The Kubashida tradition.
(c) The Ninja tradition.
(d) The Samurai tradition.
8. How long did the 5th Marine Division train at Camp Tarawa?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 8 months.
(d) 6 months.
9. Who went to Iwo Jima with James Bradley and his siblings?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His son.
10. How large is Iwo Jima?
(a) 8 miles.
(b) 24 miles.
(c) 10 miles.
(d) 2 miles.
11. What was John's mother's religion?
12. How long did the bombing of Iwo Jima last before the invasion began?
(a) 87 days.
(b) 90 days.
(c) 72 days.
(d) 21 days.
13. When did the invasion forces land on Iwo Jima according to "Chapter Seven: D Day" and "Chapter Eight: D Day Plus One"?
(a) January 19, 1945.
(b) February 19, 1945.
(c) February 19, 1947.
(d) February 9, 1945.
14. When did John and his parents move from Texas to Appleton, WI?
(a) At the start of the War.
(b) During the Great Depression.
(c) During WWI.
(d) In 1912.
15. Who was commanding the Japanese forces on Iwo Jima?
(a) General Maginashi.
(b) General Kuribayashi.
(c) General Kiribashi.
(d) General Ushi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What boat was E company on?
2. How many brothers does James Bradley have according to "Chapter One: Sacred Ground"?
3. What military man went to Iwo Jima with James Bradley?
4. What did Bradley say about the raising of the flag in Iwo Jima?
5. What portion of the American soldiers fighting on Iwo Jima ultimately died or were wounded?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)