|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the Marine Ira saw when he landed on Iwo Jima killed?
(a) His arm was cut off.
(b) Shot in the head.
(c) He blew up on a mine.
2. How long did the bombing of Iwo Jima last before the invasion began?
(a) 21 days.
(b) 87 days.
(c) 72 days.
(d) 90 days.
3. Who did Bradley send the letter talking about the raising of the flag to?
(a) His future wife.
(b) His sister.
(c) His parents.
(d) His best friend.
4. What did Ira say in the first letter he wrote from Iwo Jima?
(a) That the climate was good.
(b) That it was hot.
(c) That he was afraid of death.
(d) That the beaches were nice.
5. What was Ira Hayes's nickname in the Corps?
(a) Laughing Easy.
(c) Chief Falling Cloud.
(d) Flying Horseman.
6. How old was Jack Lucas when he received the Medal of Honor?
(a) 87 years old.
(b) 10 years old.
(c) 34 years old.
(d) 17 years old.
7. Where is Pearl Harbor located?
(a) Washington state.
8. Who did John Bradley first treat on Iwo Jima?
(a) Mark Bashing.
(b) John Petranovich.
(c) Ethan Franklin.
(d) John Fredatovich.
9. What was the 5th Marine Division given that made it unique?
(a) A special song.
(b) A special handshake.
(c) A special insignia.
(d) A special uniform.
10. How long had Japan been at war with China as of 1941?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 15 years.
11. When did Ira Hayes get his paratrooper wings?
12. Who came to confer with Generals of the 5th Marine Division while it was training?
(a) President Roosevelt.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) Admiral Nimitz.
(d) Dwight Eisenhower.
13. How many men raised the American flag in Iwo Jima?
14. How long did the 5th Marine Division train at Camp Tarawa?
(a) 8 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 4 months.
15. Where did Franklin Sousley live before WWII?
(a) San Franscisco, CA.
(b) New York.
(c) Hilltop, KY.
(d) Downhill, CA.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long of a journey did the 5th Marine Division complete to reach Island X?
2. What was James Bradley's father's given name?
3. What did hundred of thousands of young Americans do after hearing Roosevelt's speech?
4. What profession did John discover while at church?
5. What type of Japanese troops took the first shots at the Marines?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)