|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Harlon Block ship for duty?
2. What color were the beaches of Iwo Jima?
3. What were the Japanese building at Guadalcanal?
(a) A training camp.
(b) A submarine base.
(c) A radio station.
(d) An air strip.
4. What was the 5th Marine Division's first stop after Camp Tawara according to "Armada"?
5. Who went to Iwo Jima with James Bradley and his siblings?
(a) His son.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His uncle.
6. Where did Harlon experience hand to hand combat?
(a) Hellzapoppin' Ridge.
(b) Death Gorge.
(c) Death Canyon.
(d) Hellhole Ridge.
7. What portion of the American soldiers fighting on Iwo Jima ultimately died or were wounded?
8. When did John meet his wife?
(a) In boot camp.
(b) When he was in the third grade.
(c) In high school.
(d) In college.
9. What war did John Bradley's father participate in?
(a) Korean war.
(d) Mexican War.
10. What tradition did the Japanese forces follow?
(a) The Samurai tradition.
(b) The Ushu tradition.
(c) The Kubashida tradition.
(d) The Ninja tradition.
11. Where is Pearl Harbor located?
(d) Washington state.
12. How long did the 5th Marine Division train for before being shipped to Hawaii?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 8 months.
13. What was John's father's career before WWII?
(b) Railroad worker.
14. How many marines landed on Iwo Jima by noon on D-Day?
15. What was John remembered for by the member of his unit?
(a) His accent.
(b) His kindness.
(c) His stature.
(d) His laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Marines were killed on D-Day on Iwo Jima?
2. What was Japan trying to do in Pearl Harbor?
3. How many Japanese were killed in Guadalcanal?
4. How many Japanese were able to flee Guadalcanal?
5. How long of a journey did the 5th Marine Division complete to reach Island X?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)