|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the 5th Marine Division scheduled to be activated?
(a) November 11, 1944
(b) November 21, 1943
(c) December 11, 1943
(d) November 11, 1943.
2. How old was Harlon Block when he joined the Marines?
3. Who came to confer with Generals of the 5th Marine Division while it was training?
(a) Admiral Nimitz.
(b) President Roosevelt.
(c) Dwight Eisenhower.
(d) Winston Churchill.
4. Who was the only of the six flag raiser to have enlisted before Pearl Harbor according to Chapter 4 "Call of Duty"?
(a) Dexter Smith.
(b) Edward McDougan.
(c) Mike Strank.
(d) Anthony Marks.
5. What was the Japanese attack Pearl Harbor called according to "Chapter Three: America's War"?
(a) "The day of the attack."
(b) "The B day."
(c) "The day that will live in infamy."
(d) "The day of pain."
6. How long did the battle for Iwo Jima last?
(a) 36 days.
(b) 46 days.
(c) 56 days.
(d) 26 days.
7. What was John Bradley's father's name?
8. Who was John's best friend in the Marines?
(a) Iggy Popasky.
(b) Henry Stravinsky.
(c) Ralph Ignatowski.
(d) Robert Kanisky.
9. What was John remembered for by the member of his unit?
(a) His laugh.
(b) His accent.
(c) His kindness.
(d) His stature.
10. What mountain was the flag raised on top of?
(d) Mount Vernon.
11. What unit were the six flag raisers assigned to?
(a) Easy Company.
(b) Fox Company.
(c) Bravo Company.
(d) Delta Company.
12. What duty was Rene given in the unit?
(a) Water boy.
(b) Machine gunner.
(c) Supply specialist.
13. How many Japanese were killed in Guadalcanal?
14. What did Japanese artillery wipe out on the beach?
(a) 2 tanks stations.
(b) 2 casualty stations.
(c) 2 faith stations.
(d) 3 oil tankers.
15. What did the Japanese consider Iwo Jima to be?
(c) Too far to defend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the 5th Marine Division stationed in November 1943 according to "Chapter Five: Forging the Spearhead"?
2. When did Harlon Block ship for duty?
3. How many Marines were killed on D-Day on Iwo Jima?
4. Where did Franklin Sousley live before WWII?
5. Where did Harlon experience hand to hand combat?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)