|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the Marine Ira saw when he landed on Iwo Jima killed?
(b) Shot in the head.
(c) His arm was cut off.
(d) He blew up on a mine.
2. Who did the Japanese fight to death for?
(a) Their Queen.
(b) The ancestors.
(c) Their Emperor.
(d) Their pride.
3. What was the name of the unit Mike joined?
(a) The Rangers.
(b) The Marlins.
(c) The Raiders.
(d) The Wolves.
4. What were the Japanese building at Guadalcanal?
(a) A training camp.
(b) A submarine base.
(c) A radio station.
(d) An air strip.
5. Who was commanding the Japanese forces on Iwo Jima?
(a) General Kuribayashi.
(b) General Maginashi.
(c) General Ushi.
(d) General Kiribashi.
6. When did Ira Hayes get his paratrooper wings?
7. What duty was Rene given in the unit?
(b) Water boy.
(c) Supply specialist.
(d) Machine gunner.
8. How long did the 5th Marine Division train at Camp Tarawa?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 8 months.
9. How long did the bombing of Iwo Jima last before the invasion began?
(a) 72 days.
(b) 87 days.
(c) 90 days.
(d) 21 days.
10. What sport was Belle Block against her son playing?
11. Where is Pearl Harbor located?
(d) Washington state.
12. When did the invasion forces land on Iwo Jima according to "Chapter Seven: D Day" and "Chapter Eight: D Day Plus One"?
(a) January 19, 1945.
(b) February 19, 1947.
(c) February 9, 1945.
(d) February 19, 1945.
13. How many Marines were assigned to fighting toward the north of Iwo Jima?
14. What did Ira say in the first letter he wrote from Iwo Jima?
(a) That he was afraid of death.
(b) That it was hot.
(c) That the climate was good.
(d) That the beaches were nice.
15. How many Marines were killed on D-Day on Iwo Jima?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Mike's unit land on Bougainville?
2. What was on Iwo Jima that made its capture imperative?
3. How many men were to participate to the landing on Iwo Jima?
4. When did Harlon Block ship for duty?
5. What did John's father encourage him to do?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)