|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was John remembered for by the member of his unit?
(a) His accent.
(b) His kindness.
(c) His stature.
(d) His laugh.
2. What were the Japanese building at Guadalcanal?
(a) An air strip.
(b) A submarine base.
(c) A radio station.
(d) A training camp.
3. How long of a journey did the 5th Marine Division complete to reach Island X?
(a) 5,000 miles.
(b) 7,000 miles.
(c) 4,000 miles.
(d) 6,000 miles.
4. How many men raised the flag according to "Chapter Two: All American Boys"?
5. What was Ira Hayes's nickname in the Corps?
(a) Chief Falling Cloud.
(c) Laughing Easy.
(d) Flying Horseman.
6. What boat was E company on?
(a) USS Missoula.
(b) USS Missouri.
(c) USS Stranpan.
(d) USS Sapian.
7. What sport was Belle Block against her son playing?
8. How many ships were part of the armada heading for Iwo Jima?
9. How many men raised the American flag in Iwo Jima?
10. What did hundred of thousands of young Americans do after hearing Roosevelt's speech?
(a) They fled to Canada.
(b) They burned Japanese electronics.
(c) They overwhelmed the enlistment centers.
(d) They attacked the Japanese embassy.
11. Who was commanding the Japanese forces on Iwo Jima?
(a) General Kuribayashi.
(b) General Maginashi.
(c) General Kiribashi.
(d) General Ushi.
12. Who came to confer with Generals of the 5th Marine Division while it was training?
(a) President Roosevelt.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) Dwight Eisenhower.
(d) Admiral Nimitz.
13. What was the 5th Marine Division given that made it unique?
(a) A special song.
(b) A special handshake.
(c) A special uniform.
(d) A special insignia.
14. What unit were the six flag raisers assigned to?
(a) Delta Company.
(b) Easy Company.
(c) Bravo Company.
(d) Fox Company.
15. When did the invasion forces land on Iwo Jima according to "Chapter Seven: D Day" and "Chapter Eight: D Day Plus One"?
(a) February 19, 1945.
(b) February 19, 1947.
(c) February 9, 1945.
(d) January 19, 1945.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color were the beaches of Iwo Jima?
2. What was John Bradley's father's name?
3. How many Japanese were killed in Guadalcanal?
4. What tradition did the Japanese forces follow?
5. Who went to Iwo Jima with James Bradley and his siblings?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)