|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was John's nickname?
2. How many men were to participate to the landing on Iwo Jima?
3. What tradition did the Japanese forces follow?
(a) The Samurai tradition.
(b) The Ushu tradition.
(c) The Ninja tradition.
(d) The Kubashida tradition.
4. How long did the bombing of Iwo Jima last before the invasion began?
(a) 90 days.
(b) 72 days.
(c) 21 days.
(d) 87 days.
5. How old was Jack Lucas when he received the Medal of Honor?
(a) 10 years old.
(b) 17 years old.
(c) 87 years old.
(d) 34 years old.
6. Who did Bradley send the letter talking about the raising of the flag to?
(a) His future wife.
(b) His parents.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His sister.
7. How long did the 5th Marine Division train at Camp Tarawa?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 8 months.
8. What was the 5th Marine Division given that made it unique?
(a) A special uniform.
(b) A special insignia.
(c) A special song.
(d) A special handshake.
9. What color were the beaches of Iwo Jima?
10. What was the 5th Marine Division's first stop after Camp Tawara according to "Armada"?
11. What portion of the American soldiers fighting on Iwo Jima ultimately died or were wounded?
12. Where was the 5th Marine Division stationed in November 1943 according to "Chapter Five: Forging the Spearhead"?
(a) Camp Pendleton.
(b) Camp 5.
(c) Camp Tawara.
(d) Camp Smith.
13. Who did John Bradley first treat on Iwo Jima?
(a) John Fredatovich.
(b) Mark Bashing.
(c) Ethan Franklin.
(d) John Petranovich.
14. When did Ira Hayes get his paratrooper wings?
15. How many marines landed on Iwo Jima by noon on D-Day?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was John Bradley's mother's name?
2. How was the Marine Ira saw when he landed on Iwo Jima killed?
3. Where is Pearl Harbor located?
4. When was the American flag raised on Iwo Jima?
5. What were the Japanese building at Guadalcanal?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)