|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many brothers does James Bradley have according to "Chapter One: Sacred Ground"?
2. When did Harlon Block ship for duty?
3. What war did John Bradley's father participate in?
(b) Korean war.
(c) Mexican War.
4. What color were the beaches of Iwo Jima?
5. What was the nickname given to Mount Suribachi?
(a) Large Rock.
(b) El Volcano.
(c) Hot Rocks.
(d) Black Rock.
6. What were the Japanese building at Guadalcanal?
(a) A submarine base.
(b) An air strip.
(c) A training camp.
(d) A radio station.
7. Where did Ira Hayes train?
(a) A boot camp near San Diego.
(b) A boot camp near Pasadena.
(c) A boot camp near New York.
(d) A boot camp near Boston.
8. What boat was E company on?
(a) USS Missouri.
(b) USS Sapian.
(c) USS Stranpan.
(d) USS Missoula.
9. How long of a journey did the 5th Marine Division complete to reach Island X?
(a) 4,000 miles.
(b) 6,000 miles.
(c) 5,000 miles.
(d) 7,000 miles.
10. How old was Harlon Block when he joined the Marines?
11. Who was in charge of the 1st Marine Division in 1941?
(a) Andrew L Weber.
(b) Holland Smith.
(c) Matthiew Smith.
(d) Mark Steinberg.
12. What unit were the six flag raisers assigned to?
(a) Bravo Company.
(b) Fox Company.
(c) Easy Company.
(d) Delta Company.
13. How many ships were part of the armada heading for Iwo Jima?
14. How many marines landed on Iwo Jima by noon on D-Day?
15. When was the 5th Marine Division scheduled to be activated?
(a) November 11, 1944
(b) November 11, 1943.
(c) December 11, 1943
(d) November 21, 1943
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Japanese were killed in Guadalcanal?
2. What was the name of the 5th Marine Division?
3. What did Bradley say about the raising of the flag in Iwo Jima?
4. Who did Harlon Block join the Marines with?
5. What was the Marine's secret weapon?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)