|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was James Bradley's father's given name?
2. What did John's father encourage him to do?
(a) Join the Air Force.
(b) Join the Navy.
(c) Flee to Canada.
(d) Join the Army.
3. How old was Jack Lucas when he received the Medal of Honor?
(a) 17 years old.
(b) 10 years old.
(c) 87 years old.
(d) 34 years old.
4. Where is Pearl Harbor located?
(b) Washington state.
5. How many brothers does James Bradley have according to "Chapter One: Sacred Ground"?
6. What was Japan trying to do in Pearl Harbor?
(a) Get the U.S into the war.
(b) Fire a warning shot.
(c) Clear the way to invade the U.S.
(d) Test their fleet.
7. How old was Harlon Block when he joined the Marines?
8. Who did Harlon Block join the Marines with?
(a) His football team.
(b) His soccer team.
(c) His class.
(d) His brothers.
9. Where did Ira Hayes train?
(a) A boot camp near Boston.
(b) A boot camp near New York.
(c) A boot camp near San Diego.
(d) A boot camp near Pasadena.
10. Who came to confer with Generals of the 5th Marine Division while it was training?
(a) President Roosevelt.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) Dwight Eisenhower.
(d) Admiral Nimitz.
11. What profession did John discover while at church?
(b) Organ player.
(c) Funeral director.
12. Who was the only of the six flag raiser to have enlisted before Pearl Harbor according to Chapter 4 "Call of Duty"?
(a) Edward McDougan.
(b) Mike Strank.
(c) Dexter Smith.
(d) Anthony Marks.
13. What was John's father's career before WWII?
(d) Railroad worker.
14. Who was commanding the Japanese forces on Iwo Jima?
(a) General Ushi.
(b) General Kuribayashi.
(c) General Maginashi.
(d) General Kiribashi.
15. What mountain was the flag raised on top of?
(a) Mount Vernon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the 5th Marine Division given that made it unique?
2. Who did Bradley send the letter talking about the raising of the flag to?
3. When were the men of the 5th Marine Division told about their destination?
4. Where did Harlon experience hand to hand combat?
5. What were the Japanese building at Guadalcanal?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)