|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Myths.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the Iwo Jima mountain did Easy Company go to in "Chapter Nine: D-Day Plus Two"?
(a) The northeastern side.
(b) The eastern side.
(c) The south side.
(d) The southwest side.
2. When did the invasion forces land on Iwo Jima according to "Chapter Seven: D Day" and "Chapter Eight: D Day Plus One"?
(a) January 19, 1945.
(b) February 9, 1945.
(c) February 19, 1945.
(d) February 19, 1947.
3. What type of Japanese troops took the first shots at the Marines?
4. Whose fame was immediate after the picture of the flag ran in the newspaper?
(a) John Bradley.
(b) The Los Angeles Time.
(c) The Marine Corp.
5. When did Mike's unit land on Bougainville?
(a) January 1, 1943.
(b) November 1, 1944.
(c) November 19, 1943.
(d) November 1, 1943.
Short Answer Questions
1. What portion of the American soldiers fighting on Iwo Jima ultimately died or were wounded?
2. What did the Japanese consider Iwo Jima to be?
3. What happened after the flag was raised on top of Mount Suribachi?
4. How many ships were part of the armada heading for Iwo Jima?
5. Who signed Harlon Block's enlistment papers?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)