|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen: The Bond Tour and Chapter Seventeen: A Conflict of Honor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did John meet his wife?
(a) When he was in the third grade.
(b) In college.
(c) In high school.
(d) In boot camp.
2. What was the barren ground of the mountain dotted with?
(a) Crashed planes.
(b) Land mines.
(c) Japanese firing ports.
(d) Japanese tanks.
3. Where did Franklin Sousley live before WWII?
(a) Downhill, CA.
(b) New York.
(c) San Franscisco, CA.
(d) Hilltop, KY.
4. What was John Bradley's father's name?
5. How long of a journey did the 5th Marine Division complete to reach Island X?
(a) 6,000 miles.
(b) 7,000 miles.
(c) 5,000 miles.
(d) 4,000 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport was Belle Block against her son playing?
2. Where was the 5th Marine Division stationed in November 1943 according to "Chapter Five: Forging the Spearhead"?
3. What did Ira do because of the media frenzy surrounding him?
4. What did hundred of thousands of young Americans do after hearing Roosevelt's speech?
5. How many Japanese were killed in Guadalcanal?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)