|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: The Flags.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the 5th Marine Division given that made it unique?
(a) A special handshake.
(b) A special song.
(c) A special uniform.
(d) A special insignia.
2. What was John remembered for by the member of his unit?
(a) His stature.
(b) His laugh.
(c) His kindness.
(d) His accent.
3. How many men raised the flag according to "Chapter Two: All American Boys"?
4. What did Ira say in the first letter he wrote from Iwo Jima?
(a) That the beaches were nice.
(b) That it was hot.
(c) That he was afraid of death.
(d) That the climate was good.
5. When was the 5th Marine Division scheduled to be activated?
(a) November 21, 1943
(b) November 11, 1944
(c) November 11, 1943.
(d) December 11, 1943
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ira Hayes's nickname in the Corps?
2. What magazine did Louis Lowery photograph for?
3. Where was the American flag given to the platoon taken from?
4. What profession did John discover while at church?
5. What sport was Belle Block against her son playing?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)