|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven: The Flags.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the only of the six flag raiser to have enlisted before Pearl Harbor according to Chapter 4 "Call of Duty"?
(a) Edward McDougan.
(b) Mike Strank.
(c) Anthony Marks.
(d) Dexter Smith.
2. How old was Jack Lucas when he received the Medal of Honor?
(a) 87 years old.
(b) 17 years old.
(c) 34 years old.
(d) 10 years old.
3. Who signed Harlon Block's enlistment papers?
(a) He faked his father's signature.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
4. How long did the 5th Marine Division train at Camp Tarawa?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 4 months.
5. How large was the unit sent to the top of mount Suribachi?
(a) 12 men.
(b) 25 men.
(c) 40 men.
(d) 50 men.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many shots of the second raising of the flag were taken?
2. When was the 5th Marine Division scheduled to be activated?
3. What was John's mother's religion?
4. What was the name of the unit Mike joined?
5. Where did Franklin Sousley live before WWII?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)