|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who performs the total body and cavity searches that Yakov is subjected to?
(a) The warden.
(b) The deputy warden.
(c) The colonel.
(d) The head guard.
2. After Yakov's visitor tells him what is required in order for Yakov do be released from prison, how does Yakov respond?
(a) He insists the visitor leave his cell.
(b) He questions the visitor's motives.
(c) He threatens the visitor.
(d) He puts on the prayer shawl.
3. For what does the prosecutor scold Yakov while the two men are meeting?
4. Who begins to visit Yakov's cell in the middle of winter in order to obtain body samples?
(a) The colonel.
(b) The warden.
(c) The head guard.
(d) The deputy warden.
5. What is the name of the fat man who shares his packages from the outside with the other prisoners?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers what Yakov is doing and confiscates his materials?
2. What is the name of Yakov's replacement guard?
3. Even though Yakov is desperately ill and not allowed access to the prison hospital, the prison doctor does tell him how to be cured. What is the doctor's advice?
4. According to the boy's mother, what does Zhenia see when he looks in Yakov's apartment?
5. As Yakov reflects on his time with Raisl, how does he characterize their early life together?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)