|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the guard who is comforted by Yakov's scripture readings refuse to give to Yakov?
(a) A pencil and paper.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A blanket.
2. After the warden delivers the indictment to Yakov, Yakov reads for a while, then has to put the papers down. When he picks them up again, what does Yakov briefly consider asking Kogin for?
(a) A candle.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A dictionary.
(d) A pen.
3. According to the indictment, how many wounds are on Zhenia?
4. What is the name of the prisoner sent to talk to Yakov?
5. When spring arrives, what is Yakov still lacking?
(b) An indictment.
(c) A new blanket.
(d) Sufficient evidence to clear his name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the fat man who shares his packages from the outside with the other prisoners offer to do for Yakov once the fat man is released from the prison?
2. Who advises Yakov to stay in the village and not venture on to Kiev?
3. Who discovers what Yakov is doing and confiscates his materials?
4. After the winter finally ends, Yakov is desperate to relieve his boredom. What does Yakov do?
5. After the prisoner sent to talk to Yakov tells him he is a murderer, what does the other prisoner do?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)