|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the prisoner sent to talk to Yakov tells him he is a murderer, what does the other prisoner do?
(a) He beats Yakov.
(b) He vilifies Yakov.
(c) He humiliates Yakov.
(d) He laughs at Yakov.
2. Who discovers what Yakov is doing and confiscates his materials?
(b) The deputy warden.
3. According to the indictment, how many wounds are on Zhenia?
4. After the warden delivers the indictment to Yakov, Yakov reads for a while, then has to put the papers down. When he picks them up again, what does Yakov briefly consider asking Kogin for?
(a) A candle.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A dictionary.
(d) A pen.
5. What is the name of the woman Yakov married?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the fat man who shares his packages from the outside with the other prisoners offer to do for Yakov once the fat man is released from the prison?
2. What does Zhitnyak sneak into Yakov after his escape-from-boredom materials are confiscated?
3. Who advises Yakov to stay in the village and not venture on to Kiev?
4. When the warden finally delivers Yakov's indictment, how does Yakov describe the indictment?
5. What is the name of the guard who is comforted by Yakov's scripture readings?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)