|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the warden delivers the indictment to Yakov, Yakov reads for a while, then has to put the papers down. When he picks them up again, what does Yakov briefly consider asking Kogin for?
(a) A dictionary.
(b) A candle.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A pen.
2. What does the fat man who shares his packages from the outside with the other prisoners offer to do for Yakov once the fat man is released from the prison?
(a) Pay for an attorney.
(b) Smuggle in drugs.
(c) Send for help.
(d) Mail a letter.
3. What is omitted from the indictment that surprises Yakov?
(a) The interrogation report.
(b) The statement from Marfa.
(c) The magical wounds information.
(d) The ritual murder information.
4. After the prisoner sent to talk to Yakov tells him he is a murderer, what does the other prisoner do?
(a) He beats Yakov.
(b) He vilifies Yakov.
(c) He humiliates Yakov.
(d) He laughs at Yakov.
5. What is the name of the woman Yakov married?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zhitnyak sneak into Yakov after his escape-from-boredom materials are confiscated?
2. Who discovers what Yakov is doing and confiscates his materials?
3. What does the guard who is comforted by Yakov's scripture readings refuse to give to Yakov?
4. Who advises Yakov to stay in the village and not venture on to Kiev?
5. After the winter finally ends, Yakov is desperate to relieve his boredom. What does Yakov do?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)