|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the fat man who shares his packages from the outside with the other prisoners offer to do for Yakov once the fat man is released from the prison?
(a) Pay for an attorney.
(b) Smuggle in drugs.
(c) Send for help.
(d) Mail a letter.
2. After the prisoner sent to talk to Yakov tells him he is a murderer, what does the other prisoner do?
(a) He humiliates Yakov.
(b) He laughs at Yakov.
(c) He vilifies Yakov.
(d) He beats Yakov.
3. When spring arrives, what is Yakov still lacking?
(a) A new blanket.
(c) An indictment.
(d) Sufficient evidence to clear his name.
4. What is the name of the woman Yakov married?
5. According to the indictment, how many wounds are on Zhenia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the fat man who shares his packages from the outside with the other prisoners?
2. After the warden delivers the indictment to Yakov, Yakov reads for a while, then has to put the papers down. When he picks them up again, what does Yakov briefly consider asking Kogin for?
3. What is the name of the prisoner sent to talk to Yakov?
4. What does the guard who is comforted by Yakov's scripture readings refuse to give to Yakov?
5. Who advises Yakov to stay in the village and not venture on to Kiev?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)