|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they learn that some Vietcong prisoners are being tried in Saigon, Rowe prays they will be sentenced to what?
(c) Life in prison.
(d) Community service.
2. What has Rowe been repeatedly told regarding the National Liberation Front?
(a) It has the full support of the people.
(b) It has no support from the people.
(c) It expects him to support them.
(d) It has some support from the people.
3. Using their own slang, what does Rowe ask the men to do?
(a) Help him to escape.
(b) Let his parents know that he is alive.
(c) Send a unit in to save him.
(d) Come back for him.
4. Who spots Rowe?
(b) A tank.
(d) The Vietcong.
5. He waits for a rescue attempt but decides it is not going to come, so what does he do?
(a) He plans an escape attempt of his own.
(b) He joins the Vietcong army.
(c) He gives up.
(d) He says what the Vietcong want him to say.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rowe say that the guards refuse to accept?
2. Why does Rowe remain on a loose quarantine?
3. With his first money, what does Rowe buy?
4. When does Rowe believe it seems worse to be on the verge of death?
5. What does he name them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rowe's escape attempt.
2. What does Rowe do on September 14? What does he expect from this?
3. Describe Rowe's action during the move.
4. Who are Herc and Ajax? Describe Rowe's relationship with them.
5. How does the book end?
6. Who spots Rowe?
7. What punishment is given to Rowe for refusing to write a statement siding with the National Liberation Front?
8. How does Rowe feel about the VC prisoners being tried in Saigon? Why does he feel this way?
9. How do the Vietnamese act bravely regarding Rowe?
10. What happens when Rowe arrives at the hospital?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)