|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rowe is told that even what will not prompt his release?
(a) His money.
(b) The end of the war.
(c) His acceptance of Vietcong beliefs.
(d) His threats.
2. When Rowe is some distance from camp, he encounters whom?
(a) The enemy.
(b) Vietnamese civilians.
(c) His own guards.
(d) The U.S. Army.
3. Initially, what does Rowe consider declining?
(a) The offer to make him a major.
(b) To answer any questions.
(c) To sign a waiver of his rights prior to the debriefing.
(d) The right to tell his story in a book.
4. What does Rowe do to one of his captors?
(a) He confuses him.
(b) He attacks him.
(c) He convinces him to run away.
(d) He kills him.
5. How does Rowe draw attention to himself?
(a) He begins to scream.
(b) He goes into a clearing and jumps up and down.
(c) He yells in English.
(d) He goes into a clearing and waves his white mosquito netting.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rowe feel at this time?
2. Where is Rowe's mother?
3. One older woman questions Rowe's captors. What does she ask?
4. What is Rowe's dog's name?
5. In a village near Tan Phu, why is Rowe recognized?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rowe do with the eagles? Why?
2. How do the Vietnamese act bravely regarding Rowe?
3. How does Rowe feel about the VC prisoners being tried in Saigon? Why does he feel this way?
4. What happens when Rowe is given nets and set lines for fishing and begins catching more than he can eat most days?
5. What do the men say to each other in their own slang?
6. What happens to the camp? How does Rowe feel about this? Why does he feel this way?
7. Why does Rowe decide to try another escape?
8. What gives Rowe the strength to resist the VC demands?
9. Describe the moments soon after Rowe's rescue.
10. Describe Rowe's escape attempt.
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)