|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Rowe discovered?
(a) In his cell.
(b) Two kilometers away from the camp.
(c) One kilometer away from camp.
(d) In the office of the camp commander.
2. The prisoners - Jim, Dan, John and Rowe - are moved again on March 4, 1967, this time to where?
(b) A camp with better construction.
(c) A smaller camp.
3. What is the first thing Rowe is offered to eat?
(a) A muffin.
(b) A donut.
(d) Fruit cake.
4. Rowe decides again to try an escape and plans to go in what?
(a) A truck.
(b) A plane.
(c) A car.
(d) A canal boat.
5. What will be sold by the guards?
(a) The excess vegetables grown by the men.
(b) The excess meat hunted by the men.
(c) The excess fish caught by the men.
(d) The excess food stolen by the men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rowe tell the enemy?
2. What threatens the camp?
3. Rowe knows that there might come a point at which he is released but hates the thought of what?
4. What do Rowe's captors tell the villagers?
5. Besides moving, what else do the Vietcong do to stay out of harm's way?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rowe feel about the VC prisoners being tried in Saigon? Why does he feel this way?
2. What happens when he arrives at the base?
3. How is Rowe rescued?
4. What does Rowe do on September 14? What does he expect from this?
5. Describe Rowe's encounter with the news reporter.
6. How do the Vietnamese act bravely regarding Rowe?
7. What does Rowe eat? How does this affect him?
8. Describe Rowe's action during the move.
9. What happens when Rowe is given nets and set lines for fishing and begins catching more than he can eat most days?
10. Who are Herc and Ajax? Describe Rowe's relationship with them.
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)