|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The next American brought to the camp is Staff Sergeant Ben Wilkes who has been in captivity for how long?
(a) Six months.
(b) A year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Four years.
2. Dan and Rowe learn that who has been assassinated but they don't believe it?
(a) Nguyen Minh Triet.
(b) Ho Chi Minh.
(c) Martin Luther King Jr.
(d) President Kennedy.
3. The following day, the men do what?
(a) Introduce themselves.
(b) Assess their situation.
(c) Call for help.
(d) Plan an escape attempt.
4. Riggs stands up for them to others and Rowe decides that being one of Riggs' lieutenants is what?
(a) A bad thing.
(b) A not so bad thing.
(c) A good thing.
(d) Not such a good thing.
5. Do Rowe's pleas for food and medicine get noticed?
(c) Not at first.
Short Answer Questions
1. One day, the camp is shelled and Rowe finds himself running for his life. He notes that it's ___________ to be so near a rescue.
2. When Rowe and his fellow squad members are deployed to Vietnam, they have a layover where?
3. Rowe notes that on nights they show a movie in camp there is almost no what?
4. Dave, on the verge of death, is taken away by boat, presumably to where?
5. The plan goes wrong immediately and the Vietcong do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the men instructed to write letters? Why do the men refuse these instructions?
2. What happened the night that the Beau Geste compound was bombed?
3. How does showing a movie affect the men?
4. What does Rowe think about his job as a member of the Special Forces?
5. How does Dan deal with this isolation?
6. What takes place immediately following Rowe's capture?
7. Describe Staff Sergeant Ben Wilkes.
8. What problems surround this plan?
9. What does Nam tell the men about their situation?
10. Who is Tim Barker? What happened to him?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)