|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The groups go into what?
(a) The now apparently deserted Vietcong camp.
(b) The now apparently deserted village.
(c) The bustling village.
(d) The fully-operational Vietcong camp.
2. Rowe is a member of what military organization?
(a) A regimental combat team.
(b) The mechanized cavalry.
(d) The Special Forces.
3. Dan establishes relationships with several prisoners, though not friendships, that save him from what?
(b) Being noticed by the Vietcong.
(c) Total isolation.
4. As they are moving to yet another location, Rowe catches an opportunity to watch Rocky and notes what?
(a) He is speaking in Vietnamese.
(b) He looks very weak.
(c) He is dressed in Western clothing.
(d) His hair has turned white.
5. They are blindfolded for the next part of the trip which is by ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why Rocky is taken away?
2. What request do the guards ignore?
3. On the way, they suddenly come under fire and Rowe is the first to realize what?
4. Rowe tells the guards this news when?
5. At one point Rowe is questioned but _______________ to communicate effectively.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the men are promised a Christmas celebration?
2. What happened to Ben?
3. When the men come under fire, what does Rowe realize?
4. What does Nam tell the men about their situation?
5. Describe the men's experiences at Tan Phu.
6. Describe the squad's deployment to Vietnam.
7. Describe Rowe's arrival at his training camp.
8. What has happened to Rowe, physically?
9. How does Dan deal with this isolation?
10. Describe Staff Sergeant Ben Wilkes.
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)