|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author of the story, James N. Rowe, is stationed at ____________ in Vietnam.
(a) Tinh An Giang.
(b) Tan Phu.
(c) A Hoi.
(d) Thanh Pho Ho Chi Minh.
2. There's a sudden rush of activity and Rowe sees the guards bring in _______ who had attempted an escape.
3. Rocky later has a lengthy conversation with the leader of the guards who offers up answers he believes Rocky wants to hear and, in exchange, gains what?
(a) A translator.
(b) Rocky's loyalty.
(c) Rocky's assistance with the other prisoners.
(d) Information and the understanding that Rocky can understand a great deal of the language.
4. Dan is put to work and finds that it's wonderful. Why?
(a) He likes being alone.
(b) He likes being able to move around the camp.
(c) It feels good to get some exercise.
(d) He likes only having to think about himself.
5. They face attacks of varying levels from their arrival but focus on providing what?
(b) Entertainment for the troops.
(c) Medical training and information about sanitation and other issues of health.
(d) Military training.
Short Answer Questions
1. The plan goes wrong immediately and the Vietcong do what?
2. Rowe tells the guards this news when?
3. Rowe spends some time in what he calls the best assignment the Army offers, learning the language while spending a great deal of time doing what?
4. The following day, the men do what?
5. Rowe, Rocky and Dan are put into what upon their arrival?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Ben?
2. How do Dan and Rowe learn that Rocky is alive?
3. What does Rowe think about his job as a member of the Special Forces?
4. Describe Rowe's arrival at his training camp.
5. What takes place immediately following Rowe's capture?
6. What happened the night that the Beau Geste compound was bombed?
7. What problems surround this plan?
8. How does showing a movie affect the men?
9. What operation is to take place?
10. How are some of the men captured or killed at this point?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)