|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dan establishes relationships with several prisoners, though not friendships, that save him from what?
(b) Total isolation.
(c) Being noticed by the Vietcong.
2. They cross rice paddies, learn from a resident that there have been enemy forces along the road recently but get no information regarding what?
(a) How long ago the enemy was there.
(b) Who the enemy is.
(c) Where the enemy is located.
(d) The number of forces.
3. Mr. Ba, is nicknamed what by Rowe?
4. Forces from the camp are to go to Le Coeur to do what?
(a) Sign a treaty with the Vietcong.
(b) Speak with the Vietcong.
(c) Drive out Vietcong forces.
(d) Surrender to the Vietcong.
5. On the way, they suddenly come under fire and Rowe is the first to realize what?
(a) The goal is to keep them pinned down until another group of VC can cut them off so that they have no escape.
(b) They are the only Americans left alive.
(c) The Vietcong are not the ones shooting at them.
(d) They are going to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rowe and his fellow squad members are deployed to Vietnam, they have a layover where?
2. When Rowe is taken inside, he discovers that _________ is there, that his leg is troubling him but that he is alive and conscious.
3. Dave, on the verge of death, is taken away by boat, presumably to where?
4. The new year arrives and it's discovered that what has happened to Rowe?
5. The schooling continues and Rowe learns what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first step of the operation? What goes wrong?
2. What happened to Dave at this point?
3. What does Nam tell the men about their situation?
4. What do the men do, first thing, the day after their arrival at the camp?
5. What takes place immediately following Rowe's capture?
6. Describe Staff Sergeant Ben Wilkes.
7. Who is Tim Barker? What happened to him?
8. How does Dan deal with this isolation?
9. Describe the squad's deployment to Vietnam.
10. How does showing a movie affect the men?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)