|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rowe arrives at his home and greets his father where?
(a) At the airport.
(b) At the military base.
(c) At the bus station.
(d) At the front door.
2. Why do the men buy raw brown sugar?
(a) It is cheap.
(b) It tastes good.
(c) It is not considered food.
(d) It is easy to come by.
3. Besides moving, what else do the Vietcong do to stay out of harm's way?
(a) They climb trees.
(b) They hide.
(c) They play dead.
(d) They continue to fight.
4. How does Rowe find the will to resist?
(a) In the actions of the Vietnamese people he encounters during the tour of the region.
(b) In the actions of his fellow POWs.
(c) In the actions of the Vietcong.
(d) In prayer.
5. What is Rowe told to expect?
(a) Animosity from the natives.
(b) Nothing from the natives.
(c) Fear from the natives.
(d) Help from the natives.
6. Who initially sees Rowe?
(a) A doctor.
(b) Army personnel.
(c) A nutritionist.
(d) A psychiatrist.
7. What does Rowe tell the enemy?
(a) He had been gathering firewood and had become lost.
(b) He is now a member of the Vietcong army.
(c) He wants to die.
(d) He is trying to escape.
8. Who spots Rowe?
(a) A tank.
(c) The Vietcong.
9. When they learn that some Vietcong prisoners are being tried in Saigon, Rowe prays they will be sentenced to what?
(c) Community service.
(d) Life in prison.
10. What punishment does Rowe receive when he continues to refuse the Vietcong's request?
(a) He is refused food.
(b) He is beaten.
(c) He is sent to bed without his clothing or his mosquito net.
(d) He is put in shackles in the middle of the camp.
11. What is Rowe told he can buy with the money he earns from his excess fish?
(a) Sugar and pepper.
(b) Sugar and tea.
(c) Sugar and salt.
(d) Garlic and pepper.
12. Why does Rowe wave his mosquito netting?
(a) It is the whitest thing in his possession.
(b) It is very large.
(c) It is the only possession he has.
(d) He is trying to swat away the mosquitos.
13. Where is Rowe's mother?
(a) With his father.
(b) Inside the house.
(c) At church.
(d) In the car.
14. Rowe knows that there might come a point at which he is released but hates the thought of what?
(a) Being left alone.
(b) Where his captors will release him.
(c) Waiting until then.
(d) Allowing his captors to hold that power over him.
15. What happens to Rowe's camp?
(a) It is destroyed.
(b) It is captured.
(c) It is invaded.
(d) It is bombed again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rowe is told that the other three are no longer considered prisoners and that he is not to do what?
2. Where is Rowe discovered?
3. Why do the Vietcong continually move those in the camp?
4. What do these animals do for Rowe?
5. How do many of the Vietnamese people feel about Rowe?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)