|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rowe is told that he and the other prisoners can do what?
(a) Grow vegetables.
2. Who tells Rowe that the other three are being released but that Rowe will "rest here" for the foreseeable future?
(a) A Vietcong soldier.
(b) The camp commander.
(c) The three men.
(d) The camp translator.
3. Alone, Rowe is initially ___________________.
4. What does Rowe say that the guards refuse to accept?
(a) The men will not give in to the Vietcong's requests.
(b) Adequate food was all that was necessary to keep the prisoners relatively healthy.
(c) The men are all willing to die for their country.
(d) Medicine was all that was necessary to keep the prisoners healthy.
5. What does Rowe tell the enemy?
(a) He is trying to escape.
(b) He is now a member of the Vietcong army.
(c) He had been gathering firewood and had become lost.
(d) He wants to die.
6. When they learn that some Vietcong prisoners are being tried in Saigon, Rowe prays they will be sentenced to what?
(a) Life in prison.
(d) Community service.
7. What does Rowe's captor do now that he believes Rowe?
(a) He splits off with him away from the rest of the group.
(b) He helps Rowe find Americans.
(c) He lets Rowe run away.
(d) He calls for more Vietcong.
8. What is a relatively slow process with Jim?
(a) His decline to death.
(b) His acceptance of the Vietcong beliefs.
(c) His improved health.
(d) His assimilation to prison culture.
9. Why does Rowe wave his mosquito netting?
(a) It is the only possession he has.
(b) He is trying to swat away the mosquitos.
(c) It is very large.
(d) It is the whitest thing in his possession.
10. What happens when Rowe is moved to another base?
(a) He is examined again and debriefed.
(b) He is ignored.
(c) He is allowed to rest.
(d) He is kept in a confined space.
11. What does Rowe do to one of his captors?
(a) He convinces him to run away.
(b) He confuses him.
(c) He kills him.
(d) He attacks him.
12. What is happening to Jim?
(a) He is growing stronger.
(b) He is weakening.
(c) He is becoming angry.
(d) He is beginning to believe the Vietcong.
13. What will be used in this selling process?
(a) The men's bartering tactics.
(b) The money given to the prisoners to buy extra items they want.
(c) The money the men had on them when they were captured.
(d) The men's valuables.
14. What threatens the camp?
(a) The American Army.
15. How are the next nights a nightmare of pain?
(a) He is dying from starvation.
(b) He is taunted by the Vietcong soldiers.
(c) He receives thousands of mosquito bites.
(d) He has large welts all over his body from the whip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rowe arrives at his home and greets his father where?
2. What is Rowe told he can buy with the money he earns from his excess fish?
3. Rowe knows that there might come a point at which he is released but hates the thought of what?
4. Who initially sees Rowe?
5. Why are the men not allowed to buy food?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)