|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In August, ______________, a medic with the Special Forces, arrives in the camp as a prisoner.
(a) Edward Johnson.
(b) Dave Davila.
(c) Tim Barker.
(d) Jim Jackson.
2. That night, Rowe has a dream about a battle and wakes to find what?
(a) They're being barraged with shells.
(b) He is still in California.
(c) No one there.
(d) A war movie being played.
3. Rowe is chosen to study ___________.
4. Why was the barracks hit?
(a) Because of its proximity to that target.
(b) Because it looks like an airplane hangar.
(c) Because the Vietcong wanted to kill the soldiers.
(d) Because the Vietcong have bad aim.
5. John and Rowe have bouts of what which prompts some rudimentary medical care?
(a) Kidney failure.
(b) Liver failure.
(c) Heart failure.
(d) Intestinal failure.
6. They are blindfolded for the next part of the trip which is by ___________.
7. Dan establishes relationships with several prisoners, though not friendships, that save him from what?
(a) Being noticed by the Vietcong.
(c) Total isolation.
8. Why does Rowe go on constant forced walks?
(a) Reportedly to try to kill him.
(b) Reportedly to give him exercise.
(c) Reportedly for his safety from air raids.
(d) Reportedly to weaken him.
9. They then fly on to Can Tho to what compound?
(a) Chu Lai.
(b) Beau Geste.
(c) Nha Trang.
(d) Bien Hoa.
10. Rowe's group goes on to Tan Phu where they are to do what?
(a) Learn the language.
(b) Oversee construction projects and offer assistance to the Vietnamese forces there.
(c) Train the Vietnamese.
(d) Plan attacks against the Vietcong.
11. Le Coeur is too near the camp to allow what?
(a) The newly-arrived Vietcong to remain.
(b) Peace between the Vietcong and U.S. military.
(c) The U.S. military to remain.
(d) A battle to take place.
12. What do the guards do?
(a) They take the body away.
(b) They throw Ben's body in the river.
(c) They dig up the body.
(d) They punish Rowe.
13. One day, Dan and Rowe are bathing in a canal when they hear whose voice?
(a) The President's.
14. The next morning Rowe and the others begin what?
(a) A rigorous regimen of training.
(b) Studying Chinese.
(c) Touring the city.
(d) Studying the Vietcong strategies.
15. Major Hai commands the camp and Mr. Muoi serves as what?
(b) The cook.
(c) His assistant.
(d) The disciplinarian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dan and Rowe are taken to another camp where what are taken?
2. They continue to seek a way out when they learn what has happened to reinforcements?
3. Rowe notes that on nights they show a movie in camp there is almost no what?
4. Why Rocky is taken away?
5. The next morning, Rowe is cooking breakfast when he receives word that what has happened?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)