|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One day, the camp is shelled and Rowe finds himself running for his life. He notes that it's ___________ to be so near a rescue.
2. The new year arrives and it's discovered that what has happened to Rowe?
(a) He has been shot.
(b) He has not been eating.
(c) He has been tortured.
(d) He has been retaining fluids.
3. Dan and Rowe learn that who has been assassinated but they don't believe it?
(a) Martin Luther King Jr.
(b) Ho Chi Minh.
(c) Nguyen Minh Triet.
(d) President Kennedy.
4. What request do the guards ignore?
(a) The prisoners being allowed to contact Ben's wife.
(b) The prisoners being allowed to write a letter to the Red Cross.
(c) The prisoners being allowed to bury Ben.
(d) The prisoners being allowed to have a priest bury Ben.
5. Dave, on the verge of death, is taken away by boat, presumably to where?
(a) A hospital.
(b) The river.
(c) Another camp.
(d) A cemetery.
6. Dan is put to work and finds that it's wonderful. Why?
(a) He likes being able to move around the camp.
(b) He likes being alone.
(c) It feels good to get some exercise.
(d) He likes only having to think about himself.
7. The author of the story, James N. Rowe, is stationed at ____________ in Vietnam.
(a) Tinh An Giang.
(b) Tan Phu.
(c) Thanh Pho Ho Chi Minh.
(d) A Hoi.
8. They face attacks of varying levels from their arrival but focus on providing what?
(a) Military training.
(b) Medical training and information about sanitation and other issues of health.
(d) Entertainment for the troops.
9. It's almost ______ o'clock when the ambush group is spotted by a guard.
10. Rowe, Rocky and Dan are put into what upon their arrival?
(a) A cage.
(b) A truck bed.
(c) A train car.
(d) A large room.
11. For days, the attacks continue during the daylight hours so that Dan and Rowe are moved out early each morning where?
(a) Into broad daylight.
(b) To another camp.
(c) Into the dense foliage in the nearby area.
(d) Into a nearby river.
12. At one point Rowe is questioned but _______________ to communicate effectively.
(a) Is too afraid.
(b) Is too confused.
(c) Knows too little Vietnamese.
(d) Is too tired.
13. The next morning Rowe and the others begin what?
(a) Studying the Vietcong strategies.
(b) Touring the city.
(c) A rigorous regimen of training.
(d) Studying Chinese.
14. To whom does Lowe barely have time to say goodbye?
15. Le Coeur is too near the camp to allow what?
(a) Peace between the Vietcong and U.S. military.
(b) A battle to take place.
(c) The newly-arrived Vietcong to remain.
(d) The U.S. military to remain.
Short Answer Questions
1. They continue to seek a way out when they learn what has happened to reinforcements?
2. Major Hai commands the camp and Mr. Muoi serves as what?
3. Dave and John are moved out of the camp in _________ of 1965.
4. That night, Rowe has a dream about a battle and wakes to find what?
5. The trip continues _________ late and arrives in Tan Son Nhut where Rowe watches departing troops head back to the United States in the plane that brought him there.
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)