|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author of the story, James N. Rowe, is stationed at ____________ in Vietnam.
(a) Tinh An Giang.
(b) Thanh Pho Ho Chi Minh.
(c) Tan Phu.
(d) A Hoi.
2. Mr. Ba, is nicknamed what by Rowe?
3. For days, the attacks continue during the daylight hours so that Dan and Rowe are moved out early each morning where?
(a) To another camp.
(b) Into a nearby river.
(c) Into the dense foliage in the nearby area.
(d) Into broad daylight.
4. Why Rocky is taken away?
(a) Apparently so he can assist the Vietcong.
(b) Apparently so he can be tried and hanged.
(c) Apparently so he cannot communicate with the others.
(d) Apparently so he can go home.
5. Rowe has another painful and serious attack of what?
(b) Fluid buildup.
6. Rowe and the others are fed _____ though his hands remain tied.
7. Riggs stands up for them to others and Rowe decides that being one of Riggs' lieutenants is what?
(a) Not such a good thing.
(b) A not so bad thing.
(c) A good thing.
(d) A bad thing.
8. Rowe is chosen to study ___________.
9. Who is the leader of the guards?
10. Why would Rowe likely have been shot on sight?
(a) He is of Asian descent.
(b) The Americans are trigger-happy.
(c) He is dressed in traditional Vietcong garb.
(d) The American soldiers shoot on sight.
11. Then Ben becomes listless and Rowe sees the signs of what?
(d) A man who has given up hope.
12. What happens to Lowe?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is tortured.
(c) He's bound at the wrist and elbow and is taken away.
(d) He is chased away.
13. It's almost ______ o'clock when the ambush group is spotted by a guard.
14. That night, Rowe has a dream about a battle and wakes to find what?
(a) No one there.
(b) He is still in California.
(c) They're being barraged with shells.
(d) A war movie being played.
15. The story returns to when?
(a) Rowe decided to join the military.
(b) The moments following Rowe's capture.
(c) Rowe was in the training camp in the U.S.
(d) Rowe was rescued.
Short Answer Questions
1. The prisoners are promised what celebration?
2. To whom does Lowe barely have time to say goodbye?
3. Rowe and Dan insist that they write a single letter to whom?
4. They are blindfolded for the next part of the trip which is by ___________.
5. Rowe is a member of what military organization?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)