|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Lowe barely have time to say goodbye?
2. The prisoners are promised what celebration?
(a) An Easter celebration.
(b) A Chinese New Year celebration.
(c) A Christmas celebration.
(d) A Thanksgiving celebration.
3. They then fly on to Can Tho to what compound?
(a) Beau Geste.
(b) Chu Lai.
(c) Nha Trang.
(d) Bien Hoa.
4. Rocky later has a lengthy conversation with the leader of the guards who offers up answers he believes Rocky wants to hear and, in exchange, gains what?
(a) A translator.
(b) Information and the understanding that Rocky can understand a great deal of the language.
(c) Rocky's loyalty.
(d) Rocky's assistance with the other prisoners.
5. They are told they are to listen to a radio broadcast. What are the first words they hear?
(a) Dave Davila has been executed.
(b) Tim Barker has been executed.
(c) Edward Johnson has been executed.
(d) Rocky Versace has been executed.
6. They cross rice paddies, learn from a resident that there have been enemy forces along the road recently but get no information regarding what?
(a) The number of forces.
(b) Where the enemy is located.
(c) Who the enemy is.
(d) How long ago the enemy was there.
7. Major Hai commands the camp and Mr. Muoi serves as what?
(b) His assistant.
(c) The cook.
(d) The disciplinarian.
8. Rowe arrives in Fort Sill, ____________, in 1961.
9. Why was the barracks hit?
(a) Because of its proximity to that target.
(b) Because the Vietcong have bad aim.
(c) Because the Vietcong wanted to kill the soldiers.
(d) Because it looks like an airplane hangar.
10. It's almost ______ o'clock when the ambush group is spotted by a guard.
11. John and Rowe have bouts of what which prompts some rudimentary medical care?
(a) Kidney failure.
(b) Intestinal failure.
(c) Heart failure.
(d) Liver failure.
12. Rowe spends some time in what he calls the best assignment the Army offers, learning the language while spending a great deal of time doing what?
(b) Lying on the California beach and learning to parachute.
(c) Learning to surf.
(d) Seeing the sites of the city.
13. Dan establishes relationships with several prisoners, though not friendships, that save him from what?
(c) Being noticed by the Vietcong.
(d) Total isolation.
14. The next morning Rowe and the others begin what?
(a) Touring the city.
(b) Studying the Vietcong strategies.
(c) A rigorous regimen of training.
(d) Studying Chinese.
15. When Rowe and his fellow squad members are deployed to Vietnam, they have a layover where?
(a) In Hawaii.
(b) In California.
(c) In China.
(d) In Fiji.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the leader of the guards?
2. The new year arrives and it's discovered that what has happened to Rowe?
3. They are blindfolded for the next part of the trip which is by ___________.
4. In February they arrive at Rung U Minh or what?
5. When Rowe is taken inside, he discovers that _________ is there, that his leg is troubling him but that he is alive and conscious.
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)