|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is a new American prisoner, a man named Dave Davila who has what?
(a) West Nile.
(d) Shrapnel in his legs.
2. It's almost ______ o'clock when the ambush group is spotted by a guard.
3. At one point Rowe is questioned but _______________ to communicate effectively.
(a) Is too confused.
(b) Is too afraid.
(c) Knows too little Vietnamese.
(d) Is too tired.
4. What does Rowe find out later about the airstrip?
(a) It was well-defended during the attack.
(b) It was avoided during the attack.
(c) It was missed during the attack.
(d) It was the target of the attack.
5. Dan eventually finds himself alone in another camp, for what reason?
(a) For encouraging the other men to resist the temptation to give into the Vietcong.
(b) For talking back to the Vietcong.
(c) For having refused to agree to the rhetoric being taught to the prisoners.
(d) For having tried to escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author of the story, James N. Rowe, is stationed at ____________ in Vietnam.
2. One day, the camp is shelled and Rowe finds himself running for his life. He notes that it's ___________ to be so near a rescue.
3. When Rowe and his fellow squad members are deployed to Vietnam, they have a layover where?
4. They are told they are to listen to a radio broadcast. What are the first words they hear?
5. What happens to Lowe?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)