|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rowe and Dan Pitzer split off, leaving Rocky with whom?
(a) Lieutenant Thanh.
(b) Lieutenant Tihn.
(c) Lieutenant Hoi.
(d) Lieutenant Minh.
2. On the way, they suddenly come under fire and Rowe is the first to realize what?
(a) The goal is to keep them pinned down until another group of VC can cut them off so that they have no escape.
(b) The Vietcong are not the ones shooting at them.
(c) They are going to die.
(d) They are the only Americans left alive.
3. Rowe and Dan insist that they write a single letter to whom?
(a) Their families.
(b) The Red Cross.
(c) The President.
(d) The U.S. military.
4. They continue to seek a way out when they learn what has happened to reinforcements?
(a) They have been caught in an ambush and won't be coming to their aid.
(b) They have surrendered to the Vietcong.
(c) They are returned to the camp.
(d) They have all been killed.
5. The author of the story, James N. Rowe, is stationed at ____________ in Vietnam.
(a) Thanh Pho Ho Chi Minh.
(b) Tan Phu.
(c) A Hoi.
(d) Tinh An Giang.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Lowe barely have time to say goodbye?
2. What happens to Lowe?
3. The following day, the men do what?
4. They face attacks of varying levels from their arrival but focus on providing what?
5. When Rowe is taken inside, he discovers that _________ is there, that his leg is troubling him but that he is alive and conscious.
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)