|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One older woman questions Rowe's captors. What does she ask?
(a) Why he looks as if he is not fed enough.
(b) What they plan on doing with him.
(c) Why he is still alive.
(d) Why he has been caught.
2. He says that he fears for his life but grows more hopeful when?
(a) He is no longer being beaten.
(b) He is not shot immediately.
(c) He is given food.
(d) The Vietcong leave him alone.
3. What do Rowe's captors tell the villagers?
(a) Rowe will be executed shortly.
(b) Rowe is now a member of the National Liberation Front.
(c) Rowe had deserved to die but that he was being treated leniently by the NLF.
(d) Rowe will be returned to the Americans.
4. Mr. Ba later tells the men that the Red Cross is what?
(a) Trying to find them.
(b) A tool of the imperialist aggressors.
(d) An important tool of the Americans.
5. What do the guards give the prisoners?
(a) A turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes.
(b) Rice and fish.
(c) A ham, greenbeans, and tea.
(d) A chicken, cabbage, grease, a French roll, coffee and sugar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Rowe been repeatedly told regarding the National Liberation Front?
2. Rowe knows that there might come a point at which he is released but hates the thought of what?
3. The schooling continues and Rowe learns what?
4. At one point Rowe is questioned but _______________ to communicate effectively.
5. The following day, the men do what?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)