* The author of the story, James N. Rowe, is stationed at Tan Phu in an effort to coordinate communication between Tan Phu and Camau.
* Rowe learns that there's to be an operation in which forces from the camp are to go to Le Coeur to drive out Vietcong forces.
* The plan is for one group to attack the hamlet while two other groups set up for an ambush if any escape the main attack.
* Rowe notes that there are some flaws in the plan, including the lack of fire support as the groups return.
* The plan continually has problems, and the men are finally ambushed by the Vietcong.
* Rowe arrives in Fort Sill, Oklahoma, in 1961; Rowe and the others begin a rigorous regimen of training.
* As a member of the Special Forces, Rowe is chosen to study Chinese and he spends some time in...
This section contains 2,132 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)