• The author of the story, James N. Rowe, is stationed at Tan Phu in an effort to coordinate communication between Tan Phu and Camau.
• Rowe learns that there's to be an operation in which forces from the camp are to go to Le Coeur to drive out Vietcong forces.
• The plan is for one group to attack the hamlet while two other groups set up for an ambush if any escape the main attack.
• Rowe notes that there are some flaws in the plan, including the lack of fire support as the groups return.
• The plan continually has problems, and the men are finally ambushed by the Vietcong.
• Rowe arrives in Fort Sill, Oklahoma, in 1961; Rowe and the others begin a rigorous regimen of training.
• As a member of the Special Forces, Rowe is chosen to study Chinese and he spends some...
This section contains 2,142 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)