|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary device is used when discussing the accident that occurs at another park?
2. What does Eddie realize about his life as a maintenance worker, after speaking with Tala?
3. Who finally leads Eddie to Heaven?
4. When is the story set in Chapter Eleven, after the author reveals the fourth person Eddie meets in Heaven?
5. How much money does Eddie have in the bank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marguerite teach Eddie in Heaven?
2. Describe Eddie's relationship with Joe.
3. Eddie's father saves Mickey Shea. Considering Mickey's actions, what does this rescue say about Eddie's father?
4. Why is a reception hall an appropriate place for Eddie to meet Marguerite in Heaven?
5. For what was Eddie supposed to save his money, instead of gambling?
6. Who is the child Eddie meets in Heaven, and why is she significant?
7. What does Tala teach Eddie?
8. Why is the stranger Eddie meets in Chapter Eight so significant in his life?
9. How is the person whose key shredded the cable connected to the Pier?
10. Why does Ruby know all of the details of Eddie's father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mitch Albom effectively uses his own experiences with relatives to create Eddie and his other characters. Draw connections between the people in Albom's life and those in Eddie's life. Write an essay paralleling the similarities and contrasting the differences.
Essay Topic 2
Many themes are seen throughout the novel. Three that are most prevalent include: forgiveness, acceptance, and the importance of love in a person's life. Using the three aforementioned themes as points in your response, highlight what you have learned about these themes as used in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Eddie learns that his life has helped to save the lives of many others. How might the five people Eddie meets in Heaven be impacted if Eddie had NOT been involved in their lives? Discuss how the Blue Man, Tala, Amy or Annie, Marguerite, and Ruby might have entirely different lives if it were not for Eddie.
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)