|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eddie's first birthday after Marguerite's death?
2. How does Eddie feel about his life without Marguerite?
3. Eddie and Marguerite save money for what big event?
4. Why does Eddie's father forgive Mickey Shea?
5. How does Eddie help to make Tala whole again?
Essay Topic 1
The Captain tells Eddie, "When you sacrifice something that is precious, you don't actually lose it. " (Chapter 7) How is the Captain's statement relevant to Eddie's entire life, not just to his leg injury? Be sure to cite at least three examples.
Essay Topic 2
Mitch Albom introduces silence as an effective symbol several times throughout the novel. Identify three different instances where silence is employed, and explain why its use is so effective. Make sure to cite your references.
Essay Topic 3
In most novels, minor characters are simply used to assist the plot. In THE FIVE PEOPLE YOU MEET IN HEAVEN, however, Albom uses minor characters to more profoundly impact his protagonist. Discuss how Mickey Shea, Eddie's father, and Ruby are essential to move the plot along.
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)