|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Eddie to wish him a happy sixty-eighth birthday?
2. How old was Eddie's father when he died?
3. Who finally leads Eddie to Heaven?
4. How much money does Eddie have in the bank?
5. What does Eddie's co-worker say about Eddie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tala is the fifth and most important person Eddie meets in Heaven. What does she teach Eddie? Why is Tala so important in Eddie's life? Why does Albom introduce her as Eddie's last person, rather than using Marguerite, Eddie's great love?
Essay Topic 2
The estate attorney at the end of the novel comments on what a "poor slob" Eddie is because he has no material possessions. How is Eddie actually rich, without consideration of material possessions?
Essay Topic 3
Mitch Albom effectively uses symbolism throughout the novel. Discuss why his use of color as a symbol works to help deliver the impact of the rising action.
This section contains 1,116 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)