|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Eddie see in Chapter Twelve?
2. Who finally leads Eddie to Heaven?
3. How long after Eddie's death does the park reopen?
4. Why is Eddie envious of Joe?
5. How does Eddie feel when he returns home from the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the estate attorney view Eddie's life?
2. What was Eddie's relationship like with his father?
3. Who is the child Eddie meets in Heaven, and why is she significant?
4. What does the reader learn about Eddie through the short snippets describing his various birthdays?
5. Describe Eddie's relationship with Joe.
6. Is the estate attorney's view of Eddie accurate? Why or why not?
7. How does Albom use Eddie's birthdays to pass time in Chapter Twelve?
8. How will Amy or Annie's visit to Heaven be connected to Eddie?
9. What does Marguerite teach Eddie in Heaven?
10. Why does Ruby know all of the details of Eddie's father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Blue Man tells Eddie, "That there are no random acts. That we are all connected. That you can no more separate one life from another than you can separate a breeze from the wind." (p. 48, ll. 1-3) Show how this quote is one of the main lessons throughout the novel. Be sure to cite at least three specific examples and connect them back to the quote.
Essay Topic 2
Mitch Albom effectively uses symbolism throughout the novel. Discuss why his use of color as a symbol works to help deliver the impact of the rising action.
Essay Topic 3
The estate attorney at the end of the novel comments on what a "poor slob" Eddie is because he has no material possessions. How is Eddie actually rich, without consideration of material possessions?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)