|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddie learn about the last day he was alive?
2. How does the book end?
3. Who finally leads Eddie to Heaven?
4. How does Eddie's father treat his sons?
5. Chapter Fourteen serves as what part of the plot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tala teach Eddie?
2. How does Eddie feel when he returns home from the VA hospital?
3. What was Eddie's relationship like with his father?
4. Why does Ruby know all of the details of Eddie's father?
5. Who is the child Eddie meets in Heaven, and why is she significant?
6. Clearly, Chapter thirteen is used as the falling action for the reader. How is Tala's lesson a resolution for Eddie, as well?
7. Explain Ruby's lesson to Eddie.
8. How does Eddie's father die?
9. Is the estate attorney's view of Eddie accurate? Why or why not?
10. How is the person whose key shredded the cable connected to the Pier?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Albom includes the time Eddie serves in the war as an important part of Eddie's life. How is Eddie's emotional state similar to the physical destruction caused by war? How does Eddie finally make peace with himself throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Eddie learns that his life has helped to save the lives of many others. How might the five people Eddie meets in Heaven be impacted if Eddie had NOT been involved in their lives? Discuss how the Blue Man, Tala, Amy or Annie, Marguerite, and Ruby might have entirely different lives if it were not for Eddie.
Essay Topic 3
Tala is the fifth and most important person Eddie meets in Heaven. What does she teach Eddie? Why is Tala so important in Eddie's life? Why does Albom introduce her as Eddie's last person, rather than using Marguerite, Eddie's great love?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)