|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eddie and Marguerite save money for what big event?
2. What does Eddie do on his seventy-fifth birthday?
3. Why does Eddie's father forgive Mickey Shea?
4. What literary device is used when discussing the accident that occurs at another park?
5. What does Eddie realize about his life as a maintenance worker, after speaking with Tala?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Eddie's and Marguerite's relationship impacted by the fallout from the track and Marguerite's accident?
2. What does the reader learn about Eddie through the short snippets describing his various birthdays?
3. How will Amy or Annie's visit to Heaven be connected to Eddie?
4. How is Chapter Twelve used as the denouement?
5. For what was Eddie supposed to save his money, instead of gambling?
6. How does the estate attorney view Eddie's life?
7. What symbols does the author use in Chapter Twelve?
8. How do Eddie's actions on his thirty-ninth birthday contribute to Marguerite's accident?
9. What was Eddie's relationship like with his father?
10. How does the fifth person Eddie meets in Heaven reveal Eddie's character?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eddie learns that his life has helped to save the lives of many others. How might the five people Eddie meets in Heaven be impacted if Eddie had NOT been involved in their lives? Discuss how the Blue Man, Tala, Amy or Annie, Marguerite, and Ruby might have entirely different lives if it were not for Eddie.
Essay Topic 2
Tala is the fifth and most important person Eddie meets in Heaven. What does she teach Eddie? Why is Tala so important in Eddie's life? Why does Albom introduce her as Eddie's last person, rather than using Marguerite, Eddie's great love?
Essay Topic 3
Albom introduces the reader to a little girl in Chapter One named Amy or Annie. Why is her name unspecified? Aside from the fact that Eddie tries to save her, what is her role in Eddie's life? What is Eddie's role in her life? How will the story continue to spin, even after the end of the novel, as outlined by the author?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)