|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finally leads Eddie to Heaven?
2. How does Eddie come across big money?
3. For what are Eddie's co-worker and estate attorney looking?
4. How does Eddie spend his last birthday?
5. What literary device is used when discussing the accident that occurs at another park?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Ruby's lesson to Eddie.
2. How is the person whose key shredded the cable connected to the Pier?
3. Why is a reception hall an appropriate place for Eddie to meet Marguerite in Heaven?
4. Is the estate attorney's view of Eddie accurate? Why or why not?
5. Eddie washes Tala with a stone. What is the significance of this action?
6. How does Albom use Eddie's birthdays to pass time in Chapter Twelve?
7. What symbols does the author use in Chapter Twelve?
8. How does the fifth person Eddie meets in Heaven reveal Eddie's character?
9. How do Eddie's actions on his thirty-ninth birthday contribute to Marguerite's accident?
10. Eddie's father saves Mickey Shea. Considering Mickey's actions, what does this rescue say about Eddie's father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tala is the fifth and most important person Eddie meets in Heaven. What does she teach Eddie? Why is Tala so important in Eddie's life? Why does Albom introduce her as Eddie's last person, rather than using Marguerite, Eddie's great love?
Essay Topic 2
Mitch Albom effectively uses his own experiences with relatives to create Eddie and his other characters. Draw connections between the people in Albom's life and those in Eddie's life. Write an essay paralleling the similarities and contrasting the differences.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the fact that Eddie still worked at the Pier at age eighty-three. Next, recall Eddie's relationship with his father and his brother. Using facts from the novel, write an essay where Eddie's father and Eddie's brother are two of the people Eddie meets in Heaven. What lessons would they teach Eddie? How might their interactions play out?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)