Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eddie feel when he returns home from the war?
2. How does Eddie feel about his father?
3. What does Joe do for a living?
4. Why is Eddie's father not able to speak?
5. Who calls Eddie to wish him a happy sixty-eighth birthday?
Write an essay about the concept of Heaven. What is your idea of Heaven? What was Eddie's expectation, before meeting the Blue Man? How does Eddie's actual journey through Heaven compare to your own thoughts of such a place?
Mitch Albom tells the story of Eddie by using many effective literary devices. How does his use of flashback, foreshadowing, and suspense propel the novel?
The Captain tells Eddie, "When you sacrifice something that is precious, you don't actually lose it. " (Chapter 7) How is the Captain's statement relevant to Eddie's entire life, not just to his leg injury? Be sure to cite at least three examples.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)