|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Eddie have in the bank?
2. Why does Eddie's father forgive Mickey Shea?
3. What does Mickey Shea do to anger Eddie's father?
4. When is the story set in Chapter Eleven, after the author reveals the fourth person Eddie meets in Heaven?
5. From what had Tala been wounded?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eddie feel when he returns home from the VA hospital?
2. How will Amy or Annie's visit to Heaven be connected to Eddie?
3. Who is the child Eddie meets in Heaven, and why is she significant?
4. How does the fifth person Eddie meets in Heaven reveal Eddie's character?
5. Explain Ruby's lesson to Eddie.
6. What does Tala teach Eddie?
7. What was Eddie's relationship like with his father?
8. Is the estate attorney's view of Eddie accurate? Why or why not?
9. What symbols does the author use in Chapter Twelve?
10. How is Chapter Twelve used as the denouement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Albom includes the time Eddie serves in the war as an important part of Eddie's life. How is Eddie's emotional state similar to the physical destruction caused by war? How does Eddie finally make peace with himself throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Mitch Albom introduces silence as an effective symbol several times throughout the novel. Identify three different instances where silence is employed, and explain why its use is so effective. Make sure to cite your references.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the concept of Heaven. What is your idea of Heaven? What was Eddie's expectation, before meeting the Blue Man? How does Eddie's actual journey through Heaven compare to your own thoughts of such a place?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)